If You Had To Pick O N E Korean Song To Impress(?) Someone

HUAY

who usually doesnt listen to Korean music...
Background: XD The NYD Key Club Board is making a CD. Each of the board members are going to submit a song, either relating to the year on the board, or just any random song they like. Being that the songs I listen to are mostly Asian... I dont know how much they can related to what I feel about being a ltg. Therefore Im going to just pick a song that I like.

Anyway. Since I listen to Asian music -- to be more specific, Korean music, the most, I'm going to pick a Korean song.

Only like 20% of the board members (like 6/30?) are Asian.. I dont think all of them even listen to Korean/Asian music.. XD. But yeah.

If you were to pick ONE Korean song to get people to superlike/come to a new appreciation for Korean/Asian music, what song would you pick?

(Hope I worded that right *_*; )

Anyway. All of the songs that I overlisten to are good. (XD I force people to listen to my music a lot.. ) But at the time, I really liked (and still do like) Soulstar's Hoo Yoo Jeung (후유증)...

(I emailed the guy putting together the CD that song.. But I was checking my YSI account and I saw that the file had 0 downloads, meaning he didnt download it. (Ch. What kinda webmaster are you? >O|)) So I can probably change it.

XD I just fell in love with T's Good Bye Sadness, Hello Happiness though.. So Im close to switching. (These are definitely not my favorite songs though. I have lots of favorites <3).. Uhm yeah O_O.

Im thinking a majority of them are more interested in fastpaced/upbeat music.. But my fave genre = ballads so yeah.

XD Anyway. too much rambling. You dont have to read it all, just answer the question XD.

Mm. If I were to pick an upbeat song.. then perhaps.. a BoA song? .. or maybe a song with rapping and singing.. like an MC Mong collab.. XD iuno.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for me......... i would have to say.....1TYM....Uh-Oh....or Teddy's Put'em up

my friend listen to jinusean welcome and loves the song because its an upbeat song you can dance to...then a few kids in my class liked the beat to teddys' put'em up song

haha...same goes 4 me...

i usually force my fren n my older sist 2 listen 2 my songs....

well it works...

urm..back 2 the question...

i'll say...i would definitely ask (force..hehe..^^) them 2 listen 2 u by super junior or timeless by zhang li yin....

Guest UNee4Life

U;Nee ~ Call Call Call

you don't even know how many people I converted when I made them listen to this song and watch the music video/performances

well they may not have been converted to Korean Music but they sure did get converted to ANY MUSIC U;Nee busted out!!!

and that's all that matters

well if they're your group of friends then why don't you just trust your own tastes and pick the song yourself? :blink: most of the time ppl we get along with will like similar things..even upon first exposure.

anyway to answer your question i'd say Rain's Escape the Sun. it's a smooth R&B song that doesn't heavily rely on the beat or production to convey the mood..also it doesn't really sound like anything in the American market (which a lot of the k-pop songs are tending to sound like nowadays <_<) and Rain's vocals in that song are just perfect.

Guest hiimjunebug

haha this is funny cause I was riding in my friend's car to go to lunch today

and we put my iPod in--lo and behold, they saw that more than 50% of it is korean ;D

sooo,

I turned on Big Bang's V.I.P and Forever With You

..& they pretty much loved it B)

i didn't actually expect them to but when they did it was a pleasant surprise

I guess I would suggest Rain, Se7en, Big Bang, 1tym... I've seen a lot of my friends really like them whether upbeat OR ballads.

Guest minni_babyy

Rising Sun. and DBSK performing it. for sure.

they have to see them perform the song, and sing that song live. and they will be impressed for SURE! :D

Guest Hitorijime

Park Hyo Shin's new song. Mainly because I feel that it captures what Kpop is going through and sounding like at the current moment (generally).

김범수 (Kim Bum Soo) - 오아시스 (Oasis)

A smooth medium-tempo R&B track... one of my favorite Kim Bum Soo songs. I suggest it because it has a similar vibe as western R&B.

Fly to the Sky - Be With You

Another smooth R&B track that mixes Brian's smooth tone with Hwanhee's husky vocals... your friends might hear Brian's English monologue in the beginning and become intrigued.

Fly to the Sky - 그대는 모르죠 (Good-bye)

Great ballad with a decent beat, highlighted by Hwanhee's soulful ad-libs and powerful high notes.

Epik High - Fan

A contrast to the "gangster rap" in America... great beat, great flow, and even a few lines of English for good measure.

Big Bang - Forever With You (feat. 박봄)

Another great rap track, but blended with smooth female vocals.

SE7EN - 난 알아요 (feat. Teddy)

Hip-hop track that makes you wanna dance. Teddy's English intro is a plus.

SeeYa - 여인의 향기 (Scent of a Woman)

Korea's definitely growing in the Classical Pop area, and this track is an excellent indicator of it. It's a song that has an operatic feel to it, but with a modern beat.

SG Wannabe - 내 사람 - Partner For Life

This song might seem strange at first to your friends (bagpipes in a Korean song?), but once they hear Kim Jin Ho's powerful vocals, they might give it a chance. But then again, this is one of those songs that you have to watch performed before it fully clicks in your mind how awesome it is.

SG Wannabe - 죄와벌 (罪와罰) (Crime and Punishment)

Classical pop in its finest. Need I say more?

Tei - 같은 베개 (Same Pillow)

Ballad with a comforting acoustic sound which soon leads to a powerful chorus.

Younha - Audition (Time 2 Rock)

Upbeat rock song with a driving rhythm guitar and piano. Oh, and Younha's voice is hot.

김종국 (Kim Jong Kook) - 첫사랑 (First Love)

I love the schoolyard feel in this track... I could listen to the rapper all day (I love his voice). And most of the chorus is in English.

김태우 (Kim Tae Woo) - M.U.S.I.C (feat. 임정희)

Lively and energetic with a universal message ("music is my life"). Kim Tae Woo and Lim Jeong Hee shine vocally.

동방신기 (DBSK) - Hey! Girl

Like it or not: boy-bands are HUGE in Korea. DBSK is definitely one of the most vocally talented and diverse of the boy-bands, and the song definitely has an American R&B vibe.

박효신 (Park Hyo Shin) - 미워하자 (Let's Hate)

Soft and comforting song that's great for relaxing, but also has a Norah Jones-esque feel to it.

비 (Bi) - I'm Coming (feat. Tablo)

Dance track with the international superstar himself, Bi.

비 (Bi) - With U

Read above. (I'm getting lazy)

비 (Bi) - 태양을 피하는 방법 (Avoiding the Sun)

Nice beat and smooth vocals.

성시경 (Sung Si Kyung) - 거리에서 (On the Streets)

Great ballad with interesting and impressive utility of falsetto.

임정희 (Lim Jeong Hee) - Music is My Life

Upbeat song that mixes hip-hop with gospel. Lim Jeong Hee also sounds alot like Alicia Keys.

임정희 (Lim Jeong Hee) - 사랑아 가지마 (Love, Don't Leave)

Classical pop with an R&B feel.

휘성 (Wheesung) - 탈피 (Avoidance)

Medium-tempo R&B track by Wheesung.

휘성 (Wheesung) - 불치병 (feat. Masta Wu)

Upbeat R&B song with catchy verses and a smooth chorus.

... okay, I'm getting really lazy; I don't even know why I typed this much. I think I got a bit caught up. I'm just gonna stop now. -__-

Guest mcmelly

DBSK - 'O' Jung Ban Hub

DBSK - Rising Sun

Fly To The Sky - Gravity

Fly To The Sky - Goodbye

SS501 - Unlock

Either the really ballady ones or da really upbeat ones ^^

Guest cpopbaby19

for dance songs:

Dbsg - 'O' - Jung Ban Hap.

Se7en - Nan Arayo

for ballads:

han sarammaneul - Super Junior K.R.Y.

Scent of Woman - Seeya

Crazy - Shinhwa

others;

Fan - epik high <- THE BOMB.

[;

well if they're your group of friends then why don't you just trust your own tastes and pick the song yourself? :blink: most of the time ppl we get along with will like similar things..even upon first exposure.

O_O haha I am picking my own song.. XD Im jsut seeing what one song you guys would pick.

XD. Mm.. There are so many good Korean songs XD. Its so hard to just pick one ne? *_*;

Guest kayem7289

Maybe Bi's "Sad Tango."

A mix of classical with r&b and I guess that kind of music is really popular now.

I would say some DBSK songs, but we all know people these days are afraid of "boybands" lol.

Guest nayatsumi

Probably one of these..

SE7EN - Baby U

I've converted alot of people with this one and it was on random on my mp3 player o_O; Alot of people are attracted to this one anyways.

Epik High - Fan

It might not please the people who are into the hardcore rap, but it's definitely something that i'm sure alot of people would like. I mean I don't even like rap all that much, but I love Epik High and 1TYM. Plus this song is REALLY popular in Korea right now so it would a be a excellent representitive for Korean music. :]

동방신기 - Hey! Girl

God I love this song. Maybe because of the R&B feel [of course it was originally by Squeak so yeah it is R&B] that I like it so much or whatever... I am just really amazed by the song, the vocals, anything about it T__T. If the person I was introducing this to would simply listen to it without stereotyping it as a "boyband song" they'd really like it. :]

Lyn - ...사랑했잖아...

Seriously I love this song and I love Lyn. Her songs are mostly R&B so yeah i'm sure alot of people would like it :X

Lena Park - ANYTHING

ahahah i'm not biased! She's amazing T___T people would love her.

Soo.. yeah

Archived