[drama Japan 2007] 冗談じゃない!/ Jodan Ja Nai!

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Oda Yuji, Ueno Juri, Tanaka Kei

jodanjanai.jpg

* Title: 冗談じゃない!

* Title (romaji): Jodan ja nai!

* Format: Renzoku

* Episodes:

* Broadcast network: TBS

* Broadcast period: 2007-Apr-15 to 2007-Jun-??

* Air time: Sunday 21:00

* Theme song: Hug, Hug, by Oda Yuji

Synopsis

A home comedy in which Oda Yuji will play a 40-year-old man who marries the 20-year-old woman, Ueno Juri. He will find out that his wife's mother(Ohtake Shinobu) is his former lover.

Cast

* Oda Yuji as Takamura Keita

* Ueno Juri as Takamura Eren

* Tanaka Kei as Tomoda Satoshi

* Naka Riisa as Hirose Karen

* Kanno Rio as Hirose Seren

* Morisako Ei as Hirose Miren

* Arai Kentaro (荒井健太郎) as Yamada Akira

* Umezawa Masayo as Oonishi-san

* Taguchi Hiromasa as Yamada Motoo

* Kobayashi Susumu as Sasaki

* Ohtake Shinobu as Hirose Rie

* Kusakari Masao as Hirose Sohei

* Iijima Naoko as Nonomura Saeko

• 3 weeks later...
Guest colormuffin

uwah!! this is one of my most anticipated spring dramas! this and proposal daisakusen. i can't wait for it, especially because it stars Ueno Juri, whom i can't wait to see on screen again. But, does anyone know if there were any CMs or news about this anywhere on the web?

Guest lilgzl

whooaaaa a new drama for Ueno!! I love her since Nodame!!!

Interesting plot too, I'm looking forward to this!

Yes, this one, Daisakusen Proposal and Bambino!

So many nice things to watch!!!!

Guest Solly

ueno <33333 loved her in nodame!

definitely an interesting plot... O_O!

his wife's mother was his former lover...

gah! O_O!!!!! can't wait to watch it! [x

Guest Maia-chan

Yuji Oda gets paired with a young girl yet again after Last Christmas. I like Juri Ueno but I wished they cast some other actor as the male lead.

Joudan Janai CM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omkZUbRA8n8

Joudan Janai official site: http://www.tbs.co.jp/jo-dan2007/

Because Yuji Oda is kinda like Takuya Kimura, he's a rating magnet. Most of his dramas got over 20% in ratings, and I think this drama will pawn all other dramas (including Proposal Daisakusen) in terms of ratings, if the track records are counted.

Guest jade_frost

Because Yuji Oda is kinda like Takuya Kimura, he's a rating magnet. Most of his dramas got over 20% in ratings, and I think this drama will pawn all other dramas (including Proposal Daisakusen) in terms of ratings, if the track records are counted.

Oda Yuji isn't as popular as in the 90s though. I don't really think Jodan Ja Nai will pull in ratings above 20% but it is one of the top five anticipated dramas of the spring season. Drama starts this week!

Additional synopsis:

Keita (Oda Yuji) not only discovers that his wife's mother, Rie (Otake Shinobu), was his former lover, furthermore, she thrusts herself into the lives of the newly weds by coming to live together with them. This tragedy is compounded on the work front when in an about-turn from his present position, Keita finds out that his new workplace is full of women.

Guest Maia-chan

Oda Yuji isn't as popular as in the 90s though. I don't really think Jodan Ja Nai will pull in ratings above 20% but it is one of the top five anticipated dramas of the spring season. Drama starts this week!

Additional synopsis:

Keita (Oda Yuji) not only discovers that his wife's mother, Rie (Otake Shinobu), was his former lover, furthermore, she thrusts herself into the lives of the newly weds by coming to live together with them. This tragedy is compounded on the work front when in an about-turn from his present position, Keita finds out that his new workplace is full of women.

Yeah maybe, but his last one was Last Christmas in 2004 and that one even managed 20%...

Let's just wait and see what will happen next week.

Guest HollyBeth

I too am looking forward to seeing this, but I do hope that there is a good place to watch it at.. I mean, dailymotion or veoh.. Please someone please upload this to dailymotion or veoh.. It's a great plot and I hope that it's funny too. I mean a man finding out that his wife's mother was his ex.. That's got to have potential..

I hope that some group is doing the subs to.. Anybody know who's doing them??

Guest jade_frost

Yeah maybe, but his last one was Last Christmas in 2004 and that one even managed 20%...

Let's just wait and see what will happen next week.

Probably also because there was Yada Akiko. She's one of the popular young actresses although her star has fallen with her marriage to bad boy Manabu Oshio. Some tabloids also suggest that this has also caused tv stations to pass her over for drama roles.

Juri's character Eren is supposed to have been born and raised in France. I wonder whether we'll hear her utter any French. There'll definitely be Chinese subs but I haven't read of anyone doing the English subs yet.

Guest colormuffin

I too am looking forward to seeing this, but I do hope that there is a good place to watch it at.. I mean, dailymotion or veoh.. Please someone please upload this to dailymotion or veoh.. It's a great plot and I hope that it's funny too. I mean a man finding out that his wife's mother was his ex.. That's got to have potential..

I hope that some group is doing the subs to.. Anybody know who's doing them??

actually there is a group that is planning to sub it. the same group who did nodame! S-PROJECTS. W00T! go them.(=

i hope the drama does well

Guest jade_frost

Character profiles:

Keita (Oda Yuji) works as a senior engineer with the Mechanical Design Group at Pacific Electric's Strategic Digital Goods Development Centre. Because he is an experienced engineer who won a robot contest during his student days, Keita has great pride in his work and is inflexible in certain areas. He also displays an outgoing side, gets serious quickly, cannot drink alcohol, likes combat sports (probably wrestling). He's a honest Japanese man who has been single up till the age of 40, but then he meets Eren at one of the matches, develops feelings for her and then marries her.

Eren (Ueno Juri) is a student at Toyo Gakuen University. Born and raised in France, her perspective of romance and life is like that of a French. She is pretty and has a headstrong, romantic personality. Is her mother to thank for her free-spirited character?

Rie (Otake Shinobu) dated Keita 20 years ago when she attended a university near his. However, due to a difference in views, Rie heads to France. She goes to Paris to study to become a pianist and meets and marries Hirose. Rie now has four children and is living happily in France but meets Keita once again. She likes doing things according to her own whim and pushes people around but has little awareness of what she has done.

Guest alcyone

downloading ep.1 yesterday i downloaded the navigation for this drama...looks pretty funny, but Juri's character is quite similar to Nodame

Guest bshater1

does anyone know who might be subbing this series? it's a shame that S-Projects had to drop this series due to some copyright laws in Japan. :(

Guest jade_frost

It's 19.4%, isn't it? The highest so far! :)

Oops yeah 19.4%. Saw the numbers wrongly.

Copyrights? It hasn't deterred groups from working on other dramas showing this season though...guess the wait will just be longer but I don't think anyone will pass up on subbing a Ueno Juri & Oda Yuji work, especially if the ratings continue to maintain at this level.

Guest bshater1

Oops yeah 19.4%. Saw the numbers wrongly.

Copyrights? It hasn't deterred groups from working on other dramas showing this season though...guess the wait will just be longer but I don't think anyone will pass up on subbing a Ueno Juri & Oda Yuji work, especially if the ratings continue to maintain at this level.

the copyright laws are only applicable to those who live in Japan, like Siant (sp?). so those living outside of Japan can do whatever they want to the dramas.

Archived