[MANGA/ANIME] NANA

Guest NovaMania

no volumes are out yet, the official english translation has just begun and is currently being serialized in the shojo beat magazine. :)

how can someone spoil the ending for you if the series hasn't ended yet? ?_?;;;

SPOILER well i personally don't think any of the two nana is gonna DIE. because the manga is after all narrated by both of them, each taking their turn. they can't narrate if they died huh? ^^; well i don't know that's how i see it... i still think there's something bad that's gonna happen though.

and hum about reira and shin... they probably won't stay together, but i doubt takumi would end up with reira. it just seems kind of out of character to me, because takumi did say he considered reira as his little sister. well, sure, a change of plot could happen, but i still think it's impossible. o__o ah so many possibilities. i love how yazawa ai works her characters.

*spoiler But in volume 12 where the story jumps to 4-5 years later, at the meeting at Hachi's place, Nana is NOT there and neither is Takumi. Shin is there and I don't think he is with Reira anymore. Hachi's child has black hair (means it's Takumi's child, not Nobu's).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hitomi

I stopped with the manga because I was so impatient to wait for the scans...haha but i reallly want to watch the movie =D maybe I'll resume reading it again...once all the chapters are scanlated so I don't have to wait and be like AHHH lol

Guest chocolate//

nana is my favourite manga~

i'm only up to chapter 34 though..

but i got impatient and looked for summaries of the next volumes :P

Guest tomodachi-

no volumes are out yet, the official english translation has just begun and is currently being serialized in the shojo beat magazine. :)

how can someone spoil the ending for you if the series hasn't ended yet? ?_?;;;

SPOILER well i personally don't think any of the two nana is gonna DIE. because the manga is after all narrated by both of them, each taking their turn. they can't narrate if they died huh? ^^; well i don't know that's how i see it... i still think there's something bad that's gonna happen though.

and hum about reira and shin... they probably won't stay together, but i doubt takumi would end up with reira. it just seems kind of out of character to me, because takumi did say he considered reira as his little sister. well, sure, a change of plot could happen, but i still think it's impossible. o__o ah so many possibilities. i love how yazawa ai works her characters.

ahh~ but i also read somewhere that if you look at how each of the Nana's narrate as the story continues..

--> Highlight: Hachi narrates in past tense.. whereas Nana narrates in present tense...

Guest yumi_shs

*spoiler But in volume 12 where the story jumps to 4-5 years later, at the meeting at Hachi's place, Nana is NOT there and neither is Takumi. Shin is there and I don't think he is with Reira anymore. Hachi's child has black hair (means it's Takumi's child, not Nobu's).

But but. I'm confused.

They're all there later on in the volume, and in volume 13. is that all stuff before they're 'gone'?

It sort of does look like that.. but I got a bit confused. Maybe I'm in denial because I dont want anyone to die.

ahh~ but i also read somewhere that if you look at how each of the Nana's narrate as the story continues..

--> Highlight: Hachi narrates in past tense.. whereas Nana narrates in present tense...

I think that's because it states their thought currently and also sometimes from their future standpoint. In Chinese translations though there's no past or present tense unless it's specifically STATED that she's talking FROM the past or present. Maybe the English translation is off or different?

But but. I'm confused.

They're all there later on in the volume, and in volume 13. is that all stuff before they're 'gone'?

It sort of does look like that.. but I got a bit confused. Maybe I'm in denial because I dont want anyone to die.

Spoiler I think that's because the story jumps into the future for a few pages (foreshadowing) and then back to the past again. I don't know why Ai did that. She probably wants to tease us a little so we'd keep reading instead of thinking that the story drags on for way too long. :o

SPOILER ah well i didn't read up to there yet unfortunately. ;_; maybe they just don't talk anymore... but then when someone mentionned the past and present tense, i got confused. o_O i read it in french too so maybe all the tenses get mixed up. i don't know. ^^ anywho, surely shin and reira didn't last, but hachi's child having black hair is hm natural i guess. i mean all asian kids are born with black hair right? LOL unlike many other manga, nana is quite realistic and so i doubt hachi or nobu's hair colour is natural. ^^

Guest yumi_shs

Ohh I see what you mean. But then there's me who forgot about the whole thing until it was mentioned here. >.< Maybe I should re-read the whole thing again :lol:

By the way, has anyone got the art book for NANA? Did you get the flyer and sticker inside it?? I got 2 each intead of 1 each!! XDD Am I lucky or is it meant to be like that? I felt lucky anyhow. hehe.

Guest NovaMania

just a thought on the whole foreshadowing thing... SPOILER~~~~~

I thought it was part of Hachi's imagination? I don't think Nana is going to die; in the chinese translations she's talking as if she's in the future; like "O Hachi, i remember you used to want a big house; how are you now?" I thought that the Nanas are going to separate and go their own ways but i don't think Nana will die. the story is probably a reminisce of their friendship and encounters (like a certain other manga... cough) i doubt ai yazawa will give the traditional perfect ending (happily ever after) but i don't think she's going to kill nana, her and ren are probably just not going to end up together)

Guest lady_muimui

I just started reading this manga. I finished ch. 34 last evening. Can't wait until the next chapter. Yasu :wub:

Honestly, I don't really like Hachi. I mean she's cute and cheery and everything but I don't like how she just sleeps with people when she feels lonely. <_< I thought she was best with Nobuo/Nobu/Nobou whatever lol. He was such a sweety with her. I mean what guy can beat "I will do everything within my power to make you happy" :wub: But I guess Takumi's attitude will set her straight someday.

Guest moonie_heejunnie

i'm stuck at chappie 53 from the chinese website. i'm gonna die now cuz the page is just not loading. gaaaaaaah.

Guest gegurihyol~

SPOILER

i read up to ch.49

and i dont think nana dies.

i just know that something major and bad happened.

someone said earlier that ren and nana dies like 'sid and nancy' but i doubt it cuz in the "future" (volume 12),

hachi saids that ren is gunna come later on

and hachi narrates that she'll be waiting for nana till she comes back.

and takumi and hachi dont end up together.

neither does reira and shin.

theres still some feelings <3 going on btw nobuo and hatchiiii

nanas not there maybe of something that has to do with her mom and her half sister.

at the end of ch.49 her sister goes to see nana..

maybe she tries to kill herself or tries to kill someone and she ends up in a mental hospital or something radical like that. hah

i hate reading chapters but i really want to find out after!

if someone knows clubbox or any other sites including those irc? channels that has chapters after 49, please tell me!! either english or korean. thkss

Guest yuki-chan

^ eh???!!!

u serious ... u read up the chapter 49? is it in korean ? ... if it is then i have no hope ... T_T;;

where did u read it from?

Archived