[DRAMA JAPAN 2007] プロポーズ大作戦 PROPOSAL DAISAKU

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maia-chan

19.3% to be exact.

But I don't think this is because of Yamapi himself. There's a lot of fanboys out there of Masami, and she's like the hottest young actress in Japan besides Juri Ueno. And there's Naohito Fujiki too who is very very popular.

And I think Pi will need acting lessons from Masami. You said Masami is old? Fine, but at least SHE CAN ACT WELL! Yamapi is not a credible actor, not yet. I think his acting in the first episode of Kurosagi is better than in the first episode of this drama.

And I think Pi will need acting lessons from Masami. You said Masami is old? Fine, but at least SHE CAN ACT WELL! Yamapi is not a credible actor, not yet. I think his acting in the first episode of Kurosagi is better than in the first episode of this drama.

hmm... while I agree that Yamapi has lots of room to grow (and he's only 22, so he has time) I like his performance so far in this drama. Personally, I thought most of Kurosagi was pretty bad (from all angles, not just Pi's acting). That's me putting it nicely. JMO.

Guest Maia-chan

hmm... while I agree that Yamapi has lots of room to grow (and he's only 22, so he has time) I like his performance so far in this drama. Personally, I thought most of Kurosagi was pretty bad (from all angles, not just Pi's acting). That's me putting it nicely. JMO.

Still, he has the most dramas among the younger Johnnys, meaning more training in the acting department, but between Dragonzakura and this one, I don't see a huge jump of improvement.

Kimura Takuya was hailed as one of the best young actors in Japan when he's only 22. I don't think see that happening to Yamapi in maybe 5 years time. There are also a lot of Johnnys out there who 'have been given time' since they were in their early 20's, but when you don't have enough talent, you just don't. I'm not trying to bash Yamapi here but let's face it, he's probably one of the worst leading actors in a drama right now.

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

Still, he has the most dramas among the younger Johnnys, meaning more training in the acting department, but between Dragonzakura and this one, I don't see a huge jump of improvement.

Kimura Takuya was hailed as one of the best young actors in Japan when he's only 22. I don't think see that happening to Yamapi in maybe 5 years time. There are also a lot of Johnnys out there who 'have been given time' since they were in their early 20's, but when you don't have enough talent, you just don't. I'm not trying to bash Yamapi here but let's face it, he's probably one of the worst leading actors in a drama right now.

Hmm... I agree that I do see lot of similarities between his later characters, but it seems more like the similarity is due to Yamapi bringing his own character to the role. Not sure if I'm making sense, but from what I've seen between Akira, Kursagi, and Ken is that they all have a little of "Yamapi moments" :sweatingbullets: . Nevertheless, I still enjoy watching him on screen and I do see some improvements. The expressions in his eyes when he watched her get married was definitely heart-wrenching for me :tears: (*my banner!*).

Guest choco-late

I watched the first episode today, I think it's going to be a great drama.

And it's also the first time I saw Pi smoking & drinking.

Hmm... I'm not saying that I think he has the makings of a really GREAT actor, but I don't think he's the worst, either. It's not impossible for him to make a big jump in improvement, sometimes it's a matter of having the right script and the right director to really pull it out of you. Judging only from interviews I've seen with him, and translations I've read online, as a person he seems to be very reluctant to express himself in public. To allow people in to know the real him. That may become a handicap for him if he continues to pursue a career in actlng.

That said, I'm still pretty new to J-drama and of the young JE actors, I think Kame is actually the best one I've seen.

Guest luluchan

Yamapi.... he's not awesome obv... ppl watch him cuz he's Yamapi... and I think he made SOME improvement in Nobuta wo produce... well i dunno he seemed less "stiff" about acting and relaxed and not just to show he is "cool idol" ~ but then to Kurosagi to now Proposal I don't see anything new... (nonetheless he's so cute)

For Yamapi,, actually it doesn't REALLY MATTER if he can act like well or not(I don't think he will get that good ).. the reason why he's casted is because he is "YAMAPI" and just look @ the ratings u will know what i mean ..,if someone else did Kurosagi.. DEF won't get these kinda ratings.... and this new drama...if Yamapi was replaced by say... Kamenashi... ratings would have flooked ... he's not a credible actor imo but he can definitely pull ratings with his face being there alone

Nagasawa STARTED out good (in Crying out love ). but now she's just FLOOK imo... she hasn't impressed me @ all since then....

and... about Kamenashi being the best young johnny's... i don't agree... he is in the same league as Yamapi for sure... not credible actor.....he is just the SAME person in all his dramas.. always trying to act like "i'm takuya-wannabe" (don't kill me) ... Johnny's WANTED to make him "big" but 2 seasons in a row showed that Kamenashi can't pull it off in making ratings high , not to mention ppl's comments about the dramas were pretty bad.... (he was lucky with Gokusen 2 and then Nobuta).... so I don't think he's going to make more drama in a while... he was kinda... a "fad" ...

and imo Ninomiya Kazunari and Matsumoto Jun (perhaps Takizawa too but Romeo and Juliet SUCKED) PWNS in the "younger johnny's"... they can actually "act" and not just act like 'I'm a hot johnny". and actually "do a good job" and not "just a face" . and they are like 83ers i think.. so just 2-3 yrs older than Yamapi and Kamenashi...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bk to Proposal daisakusen....

APPARENTLY the church scenes are in ALL the episodes.. so does that mean it's going to be back and forth each epi with a new photo??? i hope it doesn't cuz it seems boring like that!!!

Well, like I said, I haven't seen ALL the Johnny's yet, so of the ones I've seen, I like Kame the best. To me, his acting seems very natural, which is something I personally like. However, he was saddled with two not-very-good dramas last year. I don't think they flopped because he was cast in them, but because the writing and directing were poor (not to mention the fact some of the other cast members were VERY bad, again, IMO).

But, ya, back on topic, we've only seen one episode of Proposal Daisakusen, so I think it's too early for us to judge how Yamapi's performance will be. Again, I did think he did a better job in some of his earlier dramas than in the more recent.

Guest asianrice

I don't think it's very fair to compare Yamapi with KimuTaku. KimuTaku is praised to be Japan's number one actor (their "it" man), not just in JE but Japan in general- and that's hard for anyone to reach. Although I agree that Yamapi's acting isn't the best and lets just say that maybe he won't ever reach that "best" status, but not many do. At least his acting is tolerable to watch- I give him an average.

^ he still does taht lip/mouth thing uh like ...dont' knwo how to say it but most drama he has that...it's just part of himself...

I've noticed the same thing. x; I call it the 'Yamapi trademark move.'

After watching his different projects, a lot of his characters were very much the cool, nonchalant kind of guys. I think that sort of a role did not help him personally expand, while roles like Akira allowed him to search deeper for the actor in him. This is not to say that if someone else was in his position, they would be the same. This is just my own evaluation of Yamapi as an actor. X:v I think he has potential and while he may not be a master actor, his passion does not fail his actual performance. I hope he gets there someday... wherever the top may actually be.

Guest Maia-chan

I don't think it's very fair to compare Yamapi with KimuTaku. KimuTaku is praised to be Japan's number one actor (their "it" man), not just in JE but Japan in general- and that's hard for anyone to reach. Although I agree that Yamapi's acting isn't the best and lets just say that maybe he won't ever reach that "best" status, but not many do. At least his acting is tolerable to watch- I give him an average.

If you've read my comment thoroughly, I'm not comparing the now-KimuTaku to Yamapi...I'm comparing the then-22-year-old KimuTaku to 22-year-old Yamapi. KimuTaku is already so good when he was only 22, but Yamapi :blink:

Anyway, I think Nino is the best young Johnny's out there around that age. Even MatsuJun is not that close to Nino's caliber as an actor. Kame? Not even 1% close to Nino's greatness.

Guest strawberrynkiwi

is the subs out yet? i refuse to watch drama without subs, but all this talk about Yamapi's acting is making me anxious. :wacko:

Guest lilsh0rtnancy

^ he still does taht lip/mouth thing uh like ...dont' knwo how to say it but most drama he has that...it's just part of himself...

Yup yup. He pouts his lips. Have you watched a clip w/ his mom on a show? She does the same thing! They are very much alike.

I've noticed the same thing. x; I call it the 'Yamapi trademark move.'

After watching his different projects, a lot of his characters were very much the cool, nonchalant kind of guys. I think that sort of a role did not help him personally expand, while roles like Akira allowed him to search deeper for the actor in him. This is not to say that if someone else was in his position, they would be the same. This is just my own evaluation of Yamapi as an actor. X:v I think he has potential and while he may not be a master actor, his passion does not fail his actual performance. I hope he gets there someday... wherever the top may actually be.

For Kusano Akira, the director gave Yamapi the freedom to bring the character to life. I remember reading that Akira was original a very boring character, but of course now we all know and love Akira- thanks to Yamapi. But for Ken in PD, I'm not sure.

Yup yup. He pouts his lips. Have you watched a clip w/ his mom on a show? She does the same thing! They are very much alike.

For Kusano Akira, the director gave Yamapi the freedom to bring the character to life. I remember reading that Akira was original a very boring character, but of course now we all know and love Akira- thanks to Yamapi. But for Ken in PD, I'm not sure.

realy the the mom does that too? b/c i did watch the show ur talkign about...probably i was busy looking at Pi and tacky kkeke

oh and here's another clip promo

2007.04.16 punka - proposal daisukusen

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OIIIC34I

Archived