K-dramas On Dvds - Oh For The Love Of Boxsets!

Guest shred

Guest bshater1

^ are you serious bshater1?

that really sucks then. i wonder what's the point of them repackaging these DVDs? :unsure:

you would think us customers would get some sort of upgrade from the previous pack, but no, instead they made it worse. if the price drop was a factor, then stupid them cuz i sure wouldn't mind paying extra for a better package.

but considering the types of package YA puts out (white tower has the worst packaging ever!), im somewhat grateful that they didn't stuff all the disks into a hardcase. :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kdramafanusa

bshater1 - do you mind posting pics of the new resurrection boxset? i'm curious to what it looks like. i own the first Director's Cut boxset and i had it for sale back then - but no one was buying it, aish

sorry for asking questions about movies (instead of drama boxsets) but does anybody know where else can i find A Moment to Remember Director's Cut?

It's definitely out of print. I only saw the used copy of A Moment to Remember Director's Cut on ebay, it goes for ~USD60 (before shipping).

Resurrection is soo popular, I think there's a demand for the Director's Cut (especially the older version).

you would think us customers would get some sort of upgrade from the previous pack, but no, instead they made it worse. if the price drop was a factor, then stupid them cuz i sure wouldn't mind paying extra for a better package.

but considering the types of package YA puts out (white tower has the worst packaging ever!), im somewhat grateful that they didn't stuff all the disks into a hardcase. :sweatingbullets:

For re-releases, I think those who miss out on the initial release would go for them.

Agree with you on White Tower set. I guess YAE figures that KMM is such an amazing actor that those of us who buy the set are in for the acting only. Hehee.

For "Alone In Love", I bought the set from YAE (it's quite nice - digipak). Everytime I see pictures of the Korean version, I would wonder if I made the right choice. It's so rare for Korean versions to have english subs for the special features too.

Guest bshater1

i also got the Alone in Love boxset from YAE, and it looks rather nice. but i still want to get the Korea version of it. it looks great! just need some cash thats all. :D this hobby of mine is rather expensive to maintain.

Guest GenDaVinci

It's nice to see fans who appreciate a nice packaging to their hobby/collection. I'm one of those who loves digipak, disc artwork, extra goodies, etc into the DVD set. I'm willing to pay extra for them of course. I wish YAE produces better packaging than they do with their releases. I was in shock to see Palace in a nice packaging from then, but 95% of their DVD boxsets are utterly plain looking.

A Moment To Remember Director's Cut set is a must-have for all Korean movie fan. I love that movie. Like Kdramafanusa stated, I saw it on eBay from time to time from a seller in Korea for around that price. I don't know of any online store that carry that set besides asiandb/koreapop. I would avoid them if possible. You can put a SEARCH feature on eBay to email you when any type of "Moment To Remember" appears on Ebay, but make sure you have it set to WORLDWIDE. Good luck!

Have you seen the Japanese boxset of A Moment To Remember? It has to be the best looking set for the movie, but unfortunately, it doesn't have English subtitle. It's beautiful for display.

Thanks for the info about Scarecrow everyone.

Guest kdramafanusa

It's nice to see fans who appreciate a nice packaging to their hobby/collection. I'm one of those who loves digipak, disc artwork, extra goodies, etc into the DVD set. I'm willing to pay extra for them of course. I wish YAE produces better packaging than they do with their releases. I was in shock to see Palace in a nice packaging from then, but 95% of their DVD boxsets are utterly plain looking.

Have you seen the Japanese boxset of A Moment To Remember? It has to be the best looking set for the movie, but unfortunately, it doesn't have English subtitle. It's beautiful for display.

I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one who cares about packaging details. Palace Limited Edition is possibly the best looking set from YAE, don't know why they don't use that as a standard (maybe they want to keep their cost/pricing low to stay competitive). The standard edition of Palace is not digipak right?

Japanese version often have the best packaging (the price tag isn't so attractive though), but it's too bad that there aren't english subs for any of them. For OST that's out of print, I have to buy the version that's made for Japanese market (more than twice of the Korean version).

i also got the Alone in Love boxset from YAE, and it looks rather nice. but i still want to get the Korea version of it. it looks great! just need some cash thats all. :D this hobby of mine is rather expensive to maintain.

Besides the packaging, I wonder if their contents are different.

Agree that we have an expensive hobby.

Guest onimgaganda83

I remember receiving the mailers twice so far, but I don't think they've mailed the one for this quarter.

I was just looking on their site again and it says to check back on May 1 for another free DVD offer. :)

~Rachel

Hi Rachel, I'm not sure if KBS America will release FFML or not.

I also signed up for YAE's monthly newsletter (YAE Insider), I still get it via e-mail.

Thanks, kdramafanusa. :) If you ever find out anything, please let me know! I have such an obsession with wanting an official box set of the drama. I loved it that much. I'm also eagerly anticipating the release of Hong Gildong.

~Rachel

Guest eternityluv

Thanks, kdramafanusa. :) If you ever find out anything, please let me know! I have such an obsession with wanting an official box set of the drama. I loved it that much. I'm also eagerly anticipating the release of Hong Gildong.

~Rachel

Yup me too, I can't wait for Hong Gil Dong either. Btw, kdramafanusa if you happen to know if Capital Scandal will ever release with subtitle or they'll just left us with the non-sub version.

Guest kdramafanusa

I was just looking on their site again and it says to check back on May 1 for another free DVD offer. :)

If you ever find out anything, please let me know! I have such an obsession with wanting an official box set of the drama. I loved it that much. I'm also eagerly anticipating the release of Hong Gildong.

HI Rachel, thanks for the heads-up on YAE's upcoming event. I was sent disc 1 of Stairway To Heaven; I already have their boxset for it, I wish it was for another show.

Sure, I will update this thread if there are further info about Capital Scandal & HGD's DVD sets. :)

if you happen to know if Capital Scandal will ever release with subtitle or they'll just left us with the non-sub version.

Hi Eternityluv, I'm not sure; I have only seen the unsubbed version of Capital Scandal. I wish there's an official homepage with the upcoming release date/info for these.

Guest Thorpedo_oz

Yup i'll get the YA version @ Scarecrow. It'll be my 2nd K-dvd set. I ordered the re-released sassy girl, chuhyan dvd from DVDfromKorea still waiting for it to arrive. So happy that I finally get that cuz i searched all over and it all out of stock, only that AsianDB (dun remember exactly) have it for $159. I can't believe that freaking site.

Hi eternityluv, could you do me a favor. I'm also thinking of purchasing sassy girl, chunyang. But I'm not sure the quality of the the subs from Bitwin, since I don't own any sets from them yet. This will be the first time. Could you let me know the quality of the subs from them in this particluar series. I would really appreciate it. Thank You!

Guest bshater1

@thorpedo: if you don't mind, i'll answer your question for eternity. the english subtitles itself is pretty good, so no worries there. but as for the drama itself, im not sure its worth a purchase. but if you've seen and enjoyed it, go for it.

Guest eternityluv

HI Rachel,

Sure, I will update this thread if there are further info about Capital Scandal & HGD's DVD sets. :)

Hi Eternityluv, I'm not sure; I have only seen the unsubbed version of Capital Scandal. I wish there's an official homepage with the upcoming release date/info for these.

yup please do keep me updates on those 2 sets too...thanx in advance Kdramafanusa

Hi eternityluv, could you do me a favor. I'm also thinking of purchasing sassy girl, chunyang. But I'm not sure the quality of the the subs from Bitwin, since I don't own any sets from them yet. This will be the first time. Could you let me know the quality of the subs from them in this particluar series. I would really appreciate it. Thank You!

i guess u got ur answer already. I'm still waiting for it to come, but if you interestin about the packing, i'll be happy 2 post up the pic after it arrive

@thorpedo: if you don't mind, i'll answer your question for eternity. the english subtitles itself is pretty good, so no worries there. but as for the drama itself, im not sure its worth a purchase. but if you've seen and enjoyed it, go for it.

thanx bshater1

Guest Thorpedo_oz

Bshater, thanks for your reply. No, I haven't seen the series yet. I was kinda going with one of the thread here. The series was always mentioned as of the funniest series. And I liked a bit of comedy with the shows I'm watching. Let me see, would you be able to tell me if I will enjoy based on the comedy series I've seen?! Ok, I totally enjoyed MNIKSS. I love that kind of humor. Not so much with Full House, it was kinda repetitive. And My Girl was right in the middle, I'm not totally crazy about it. I just don't like the cartoonish (character of Lee Da Hae) aspect of it. But liked the drama, but not loved it. Would you be able gauge if I would enjoy the series, its also rather expensive. So you would totally save me money. Thanks for your help.

eternityluv, thanks for your reply as well. Would you be able to post the pics? I would really appreciate it. I have a question actually, I was reading some of the post here. Its about the packaging of the DVD's. Whoever can answer, please. Ok, can you tell me the difference between the digipak and the amaray sets. You see, I was thinking the digipaks, are the ones with the "hard" boxes on them like the ones you get with for eg. Full House and or My Girl. They're made with this high quality boxes. And the amaray ones, are made of those ordinary box you usually get here in the States when you buy a box set. Its usually made of soft or flimsy material. I was kinda surprised to get my boxset of Coffee Prince like this. Because I was always expecting it to come in a hard box. I hope you understand what I'm talking about, or somebody does. :sweatingbullets: Thanks!

Guest GenDaVinci

Digipak case is the one with cardboard material with their usual printing on them. The amaray case is made with hard plastic material. The digipak costs more to produce than the amaray. As pictured below, the digipak case display looks better than the amaray in my opinion. The amaray looks just too plain and ordinary.

Digipak case example: Full House

http://beautifulthingsinlife.blogspot.com/...full-house.html

Amaray case example: My Lovely Sam-Soon

http://beautifulthingsinlife.blogspot.com/...y-sam-soon.html

I hope that help...

eternityluv, thanks for your reply as well. Would you be able to post the pics? I would really appreciate it. I have a question actually, I was reading some of the post here. Its about the packaging of the DVD's. Whoever can answer, please. Ok, can you tell me the difference between the digipak and the amaray sets. You see, I was thinking the digipaks, are the ones with the "hard" boxes on them like the ones you get with for eg. Full House and or My Girl. They're made with this high quality boxes. And the amaray ones, are made of those ordinary box you usually get here in the States when you buy a box set. Its usually made of soft or flimsy material. I was kinda surprised to get my boxset of Coffee Prince like this. Because I was always expecting it to come in a hard box. I hope you understand what I'm talking about, or somebody does. :sweatingbullets: Thanks!

I must be really hopeful here...originally the EIA set was supposed to be released early April (the 2nd week), but then it got delayed till the 15th of April, then the 25th of April, and now it's been delayed to the first full week of May. I wonder if the delay has anything to do with subtitles (hope, hope!)

Guest GenDaVinci

What's EIA?

:)

I must be really hopeful here...originally the EIA set was supposed to be released early April (the 2nd week), but then it got delayed till the 15th of April, then the 25th of April, and now it's been delayed to the first full week of May. I wonder if the delay has anything to do with subtitles (hope, hope!)

Guest Thorpedo_oz

Digipak case is the one with cardboard material with their usual printing on them. The amaray case is made with hard plastic material. The digipak costs more to produce than the amaray. As pictured below, the digipak case display looks better than the amaray in my opinion. The amaray looks just too plain and ordinary.

Digipak case example: Full House

http://beautifulthingsinlife.blogspot.com/...full-house.html

Amaray case example: My Lovely Sam-Soon

http://beautifulthingsinlife.blogspot.com/...y-sam-soon.html

I hope that help...

Thanks! I understand now. I agree that the digipaks case are more attractive than the Amaray ones.

Guest GenDaVinci

Thank you! I wish it includes English subtitle because i'll order it. I have checked several other sites, and so far it doesn't look like it.

Evasive Inquiry Agency

I've posted at the DC Gallery for EIA and even those there are not sure whether the set will or will not carry subs. One said that there is likely subs, just that the DVD set won't be region 1. Another was quite surprised that whereas Conspiracy in the Court carried subtitles, Capital Scandal did not, and wanted to know what is the criteria to select which dramas carry subtitles.

And these people are quicker to update their info on the DVD set then any of the retailers online...they are likely purchasing the set in bulk for a cheaper price and have contacts w/ the DVD company since EIA Korean fans have been writing to KBS and various departments and places just to have a DVD set release for the drama. Since the release date for the DVD set has been delayed 4 times already, I am hoping that this delay would mean they will be including subs. So far, at least 80+ people have pre-ordered the drama DVD set.

Archived