[MANHWA] The Bride Of The Water God

Guest jadu

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Really! Yes! Gonna go read it!

edit:

Habaek should get over Nak Bin. I think he's going to cling onto her for a while in the manhwa...

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

just wondering, i've just started reading the manhwa

are the characters supposed to be set in fantasy china?

i was wondering because the costume design and architectural design are all chinese?

the part about

soah falling into the pond and being saved by the water god

reminded me some anime... cant quite put my finger on it...

^ The setting is Korean. I think the manhwa is based on a Korean myth.

Oh yeah, when So Ah falls into the pond, it reminds me of Spirited Away, when Chihiro fell into the river.... :D

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

Oh yeah, when So Ah falls into the pond, it reminds me of Spirited Away, when Chihiro fell into the river.... :D

really are you sure?

the costume design doesnt look anything like a hanbok.

and clothing style, the accessories, even the decoration on the buildings look chinese.

at first i assumed it was in korea but ahh i got so confused!

is it spirited away? i knew it was that but i wasnt too sure haha even tho ive seen spirited away about 100 times.

Guest komaki

I love this manhwa!!!!!!!! Lucky for me I found raw scans of volume 2. I also love her other works. Check out her one-shot called A Cat That Loved a Fish scanned by megkf and Rail Road…its raw though…Her drawing is so beautiful...XD

In Korea volume 3 was recently released...

habaek3_s.jpg

Guest babossagaji

wow..only 3 volumes have been released so far? can someone please gimme a link to the RAWs..I really want to try to read ahead

really are you sure?

and clothing style, the accessories, even the decoration on the buildings look chinese.

is it spirited away? i knew it was that but i wasnt too sure haha even tho ive seen spirited away about 100 times.

It's quite confusing, but since it's a Korean manga, let's just assume it's a Korean setting. ;)

Guest grail

wow !! the art is absolutely beautiful :blush: and the story plot is really interesting too !! thanks so much for recommending it !!

Guest komaki

I just wanted to share a preview from Wink's bi-weekly magazine for this month on Bride of the Water God...chapter 25...I think...

03.jpg03-1.jpg

really are you sure?

^ the hanbok people are most familiar with is probably the chosun style. probably that's why. and because of geographical closeness to china, it wouldn't be surprising to see chinese influence in dress. perhaps this author chose to incorporate more of these elements (i'm just saying this based on few of the pictures seen). so i guess it is based on shimchong (based on another post).

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

^ the hanbok people are most familiar with is probably the chosun style. probably that's why. and because of geographical closeness to china, it wouldn't be surprising to see chinese influence in dress. perhaps this author chose to incorporate more of these elements (i'm just saying this based on few of the pictures seen). so i guess it is based on shimchong (based on another post).

oh yea thats probably it.

i assumed it was set in korea first off too

but the clothing and setting confused me haha

i'm not too familiar with different periods of traditional korean clothing.

but that theory seems to make the most sense!

there was a period of time where traditional chinese clothing looked like japanese clothing... because that was the time period where japan came over to china.

Guest merri.

i love this manwha. my friend introduce it to me. i believe it's base on a chinese tale, i remember reading it somewhere. i love the beautiful drawings, one of the best i've read so far..does anyone know any manga/manhwa similar to this one they would recommend me to read as well..

CAN ANYONE PM ME THE RAWS PRETTY PLEASE.

Guest A-NAna

omg i luv this manhwa. habaek is hawt

whaha yeah during night time!!

But as a kiddo he's a cutie XD

I really want to read ch.12 T___T

But this is a really recent manga, isnt it? I want to buy it!!! :blush:

Guest .:daRkwinGs:.

ahaha i was about to say the same thing.

but i wonder if Soah ig going to fall for habaek and the first guy she saw when she first arrive. I have a feeling since the strings that was mention.

Archived