P E T S! All About Pets, Pets Pets Pets!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest littlesuey

okay, my dog has this red bump growing next to his left eye.. idk what it is.. my parents don't think it's serious and won't take him to the vet. so, i wondered can i use human eye-drops on dogs?

like visine or whatever?

i don't know if it's pink eye!

my uncle said his eyes were kind of bulgey.

(my dog is 9months old and a pekinese/maltese mix)

plus, if a dog has knots in his hair, can i just snip it off?

Guest aznscrewball

I would say take it to the vet. If it is what I think it is, it should be pink eye. But this type of pink eye is very common in puppies. You should get eyedrops from the vet. I can't remember what my vet told me about this. Its very common, but it still doesn't mean you shudln't take it to the vet. Just in case.

eyeoz3.png

Its growing where the red is right?

Oh yea its fine to cut your dog's hair when its all matted, but expect it to look like a chunk of hair is missing from its fur. If you just snip the hair off, it takes care of the problem, but it might look a little odd before the hair grows back out again.

Oh yea, can I add that its contagious? Don't take it around other dogs for the time being and wash your hands everytime you touch her...just in case (it shouldn't be contagious to humans, but better safe then sorry)

Guest xquisite_

Does Snuffles (cute name) have a vet? They might be able to give you some info...or board Snuffles themselves. There are some other vets listed here--at least they're 'local' to you. Maybe they know of a sitter.

http://www.hedgehogcentral.com/vetab.shtml

I called the one in Calgary and apparently the number is now out-of-service. =_______="

Thanks though.

Guest littlesuey

okay, i have a puppy. he's 9 months old. and he's closest to my little sister.

and today, we noticed he's been ..err.. very close..physically.. to my sister.

like, he'll wrap his front legs around my sister's arm and won't let go of her.

..it's creeping me out.

is he like hxmping her? o__o"

[edit]

oh, and he bites my sister too? o___o""

Guest euhtee

okay, i have a puppy. he's 9 months old. and he's closest to my little sister.

and today, we noticed he's been ..err.. very close..physically.. to my sister.

like, he'll wrap his front legs around my sister's arm and won't let go of her.

..it's creeping me out.

is he like hxmping her? o__o"

[edit]

oh, and he bites my sister too? o___o""

Puppies/Dogs begin to mature sexually between the ages of 6 and 14 months..

But you'll definately be able to tell if he is "hxmping" her.. If its just his legs wrapped around her arm and he isn't doing anything else with his body, more then likely he isn't hxmping her.

But some dogs tend to chose favorites in the family too and tend to stick close to that person, or so I read.

What kind of dog is he?

anyways, heres the site that I found the info on if you want to check it out.

http://www.diamondsintheruff.com/DevelopmentalStages.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, today my family and I went to this siberian husky breeder and we chose out a pup.

Its a girl.. But she's so tiny now. Only 2 weeks so we have to wait 6 more weeks before we can take her home..

Guest littlesuey

Puppies/Dogs begin to mature sexually between the ages of 6 and 14 months..

But you'll definately be able to tell if he is "hxmping" her.. If its just his legs wrapped around her arm and he isn't doing anything else with his body, more then likely he isn't hxmping her.

But some dogs tend to chose favorites in the family too and tend to stick close to that person, or so I read.

What kind of dog is he?

anyways, heres the site that I found the info on if you want to check it out.

http://www.diamondsintheruff.com/DevelopmentalStages.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, today my family and I went to this siberian husky breeder and we chose out a pup.

Its a girl.. But she's so tiny now. Only 2 weeks so we have to wait 6 more weeks before we can take her home..

I took pics while I was there:

pup001.jpg

he's a little pekinese...

yeah, he just won't let go of my little sister & she tells me he bites her!

but thanks for the site .x]

it seems to make sense~

Guest 한국 사랑

I would hold off getting a dog until you're done all your travelling. Puppies need time to settle into their new environment, and if you're going to go away then its bad for the dog overall. It has no time to bond with the owner or get potty trained. You don't want your puppy to not recognize you when you come back from wherever right? Bonding time is important.

i can't do that cos on the 13th, the breeder is going to a dog show a province away.

but its okay cos my dad will take care of my puppy. thanks for the advice.

I called the one in Calgary and apparently the number is now out-of-service. =_______="

Thanks though.

what a pain. =/ That's why I suggested asking your own vet--or another small animal vet (anywhere><)--if they can't help you, maybe they can refer you to someone. In my first post I forgot to add try checking with Calgary Zoo. Good luck finding a sitter. ^^

I'd like to add something to aznscrewball's reply to littlesuey--NEVER give your animals medication or anything else made for humans--unless the vet says it's okay. I've never asked about Visine before myself--but there are eyedrops made especially for animals--and you can only get them from a vetor with a prescription from a vet. They're the only things we've ever used for them.

Guest MoonlightChunsa

I'm so happy I have a new kitten. she so adorable but maybe she sleeps too much...but i kind of think its because she doesn't have any toys yet....

Guest Nana

I'm so happy I have a new kitten. she so adorable but maybe she sleeps too much...but i kind of think its because she doesn't have any toys yet....

I don't know if it's the same with kittens as it is with puppies but they're supposed to spend most of their time sleeping. I know our pups used to sleep 12+ hours and the vet said it was completely normal.

how hard was it for you guys to teach your dogs tricks? so far the only trick i taught my dog is sit. i taught it to lay down, and after a while it laid down, but thought that was sit also. does that make sense?

the tricks i really want to teach are stay, hand, play dead, and roll over.

Play dead neither of my dogs can do yet, but I really haven't tried to teach them that. My German Shepherded was troublesome at first because my family and myself really never had any boundaries for him until was about 1 (due to the death of our previous dog) so once we decided he needed to start behaving it was a bit hard. Than when I got my Golden everything was smooth sailing. She's incredibly smart mind you but my German started catching on pretty quickly watching her.

Both my dogs know, sit, down, stay, give me paw, roll over, come, watch it/take it, give me, drop it on command and my golden does it even if you don't voice the commands but just do the physical movements.

All of the above they had learned within days of teaching them, I just had to keep repeating so they won't forget. If you know the proper techniques of teaching your dog I'd imagine it's pretty easy. I bought a book that teaches you how to train your dog and found it quiet easy and my dogs caught on quickly. If you start teaching the dog while it is a puppy you shouldn't have too much trouble.

It's different for everyone I've heard a lot of people say they had the hardest time training their dog but honestly I think that's more the trainers fault than the dog.

Not to worry. Cats sleep a lot, on average they can sleep 13-16 hours a day. My three-year-old spends more than half his day snoozing. Kittens tend to sleep just as much as adult cats, or even more. If there's a drastic change in sleeping patterns, then that should be a cause for worry. But generally, cats are big sleepers.

Guest loveof

what do you do when your dog dies......?

i don't think i would be able to bury it..

cuz my backyard is stones. :unsure:

Guest eunhae

iv had quite a few fish over the course of three months

the tiny ones, btw

but each of them slowly died off

& i have yet to know which fish have a longer living rate than others

can someone help?

what do you do when your dog dies......?

i don't think i would be able to bury it..

cuz my backyard is stones. :unsure:

we have our animals cremated and we keep their ashes. I couldn't take anything else.

Some people bury them in pet cemetaries. Others--I don't know. =/

Guest PDURRR

iv had quite a few fish over the course of three months

the tiny ones, btw

but each of them slowly died off

& i have yet to know which fish have a longer living rate than others

can someone help?

you can always get those feeder fish (even though they're used to feed bigger fish) but yeahhh they seem to live pretty long and you dont really needa take care of them other than feeding and changing water once in awhile

and they're cheap like 25 cents bigger ones

Guest Lynelle

Hi I'm new here and I'm a dog lover. I have two adorable Lhasa apso ages 14 & 12. Thank God they're still healthy and energetic altho the older one has an enlarge heart. I love them so much :)

Hey guys, I have a question. Today when I came home I saw about fifty ants crawling over a piece of bread. I completely freaked out and used a spray that killed them all. My dog, however, tempted by the smell of bread, decided to eat it while I wasn't looking. Obviously, the bread was probably soaked with the chemical that I sprayed, not to mention tons of dead ants all over it. So I am wondering, would this harm my dog? It's been about 6 hours and she's doing fine, but I am afraid that something might happen.

Archived