[drama 2007] "문희 [moon-hee]"

Guest dramaok

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest asaasafighting

Sorry, I've been procrastinating the synopses.

Episodes 32 and 33 - not necessarily in order, and written by family, also I wrote a little of my own opinions at the very end just because I'm a bit outspoken.

Moon-hee's family:

Moon-hee's father (WF) and Hanul's father (HF) are talking about the current situation (well, actually Hanul's father is doing all the talking). In the preview, it made it look like WF wanted custody of Hanul, but nothing like that actually happened. Before that HF tells Hanul to wait in the van, and Moon-hee goes with him. Anyway, HF basically yells at WF to let his family and Hanul alone. He also says how WF and his whole family sickens him as he heard about the way they act (WF cheating all the time, and the rest of the family trying everything including using a child to destroy Moon-hee) from Moon-hee. WF doesn't really get a word in, but he is really p.o.'ed by the situation. Hanul fell asleep, and Moon-hee asks about Hanul's mother (HM). HF basically says how both Moon-hee and HM are terrible people for what they did to Hanul, his mother, and him. After HF leaves, Moon-hee's brother (MUB) comes to get Moon-hee as her father wants to speak with her. They both makeup as Moon-hee apologizes for what she did, and MUB says it was his fault, and that before he would just call her a sister by name, but in truth, he didn't really treat her as a sister. He tries to cheer her up a bit by saying what Hanul's aunt had said to him: he says that someone told him, that the worst type of person is the type that wallows in self-pity. They go inside and Moon-hee meets with her father along with the evil stepmother (ESM) and her sister-in-law (ESL). Moon-hee's annoying sister (AS) says it's all ESL's fault because she was only doing what ESL told her to do, ESL lies and says that she made it clear that she was suppose to get Hanul's parents approval before taking him to be a child model. WF plans on having everyone just act like it never happened and move on, but ESL begins to argue that she won't let Moon-hee take the company. WF disapproves of ESL's behavior, but nothing really comes of it beyond that. The meeting is cut short by the arrival of Dr. Yoo. WF makes everyone act normal for the lunch. Later, when they reconvene (this time with the whole family), WF tells his decision that Moon-hee's marriage will go on according to plan, but Moon-hee will have to quit the company. He also makes it clear, that if the Moon-hee having a child thing gets out, then he'll kick ESM, ESL, and AS out with no money. Moon-hee and ESL both agree with the terms and the others do so reluctantly. MUB sleeps at home since a looooong time (he's been sleeping at the company worker's lounge room). ESL is unable to fall asleep.

The next day, they have Moon-hee and Dr. Yoo's engagement ceremony. WF is basically thanking Dr. Yoo's parents profusely for accepting his lacking daughter. Moon-hee's assistant has Moon-hee and Dr. Yoo say a few words to their respective parents-in-law to be into a video camera impromptu. ESL sees Moon-hee alone and tells her not to forget that she has to stay out of the company, and basically threatens her, telling her to have a good life, to stay away, and that she doesn't want to see her again. AS and ESM come as late as they can to the ceremony without being officially late. They play the video that Moon-hee's assistant (MA) took: Moon-hee tells her mother-in-law that she wants to sing a song for her that she hasn't sung since she was in third grade and so she does on the video. It goes pretty well with the crowd. ESL says that it's very puerile, and MUB basically berates her for saying that. When Moon-hee and Dr. Yoo are about to do something (I don't remember what- I think it was when they were going to blow out two candles on a cake together), AS makes a scene by getting up and running out. MA goes after her and she cries. He feels bad for her, and she begins to cry on his shoulder, which obviously makes him feel uncomfortable. Later AS gets drunk at a karaoke place, and MA tries to talk some sense into her, but she accuses him of liking her, which he denies.

While going home, WF and ESM see Hanul walking down the street, and WF makes the driver stop. He greets Hanul, and his wife complains asking what he thinks he's doing and to hurry up. He basically only asks Hanul a few things like his age and that's it.

Moon-hee and Dr. Yoo with his parents in the back seat are going to their engagementmoon (like honeymoon). Dr. Yoo doesn't want his parents to go with them (they're going on a second honeymoon at the same time with their son's engagementmoon... together). The parents manage to convince him by revealing that they got them tickets to something (I think it was to all these different South East Asian islands).

Hanul's family:

Hanul finally wakes up inside the van (I think it was night), and sees his father sitting by the river. It seems like Hanul's father (HF) works through a lot of stuff then as the way he treats Hanul now and the way he did at Moon-hee's house is different. Hanul convinces him to play soccer with him.

Hanul's mother (HM) and Hanul's aunt (HA) arrive at Hanul's aunt's friends home (HAF) (she's the one that worked at the hospital and introduced them to Moon-hee in the first place). They decide to crash there for the moment.

While Hanul's family is eating dinner, Hanul's grandmother (HGM) asks where HM is. HF says she went to HG's mother's gravesite. HG says what a terrible daughter-in-law HA is and HF suggests that they throw her out. (Everyone takes it as a joke) All of the children say that they'd live with their mom. HF is finally able to get in contact with HM, and she tells him where she is, and he goes.

HA is panicked waiting for HF to arrive and she tells HM to apologize and ask for forgiveness no matter what. HF arrives and he and HM go into the room (HAF is at work at the time). He tells HA that he'll deal with her later. They don't waste any time yelling at each other. HM says that she didn't have a choice when she found out that she wasn't really pregnant. She also mentions how HF went to sleep in another room after she revealed that she was pregnant, and they stayed in separate rooms ever since. She says that she only agreed to get married was because she thought they were rich, but they really weren't. They both agree on getting a divorce, but each wants custody of Hanul. Because HF refuses to let her take Hanul, she threatens to tell HGM that Hanul isn't really her grandchild. HF asks if she could really hurt Hanul like that by saying that and she realizes that so she acknowledges that she won't do that. HF says that he will tell HGM that they are going to get a divorce. He tells them to act casual until then, and also tells HM and HA the alibi he created for them. He also tells HA (it wasn't apparently stated early on in the drama series, but I just recently got that HA is not HF's biological sister. That's why she talked about living at a Buddhist temple when she was young. She's just his adopted but not legally adopted sister) that she has to move out to. HA and MUB are finally able to meet again do so while she is looking for an apartment. Her excuse is that she thinks it's time for her to be independent and she says how they are all too pricey for her. The episode finally ends with HF telling HGM that he and HM are getting a divorce and HGM starting to freak out (not in a "oh my god, oh my god" sort of a way but an angry "what the hell did you just say!?" sort of way).

My Opinions

I don't understand why ESL goes and threatens Moon-hee when she pretty much lost. Her husband can't have kids and even if he could currently wouldn't want to with her, if she leaves him, she's out of the company anyway, and if Moon-hee's secret gets out, she'll be kicked out and therefore out of the company too. Also, HF is absolutely obsessed with getting a blood heir to his company, so it's not going to go to her either. The only reason Moon-hee has to quit is because ESL keeps bringing up the fact that her father is an investor of the company.

I find it funny that they recently keep trying to portray ESL as a bit of a tragic character. I absolutely do not feel bad for her, and still hopes she gets ruined beyond repair. Moon-hee isn't the typical goodie-goodie main protagonist, and she definitely shows her dark side when she needs to, but there is a contrast between Moon-hee's evil and ESL's evil. Beyond her initial plan for revenge (which was by legitimately taking over the company), she never actively plotted or planned anything against anyone. One thing that's interesting that not many people may realize is that, she never planned on ruining her brother. She had evidence of him accepting money to sell phony products, but told her assistant that she wasn't going to use it, and instead just locked in her safe; her assistant managed to figure out the combo (which I think was her mother's deathdate) and sent the evidence to the media. She did however take full responsibility for it to everyone else (she didn't rat her assistant out). ESL on the other hand plans on ruining Moon-hee from the very beginning because she sees her as her biggest threat to getting the company. She also doesn't think twice about betraying her associates (when she says that AS didn't listen to her). Moon-hee does show compassion for people, in her worrying about HM, her son, Dr. Yoo and his family, her brother, and momentarily for her sister. ESL only cares about the company. Her husband is just a tool to her for getting the company, and she even said how she doesn't want nor like children, but she knows the necessity (to get the company) of having a child. She even suggested secretly getting artificially inseminated by someone else in order to get the company. She said a long time ago how she had many potential lovers, but she chose MUB to get the company.

I'm glad that Moon-hee and her brother finally officially made up. It's funny that he was the nicest person in the whole family, but when the trouble started and he was a high member of the company, he was a bit nasty to Moon-hee. After getting fired the good part of him seems to have grown tremendously, which is also why he kept getting increasingly disgusted by his wife's actions.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asaasafighting

I actually saw this one last Thursday (the videos come out on Wednesday here) so it's a bit overdue. My memory is a bit shot so this will be very short.

Episode 34 and 35

Moon-hee goes on her "engagementmoon" with Dr. Yoo and his parents and have fun while Hanul's mother (HM) is struggling with issues regarding the divorce. HM continually asks to take custody of Hanul after the divorce, but Hanul's father (HF) refuses. HF is very cold to HM, and so is Hanul's grandmother (HG). HM demands alimony of some sort to compensate for her twenty year marriage and the fact that she worked for HG's shop without pay all those years. HG instead gives her receipts for HM's mother's hospital bills and funeral costs that she paid during the marriage and says that's payment enough. HM gets an envelope that Moon-hee sent her, which has all the money (about $300.000) she saved for ten years in it. Towards the end, HM changes her mind about getting a divorce (everyone's plea for them not to get a divorce finally gets to her). In the end, Hanul goes to Moon-hee and blames her for his parents getting a divorce.

Guest asaasafighting

Episode 36 and 37

These were great episodes, but once again my memory is a bit shot.

Hanul claims to Moon-hee that his parents are getting a divorce because his mother doesn't like her and she thinks her husband has a thing for her. Hanul's parents didn't know where Hanul was so the whole family is panicked, but Hanul calls his mother immediately to come over there so she can tell them there's nothing going on between her and Hanul's father (HF). They come and everything is said and done. Moon-hee tries privately tries to convince HF not to get the divorce, and he refuses and says it's none of her business. HF and Hanul leave together. Moon-hee and Hanul's mother (HM) drink and talk together, and HM gets a terrible headache and very nauseous and collapses. Moon-hee takes her to the hospital, but she wakes-ups and refuses to go.

Moon-hee's father (MWF) tells the evil sister-in-law (ESL) that she will have to take care of Hanul. She very much refuses. He tells her that she will have a year to get pregnant by her husband or she will have to take care of Hanul as her own son. He also tells her to get a divorce if she wants to. ESL goes to the fertility clinic. On her way there, she runs into Dr. Yoo and his father and she yells at them saying she "refuse to take care of Moon-hee's child!"; they think she says that because she's angry about Dr. Yoo's father telling MWF about her husband being impotent. She tells the fertility clinic that she will try and get pregnant alone with her husbands frozen sperm samples that they have already. She also sees her husband, and tells him her plans and how she doesn't want to take care of Hanul. She says she's surprised that her humanitarian husband (MUB) isn't excited about the idea, and he says it's because he'd feel sorry for Hanul to have a mother like her. She agrees saying that she wouldn't care for him properly and would mess him up. In the office, MWF finds out that Hanul's grades and IQ are average. He tells Moon-hee's unfortunate older brother (MUB) that he will have to take care of Hanul in a year if his wife doesn't produce a child (he basically indicates how slim that chance is as his son is impotent).

Hanul's aunt (HA) catches MUB in his room (of his secret apartment) crying and she finally inquires as to what his terminal illness is, and he says it's impotency but he doesn't think one can die from it. She is relieved and overjoyed and she starts to cry and thank him for not dying. That really moves him and they share an sweet intimate kiss. ESL has the maid make an appointment for HA and herself at like a beauty salon for the works (massage, hair, makeup.. you know the whole deal- the works) and tells the maid to call her tell her it was made by her husband (MUB), so HA says she'll go.

Moon-hee tells her assistant that she is going to quit the company but gives false reason (that it's to become a full time house wife though the real reason is as per family agreement). He feels betrayed and angry. She tells him that she is going to send him to the cultural center to be her annoying sister's (AS) assistant (as per AS's request). He feels gets even more angry about this, but Moon-hee says it's because she AS seems unusually fond of him and she knows she'll take good care of him there so he'll be in good hands.

On her way to the divorce place, Moon-hee calls and asks to go there too. She says no. Moon-hee goes anyway, but just waits outside. HF is waiting for them to be called and Hanul's grandmother (HG), i.e. his mother, comes (she even passes right past Moon-hee outside (gotta love those moments) and tells him not to get the divorce. They are called and HM is not there so they tell him he has to come back tomorrow. He is very angry about her not showing up and HG is glad she didn't show up and said it was very smart and wise of her not to. In truth, she was in the restroom, but after washing her hands, she suddenly collapsed again. Moon-hee starting to feel really anxious decides to finally go inside. A janitor woman tells Moon-hee that someone is collapsed in the restroom and Moon-hee goes to check it out. She is surprised to find that it is HM and she takes her to the hospital. Of course, Dr. Yoo is curious as to who she is and why Moon-hee is so worried about her, so she tells him she's a woman she knew from a long time ago that's like an older sister and a mother to her. HM's family is unable to get into contact with her as her cell battery is dead. She planned on leaving in the morning, but even she admits that she is curious about the results of the many tests. Dr. Yoo takes Moon-hee aside to his office and reveals HM has a brain tumor.

Guest asaasafighting

I think the remaining episodes I upload will have to be LQ asf version since coreano00 clubbox discontinued releasing rmvb versions.

episode 38

episode 39

That's okay, I'm honestly grateful getting any episodes at all. So thanks.

Episodes 38 and 39

Hanul's mother (HM) finds out that she has a brain tumor and is obviously upset. Apparently, her mother and aunt also died of brain tumors. Yet she is still determined to get the divorce, but Moon-hee convinces her to stay at the hospital. She takes a few more tests and as the results come out the next day, she tells Moon-hee that she wants to go see the sea, and they set out on a one day trip to the sea.

Hanul's aunt (HA) is greeted by the people at the salon place and then by the maid (who has a major attitude). She is really excited about getting the works. Meanwhile, Moon-hee's evil sister-in-law (ESL) is doing something (I honestly don't know if she's getting in vitro or what), anyway, she's also keeping tabs on HA through the maid. Moon-hee's evil stepmother (ESM) wanted to come to because she "knows how to handle theses things", but ESL refuses to let her go, and says that people in the modern world handle things differently than paying them off, insulting them, and attacking them. ESM is appalled and asks if she saw it so how she would know what she did, and ESL tells her she heard it from hearsay going on. The maid brings HA new clothes, a new bag, and new shoes, and after she changes, finally takes her to a fancy restaurant for lunch, where ESL awaits. ESL greets her calmly and asks her how long she plans on meeting with her husband. She gives her her pearl necklace, get her an apartment, and a credit card, and basically the bottom-line is she thinks HA as she is embarrassing so she wants her to be properly made-up and accessorized in case someone sees her with her husband. HA is appalled and tells her she can understand why her husband is cheating on her, and that she expected to be slapped and have her hair torn out, and she was ready to beg for forgiveness because what she was doing was wrong, but after meeting her, she won't feel as bad for meeting her husband. ESL says she doesn't slap her and tear her hair out because it's bad for her image. HA does not take the necklace and credit card and she gets her clothes back. She later returns the clothes, bag, shoes, and gives her the amount of money she would have paid at her own salon ($25) to the maid (who still has attitude with her for no reason). When the maid brings it back to ESL, ESL lets the maid have it.

Moon-hee's father (MWF) tells Moon-hee's brother (MUB) that he spoke with a lawyer and there'll be no problem taking custody of Hanul and MUB and ESL taking care of him. MUB tells his father his reluctance that Hanul has a family that's taken care of him for a long time. MWF says he'll be better taken care of by people who share his blood. So MUB asks if he can divorce ESL, and his father says no. His father says that he's now tied down to her and it's too late, and he can just keep his other woman as a life long mistress. MWF tells his assistant that he'll meet with Hanul's grandmother the next morning.

Moon-hee's assistant is now officially working for her annoying sister (AS). He had managed to get Moon-hee to promise that she'll send him to whatever area in the department store if he still wants doesn't to work under AS after two months. His coworkers inquire about a rumor going around that they are going out. He vehemently denies it, and says he would never date someone who spends a thousand dollars on one meal. They say who would do that? and he says "exactly, these people are aliens". Dr. Yoo's mother and ESM give AS a set of papers which have rich eligible bachelors on it. She gives the stack to Moon-hee's assistant, and tells him to investigate and find all the info he can on them.

Hanul's father (HF) gets drunk after HM didn't show up for the divorce again and he babbles and yells about her. He says how there are unforgivable things, and that she fooled his mother, and his grandmother. Hanul's grandmother (HG) hears this and demands to know what he's talking about. He ends up being able to brush it off as something he just said because he was really angry, but HG keeps remembering how HM had said that HF is not Hanul's father. She ponders on that idea, but decides not to believe it.

Moon-hee tells HM not to drink anymore, but HM manages to let her have one more shot of soju. Moon-hee says she'll sleep outside her door, but HM says she's scared and doesn't want to sleep alone, so Moon-hee says she'll sleep on the floor beside her bed. Suddenly during the night, HM starts to go crazy over her head hurting. Moon-hee has no idea what to do (there is no hospital nearby). She calls Dr. Yoo. Apparently, she shouldn't have let her have any alcohol. Anyway, he tells her that ice will help alleviate the pain, then get some medicine at a pharmacy. Moon-hee is panicked to find ice, and none is in the freezer there, so she even checks the fridge. She goes out in search of ice and/or medicine but all the shops are closed. She finally finds a fish person hauling boxes of fish and crushed ice. She tells him she'll buy the ice from him. Meanwhile, HM falls out of bed, and manages to crawl into the shower and turn on the water. Moon-hee returns with a normal black bag of the smelly fish ice, but I think the cold water was able to alleviate the pain. Moon-hee is very worried about HM and says that she would shorten her life if she could extend hers, and HM says that it's ironic that she's getting the love (caring type) from her that she wanted but never got from her husband. The next day, HM is looking at the sea and says she's finally ready to face death if it comes. Moon-hee says if something did really happen to her, could she be able to take Hanul. HM says no, because she doesn't want to face hearing that she tricked the family from the family, and that Hanul isn't her child. They return to the hospital.

HA was avoiding MUB after meeting his wife, but he finds her and they talk in the secret apartment. HA asks to know the true nature of their relationship and if it's really gong to go anywhere. MUB asks what suddenly brought that on, and she says he knows everything about her, but she knows nothing about him. She inquires if Moon-hee is his sister, and he says yes, but asks how she knows Moon-hee. She says she was in the paper. Meanwhile, ESL apparently had her mother have her (the mother's) lover (he's a professional investigator who's also the one she used to find the goods on Moon-hee) find the goods on HA. Her mother tells her that he found something but didn't want to tell her. She tells her that they have an apartment together. ESL goes to the apartment. She is really p.o.ed when she enters the apartment. As HA is on the couch crying (though HA gets up and greets her politely and awkwardly), ESL asks rhetorically if she told her husband about there meeting and made up all these lies and stuff (HA never mentioned the meeting to MUB at all). She says that her step-mother was right about how to take care of this and slaps her. MUB tries to get her to go out and talk with him. She yells if she got the apartment to play house, and if she was going to have his baby too, and attach to him that way (I believe she's making reference to Moon-hee's mother), but that he's impotent so she can't.

Moon-hee and HM find out that HM's tumor is serious and she can't get surgery as it is in the last stages. She apparently has about three months to live. Moon-hee asks Dr. Yoo if he has to be so brutally honest, Dr. Yoo says it's his responsibility, and that there's something he didn't tell her, which is that she will start forgetting who people are. Moon-hee gets even more devastated over this. HM determines that she wants to spend her last days at home with her family and convinces Moon-he to let her. HM makes supper and her daughters are really happy she's back, but the door bell rings and breaks the mood (as it is likely the HF). They go towards the entrance, and HF and Hanul come in. Hanul is happy to see his mother, but HF starts yelling at her to get out. He says he doesn't care if they're divorced or not, but she's getting out. She says she'd be crazy to leave her children and leave and she'll leave when she dies, then edits that and says she's not leaving even when she dies. He gets her bags and throws them and pulls her by the arm twice. She eventually lays on the ground refusing to leave even if it takes her being stepped on or buried there.

Guest asaasafighting

Sorry, Jang Pilmo, I don't know where to get them or anything. I don't even know where to get the non-high quality versions on the net.

Thank you, Jahye, so much for the timely post. I download and well tried to watch right away. Unfortunately, my windows media player isn't working for some unknown reason, so I couldn't watch 41, so I'll most likely have to wait til Wednesday to watch it and post a synopsis on it. Everyone else, I'm sure can still watch it though, so thanks once again.

Episode 40:

Hanul's father (HF) refuses to let Hanul's mother (HM) stay, and she refuses to leave. He actually picks her up, carries her outside, and throws her out that way. The kids manage to guilt him into letting her back in, but he makes it clear to her that she's going to leave eventually. During the night, she starts having one of those headaches again, dumps ice and her head into a tub of water. She goes to HF's biological sister's (HFS) room (not the one I've been calling Hanul's aunt (HA). HFS is a very minor character) who wakes up, and she asks for medicine (which is in her room for some reason). Anyway, HF is surprised to find HM sitting in the corner of his room trying to sleep. She says she's scared to be alone and she won't bother him, she'll just stay there in the corner. He just yells at her, and leaves.

HA and Moon-hee's brother (MUB) talk about how HA is Hanul's aunt, and MUB is his biological uncle. She said she didn't want to say that she was his aunt because she didn't want him to break up with her over that. He says he's not going to. His wife, i.e. Moon-hee evil sister-in-law (ESL), tries to bribe HA, but HA tells her that money doesn't solve everything, to which ESL disagrees. HA is very polite and sincere, and ESL just thinks she just wants money.

Evil step-mother (ESM) and Moon-hee's annoying sister (AS) both find out that Moon-hee's father (MWF) wants to take Hanul and have MUB and ESL take care of him as their son. ESM is absolutely p.o.ed and goes and yells at Moon-hee (who didn't know, until now). ESM claims that Moon-hee planned this so her son can take over the company. When AS talks with Moon-hee, she actually believes that Moon-hee didn't know (their relationships seems to be getting better). AS tries to convince ESM that maybe MUB and ESL taking care of Hanul isn't such a bad idea, because he is blood, and "he's cute" and "he isn't like Moon-hee at all"; she also mentions how MWF isn't going to yield so to just accept it but it is all to no avail. Finally, when MWF comes home, he talks with ESM and Moon-hee. His conversation with MSM is her saying how she can't live wanting to kill someone with her like how she had to live with Moon-hee and now that Moon-hee's leaving, he's bring in her son. MWF basically doesn't step down. When she leaves the room, he talks with Moon-hee. Moon-hee is against it, and she says if you're going to take him, then she might as well be the one to take him not her brother and his wife. She also says how she doesn't want her ESL being her child's mother (ESL did admit to her husband that she'd purposely screw the child up after all- though Moon-hee didn't hear the conversation- come on, we all know what ESL would do (just not how)). Moon-hee says she'll even break up with Dr. Yoo as he's an adult and can handle more pain, but Hanul is just a child. MWF says how if she takes Hanul, he's going to suffer just like her- having everyone look at him and point at him and say how he's an illegitimate child. She says she need some time to think about it.

HM meets with Moon-hee and Dr. Yoo. Dr. Yoo tells her she can get surgery, but only with a 50% chance of survival, and it won't actually get rid of it completely just give her some more time. HM says she doesn't want to because she'd rather regret not getting the surgery than regret not spending time with her children. Before separating, Moon-hee gives her a bag with medicine, and some very very expensive mushroom, which are suppose to help. Afther HM leaves, Dr. Yoo tells Moon-hee that her family has to know, because she may collapse or other bad stuff, and she needs someone to look after her. Hanul's grandmother (HG) complains to HM how she didn't come to work that day. HM says she's not going to work anymore. HG says how if she's staying at the house, she has to go to work as it is her duty. HM says she's already done enough for the shop- missing crucial moments in her children's lives for the sake of the shop, but now she just wants to live for her children.

MWF goes to meet with HG who is in her shop.

In the preview, MWF tells HG that Hanul is his grandson. Moon-hee calls HF and tells him about HM's condition. It looked like HF sees HM taking medicine, and takes the medicine and throws it outside! It looks like a good episode, too bad I probably can't see it until Wednesday.

Guest asaasafighting

Thanks for the new episodes, Jahye. I tried to get it to work since last Monday to today (Wednesday), and was lucky enough to finally get it to work though I don't know how or why... either way, I didn't have to rent it today because it worked. I'm just leaving the Windows Media Player on now just in case I can't get it to open again probably at least until the drama ends.

Episode 41, 42 and 43

Moon-hee's father (MWF) tells Hanul's grandmother (HG) that he is Hanul's real grandfather. She goes ballistic (to her defense, he doesn’t explain the situation very well) and calls him a con artist and throws him out and throws salt at him. His assistant tries to give her MWF's business card, but she doesn't take it, so he goes into her shop and leaves it on the table. She looks at the card, and sees the word “I’mall” and remembers how her son got a job at I’mall, Hanul crying about a woman who has a child with the same birthday as him, than Hanul’s mother (HM) saying Hanul isn’t her grandson, and how her son said there are some sins that are unforgivable.

Dr. Yoo tells Moon-hee to call HM’s husband and tell him. He mentions a patient whose condition was much less severe than hers, who collapsed in the restroom and died. Moon-hee calls Hanul’s father (HF) and tells him that HM is very ill, and he yells and hangs up on her, so she calls again and leaves a message that HM has brain cancer.

HM washes covers Korean style (stepping on them in a tub of water) while singing, and HF sees her but she doesn’t see him. She then remembers the expensive mushrooms that Moon-hee gave her, which she had boiling in water, and she pours some and drinks it. HF asks her what that is. When she tells him, he takes the kettle and throws it outside. He yells at her that she’s taking care of her own self and leaves.

Hanul’s aunt (HA) and evil sister-in-law (ESL) both think about what the other said. Evil step-mother (ESM) summons ESL and tells her that HA isn’t the immediate problem, but Hanul is so she has to get pregnant.

HG is speaking with a customer when she remembers what MWF says and goes crazy. She causes a box to drop from the table, which has a bag. She examines the contents of the bag and finds the money and letter Moon-hee sent to HM. Upon reading it, she starts becoming hysterical. HA comes in HM asks why she wasn’t there for her. HA says sees been hurting inside too. HM laughs that hurting emotionally isn’t anything. HA sees the mushrooms boiling and inquires about them, and HM shows her the whole batch and says that Moon-hee gave them to her. She asks what’s wrong with her, when suddenly HG comes in. She asks what those are and when they tell her that they are expensive mushrooms, she throws them in the trash and throws the kettle in the sink. She begins yelling and asking who bloodline does Hanul come from. The children come and things are a bit on hiatus as HM’s younger daughter’s leg is broken/injured (I’m not really sure, but she has a cast). Hanul hugs his grandmother because she seems angry and she throws him off. HG tells HM and HA that they need to go the shop now and they all get in the car. In the car, HG tells them to go to her (HG’s) mother-in-law’s gravesite. They reluctantly go.

Dr. Yoo’s mother tries to get Moon-hee’s annoying little sister (AS) to meet one of the guys she brought a profile of- who apparently saw her picture and thought she was cute and asked to see her.

Dr. Yoo talks to the hospital girl who had a crush on him (who apparently is HF’s younger sister- I didn’t know this!) and tells her to organize the patients’ profiles.

HF listens to Moon-hee’s phone message, but deletes it before it gets the brain cancer part.

HG, HA, and HM arrive at the gravesite. HM remains in the car and says she’ll catch up in order to take a few pills.

ESM has lunch with Moon-hee’s brother (MUB) and tells him that he thought he wouldn’t hurt his wife because he’s seen how his father hurt her, and so he should go see ESL in the clinic because it’s a rough experience and to buy her lunch and that she hopes he does right thing. He goes to see her in the fertility clinic and buys her lunch.

AS prepares to meet the guy. Moon-hee’s now her assistant (MFA) (Moon-hee’s former assistant) tells her that he is an extreme sports maniac. AS makes MA go with her to meet the guy.

MWF meets Moon-hee and tells her that he met with HG. She asks why he met her when she said she needed time.

HG tells HM to tell her (HG’s) mother-in-law who Hanul is the child of saying that she can fool a person but not a spirit. HM lies, and HG takes out the money order and note, and tells her to tell the truth. HM gets on her knees and tells HG that Hanul is not her grandson. HG yells and attacks her. HA tries to calm HG down, and HG smacks her out of the way. HG asks if her granddaughters are real. HG says they are and asks for forgiveness and HG attack her. HA tells her that she had no choice because they would’ve kicked her and her granddaughters out and also tells her her part in bringing Hanul. HG attacks HA. HG starts apologizing to her dead mother-in-law and faints.

MWF tells Moon-hee to lie and say that HM was going to pay her son’s surgery bill, and took him without permission, and she says she can’t lie like that. Moon-hee goes to see HF and asks him if he really heard her message, and he says he did. He seems so callous it surprises her. She tells him that her father met with his mother. She also says she can’t let him and his mother take care of Hanul after HM is gone especially now that she knows. He basically threatens her and says they better not meet again or else. She asks if he really got her message, and yells yes, and goes and calls his mother who isn’t picking up the phone.

HM and HA take HG into the car and are driving when suddenly HG wakes up, and attacks HM who is driving until she faints again. They stop somewhere and HM is in the restroom taking more pills. She brings HG something to drink only to have it thrown in her face. HG begins to attack her again yelling out her son’s name with all these people staring, then faints again.

AS meets with the guy and has MFA assistant keep tabs on the guy from afar. AS asks if he can take her hang-gliding once because she always wanted to. He says sports are supposed to be done alone. He says what he really wants to do is eat with her and her father. He basically tells her that he wants to get with her to get part of her father’s company. AS says the food there is really good there, and she’s not one to leave without eating, but she’s lost her appetite after meeting him, so she leaves with MFA. He says he seems good for her, and she says then why don’t you marry him and takes him for drinks.

MUB stays with ESL due to ESM’s (his mother’s) request. Everyone at the house is taking care of the fainted HG. HF’s younger sister (YS) calls HF and tells him that HG is there. HA and HM go into the kitchen and talk about what they should do. HM says she really wishes HG wouldn’t wake-up. HA says how she’s not even old, and HM says people who are younger die. HA tells her to take Hanul and go away for a while until she cools off. HM says see doesn’t have that kind of time. HM’s older daughter comes to get them as HG has awoken. HG looks at Hanul coldly and refuses his affections. HG throws a bucket of water in HM’s face. HF runs in, and HG tells him to hurry up and throw out Hanul, HM, and HA immediately. HF tells YS to take his daughters and Hanul out. Hanul’s sisters asks with YS they should examine her for dementia/Alz. HG is continuing to freak out and hit HM and kicks HM and HA out and refuses to give any money including the money Moon-hee sent her. HF drags HM out who is hysterical asking to be able to stay even if she has to get all her hair pulled out and throws her in a cap.

Moon-hee is drinking with Dr. Yoo, and he inquires about HM again especially because he’s never heard her talk about her in the seven years they’ve known eat her. Moon-hee says that she paid for her mother’s hospital bills and funeral and that she is Hanul’s mother. Moon-hee is about everything then remember what her father said about not hurting Dr. Yoo, and all she has to do is throw away her own ambitions as a mother. She doesn’t say anymore and runs home. She talks to her mother’s photo asking if she should just let her brother take care of Hanul, and if she should just marry Dr. Yoo as if nothing’s wrong.

Dr. Yoo’s father says to the mother that she made a mistake introducing AS with the guy, and she says what AS needs right now is a good guy. AS and MFA are singing then he says that she can’t just take the good things of having a father with money and not the bad (i.e. having an arranged marriage with a guy who doesn’t really love her and things like that). She says then she’ll have to marry a guy who isn’t rich who’ll only love and care about her. She makes him drink more, and ends up having to carry him to his home as he’s unconscious. She leaves him a yogurt (Korean drink), says how he doesn’t compare to Dr. Yoo, asks if he wants to date her, and leaves. MFA opens his eyes and stares at the drink after she leaves.

HA takes her case of clothes to MUB’s apartment and texts him. ESL’s legs hurt which wakes MUB up. He pick up the phone and takes it out of the room. HA is crying on the phone and says she has to stay at the apartment for the moment. She says that she feels worse than when her husband left her, that her mother who’s not her real mother, but she knew as mother for thirty years kicked her out. MUB prepares to go to her, and ESL asks him to stay with her, he tells her that she knows he doesn’t let go of love so easily, and that he loves her, and the truth is that he hopes she is not pregnant, then leaves, and consoles HA who doesn’t have anyone but him.

Moon-hee has a nightmare about HM and goes in front of her home. HF comes out and she asks how HM is doing. HF tells her to leave, and Moon-hee asks if he really heard her message. He says yes, and she says even the part with that she has brain cancer? He goes crazy and asks if she’s lying. Moon-hee says her dreams are so bad that she just wants to she her face. HF says she can’t because they kicked her out. HF blames Moon-hee and her father and runs off, and is later shown driving off. He remembers the things the HM said that hinted at her terminal illness and cries. HM is waiting at a bus stop and is deep in thought while they are calling her station. She drops her ticket and leaves. HF arrives and they tell him he can’t park there, and he does. When he asks them about the bus, the person says it left, he goes back to his car which is being towed and yells at the towing guy.

MWF and ESM are eating breakfast when no one else is there, and MWF complains. He also says how ESL’s trying to get pregnant is futile.

AS makes breakfast for MFA. He says he wants to stay with the company for a long time, so he can’t go out with her so to find someone else. She says how if he does well, he has a chance to get the company. He says he doesn’t want to have pointless unrealistic dreams and that they just don’t go well together.

ESL tells ESM all the stuff MUB told her and how he left early in the morning to go see HA. ESM tells her to just rest up and get pregnant and see if he can still say all that when she’s pregnant.

Moon-hee sees HM who is waiting for her at her company. She says she has something to tell her, and Moon-hee offers to buy her new clothes and give her more money, and HM says just to buy her breakfast and that she only need fifty bucks. Moon-hee says she’s going to the restroom and calls HF who tell her to stall her. Moon-hee and HM talk in her office. HM says she has a request and Moon-hee asks what it is and HM asks if she’ll really listen to any request and Moon-hee says yes. HM says she’s more worried about after she dies and her children. Moon-hee says she’ll be like a big sister to them. HM says instead for her to be their new mother. Moon-hee is obviously surprised, and HM mentions how Moon-hee said she’d do anything. HM tells her to give up Dr. Yoo, even though he’s better in all ways compared to HF, but to do it anyway. HM says she doesn’t have time to find someone else. Moon-hee says she can’t, and HM says she wants to die as Hanul’s mother.

HG talks to a picture of her mother-in-law and decides to find a wife for her son. She talks with some market lady and requests her to find a young woman. She says she can find someone who’s like forty and HG says that’s too old to make conceive a son. She says no one younger would accept a forty year old man with only a high school education a former wife and two daughters, but how he’s better off than her son, and she should be grateful to her HM.

Hanul comes home from school and bought HG’s favorite food for her. She tells him if it looks so good why he doesn’t eat it himself. Hanul tries to grab unto HG, and she throws him off again. The younger of Hanul’s sisters (YD (younger daughter- as in HF’s younger daughter) stands up and yells at HG asking why what’s Hanul done wrong that she would treat him like that, and Hanul tells he’s alright. HG throws the food into the trashcan and says under her breath how they only made noisy useless daughters and not a son, and then tells all three of them to leave. Hanul’s sister go to the hospital and meet YS to thinking HG might have dementia. YS talks with Dr. Yoo who mention’s HM, and YS rushes back to the room. Hanul’s sisters look at the papers on patients and sees someone with the same name as her mother and the same address. They don’t understand the medical terminology and YS barges in and takes the papers. They ask what that is and she lies and says it’s a stress thing from the divorce.

ESL demands they do it again, because she feels that she’s not pregnant though the results don’t come out until two weeks. ESL says she knows her body and they don’t have that sort of time. ESM asks the maid HA’s contact info. She sees an unknown number and it’s MUB’s mother. MUB’s mother comes to the apartment and does nothing but insult her. HA apologizes and she asks what she’s sorry about being ugly or poor, and she says both. ESM continues to state how inferior HA is throughout.

MWF meets with his lawyer then to MUB. He tells MUB that they will inquire about MUB and ESL’s marriage condition. Moon-hee thinks about what HM said. She and MUB cross paths and they get a drink together. MUB says it’s ridiculous for her to breakup with Dr. Yoo and marry HF. Moon-hee says she knows but she feels like she doesn’t have a choice. MUB says he’ll take care of Hanul so not to worry and just go on with the marriage to Dr. Yoo. Moon-hee says how her father tells her not to concern herself, and now her brother tells her he’ll take care of it, so if she just does nothing and gets married to Dr. Yoo will everything be fine? MUB tells her not to do anything stupid that will ruin her life. Moon-hee asks how she can trust ESL with Hanul, and especially with their relationship not being that great right now. MUB says even if they divorce he’ll take care of it. She inquires about the statement about divorce, and he tells her not to concern herself with his marital issues and to just take care of Dr. Yoo.

ESM asks HA’s IQ, and she responds that she never took the test because she lived in the country, but it should be average. ESM basically continues to just insult and say how inferior she is. This gets funny, so I’m mentioning it- She tells her to go away silently, and maybe there’ll be a good apartment and ice cream shop in it for her. HA begins to protest, but ESM yells and tells her she only came to say her part, not to listen to her, so just say “yes”. So she says “yes”. ESM asks don’t you know that in any mall the ice cream shop sells the best, and HA answers “no, I didn’t know that”. ESM interrupts and tells her she hates listening to her voice so not to speak. She says that the ice cream shop is enough for her to live well off of, and to find a man that’s on her level. When they leave, ESM complains that she isn’t sending off an elder properly. HA says how ESM had told her that she didn’t want to hear her voice and that’s why, and then she sends her off. ESM complains again and leaves.

HF tells HM to go to the hospital. HM asks to be able to go home instead. HF tells HM that he wants to start over with her and that there isn’t any disease people can’t conquer. HM says she doesn’t want to, and HF takes her hand and tells her that he’ll stay by her side.

Dr. Yoo gets a call that HM and HF are at the hospital, and he and Moon-hee go. Before they get in the car, Dr. Yoo inquires as to what is wrong, and Moon-hee asks if he really won’t regret marrying her. He says he feels like there’s something else on her mind beyond HM’s condition. It all smoothes over with him thinking she just has premarriage jitters. HF goes home to get some of HM’s stuff, and he tells YS to extra care of Hanul while he’s at the hospital. HM begins to have vision problems. HF tells HM to get the surgery. HM says she wants to speak to Dr. Yoo alone to HF (who thinks it’s about the surgery). As Hanul’s mother, HM, says she has something she must say to Dr. Yoo as Moon-hee’s fiancé.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asaasafighting

Episode 44 and 45

Hanul's mother (HM) tells Dr. Yoo that Hanul is Moon-hee's son and how she has to marry her husband and take care of her children, especially her own son, so he has to break-up with her. He dismisses it and refuses to listen, but later remembers a few things, and obviously knows that it is true. Evil step-mother (ESM) meets with Hanul's aunt (HA) again to bribe and threaten her to leave her son, Moon-hee's half-brother (MUB). HA packs her things and leaves, but MUB sees her letter, runs and catches up to the bus she gets on, and makes her get off the bus with him; he tells her that he doesn't care about getting acknowledgment from his father any more, he doesn't care about being poor as long as he's with her, and also once he gets divorced from his wife that they get married immediately. Moon-hee's father (MWF) meets with Hanul's grandmother (HG) again, and even sees her push Hanul to the ground. He says he's giving her one last chance to give Hanul up, but he instead of succeeding, he gets salted again. HM is continually trying to continue convince Moon-hee into agreeing to marry her husband, Hanul's father (HF), by any means possible- mostly guilt-tripping her. She tells her to go to her house and cook food for them that they can eat for the next few days because she can't go do it herself. Moon-hee says she doesn't want to, and that she's decided to be selfish and think about her own happiness for once, but does it anyway. Dr. Yoo is driving when Hanul and his sisters stop him, and Hanul asks him for a ride as the younger of sisters had hurt her foot in a previous episode. When they arrive, he is invited in, where he sees Moon-hee cleaning the floor in some raggedy clothes. He is upset by this and leaves. Hanul's grandmother (HG) goes to the hospital and yells at HM for faking being sick. After talking with her daughter who works at the hospital and finding out that she has brain cancer, she kind of makes up with HM. When Moon-hee comes to see HM again, HM tells her that she told Dr. Yoo that Hanul is her son.

Dr. Yoo is very upset and cold to Moon-hee. She tells him that she'll do whatever he decides, and he yells at her for putting him in this position. She goes home and drinks a bit. Dr. Yoo kicks HM out of the hospital as she's not getting the surgery anyway. HM tells HG her plan to have HF marry Moon-hee. HG later agrees that it's a good plan if it could happen. Moon-hee's annoying half-sister (AS) has lunch with Moon-hee's former assistant (MFA) and gets caught by ESM; then she later gets caught again talking with him on the phone, and ESM threatens to have him fired. MFA later finds out that he is going to be fired, and AS says she'll take the responsibility. MUB packs his things and hands evil sister-in-law (ESL) divorce papers. He moves out of the house, and into his not-so-secret apartment. ESL's stomach hurts and she finds out that she's pregnant. When Moon-hee's father comes home (MWF), ESM tells him that ESL is pregnant, so he has to keep his promise and let Hanul alone. MWF surprisingly doesn't seem thrilled at all about hearing the news (in fact, he seems even more upset than happy). MWF goes to Moon-hee's room and tells the picture of Moon-hee's mother that he tried, and did everything he could, so what can he do? Dr. Yoo's mother tell Dr. Yoo that they want to have dinner with Moon-hee, but his father has to be at the hospital, so she changes it to just a get together with some wine, but she wants her son (Dr. Yoo) to take her to dinner. He calls Moon-hee and they meet (Moon-hee is surprised and thrilled to get his call). Dr. Yoo tells Moon-hee that he's not going to break-up with her and he's going through with the wedding, but she has to break off all ties with Hanul. Moon-hee agrees to this. Then Dr. Yoo tells her that he's not going to let her brother take Hanul as a son.

Guest asaasafighting

Episodes 46 and 47: thanks so much for providing them Jahye!

Moon-hee reluctantly accepts Dr. Yoo's terms of letting go of Hanul and not taking him away from his family. Hanul's mother (HM) tells Hanul's grandmother (HG) of her plan to have Moon-hee marry Hanul's father (HF). HG thinks it would be nice, but only if they'd agree to it, and HM tells her to leave it to her. Moon-hee ends up staking out in front of Hanul's house. In the morning, HG sees her and yells at her for staking out in front of their house, but when she finds out her name is Moon-hee, she is more amicable. Moon-hee apologizes for her father going over there, and requests to HG that she wants her to take good care of Hanul like they've been doing. HG says she is not willing to give up Hanul not because she likes him but out of spite and she has every intention of not treating him well, so she (Moon-hee) should marry her son (HF) in order to look after Hanul. After Moon-hee leaves, HG indicates that she finds Moon-hee to her liking as a daughter-in-law and as the next owner of her clothing shop.

Evil step-mother (ESM) looks over her records on Moon-hee's former assistant (MFA) and is displeased so she secretly meets with him basically to tell him that she's going to have him fired.

Evil sister-in-law (ESL) hands back the divorce papers (filled out) that Moon-hee's half-brother (MUB) asked her to fill out. She says to her unborn child (it would be so funny if it ended up being a hysterical pregnancy) how it has a terrible father and such and such (we all know I hate her...). MUB buys her food that she's craving. Eventually, MUB returns to speak with ESL because he went to the courthouse and they told him that they have to both be present in order to get a divorce. When he tells her this, she completely flips out and tells him to get out of her sight and that she never wants to see him again. ESM tells MUB that the doctor now put ESL on bed rest for ten months and she can't be stressed and she yells at him.

Dr. Yoo meets with Moon-hee's father (MWF) and tells him that he still wants to marry Moon-hee but does not want to be Hanul's uncle. MWF accepts and tells him he'll take care of the situation.

MWF meets with Moon-hee and tells her that he plans on sending Hanul abroad now. Moon-hee says she's not going to let him do that, that she'd rather he be with his current family and she'll tell the court that she gave him up willingly (which would shatter their right to take custody of Hanul) if he plans on doing that.

HM buys flowers with Hanul so he can give it to Moon-hee (more of her trying to coax her). On their way to give it to her, Hanul crosses the street, but HM is suddenly unable to walk forward and loses her sight in the middle of the crosswalk. She kind of looses her mind and falls to her knees just calling out for Moon-hee. Hanul eventually goes in search of Moon-hee. When he finds her she is with Dr. Yoo, and tells her to come with him. Dr. Yoo demands Moon-hee not go. When Hanul mentions that HM is stuck in the middle of the road, Moon-hee completely ditches Dr. Yoo and goes to save her.

This event leads the children to find out about their mother's terminal illness.

Moon-hee drives over to a mountain retreat type place where supposedly people who are terminal ill would live a bit longer. HF is going to stay there with HM as her caretaker. The children want to stay too, but they eventually accept that they aren't allowed to and Moon-hee drives them home.

Hanul's aunt (HA) is the last to find out about HM's condition, and she goes home but they had already left for the retreat place. She gets yelled out at HG for having been so occupied with a man to neglect her family. HA goes to the temple (she's only shown returned from there) and does many bows (very exhausting) to pray for HM, but admits to MUB that she's a terrible human being because she tried not to but couldn't help but to also pray for MUB. MUB says it's understandable because it's human nature so it doesn't make her a bad person.

HF works hard to tape foam on the corner edges of things like tables, and attaches rope to the walls that HM (who's blind) take use to get from one place to another in the halls (rather than walking blindly in open space or using the walls, she can use the rope as a guide). HM breaks down and says she wished she'd just die already than have to be dependent on and be a burden to someone like this. HF tells her not to think that because she took care of him so now it's his turn to take care of her.

Upon meeting with Dr. Yoo's parents, Moon-hee finds out that Dr. Yoo plans on them going to India for volunteer work right after their honeymoon. Moon-hee is appalled that he didn't discuss this with her first and also questions his true motives and says. Dr. Yoo admits that he has alterior motives. He tells Moon-hee that the six months there should be enough for her to forget Hanul and HM. Moon-hee tells Dr. Yoo that he's starting to scare her.

HF says something to HM but is doesn't say anything and instead looks like she's having trouble breathing. He's kind of hysterical and tells her to say something, then remembers Moon-hee telling him that not only could she lose her sight but her voice too so it's really her struggling to try and say something. He gives her a notepad for her to communicate. She writes that she has to go see Moon-hee and he says she's getting married and they have no right to interfere and ruin her life like that. thinks (but as if she's talking) that she can feel in her body that she's going to die soon, and that she saw her dead mother coming to get her, but she has to see Moon-hee and tell her to take care of her children before she dies. During the night, when HF is sleeping, a blind and now mute HM puts her notepad, medicine, and cell phone into her bag and goes off. She trips along the roadside but manages to pick up her pad and her stick that she's been using to walk (I didn't say walking stick because you might think its like made one. This one is literally just a long stick)(she's a good actress). She walks with her stick and waves her notepad around (that says "please take me to I'mall; you will be compensated). When she hears a car coming she point it out toward the road. HF wakes up and goes out to find her. Driving along the road, he finds the other items that she dropped then her. He agrees to take her to see Moon-hee.

When they get there, he calls Moon-hee but she doesn't answer the phone. MFA is showing Moon-hee and Dr. Yoo where the room they're getting married in and sets up the scene (I think it's the same room as the formal engagement). HF says she's not picking up, so they'll have to try tomorrow. HM thinks/says that she's going to die so has to now. She writes that she's thirsty. HF tells her he'll got get her some water and will be right back. When HM no long hears his footsteps, she goes out of the car in search of Moon-hee. This time she's waving around her pad which says Moon-hee's name and position in the company. She trips over a plant. Dr. Yoo is passes by when he notices her and goes to her. She gets up and keeps holding up the notepad and pointing to the name thinking "please take me to Moon-hee" as if she is talking. Moon-hee passes by and goes to Dr. Yoo, then she notices HM.

Guest asaasafighting

One thing I find interesting in this drama is how everyone has a dark-side so to speak though for some it's a struggle to find the good in them.

Moon-hee: Moon-hee's dark-side is quite interesting. She shows that one's dark-side isn't necessarily always evil, and at times necessary. It is what essentially makes her excellent in business life even though her personal life is in shambles. At first it is shown mostly in her desire for revenge and her career ambition. Her steadfastness and dedication to something to the inevitable is one of her traits. When her assistant went behind her back and released her info on her brother to the press, instead of trying to amend or correct the situation, she is able to accept it, go with it, use it to her advantage. She redeems herself in taking full responsibility for it; though perhaps, this may too be part of her dark-side: in protecting her underlings, she ensures their loyalty. Her father was also correct about her motherly ambitions. She does not cease and asking to see Hanul, even though she had promised to act like she didn't know them; at times, she has shown that she cares for Hanul's well-being over others.

Moon-hee's step-mother: For this woman finding a dark-side isn't a problem. While she would be a sympathetic character (as her husband constantly cheated on her), her character and snobbery are more than enough to have her being cheated on overlooked. So for her it's not about finding a dark-side but a good-side, any ounce of goodness in her. For her, it's in her love for her children; she does care much about her children, though she does so at the expense of others. That doesn't mean she always sides with them though. In situations, she believes they are making a mistake, she yells at them a little bit, but mostly try and deal with the other person.

Moon-hee's father: He shows that he is capable of sympathy: he expresses sympathy toward Moon-hee, her mother, and Dr. Yoo. I'll just leave it at that cause that's what he seems to leave it at anyway.

Moon-hee's sister-in-law/Moon-hee's brother's wife: This woman is practically pure evil. Her vulnerability is the only remnants of anything "good". Whenever her sense of self-superiority and entitlement are severely threatened, she breaks down momentarily: at first she doesn't show any concern for her husband's cheating except they it would look to others (him cheating with a poor person) and her image (she tells him to find someone more elite to cheat with instead). However, when she finds he has a secret apartment with Hanul's aunt (HA), she yells and slaps her (something she berated her mother-in-law about as bad for one's image so she wouldn't do that), also when she realizes that not only does her husband have real feelings for HA and that he's not going to give her up no matter what, she cries.

Moon-hee's brother: This is an interesting character. In the beginning, he seems like the only nice person in the family. However, when his father gives him a position in the family, he changes quite a bit. He even admits to Moon-hee that his treating her like a sister was a facade as he can't think of her as his sister and everything would be peaceful is she were out of the equation. Basically, at that point, he is someone struggling with his personal sense of idealism and desire for escape, and his spoiled lavish life and desire to be acknowledged by his father. When he achieves his desire to be acknowledged by his father, that is when his dark-side manifests, and ironically, the time he got along with his wife the best. When that doesn't go over too well, he is able to reflect on this, and he also when he meets HA, he chooses his idealism over his other desires.

Hanul's mother: In being able to do anything to protect her secret. Also when she tells Dr. Yoo about Hanul being Moon-hee's son: there is a big difference between how she approaches the person then and now.

Hanul's grandmother: Her obsession with getting a grandson (as opposed to grandchild), and her treatment of Hanul (who is absolutely innocent).

Hanul's father: While he devoted, his lack of intimacy (emotionally also) with his wife. While he doesn't cheat on her, he's not really with her either. While his anger at his wife is understandable after he finds out about Hanul, his desire to keep Hanul out of spite and keep her away from her children out of spite is not. He also takes his anger to an unacceptable level.

Hanul's aunt: she has the weakest dark-side. She somehow manages to pull off cheating without it being "evil". Though her will in keeping Hanul's mother's secret was weaker, that is the extent of her dark-side: she was often panicky and looked like she was going to crack while Hanul's mother was able to look calm and collective.

Guest asaasafighting

Hey guys,

Im having a hard time accessing clubbox/creidesca2 for downloading moonhee through internet explorer...I was wondering if you guys were having the same trouble? Help me please

I use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer; I'm also pretty much dependent on the ones the Jahye provides- I don't know where else to get it... It could be a problem with Explorer, the site, your internet connection, or any number of things; sorry, I can't be of much help.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived