[movie 2008] G. P. 506

jackieusa

Guest buddhjie14

einjhel, are you also from Philippines? if you are, please tell me if you already bought a copy of the movie(dvd), and where'd you bought it.! thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest buddhjie14

Happy 29th Birthday Jo Hyun Jae hyungnim!

You were really awesome in this movie.

It's as if like I'm seeing you right now in your military uniform when I'm watching this.

I really wish you'll be back soon.

I hope you're doing great in your military service!

Happy Birthday and be well always!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest mandalaywith

GP506 试映会 Seoul Coex Megabox Cinema(08.3.25) 赵显宰 圖片

Movie GP506 Media Preview in Seoul Coex Megabox Cinema(08.3.25)

credit-Reporter blog,mandalaywith@ CARPEDIEM,ING

This pics is I'm source from korean Reporter blog.

so pics in Media logo is not have.

I will more update to another pics.

Reporter blog in i found to media logo is not have pics.

GP506 언론 시사회 기사에 나와는 언론사 로고(logo) 없는 사진들 입니다.

기자들 이용하는 사진 자료실에 가져왓삼~

검색질하다가 기자 사진 자료실 발견 했어요.

2008032516541790497_1.jpg

2008032516541790497_2.jpg

2008032517103611204_1.jpg

2008032517103611204_2.jpg

**** 可以转贴。请说明出处********

***Pics,Info if you post another site,please write to clearly credit.***

Guest mandalaywith

Jo Hyun Jae Movie GP506 Media Preview in Seoul Coex Megabox Cinema(08.3.25)

credit-Reporter blog,mandalaywith@ CARPEDIEM,ING

2008032517161321895_1.jpg

2008032517161321895_2.jpg

2008032517175824115_1.jpg

2008032517175824115_2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mandalaywith

Korea Times报纸 赵显宰 电影 GP506 OCN在 播映 新闻

Korea Times News-Jo Hyun Jae Movie GP506 show on OCN TV

Info Credit by- mandalaywith @ CARPEDIEM http://cafe.daum.net/hyunjaelove

**** 可以转贴。请说明出处********

***Pics,Info if you post another site,please write to clearly credit.***

krtimegp.jpg

Guest mandalaywith

Koreatimes에 나와는 GP506 방영 원본 기사

Koreatimes GP506 original news pics

krtimegp2.jpg

GP506 Jo Hyun Jae Poster

F6215-05.jpg

F6215-08.jpg

F6215-13.jpg

credit-CARPEDIEM Fancafe

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mandalaywith

Info,Credit -mandalaywith @ Carpediem ( http://cafe.daum.net/hyunjaelove )

***Info if you post another site.please write to clearly credit****

我们 显宰主演的 电影GP506 韩国电影电视 OCN 在 将再次 播映.

OCN在 GP506 播映 日子&时间

11月25日 韩国时间 00:30Am

Korea Movie channel OCN Tv in our Hyun Jae movie GP506 show again

OCN Tv GP506 Show Day&Time

2009 November 25 korea Time-00:30AM

ocn3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dorkychick

Finally, got the chance to watch this movie over at www.veoh.com. JHJ is really good here. He was dirty most of the time but that didn't mar his good looks at all. His acting is intense, and the way he acted made me believe that he was who he said he was. I know that some critics didn't like how the flashbacks were done, but I find that the flashback was used wisely. It added to the suspense and it made me pay more attention to the movie. I just didn't like that they killed JHJ's character like a cornered animal. The story would have been better if his character was the only character left alive after the explosion. Imagine the havoc/damage he would create in another guard post!!!!

• 2 months later...

"G.P.506″ premiered around this time in 2008. To celebrate its two-year anniversary, we have translated a magazine article on the movie and Jo Hyun-Jae and his co-star Lee Young-Hun. The answers are JHJ's.

MW5.jpg

MW10.jpg

Interview in "Movieweek" (Korean version: March 2008)

This interview is about a film "G.P.506″ that depicts mysterious incidents that happen in a guard post on the defence frontline in the demilitarized zone. Director Kong Soo-Chang, whose last work was "R Point", decided to cast two young actors, Jo Hyun-Jae and Lee Young-Hun. The film took a long time to finish and they both felt exhausted, but this was an invaluable experience for them. The film will be shown in March 2008. This interview takes place right before the premiere.

Both actors are a little tense. This is a chance of a lifetime. For Jo Hyun-Jae, this is the first time he stars in a movie. For Lee Young-Hun, this is his first commercial film. How do they project a sense of strong masculinity?

Q. How did you feel when you first received the script?

A. Such a script is almost impossible to come across in Korea; its so unusual. I've seen other works by Director Kong, and basically I like horror movies. I've always wanted to take part in a military movie that has an all-male cast, so I am very happy to accept the role.

Q. I feel in the roles in the script and the method of acting, the director's demand is different from other directors. How did you meet his demand? Take the case of Jo Hyun-Jae, your role looks like a very difficult one.

A. I think I acted according to the directors instructions, so there was no need to use any other acting method. In the past I tried to portray the character and did not specifically or deliberately "act".

movieweek5.jpg

In "G.P.506″ Jo Hyun-Jae portrays the pivotal character 1st Lieutenant Yoo who remains silent after the mysterious incidents take place. Lee Young-Hun plays Corporal Kang, an important character who knows the ins and outs of what happened. Looks like Jo and Lee have become close during filming.

Q. A question often asked What is the most difficult thing during filming?

A. 1st Lieutenant Yoo is someone who has an important function. In order to be in character, I did not speak much during filming, which made me feel lonely.

Q. Is it because youve become too much in character?

A. Yes, there is the danger. That's why as soon as the film was finished, I tried to forget. I also started to read other scripts.

Q. When you parted from your girlfriend, you also tried to find other girls to forget about the past?

A. (Slight hesitation) Well, yes.

MW3.jpg

Q. So now you deliberately choose to do a drama full of sunshine? [Reference is to "3 Dads/1 Mom"]

A. Since I've just made a dark movie, I'd like to have a little sunshine.

Q. It's not easy to switch from gloomy to jolly emotions?

A. That's why everyday now I go drinking and having fun with my friends - to try to steer my emotions to the bright side.

Q. Looks like you are very quiet by temperament?

A. Yes. I don't know how to make fun of others. I'm very shy and reserved in front of strangers. But it will be different once we get to know one another. It's very easy to get along with Lee Young-Hun - he's very casual and nice.

Q. As a Korean star, do you have any plans to go overseas to develop your career?

A. Up to now only my dramas are released abroad. But if there are chances of cooperation with other Asian countries, I would be glad to participate.

movieweek2-221x300.jpgMW1-209x300.jpg

Korean society is rooted in military culture - this is not an exaggeration. The mandatory conscription system disseminates military culture to all levels of society. There is no doubt that movies about our [Korean] military is widely accepted.

Q. Jo Hyun-Jae, how does someone like you who have not had military experience play your character?

A. As a matter of fact..a killer role does not require someone to have experience of killing. But..as an actor all I need to do is act. To understand the role of 1st Lieutenant Yoo I have done a lot of research. Good thing a film allows me enough time to do preparatory work. If it had been a TV drama, there would not have been so much time to prepare - the script arrives very late, and sometimes the beginning and end go in different directions. I can certainly say that a film's emphasis on details is brilliant.

Q. Jo Hyun-Jae, you've said you wanted to do something on the military. Has your objective been met?

A. Of course. This is dynamic. The strange thing is: once I wear the military uniform, I feel I'm a real soldier. One time on set, I put down some food just for a moment, and it disappeared. I guess military life is also like this.

Movieweek.jpg

Q. Real guns are used in this movie?

A. The guns are imported from overseas and then modified, so they are somewhat different from real ones.

Q. Which is your favourite scene in G.P.506″?

A. In the latter part of the movie, the scene in which Cheon Ho-Jin points a gun at me at close range. Also that mass gunfight near the end - very realistic..

Q. What about the special make-up and props?

A. This movie's special make-up is classified into 4 stages. Luckily I only require stage 3 special makeup, but even this is not easy. Makeup takes up a lot of the time.

MW6-201x300.jpgMW7-201x300.jpg

Q. Jo Hyun-Jae, your image is that of a gentle, refined man. This time you appear in a film with an all-male cast and no actress.

A. As a matter of fact, I've built up a macho image. I discussed in detail with the director, and the cool and solid image starts to form with the passage of time [in the movie]. The more masculine, the easier it is to express a man's emotions. When filming actually began, I could portray a strong soldier with ease.

Q. This is really a very unusual movie that fills one with anticipation.

A. Yes, this movie is in a class of its own. It took 1 1/2 years from preparation to completion. Whether the movie is successful or not, I leave it to viewers to decide. I feel grateful to have had the opportunity to take part in this movie.

MW8-200x300.jpgMW9-200x300.jpg

The world is a stage. As an actor, the greatest joy is to perfectly portray another individual. What impression he leaves in the world is also an actors concern.

Q. How did you get on with Cheon Ho-Jin?

A. When I was 21, we already cooperated in a weekend drama. At that time I was scared to death. After taking part in a drama with my seniors, though, I became very interested in the performance arts. As long as my seniors are present, I feel endless energy.

Q. Do you have a role model?

A. No one in particular. I respect anyone who has his/her own special style.

Q. This interview has come to a close. Please tell us what kind of an actor you want to be.

A. I'd like to be an actor that people can trust, an actor that makes people forget "who I am", someone who can act brilliantly. To be mentioned in this respect is something to be happiest about.

(THE END)

Credits:

photos by Param of CarpeDiemJAPAN

Translation based on Chinese translation in www.johyunjae.hk.

Edited by wulijohyunjae

• 1 month later...

Countdown to D(ischarge)-day banners created by Ahiru of CarpeDiem Japan. Since this is her GP506 series, I thought it would be appropriate to post them in this thread.

CD56-ahiru.jpg

CD57-ahiru.jpg

CD58-ahiru.jpg

CD59-ahiru.jpg

credit: Ahiru of CarpeDiemJapan and wulijohyunjae. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived