Anime North '07

la folie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest epic_darkness

I went it was pretty fun, I brought my three friends with me, and two of them are really into anime so it was a lot of screaming and running around all day on Saturday. I am really into bleach at the moment so I was happy with all the cosplay of that. I only took 8 photos but my friend took a 100+ so I'll just get some from her. I think I'm going to go to the CNAnime in August, that looks way bigger than Anime North.

Guest azn_dark_angel

CNAnime isn't bigger than anime north, it's just cne brings a big crowd, but not as many people cosplaying, cause they have to walk around cne dressed like that, people think they are part of a themepark...lol...but cnanime is cheaper to get in and you might find more interesting stuff because cne brings people from all over the world, it's more internationally recognized.

Guest DOVAHKIIN

CNAnime isn't bigger than anime north, it's just cne brings a big crowd, but not as many people cosplaying, cause they have to walk around cne dressed like that, people think they are part of a themepark...lol...but cnanime is cheaper to get in and you might find more interesting stuff because cne brings people from all over the world, it's more internationally recognized.

actually don't you gotta pay for a badge to get into the building then pay again to get into CNAnime itself?

That's what I was thinking, Anime North is bigger than CNAnime...

Guest epic_darkness

Oh, I didn't know that CNAnime was smaller, the flyer just made me think that it was bigger, but as anyone ever gone, and if so how was it?

Guest Swtess

CNAnime is more expensive...I think. I remember tickets were 45 lastyear.

I didn't go to Anime North so I don't know.

Only thing I found good about CN is that you can buy manga at a much cheaper price compared to AN.

But AN is aLOT more fun. More people cosplay and the better ones usually goes to AN.

The only thing I enjoyed best about CN is that the masquerade was in the John Basset theatre or w.e

But lastyear it was in a crummy place. I hated it.

I saw pics from the con this year and OMG the Three Kingdoms group. <3

I saw clips of the masq. as well. Wished I was there to film that.

Prettiest act ever.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AzNdAyDrEaMeR

OMG!! T_T im bursting into tears!!! :tears:

I didn't sign up and check soompi til yesterday and you guys had an AnimeNorth '07 thread meetup thingy

i cant believe this!!!

im sooo stooopid :tears:

I came all the way from California USA for it because i just got off school and visitting family T_T

if anybody remembers me, I was the Light Yagami during the skit contest called Dance Dance Note where the music couldn't work.

i did a couple random stuff while on stage but im so sad i didnt find out about this thread sooner T_T

Guest lainey

Hey I was there, I was selling cosplay stuff in the artist alley.

I didn't enter the masquerade as I was judging this year.

I'll definitely be hitting Otakon's masquerade though.

I might come back for CNanime since Canadians are waiting for another cool skit from me lool

IMG_3856.jpg

^did anyone see me????????

-----------

Fan Expo is by far larger than AN. Mind you..it's now called "Fan Expo." It has like 5 "expos" happening at the same time. So Fan Expo has like 40 000+ attendance rate, but the anime section is much much smaller than Anime North.

Guest lainey

Anime North is the 2nd largest anime con in NOorth America

source: friend. anime freak

i just saw that, and that is incorrect.

1. Anime Expo

2. Otakon

3. A Kon

4. Anime North

5. Anime Central

I think Anime North is #3 now though.

Archived