Anime North '07

la folie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest res0nate

omg, loliconnnnnnnn.

I've been out of the anime scene for quite some time, but are they holding it at the same place?

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Anyone who's going and plays Yu-Gi-Oh, feel free to play me for keeps... joking :P

If I do go, I'll definitely going to check out the Gundam stuff.

And turn around and say "Look there's a Kakashi cosplayer... and another one... and another one..."

Guest res0nate

Don't worry Will, they had a mini anime gathering at Pacific a few weeks ago.

Naruto and some girl dressed up as Yuna.

Guest lainey

Cosplaying and selling cosplay stuff in the artist alley...see you there :)

There should be some sign at my booth saying "Goddess Boutique cosplay shop" ^_^

my cosplay site btw is http://d2r.org if you've seen me around!

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Anime North is proud to be one of the many fund raisers for the international Hospital for Sick Children Foundation-that is based in Toronto, ON. Our many activities for "Sick Kid's" as it affectionately known as, has raised almost

$70,000 in the previous years.

The Hospital for Sick Children is a healthcare, teaching and research centre that is dedicated exclusively to children and is one of the largest international pediatric health science centres in the world. If you would like more information about Sick Kid's, please click here.

Each year we have many charity focused events to include the Charity Auction, the Charity Pinata bashing and many more!

If you would like to know more about the Sick Kid's Foundation - please click here.

Please remember that every bit helps and wear your "bear" proudly!

We are always welcome to contributions for our Charity Auction. If you are considering making a donation, please contact charity@animenorth.com

Anime North 2007 runs over May 25-27, 2007. Convention hours are:

Friday, May 25, 2007 6 PM to 2 AM

Saturday, May 26, 2007 10 AM to 2 AM

Sunday, May 27, 2007 10 AM to 6 PM

On Friday, the Dealers' Room will open early, at 5 PM.

Anime North 2007 will be held on the weekend of May 25-27 (Memorial Day weekend) at the Toronto Congress Center, 650 Dixon Road, and at the Doubletree International Plaza Hotel, 655 Dixon Rd. (directly across the street). Additional events will be held at the Renaissance Toronto Airport Hotel (801 Dixon Road, west of the Doubletree across the highway bridge). Daily parking is free at the Toronto Congress Center.

Guest rooms at convention rates will be available at the Doubletree and Renaissance, as well as at the nearby Park Plaza, Radisson Suites, Holiday Inn, and Marriott hotels. A shuttle bus will be running a circuit between the TCC, Doubletree, and Renaissance Hotel at half-hour intervals during peak convention times.

More location info + hotel information: http://www.animenorth.com/location.php

tccmap.jpg

REGISTRATION INFO: http://www.animenorth.com/registration.php

Guest babyxsophie

Ouu! I so wanna go! If I miss this one..then there's going to be one at the CNE right? But thats in the summer :(

Guest DOVAHKIIN

It's still unannounced for which Japanese guest will be coming.

Ironically, there's also Anime Con Toronto this weekend at the MTCC, which is free. Anyone going to that?

Guest lainey

btw if you guys go...go to the Moonlight ball! I'll be wearing a hanbok for that event!

Details here:

http://animenorth.com/moonlight_m.php

^It's one of the events I'm part of organizing..so go :)

Over 50% of the tickets have already been sold, out of 500.

------------------------------

btw...this was my skit at anime north last year:

Anyone remember me?? lol

Guest neneko

ahh..ccant go this weekend...=T

i gotta do my essay thats due on tuesday >___< and i HAVENT started yet..aiishh -__-;;

anways we should do a soompi meetup or something =) haha

that will be pretty cool since we never really had a toronto meetup =\

Guest miranduh

lol i heard for AN '07 the guy who was the asian black power ranger and the voice of ichigo from bleach + other jobs is the guest. lol

John? something. lol :P

A meetup would be cool! =]

also i was wondering about how much money people are bringing? I found it a little weird that one of my schoolmates was laughed at because he went all the way but only brought $20 for last year.

Guest neneko

umm..$20 wont buy u alot of things ^^;;;

maybe bring like couple of hundred dollars?? LOl

last yr..i spend like $100+ not including the tickets~~

Guest Swtess

Last year I saved a lot like around 400, but then I didn't spend much and I also lost a hundred... -_-

I cosplayed for the first time last year but I don't know if I'm gonna go this year. Plus if anything, I'll probably recycle my costume and wear it again this year as well.

Guest Deathly Sweet

I've been going since 2003, but I won't be going this year >_> My interest in anime is slowly dying T_T Cosplaying is such an expensive hobby, as is collecting anime and manga lol. It's been sucking too much money out of me @_@

Plus, I've noticed AN gets worse and worse every year. They change their policies to the point where it's become stupid. I guess it's for safety and stuff but it's really not as fun as it was three years ago. Their special guests are not that great either...

However, the tickets are cheaper than Anime Expo's, so it's not that bad. They always hold it the weekend after Victoria weekend though, so I always end up skipping class to sign in at the hotel on Friday =_=

Guest chasiu-bao

Ooooh! I'm going.... for the sake of selling plushies! come visit me! xD<3

Oh...btw...anyone looking for a place to stay? me and my friend booked a quad room from doubletree...but we're missing 2 more...cuz the ppl backed out >__> anyone interested? PM me

Thanks <3

Archived