(drama 2007) Liar Game/ライアーゲーム

Guest Redrac

A tad too predictable at times but still good fun to watch. I really like the rock they're playing in the background, suits the situation. It seems pretty low budget for a drama but it's all good. Erika Toda is okay-ish. Her scared/frightened look gets a little old at times but she can be really cute when she's being naive and "too honest for her own good". There are some scenes that feel very much like an amateur horror film. I'm going to be a fan girl and say Matsuda Shota <333 Frankly, his acting is on par of Erika Toda's and he hasn't really showed that much of a range. Only two episodes so far so I need to watch the whole series before I judge. I really like the creative storyline, it's the thing that's keeping me interested.

I wonder what Nao did before the Liar Game though o-o She doesn't seem to be occupied by a job or school.

I think the tombstone Akiyama was visiting said something like Akiyama Family. I recognised the yama from Yamashita lol and the family character is the same as it is in Chinese. I could be wrong but that's my guess. I think it's the tomb of woman that Akiyama's mind keeps flashing back to.

Matsuda Shota's hair sure looks funny in this drama. I wish he would get a haircut T_T But then it suits the eccentric role he has in this drama.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maia-chan

Actually, LIAR GAME is the most successful dorama to date. This drama is shown in the midnight slot, thus tha rating of 10% and above equals to the ratings of 20% and above in the regular primetime slots. This means LIAR GAME is gets better ratings than either Proposal Daisakusen or Joudan janai.

Guest cpopbaby19

^amazing! :D im about to watch the 2nd episodes now. though i could've watched them last sunday! T_T; which i regret the most! anyway, i will be taking gabazillion of caps again and post here~ XD so beware after i come back! muahahahah! xD

^ hey~ im wondering where do you get the korean subs?

i could read fluently so it would help a lot

on ysy2021's clubbox. :D it's also where i download the videos. ^^

edit-

OMYGOSH! hahaha. the episode is great, but it's only 36 minutes.. D: (again!) so that means it's always 36 minutes? T__T; ahhh.. too short! T_T; i think the last part of episode 2 is soooo cliffhung! <_< i want to watch the third episode already! and i agree withe person who owned this page! :) the song they used as a background is so good. fits the situation! ^^; and i don't know if it's just me but

it looked like akiyama likes Nao already! xD especially during the part where he was calling her on the day of the second round~ <3 i thought it was so cute. ahhaa. the worried look on shota's face is so HOT!

:w00t:

=_= darn, i made too much caps~ can't post it all here! T__T; i'll just upload it on my multiply album and you can see it there. hehehe. 113 pictures! xD

Guest sweet_treats1812

i find it weird how akiyama can just stay and listen to the rules of the second round along with everyone else...i mean, he's not really part of the game, right? but then again, since he helped nao during the first round, he sort of is part of it already...i suppose the rules for the liar game don't mind having other people help the actual players? :lol: i really hope he's not connected to the people who run the game though...

i find it weird how akiyama can just stay and listen to the rules of the second round along with everyone else...i mean, he's not really part of the game, right? but then again, since he helped nao during the first round, he sort of is part of it already...i suppose the rules for the liar game don't mind having other people help the actual players? :lol: i really hope he's not connected to the people who run the game though...

ya, I thought it was a bit weird how they just let him in. But I think she kind of made it clear he was her partner in the first round, they just let him keep going?

Guest Someone1

Omg, this series is so suspenseful and exciting. It's VERY VERY DIFFERENT from the usual sappy stupid dramas that comes out daily. The girl lead (Erika Toda) is very likable as a character, and her looks are very fitting for the "naive" girl role. They could've picked a better-looking actor, but Shota is not too unbearable.

Not to mention the background theme was top-notch.

Great series.

Guest sweet_treats1812

ya, I thought it was a bit weird how they just let him in. But I think she kind of made it clear he was her partner in the first round, they just let him keep going?

i was surfing through d-addicts and i came upon the liar game discussion thread there...one of the posters pointed something about episode 1 that i had overlooked. she (or he?) pointed out that in episode 1, it was the cop who told nao about akiyama...the same cop who dropped her off at the place where episode 2 ended, if i'm not mistaken...with that in mind, i found myself agreeing with the poster and really really really hoping that akiyama and the LGT people aren't connected...but then again if they are, i wonder just what kind of connection that will be and whether or not akiyama will eventually use it against them...hahahaha

gosh, like someone said earlier, i too love watching a drama NOT knowing exactly how things will turn out :lol:

I wonder what Nao did before the Liar Game though o-o She doesn't seem to be occupied by a job or school.

I was wondering the same thing when I was watching the first episode. She never mentioned anything about going to school or work, so I thought that was kinda strange too. I guess since it is low-budget, they can keep the filiming locations to a minimum.

i was surfing through d-addicts and i came upon the liar game discussion thread there...one of the posters pointed something about episode 1 that i had overlooked. she (or he?) pointed out that in episode 1, it was the cop who told nao about akiyama...the same cop who dropped her off at the place where episode 2 ended, if i'm not mistaken...with that in mind, i found myself agreeing with the poster and really really really hoping that akiyama and the LGT people aren't connected...but then again if they are, i wonder just what kind of connection that will be and whether or not akiyama will eventually use it against them...hahahaha

Wow, I never thought about that, but now that you mention it, that is possible. I thought that he could just join in on Round 2 because I think in the first episode they said there were no rules about how you obtain the money. So I figured it's okay to have someone help you even if they are not an official player of the game since there were no rules saying you couldn't.

Akiyama is a contestant of the game in Game 2. (Next episode will tell you how he joins the game. BTW they have already given you a hint in Episode 2.)

Semi- Spoiler

(Akiyama is not part of LGT. From what I know up to now in the manga.)

End Semi-Spoiler

Guest cpopbaby19

gosh, like someone said earlier, i too love watching a drama NOT knowing exactly how things will turn out :lol:

wow. that's one heck of an observation~ x__x akiyama, part of lgt. anyway, i thought the cop dude was gonna be Erika's opponent on the second round! xD i thought the second would have the same rules like the first one. .__. gosh, i love the suspense of this drama! <3

Akiyama is a contestant of the game in Game 2. (Next episode will tell you how he joins the game. BTW they have already given you a hint in Episode 2.)

Semi- Spoiler

End Semi-Spoiler

dang. really? maybe i was too dense to notice akiyama and his becoming-of-liargame-player. haha! anyone point that out? im so curious that it's even better to look at the spoilers! XD

anyway, here's the album i made for the SCREEN CAPS! xP

http://cpopbaby19.multiply.com/photos/album/32

I don't think romance is going to play a very large role in this drama so best not to get our hopes up about it for now. Of course it would be cute if Akiyama found himself falling for Nao but in dramas it's usually the naive girl that falls for the cold guy first.

I found it weird how they let Akiyama into round two so easily too! But then it's all going to be explained from what kilaalaa said so I'm waiting patiently for the next episode. They better explain things properly with the script though or I'm just going to be extremely disappointed. There are a few holes here and there so I want them ironed out.

Really glad to hear how well the drama is doing. I wonder who actually stays up to midnight to watch tv though lol. It's pretty damn good to pull in viewers in that time slot.

Lol did anyone find Nao's stance hilarious when she first started spying on the teacher and when she told him she was going to steal back the money? She looked so determined yet so childish. Gah she's so cute in this.

dang. really? maybe i was too dense to notice akiyama and his becoming-of-liargame-player. haha! anyone point that out? im so curious that it's even better to look at the spoilers! XD

Haha its okay, if I didn't read the manga I wouldn't have noticed the hint in the drama either...

Guest strawberrynkiwi

That is exactly what I thought, not because of the cop, but it made me think of it when Akiyama just decided to follow Nao. Like I thought there will be a better reason for him to "think" bout her going to the next round. Or is he already having feelings for Nao?!!? haha I think there is a big chance that Akiyama is part of the LGT ppl.

That is exactly what I thought, not because of the cop, but it made me think of it when Akiyama just decided to follow Nao. Like I thought there will be a better reason for him to "think" bout her going to the next round. Or is he already having feelings for Nao?!!? haha I think there is a big chance that Akiyama is part of the LGT ppl.

I think it's more that he feels guilty about something from his past. From the brief flashbacks we've been given, it looks like someone died as a result of a swindle he did. I think he sees how gullible Nao is and he wants to protect her. Maybe it's his way of making up for his past. Plus, it's also a great challenge to him. That alone might be enough for him to keep going. Maybe he wants to bring down the LGT people?

OMG maybe that person who is on the floor was someone he knew personally and was PLAYING the LIAR GAME but lost. and the person went crazy and committed suicide!!! so in order for Akiyama to get revenge he sticks with Nao!!!!

i duno ... my wild imagination is getting to me @.@

Guest sweet_treats1812

Semi- Spoiler

End Semi-Spoiler

hey, thanks for that mini-spoiler :lol: it's a relief to know that he's not part of LGT... ;)

hmm...so, if akiyama is gonna join LGT in round 2, then does that mean he can't help nao anymore? or are the two of them gonna play together? the two of them playing together won't be bad~ at least then i can breathe easier knowing that nao has some hope of winning with akiyama's genius on her side :lol:

Guest cpopbaby19

hey, thanks for that mini-spoiler :lol: it's a relief to know that he's not part of LGT... ;)

hmm...so, if akiyama is gonna join LGT in round 2, then does that mean he can't help nao anymore? or are the two of them gonna play together? the two of them playing together won't be bad~ at least then i can breathe easier knowing that nao has some hope of winning with akiyama's genius on her side :lol:

gah, i hope they play together on round 2~ cuz there aren't any rule in the lgt that you can't use someone else to help you win, right?

^ Haha well Akiyama wouldn't have rushed to the game if he didn't want to help Nao right? Hehe...game 2 is really much much more interesting than game 1...I'm looking forward to it, and Matsuda Shota of course HAHAHA!

I love Matsuda Shota in this show...I like him all stylish and stuff...Gah!! (Hyperventilates)

Archived