[MANGA/ANIME] NANA

Guest NovaMania

i recently got obsessed with the manga. I can't believe Ren is dead! that leaves nana with like no one else. i mean yasu will be there for her and everything but it's not the same... --'' i think it's the manga that came closest to making me cry when yasu told nana "sorry.. i can't think of any words to save you" and breaks the news to her.

I wonder when nana decides to open the present (or will she ever?) and why she disappeared.. I'm sure Ren played a part but I don't think he's all of it. I feel like Hachi would do/say something that would make her want to disappear b/c then the peopel who are the closest to her will leave her. i hope they can find her and bring her back.. i kind of wish at the end she will reunite with ren through death b/c i can't imagine nana with someone else but then at the same time, i think ti woudl be heartbreaking if she really had died.

the younger ren is so cute! why is reira with him (and i guess takumi) i want her to be with shin! :/. shin's so hot when he grows up (and super cute in the past :]) it looked like hachi and nobu are somewhat together in the present time..? hehe i hope so. i like them together.

so much high drama.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad Nana was a little bit happy (that ending with her sleeping on Nobu was so cute) at the end of this last chapter.

But everyone knows a disastrous storm is about to come which just makes that moment unbearable sad too.

my speculation is ....

Nana will learn the circumstances that led to Ren's death. She will realise that

Ren's death is partially her fault. In a way or another, she will feel that she was

unable to breathe and maybe she will commit suicide. However, after an attempt

at it, the other Nana brought her back to life. the other Nana might be clinging

tight to her and trying to help her again. Unable to decide on dying or not,

Nana will go to England (?)

Reira was unable to accept the reality that Ren's gone and went to escape also.

takumi went with her since he is somewhat her guardian and brought little ren along.

Somehow, takumi and hachi can't even divorce.

So, they will have to find nana.

And to tell you the truth, I am not excited about nobu/hachi anymore.

I rather have takumi/hachi.

and I dont hate takumi nor reira. well, i am not sure what is takumi's real feeling towards reira.

i think he felt responsible for her, more like a guardian and rather, i think, he just want to keep

reira at his side no matter what, as she seemed to be with him from the start. and the reason

that she is with him from the start made it seem possible that takumi is just a guardian. of course,

i am sure there was some love in it but I think takumi will never be able to love someone fully.

with hachi, they are the same. hachi isnt someone that takumi can really control. hachi always have

a sanctuary with is being with Nana (room 707) she is by far the most stable character there.

even is she loses takumi, life will move on for her.

oh yeah. for takumi, life will move on for him too with hachi.

oh yeah, forgotten something. hachi always knew that takumi will have an affair.

as for reira, i dont believe that she is wrong at all. her involvement with shin seemed to be

for her an escape. she love takumi, so she subject herself to his wish. her singing and whatsoever.

the fact is, she really doesn't have anything but her dream which is singing. the difference between nana

and her is that .... reira doesn't have that much obstacle in being a singer but nana had them.

so, in this sense, nana is so much stronger than reira.

shin did a really bad thing too from stopping reira to admit that ren was picking her up and then,

having the accident that led to ren's death.

in this way, reira will be always in a trapped emotion, thinking that she killed ren

and without apologising, she will always being nagged.....

basically, why the long essay?

i can't bring myself to hate takumi or reira. that's all.

each to their own past.

in fact, i kinda like takumi and understand why he slept with reira.

PS : my 707th post here. ^^

Guest dinky-monkey

wait what, when did takumi sleep w/ reira? What chapter is that o_o; don't recall that happening.

O___o he never slept with her. They were only kissing I think...

Guest daisyink

I thought he did, though? I remember her begging and crying that he sleep with her, since she's in love with him. Though now that I think of it I don't remember what happened after that. .___.

^chapter 73 showed us the 2nd kiss reira and takumi had. (as far as my memory is concerned) takumi visited her apartment that night. we never knew what actually happened behind the closed doors, lol, but maybe they didn't do it? :unsure: cuz the scene followed soon was ren quitting the band.

Ok in this chapter I swear I wanted to punch asami in the face! she pissed me off lol it's good seeing nana and hachi being silly again haha XD

Guest Swtess

Back with what someone said about Hachi having twins. So basically the other one got carried away with Reira as Ren's replacement? Since the little guy is named Ren as well is he not?

Ok in this chapter I swear I wanted to punch asami in the face! she pissed me off lol it's good seeing nana and hachi being silly again haha XD

She's making me angry too but what can we do, just like a normal girl-in-love, she was just jealous knowing that her boyfriend has an unstable feelings for his ex-girlfriend. The story is really dragging too much. As much as i love NANA, chapter does take awhile to move forward. like this chapter, the only setting we had was the room that they were in. so slow.... im getting impatient to see the future with little ren and satsuki.

Back with what someone said about Hachi having twins. So basically the other one got carried away with Reira as Ren's replacement? Since the little guy is named Ren as well is he not?

I'm not really sure with your question. Did you mean as "other one" as Hachi or little ren?

I'm pretty sure little Ren is Hachi's son. however, whether satsuki and little ren are twins or not, I don't know. I just saw that as a possibility.

I'm quite sure that little ren is her son because satsuki labeled him as "oniichan". He can't be Reira's son or anyone else's in the story because at the moment, it's only Hachi who is pregnant and soon to be due (end of april; ren died in march). So it's mostly Hachi who named her first child, Ren, as a tribute to her late friend, Ren. Moreover, as well know, Takumi and Hachi are separated in the future so maybe little ren got closer to reira since they're living in england.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest daisyink

Just read the latest chapter!

1. I hate Reira. Everything just has to revolve around her, doesn't it? Seriously, she pisses me off and she doesn't deserve Shin's affection.

2. I love Hachi + Nobu, their scenes together were so touching. It must be DESTINY, just get together and make cute babies. I've loved Takumi ever since he took charge of the situation when Hachi got pregnant and cared for her (making it seem like he wasn't such a douchebag anymore), but it seems that everything went downhill after they married each other. I can't believe he chose Reira before Hachi, I now despise him.

3. I will never stop being shocked and sad that Ren died. WHY!? :tears:

4. I'm dreading the time when Nana freaks out and ditches everybody. Hachi will be so heartbroken.

I wish this manga could go on forever, lol, all the drama is so fantastic.

rofl, i agree with everything you said. and also, how is it possible that practically EVERY guy in the manga has been in love with reira!? everyone except nobu, that is. if her side of the story were shown more often i would believe it, but as it is now it just pisses me off. ditto with the shin thing. i think he would be much better off with someone more caring and kind--it's just what he needs after his troubled childhood.

i kinda want things to end like this: reira/takumi (those two deserve each other), nobu/hachi, and nana/yasu. now that ren's out of the picture it works out pretty neatly. i'm still sad he died though. ;____;

ughhhh, i really want to hit some of them though. the choices they make (like hachi going with takumi? WHAT!?) are so bad!

hurry it up with the next chapter, man!! D:

btw if ren is falling for reira, i am seriously gonna lose my mini cooper. ENOUGH ALREADY. can't nana at least have ren? Dx

if i were nana, i would be a little depressed too. it seems like reira is so passive, she never does anything for herself...she just gets things handed to her. whereas nana has to fight every step of the way and gets abandoned by her man. so unfair.

Guest miyuki013

the series is just getting sadder and sadder x.x I wonder if it will ever pick up again..i hate depressing stories but i'm already hooked.. but don't you remember when all of the characters were happy in the beginning? I wish it could go back to that.. how could ren die ;.; that was the worst.. everything started going down hill when hachi chose takumi over nobu x.x

Guest losborrachos

i personally never liked hachi with nobu. i feel like she's grown so much more as a character since being with takumi. nobu would've pampered her and she would've stayed the selfish, childish girl she was at the beginning of the series. i don't exactly like that takumi is having affairs, obviously, but hachi knew it would happen (and that it's happening). besides, whatever takumi has with sumika is probably purely physical, while hachi has feelings for another man. everyone has his or her own way of cheating, i guess.

but damn, this is so so so so depressing. i still can't believe ren died.

• 1 month later...

guys i heard NANA is once again put on hiatus for two months now :(

I heard yazawa ai has fallen sick again. oh wells, i hope for her speed recovery.

but if they keep putting it on hiatus, as much as i do not want to end NANA yet and God knows how much I love NANA, they might just as well end it right away. -_- It would be devastating for me to find out sooner or later if they would just have to discontinue NANA like that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest juicejuice

I love Nana... love the plot development... its so good... I got my boyfriend hooked onto series as well. I wish season 2 is out on anime....=(

One of the best one...:)

Guest Tatsumiko

I like the manga and anime of Nana (^_^)

Only the volumes after Hachi got her kids were kind off a letdown...i mean Nana couldn't even figure out that Shin is a beloved member that they can't ditch like that.

Nope Ren had to tell her. I always thought higher of Nana when it came to using her brain.

It was dissapointing to see that that had to put her in shock modus. >_> come on.

It could teach teens a good lesson if:

- Shin dies early of a sexual disease

- Yasu dies early of lung cancer

- and...well pretty much most of them that smoke like crazy : see Yasu

It would teach teens that no matter how pretty, smart or talented you are you can still get a life threatning disease. (^^)

hmm...its been a while so i don't know how hachi's been doing.

Archived