How Much Is 10% Off?

Guest love_able

Guest love_able

i want to buy this clothes and since i did the survery of the service i had, i got 10% off, of my next purchases..

how much is 10 percent off???

one of my friend said it was like 10 dollar off, but it can't be THAT much.. or does it depend on the price.. and if it is, it's like 69.99 ..

Guest Justalilodreamer

i suck at percentages too but it depends on the price and its definitely not 10 dollars off (unless your friend was talking about 10% from 69.99) i think its around 7 dollar something off

Guest supereggytoast

Haa I can't do percentage easily too, so I bring my other love around in my purse. *clutches her calculator to her heart* Oh baby, I'll never leave you home alone again.

EDIT: But yeah.. 10% is pretty easy.. -__-;

Guest pprMNTE

10% off is 10% off whatever you're buying. So if you're buying something thats $15.00, that means you're getting $1.50 off. If you're buying something that's $10, that's $1 off.

Guest 4ever_sweet

How old are you? How can you NOT know how much is 10% unless you're in elementary school.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound harsh. Just such a dumb question. Just take your calculator.

to calculate percentage you take .1 (which is the decimal form of 10%) multiply it by the price. then subtract your total from the original price.

69.99 - (0.1 * 69.99) = 69.99 - 6.99 = 63

Guest catgirlcat

How old are you? How can you NOT know how much is 10% unless you're in elementary school.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound harsh. Just such a dumb question. Just take your calculator.

lol i was thinking the same thing

Guest sphynkter

it's like some of you didn't even go to school.

10% = 10/100

10/100 = 0.1

10% of $70 = $70 x 0.1 = $7

now, here's a little workout for your brain. try to see if you can calculate what 20% of $50 is.

Guest sundubu <3

there's really no need to bring a calculator.. like someone already mentioned, just move the decimal over one place to the left.

i.e. 10% of $50 = $5

i.e. 10% of $25 = $2.50.

if you want to figure out say, 20%, just double whatever 10% of the price is i.e. 20% of $25 = 2 X $2.50 = $5.

Archived