[Japanese Drama] Hana Yori Dango

Guest resha

Guest sweet_treats1812

i didnt realize how less the pages of this thread has as compared to season 2's thread :lol: i miss this though~ while waiting for episode 7 of season 2, i rewatched this drama and found that it moved at a much better pace than season 2 is moving now..this season had more of the fun stuff too..that doesn't mean season 2 is any less good though. both seasons have been amazing so far ^^

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lilangelover

hi guys. could someone be nice enough to upload the opening theme song on sendspace please? the previous links died and i can't dl from megaupload. thanks!

i uploading 'Wish' onto sendspace. i'll pm it to you

Guest vic_taebin

ok.... i got to hand it to this drama. Before, i was bias because i thought the taiwan version of meteor garden was way better than hana yori dango because of vic zhou, but i might need to change my opinion. After FINALLY finishing the drama (in the time span of a year!) i was really into the drama. Man... i loved the final episode and the final scene at the airport. There was so much emotion, i cried!!! Domyouji and Makino are the best couple .. and the ppl that played those characters are so awesome!!!

Also, after watching the drama, makes me like matsumoto jun a little bit, but not as much as oguri shun. =)

I loved the drama.

Guest wls2948

Just love the opening song Wish by Arashi. can someone upload onto ss cos mu just doesn't work for me.... love this series....matsumoto jun is so cute...

Guest lilangelover

Just love the opening song Wish by Arashi. can someone upload onto ss cos mu just doesn't work for me.... love this series....matsumoto jun is so cute...

i uploaded Wish onto sendspace and i also uploaded the HYD season 1 OST pm me if you want it. i'll send you the link wls2948

Guest Solly

does anyone know where i can buy the region 1 DVD?

i've searched on yesasia, but they only had region 2

out. gah. i really want to buy the first season T^T

i would appreciate it a lot! thank you~ :DDDDD

domyouji love <333333333333

Guest lilangelover

region? whats that? season 2 isn't out on dvd yet. the season didn't even end yet. its still being aired in japan right now. there are only 2 more eps for season 2. so i'm guessing the one you saw online was probably season 1

Guest Solly

DVD has different regions meaning that the discs

are made for certain countries' DVD player

region 1 is USA, CANADA, and some other country

region 2 is JAPAN, and some other countries

etc. etc. etc.

i know that hana yori dango 2 is airing right now

because i'm watching it haha~ i want to buy season 1

on DVD. [x

Guest allie_cat

just finished watching few minutes ago and i'm still kinda lightheaded... my mother just asked me a question and i really couldn't answer properly because my mind is muddled with hanazawa rui!!! :wub:

i so loved meteor garden so i couldn't help but compare... hana yori dango certainly didn't pale in comparison. meteor garden had more episodes so there were more memorable scenes but hana yori dango also had its fair share, i especially loved the last four episodes.

and hanazawa rui... gosh... my eyes just automatically zoom in on him wherever he is in the scene, whether he be in the foreground or background, i love the way he carries his clothes, i've never really liked white clothes before but gosh how can he make wearing white so darn sexy?!?! the way he strides and poses makes me think he's a model, is he? gaaah... first taiwanese... then korean... and now japanese! good thing my heart is big enough to accommodate them hehehe :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SmiLeeGirl

region? whats that? season 2 isn't out on dvd yet. the season didn't even end yet. its still being aired in japan right now. there are only 2 more eps for season 2. so i'm guessing the one you saw online was probably season 1

Hi Guys,

@ (sorry forgot who asked) The Plot is the same for MG and HYD (since they had the same inspiration) but how the details were handled were different. MG is also much longer so it tends to be more drawn out. If you liked MG you would probally like Japan's contracted version.

@ Smile For Solloy - It is available at coolwin -- it will cost you almost the same amount in shipping from Malaysia. Sub quality will not be as a good as a fansub but are quite acceptable. (I don't actually have HYD2 from them but I have several other series). I actually don't order from them directly but I buy from a store that carries their products.

@ lilangel. Also region 2s from Japan are usually not subbed in english and are usually costly. Unless you are buying a region free player -- the typical American DVD player won't play anything but Region 1 or All. There are however ways to reprogram some DVD players to make them region free if you find a DVD you want but can't get it in a Region 1

I got a $50 name brand player that plays AVI files/softsubs. I also made it Region free in 30 seconds. Check it out

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

Guest L_O_V_E

and hanazawa rui... gosh... my eyes just automatically zoom in on him wherever he is in the scene, whether he be in the foreground or background, i love the way he carries his clothes, i've never really liked white clothes before but gosh how can he make wearing white so darn sexy?!?! the way he strides and poses makes me think he's a model, is he? gaaah... first taiwanese... then korean... and now japanese! good thing my heart is big enough to accommodate them hehehe :lol:

me too!!!!!!! lol

i lovvvvvvve hanazawa rui

just the name makes my heart flutter :wub:

he is the only person that can look sooo good in a white suit!!!

rui <33

Guest keczianthei

omo~ watched this over at crunchyroll.. :lol: i loooooovvvveeeeeddd it!!! :wub: mao(makino) is so cute.. i really like her.. she suits the character she played..

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where i can get the OST of the drama? or at least WISH by Arashi and Planetarium by Otsuka Ai. Many thanx in advance. ^^

I just finished watching this myself, eventhouth i should be revising >.<. I've never watched MG so i can't compare but i don't like F4 nor Barbie so already HYD gets my vote :P

Gonna watch Season 2 after my exams lol :lol:

Guest aikomidori

^ Silentregrets has Planetarium here

I'm currently watching this series (I'm on episode 3) and I love it! I can't wait to watch more and watch the second season B)

I finished watchin this 2day.. Not long ago actually lol!

I really liked it... Both Hana Yori Dango & Meteor Garden were good :D

Im lookin 4 ward 2 watch Hana Yori Dango II.. Im just hopin it'd be better than Metoer Garden II :lol:

In the beginin i didnt like Domyoji but like most of ya's i became 2 really like him kekekek :P

Guest epunx99

IMO i loved this more than MG. i dunno why. maybe because it was a tad shorter than MG so it was straight to the point and i loved the ending more. it wasnt as dramatic as MG. although i missed the character Qing He...

and matsujun played the character domyouji more intense than jerry yan's daomingsi.

i really cant compare mao and da s cos they were both great...

but i really love oguri shun...

Archived