[MANGA/ANIME] NANA

Guest NovaMania

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh btw, any series suggestions while we wait? i'm pretty picky about the art. I like pretty characters and no old drawn mangas like in the early 90's. uhm...and good story lines are a must if you are suggesting. thanks. some that are similar to nana would be great. lest drama in the manga is fine too!

[

quote name='xia3' date='Dec 23 2009, 12:58 PM' post='15145565']

oh btw, any series suggestions while we wait? i'm pretty picky about the art. I like pretty characters and no old drawn mangas like in the early 90's. uhm...and good story lines are a must if you are suggesting. thanks. some that are similar to nana would be great. lest drama in the manga is fine too!

• 1 month later...
Guest Stolen_waters

*warning: spoilers* --If you haven't read the manga yet. :)

Although I hate Takumi with a passion, I still want his relationship with Hachi to work out.

I'm also curious why they're not getting a divorce. I know they need each other despite everything, but I really want to know Hachi and Takumi's reasons. Gaahhh.... seriously, this manga is too heartbreaking and ANNOYING, but it's so addicting as well.

*My crazy side wants Hachi to die, so I can see Takumi's reaction. hehe I want him to suffer more.

v

lol. Although that sounds nice too, but I don't want Hachi to be all by herself. Since this is manga focuses a lot on the friendship between the two Nanas, it's possible that it will end with the two Nanas being together with Satsuki till the end. I still want Nana to be with a guy (Takumi to be more specific). Nana O. needs to learn that people have their own lives to live.

Also, I don't hate Reira; I pity her actually, but why does little Ren like her too? I mean he's so attached to her. I don't want little Ren to become the next Takumi. -_- He even has those scary-looking eyes that look like he's obsessed with Reira, and what's his relationship with his mother like? We've only seend Satsuki talk to her dad, but never little Ren to Hachi.

At least you enjoy rereading the manga, but I can't do it. lol Since I've just finished the latest chapter, I still get too depressed whenever I read it again. I mean, simply seeing Takumi with Reira makes me want to cry. LOL

Guest chopper!

^haha, i remember reading back some chapters that hachi might get a divorce, from one of those 'into the future' chaps x) she was deciding whether or not to.

mann i hope she does. honestly i don't want her ending up with any guy and just live happily with her child. the two guys can visit heir children when they want,end. XD LOL

i hope the mangaka recovers real soon and gets well<3 i'm rly enjoying this that i'm reading things over again and again~~

*My crazy side wants Hachi to die, so I can see Takumi's reaction. hehe I want him to suffer more.

v

lol. Although that sounds nice too, but I don't want Hachi to be all by herself. Since this is manga focuses a lot on the friendship between the two Nanas, it's possible that it will end with the two Nanas being together with Satsuki till the end. I still want Nana to be with a guy (Takumi to be more specific). Nana O. needs to learn that people have their own lives to live.

I think Takumi sees Hachi different from all those women he slept with, hence, marrying her. I even remember Takumi said, "If Nana leaves me, whereever I go, it will be a battlefield for me"...... and he then continue on saying he`ll take Ren, Naoki and Reira with him to the grave just let Nana and Satsuki have a good life. So we know this isn't just a onesided love of Hachi for Takumi. It's mutual....... it`s just that the way they express their love is peculiar.

I hate Takumi with a passion too but of all the guys Hachi went out with, he fits her best. I can say that this time Hachi has finally found a love she can fight for. She won't give up right away once things turn sour for her just like what happened with her relationship with Asano, Shouji and Nobu. and this is prolly why she doesn't want to file a divorce because she still fights for their relationship to work out. Maybe Takumi and Hachi just needs time to get things sort out. They're both broken........ Well TBH, all characters are broken. =.=

@your second paragraph: Now that you mentioned it, why do I get the feeling the manga will really end like that? God I hope not.

AUGH, it`s been a looong time since the series had been hiatus T____T

I miss NANA. I just recently bought vol 20 and god, it made me even more sad that I can't read any further than that.

VOL 21 comes out in July. LIKE LOL. Viz releases Nana once in 2 months and this is a first that they prolonged a Nana book.. Well, considering this is the last book so far.

The very last thing I would ever want to hear from Yazawa Ai is dropping this manga. I`ll be devasted. I love NANA so much. Even though Yazawa killed my favourite character, this is still my 2nd love next to Ayashi No Ceres T___T

this manga is WOW

WOW

I read it ages ago when I was 14 but I guess I didn't really understand the depth and the deeper meaning that Ai Yazawa portrays, So i gave up after one volume.

But I came back to it yesterday. AND OMG!! what can I say. IT is so beautiul. Ai brings out so much depth and realism in her characters. I feel as though I know and feel them. It's amazing really. So I'm really glad, to have left it when I was 14. And come back to it when I was more physically and mentally mature to read it

gotta say I love it.

all her works are AMAZING!

• 2 months later...
Guest NO NAME?

Current Condition of Manga NANA's Author Revealed

According to J-Cast, Josei Jishin magazine caught and interviewed Yazawa Ai when she returned home from the hospital. She said she is getting a lot better than before. "It's not an incurable disease. My doctor says it'll take long and I'll recover gradually." However, she also disclosed that she hasn't held a pen since she fell ill and the outlook for her return is still uncertain.

The serialization of NANA has been suspended since June 2009 due to Yazawa's illness. The name of the illness hasn't been revealed.

Source: J-Cast

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=203188

Guest peppermintsugar

I do believe that the main reason Takumi and Hachi stay together is simply Japanese tradition. They touched upon it in the series prior. He got her pregnant, so they should be bound by marriage there after. Basically, knocking someone up in Japan makes you life long partners. . .you're expected to not only get married, but to make it work. If not, the female is often looked down upon, which explains Hachi's unwillingness to leave Takumi even though she knows he is unfaithful and treats her poorly, especially in comparison to someone like Nobu.

Just my understanding of it. I really wish the series would get finished up ;^;

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest peppermintsugar

So, uh, does anyone know if it's ever going to be finished, or is she still just on hiatus? :/

• 3 months later...
Guest kayana20

The most amazing and heartbreaking series all rolled in one. This really is how life is for some women.I would not stand by Takumi he is an richard simmons and controls Hachi insecurities and she is afraid so she allows it. I always felt Ren would die he never could be strong for Nana. Sad but true.

So, uh, does anyone know if it's ever going to be finished, or is she still just on hiatus? :/

siiiiiiigh.

I read this on mangaupdates. she said

"I read a article about it, Ai Yazawa never gave a certain time when she's going to pick Nana back up. Ai Yazawa said she's doesn't know when she'll pick the manga back up or if she'll ever continue writing it."

oh noooo. now this depresses me. How can Yazawa Ai seriously think of giving up Nana after it ran for 21 books? Seriously. As much as I love Yazawa Ai, she must never do this to us. I'm so Nana deprived. I would have accepted an ending where they all died rather than leaving us hanging. I'm super super sad..........

I kept putting on hold to buy vol 21 from the bookstore just because I know re-reading the story will make me so drepress and I was soo right! I just bought like a couple of weeks ago, and wow, I shed tears for Ren and eveyone's losses over and over again. And it also made me remember how Yazawa left us. Time really stopped in NANA. And I hated it. Please don't make me hate you, Yazawa Ai.

Archived