Anime North '07

la folie

Guest Swtess

Honestly I only half enjoyed it lastyear since I found the only thing to do there is line up for events and then lining up again for another events. The masquerade lineup really ticked me off though. Stupid girl getting lost or w.e

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest azero

Honestly I only half enjoyed it lastyear since I found the only thing to do there is line up for events and then lining up again for another events. The masquerade lineup really ticked me off though. Stupid girl getting lost or w.e

yeah i remember that lol..

im going again this year though. hopefully it'll be fun.

Guest Swtess

^ LOL I think its fun cosplaying and everything. Yeah for the CNAnime one lastyear I dragged my bf there... he didn't like it one bit. I think I might go, but I really want to cosplay as well.

Guest gillie

i went last year and i'm going again this year..so excited!!

i didn't cosplay last year though since it was my first year..but this year..i'll be cosplay as tohru from fruits basket ^^

lol....that is if i finish my costume on time XD school work has been crazy..n exams r coming up in 2 weeks =S!

Guest Steph1430262970

i'm sort of new to this kind of stufff >__< but like do people just cosplay and come to the event?

or if you cosplay do you like have to participate in a contest o_o?

aaanddd, by performances what do you guys mean? o_o

hehe thanks <3

Guest Swtess

^ eh? who's zz?

@tokidokimiki

you don't have to be part of any performance or anything. Just dress and show up. Also get ready to have people ask to take pics of you. It's real fun cosplaying cause you actually feel like you're more part of the whole thing. Some people who cosplay likes to go up to the masquerade and perform skits(?) or just to show off their costumes. I'm pretty sure AN has a performance for people who wants to do long skits and the masquerade is something shorter.

'sigh' I'm still only on 50% going or not since I'm still fresh out of cash

Guest Steph1430262970

^ eh? who's zz?

@tokidokimiki

you don't have to be part of any performance or anything. Just dress and show up. Also get ready to have people ask to take pics of you. It's real fun cosplaying cause you actually feel like you're more part of the whole thing. Some people who cosplay likes to go up to the masquerade and perform skits(?) or just to show off their costumes. I'm pretty sure AN has a performance for people who wants to do long skits and the masquerade is something shorter.

oohhhhh okiee i understand now ^__^

do the skits have to be done in english?

or can they be done in other languages like japanese or something?

Guest strawberrynkiwi

HAHA AN. I went like 4yrs ago when they still had it in the old hotel place. Then I stopped and I went last year, because I got free tickets. If I have extra money I will go this year. I don't cosplay. I just check out the fan art and dealers room. I spend most of my time trying not to get stuck in into buying something I don't need. Experience from gr9 when I bought like 400bucks of useless crap (such as wallscrolls, posters, dolls) They are all dusting in my basement right now.

^ eh? who's zz?

@tokidokimiki

Here's some information about ZZ

http://www.animenorth.com/guest_zz.php

Guest Swtess

Nope, skits don't have to be in english. I remembered a group always does it in japanese but I think there was a rule that the audience has to understand it or somthing? Not really sure

Guest Honey_Babee

HAHA AN. I went like 4yrs ago when they still had it in the old hotel place. Then I stopped and I went last year, because I got free tickets. If I have extra money I will go this year. I don't cosplay. I just check out the fan art and dealers room. I spend most of my time trying not to get stuck in into buying something I don't need. Experience from gr9 when I bought like 400bucks of useless crap (such as wallscrolls, posters, dolls) They are all dusting in my basement right now.

hahaha

yeah i dun cosplay, i would if they got nice and sexy customes somewhere. lol

but yeah i just wanna go for shopping. i heard they got nice anime stuff<33

Guest neneko

ZZ is a jpop group.. coming to perform~~ haha =)

last yr they had ANGELA ..it was alriteE~~ ^^

anways...for the jrock concert.. its spiders kiss or something performing and i heard that they are pretty good =DD

^ and yess lots of anime and nice stufff~~ haha

tho theere will be a lot of ppl..and lots of travelling back and forth from the convention centre to the hotel~~~ hahaha

hope it wont bee too hot or sunny on those daysss O_oa

btw..lets do a soompi meet up~~

anybody interested?? ahhaha

Guest pyunghwa

I don't live in Toronto, but will be during the end of may down on St George and Bloor. I was wodering if someone here could tell me how you could get to anime north from st george and bloor taking the subway and the bus. Thanks.

Guest Rekidai

yeahh im going third year going? 8) i couldn't get a table to sell my artwork but next year for sure im getting one. Im hoping to cosplay gothic lolita ;____; but my friends are busy to help me does anyone know how to make one? i don't want to end up buying a costume.

Guest Swtess

pyunghwa, there's direction at the official site or else check the forum there. I forgot but I remembered something along the line of taking the spadina side. lol

Archived