K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

Guest bshater1

For those interested in products from these distributors... :D

One of the popular stockists of DVDs and VCDs from Innoform, Scorpio East, PMP and Multimedia has just set up their website. They sell different versions of same titles, but not everything in their shops is on the website. Just email them and they'll be more than happy to help.

Prices are in Singapore Dollars.

The more expensive ones ($49.90 and above) are usually Innoform and Scorpio East sets. The cheaper ones ($14.90-29.90) are usually from PMP and Multimedia. But just ask them to confirm.

International shipping costs will be calculated when finalising purchases. Again, just email them. :)

You can check them out here - VeeGoo

thanks for this great piece of information melajame.

im sure someone has written praises about Innoform and Scorpio Easts in the older pages of this thread, but may i know if there are consistency with the quality of the boxsets, such as visuals and english subtitles?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest melajame

im sure someone has written praises about Innoform and Scorpio Easts in the older pages of this thread, but may i know if there are consistency with the quality of the boxsets, such as visuals and english subtitles?

Hi bshater1,

You can backlog to pages 32 and 33 to read some of the comments regarding Innoform and Scorpio East. Personally, I'm very happy with my DVDs from both distributors. I find the english subtitles to be consistently good, based on the shows that I own (quite a number). :)

To be fair, I believe someone from the forum was disappointed with the english subtitles for one of the Innoform titles. But I have not seen that particular show or any other with unsatisfactory subtitles, so I can't really comment on that. Perhaps that was an unfortunate case.

Scorpio East produces films/movies so there's no problem with visuals. Clear and sharp pictures from Innoform. Both distributors don't believe in compressing their shows to compromise quality. :D

There won't be Scorpio East and Innoform releases of the same shows as the distributing rights will only be given to either one of the four in Singapore, Blue Max and Poh Kim being the other two.

Guest sl33p1n6b34uty

hey guys! it took me ages to refind this thread but you guys are always so helpful with all my silly questions!

I've recently considered investing in Fashion 70's but I noticed the version they sell on yesasia is like 89.99 so I checked elsewhere like dvdfromkorea and they are selling it for 48.87 (shipping is like 23.30 for airmail).

I was wondering how the audio/video quality of the series is and if the english subs are any good (on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best).

I was also wanting to know if anyone has ever ordered from dvdfromkorea before and if they are reliable and how fast airmail should be and if my dvds will be safe :D

Guest GenDaVinci

dvdfromkorea is my #1 source for Korean drama DVD set. I have ordered from them every month for about 2 years now, and I have never encountered any problem with receiving any of their packages to the US. They send it via REGISTERED airmail that takes about 7-14 days. You'll have to sign for the package instead of the mailman leaving it in front of your door. Also, they have one of the best customer service that I have dealt with just a simple email to them.

Here are some pictures of the Fashion 70's DVD set: It comes in two heavy set that holds about 10 DVDs. It's a very nice set for display.

http://beautifulthingsinlife.blogspot.com/...ashion-70s.html

As for the subtitle quality from this DVD set, it's probably the best one in existence as you can't go wrong.

hey guys! it took me ages to refind this thread but you guys are always so helpful with all my silly questions!

I've recently considered investing in Fashion 70's but I noticed the version they sell on yesasia is like 89.99 so I checked elsewhere like dvdfromkorea and they are selling it for 48.87 (shipping is like 23.30 for airmail).

I was wondering how the audio/video quality of the series is and if the english subs are any good (on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best).

I was also wanting to know if anyone has ever ordered from dvdfromkorea before and if they are reliable and how fast airmail should be and if my dvds will be safe :D

Guest bshater1

i just placed my order from that site Gen. you might have to wait a couple of days before sites such as DVDAsian have them in stock.

Guest GenDaVinci

Thanks. I didn't know you can order it from there. Please share some pics when you get them. I hope it's a digipak.

i just placed my order from that site Gen. you might have to wait a couple of days before sites such as DVDAsian have them in stock.

Guest bshater1

Thanks. I didn't know you can order it from there. Please share some pics when you get them. I hope it's a digipak.

will do.

Guest sl33p1n6b34uty

thanks Gen! another question is: is it okay if i call them if i dont speak korean? i mean if the customer service is good...but you understand it its sorta pointless haha

Guest GenDaVinci

I have never spoken to them on the phone, but you can try. I find the email communication to be more effective and easier. :)

GW Yoon at dvdfromkorea is the one who has been very helpful with my questions.

thanks Gen! another question is: is it okay if i call them if i dont speak korean? i mean if the customer service is good...but you understand it its sorta pointless haha

Guest kdramafanusa

[2008.06.13] My New Partner: SE (2disc/dts) - US$26.99

Ahn Sung-Ki, Jo Han-Sun

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail.asp?idx=6681

[2008.06.20] Do re mi pa sol ra si do: Special Edition (2disc / dts) - US$26.99

Jang Geun-Suk, Cha Ye-Ryun

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail.asp?idx=6683

[2008.06.25] The Guard Post: GP 506 - Special Edition - US$24.99

Chun Ho-Jin, Jo Hyun-Jae

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail.asp?idx=6684

[2008.06.25] Hong Gil Dong (English sub K-TV Series) - US$89.99

Kang Ji-Hwan, Sung Yoo-Ri

http://www.dvdfromkorea.com/shop/p_detail.asp?idx=6685

Guest shred

there were minor typos in Fashion 70s but overall, the subs were tolerable :) as for dvdfromkorea - they ship pretty fast and yes your dvds will be safe - the dvds are wrapped nicely :)

great news everyone, MBC has just released Soulmate with english subtitles. heres the link to the dvd page:

http://www.mbc24tv.com/shopping/productdetail.asp?pid=43

omg!!!! thank you so much bshater1!

edit /// anyone ever shopped from http://sensasian.com?

Guest dheig

hey guys.. new here.. just wondering how much is the shipping and handling if you order at dvdfromkorea????

also do you guys know where i can buy Lovers in Paris.. looking at the dvdfromkorea but it's SOLD OUT!!! I really want one and I want the one with the nice boxset and all... trying to build my K drama collection..

also Snow Queen as well... Are there any good deals out there... I know ebay has the BEST deals every now and then..

thanks

Deej

Guest shred

hey guys.. new here.. just wondering how much is the shipping and handling if you order at dvdfromkorea????

also do you guys know where i can buy Lovers in Paris.. looking at the dvdfromkorea but it's SOLD OUT!!! I really want one and I want the one with the nice boxset and all... trying to build my K drama collection..

also Snow Queen as well... Are there any good deals out there... I know ebay has the BEST deals every now and then..

thanks

Deej

i think the cheapest in dvdfromkorea is at least $20 (for registered airmail).

hanbooks has Lovers in Paris

http://www.hanbooks.com/loinpasbstvs.html

for Snow Queen - it depends on what version do you want. the korean (more expensive, nicer and it's in Region 3) or the US version by YA which is slightly cheaper.

hope that helps!

Guest mujisan

edit /// anyone ever shopped from http://sensasian.com?

I did once and I found communication very frustrating, shipping was extremely slow. The product itself was fine. I can't remember what I bought from them so it has been awhile. They might have improved since then.

Archived