Official Kim Ah Joong 김아중

Cherryblossom18

Oh wow! She’s hanging out with Chae Jungan? :wub: Ahhhh! I’m very happy, she’s so pretty and blooming like those flowers ㅋㅋㅋ So our girl is into flower arrangement? <3

Tried to translate her Elle 2012 mag interview. ^_^

Kim AJoong Meeting in Cancun a Paradise on Earth

Healing in Cancun 1

The sparkling emerald sea under the transparent sunlight, the fine beaches, the rustling coral reefs and Kim AJoong. Meeting in Cancun, a rich Mexican resort, Kim AJoong emerged from yesterday's storm and stood facing the horizon of tomorrow, shining calmly on the surface of the water again.

Everybody would agree. When you go to Cancun you’ll see a paradise. But the journey to paradise was not smooth. She had to fly from Incheon, spend three mornings each in Narita Japan, Dallas USA before heading to Cancun Mexico in the afternoon. After traveling of about 24 hours the sun is setting down in Cancun. The local guide explains that the sun sets early in winter season. Cancun in the evening with its hot air blowing, soon revealed a dark light

Spoiler

It felt like you were enjoying the photoshoot.

In fact I like doing photoshoots. You don't feel any self-consciousness in the moment. If my face look complicated in this area I don't even think about it. I do not care if every cut does not come out well. Because eventually the best cut will be selected anyway.

It’s already been six years since the release of <200 Pounds Beauty>.

It was a successful movie and it is still considered my representative work but it was a very special work for me personally. It was physically difficult due to the special makeup and I felt like I was loved when I went to the scene even though I had to play my first solo as a rookie. It's like going out into the playground and having a good day? So I can’t forget the shooting scene.

Feel that there is something has changed since the last six years.

Actually when I started I was not afraid. I was satisfied with my work and was more confident than I thought I would be at first. However as more and more attention is paid to me I have become misunderstood, prejudiced and the process of being disconnected from the work I want to do has made me incomplete. I think I'm still incomplete to say that those experiences made me strong. I still thirst for good works and I blame myself for this more than I did in my rookie year.

Heard about the release of the latest film <26 Years> if it was made under the title <29 Years> in 2008 it would be your next film since <200 Pounds Beauty>. 

The whole script reading was finished and I went already to MT but it crashed about 5 days before we started shooting. It’s a real waste. Seungbum oppa was more sad because he waited longer than I did. There was a time when director Lee Haeyoung and the actors got together and talked about whether we could make it even like a play or a small budget movie with no guarantee. But it wasn't on a scale to do that.

The work you've chosen collapses right before the shoot, you had no second choice so there was a break in your activities for a while. 

Honestly there was a project that I waited for about 10 months before <29 years>. With the two films being canceled it is easy to have a gap of about two years. In fact my attachment to <29 Years> was very strong. I chose it not because of the historical background or the popularity of the manhwa but because I liked the characters so much. Sometimes after reading the scenario I can't help but feel like I want to see the character as if it’s like a real living person. 

You were chosen as one of the best dressers at the red carpet of Busan International Film Festival this year but it felt like seeing you in public after a long time.

It's been a long time since I don't often show up. But this was my first red carpet in Busan International Film Festival.

Thought you would have participated every year. 

I can not enjoy the red carpet because it feels burdensome to display. Of course I have attended other events at Busan International Film Festival. I don’t feel nervous at events like Star Road when communicating with fans.

Another reason to walk on the red carpet is your movie <My P.S. Partner> after a long time which is about to be released.

<My P.S. Partner> was from the free market at the Busan International Film Festival. I wanted to let them know what kind of movie I've done before the end of the year. <My P.S. Partner> is my first film in six years since <200 Pounds Beauty>. Actually I turned it down a few times for personal reasons. There was a tax evasion issue under my belt last year. I didn't mean to be ignorant of my taxes but I was to blame anyway. Beside I think there are a lot of bad gossips about me. It was so stressful at that time so I wasn't in the position to do it. I couldn't do anything. The scenario was interesting but I turned it down a couple of times because I don't think I should hold onto it. But the producers’ side waited a lot for me so it happened.

Have you ever asked them why they really want to cast you?

They said it wouldn’t work unless if it’s Kim AJoong. (laughs) In fact a former PD from <29 years> contacted me first as he was transferred to a PD in charge of the investment distribution. They asked me why I didn’t do movies these days, I feel heavy about it because I think it's my fault. So that's how I got my offer.

(trivia: ironic because 26 years and my ps partner was competing for the box office at that time :lol:)

source

Spoiler

I’m still finishing the part 2 of this interview :D

01AST012012112680036015227.jpg

01AST012012112680037015234.jpg

01AST012012112680038015241.jpg

01AST012012112680039015248.jpg

01AST012012112680040015255.jpg

01AST012012112680041015262.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

@sarangashia once again thank you so much for your hard work <3

Her photoshoot for elle 2012 is one of my favourite,Cancun's very beautiful and I remembered AJ said on section tv she saw a lot of newly wed couples there and felt like no one came here for work :3

about the part she mentioned 2 films she chose after 2PB,seems like AJ path at chungmuro is quite unlucky after the very successful 1st lead role.Recently,3 scenarios she chose before LUTYN also didnt go into the production :(

• Like 6

@curlygee It's not the girl from Miel resto. The picture taken at Miel was from few days ago.

@sarangashia I think AJ was invited by Merci beauty house. Looks like they had a gathering at Good Samarian Recipes (this place has a resto, cafe, garden, and flower arrangement studio by Zinna James).

Merci did AJ make up for Wanted and magazines photoshoot.

Here's an old picture of the CEO with AJ.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@siena hehehe, i only based it on her coat. Now that I zoomed it in, the girl at Miel has black and longer hair. ^_^

I've been meaning to ask this but hesitant... Can anyone explain what chungmuro means? :tongue: ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Thanks @sarangashia for the trans, as always. :lol: It would be great if they considered her again to do the 26 years movie but i guess that would mean no ps partner movie. 

Now I can see why there are gaps in her projects. 

• Like 6

@siena again thanks for the info :D you’re so good with the details 짱! 하하

@curlygee chungmuro (a street in Seoul) is like the Korean version of Hollywood, it symbolizes the Korean film industry. 

The part 2 contains a lot more personal answers from her. Love it! Enjoy Majoongies :wink:

Spoiler

Healing in Cancun 2

It was hard doing the drama <Sign>. A few people died in each episode, I always questioned the criminal and acted on such a heavy situation. I wanted to do a bright work that expresses women around my age then I met <My P.S. Partner>.

Do you empathize women among your age?

My peers around me talk a lot about getting married. Women in their late 20s and early 30s are in a different level of romantic relationship than those in their early 20s. As I enter in my 30s I am very determined to make compromises with marriage and I am worried about whether I will survive firmly on my job. (laughs) I wanted to do it because it is a natural reflection of the concerns of women my age. Actually the roles I played have not been commonplace since I had to face-off with plastic surgery, become fat then thin or autopsied a body and I became a top star in the drama.

Do you ever think you lost something after you became famous? 

Women say adulthood will bloom at around the age of 30. I actually overestimated myself as being quite bold and mature. I’ve gone through a lot in the past few years, it was too hard for me personally to look at people's faces. I thought I’ll be doing a ‘30-year old big feast’ but ‘samjae’ welcomed me all at once. (laughs)

(t/n: samjae- three years of misfortune in korean traditional divination practice) 

Are you strict with yourself?

I’m not lenient, especially when it comes to work. But except for work I am very lazy. I don't care much for my personal life. I love traveling though. 

Do you travel often?

Honestly I don't often leave just to travel. First, I avoid traveling on summer vacation season because it is very crowded. Once or twice during the winter around the end of the year?

You’ve lived alone in New York recently. How long have you been there, about a month or two?

Everything was my first time. Living alone, traveling alone and studying abroad. I really wanted to try it once and so now I think I can travel alone and go anywhere.

Any particular reason why New York?

As a matter of fact I can't drink much, I don’t go clubbing, I’m not dating anyone, so I have no place to relieve my stress. My friends are busy making money and dating so there is a limitation to meet each other. So I stayed at home enough to smell mold in my body. :lol::lol::lol: I hated it so much that I wanted to go somewhere. (Her honesty is something ㅋㅋㅋㅋ)

It’s a surprised that in fact your public image and real-life image is very different.

The characters that come in are often too burdensome. Actually when you look at my face you may think I’m good at having fun. I drink well, I enjoy nightlife, I like fashion and shopping, I know cosmetics well, you think I’m like that don’t you? (laughs) But it’s the complete opposite. I’m not faithful on that side. 

I guess you spend a lot of time alone. 

I usually spend my time reading books and watching movies. I like to eat, I like to find something delicious and I love wine. When choosing a menu, I feel like a gourmet when I asked for a different menus. My eyes were twinkling. (laughs) Eating good food is no less than buying good clothes. A good bottle of wine is better than buying a good bag. So when I go out of the country I buy a bottle of expensive wine. Recently I bought a bottle to drink with my <My P.S. Partner> team before the release.

Why do you like traveling?

I like to experience other cultures. I want to know what cultures are in foreign countries. When my peers go on a trip they want to go to ‘hot’ places like shopping malls and clubs but me I wonder about the ‘hottest’ performances and historical sites in the basement.

After all you're interested in people. 

Watching Mexican movies with this kind of interest is completely different from just watching Mexican movies suddenly. There must be some preconceived notions we haven't actually experienced. When you see a man eating burrito while dating in Itaewon and a blue-collar worker eating burrito in the street, I guess it makes a whole difference to see a guy who eats burrito on a Mexican film. In the end maybe I’m interested in people after all.

What are your interests now? 

I'm still in my late 20s to early 30s so it’s less likely to meet a variety of characters in my age. Besides, the scenario goes not only to me but also to many actresses so other actors can play it. So the creators who expressed their wish to work with me, I want to make sure I have something different to show to them aside from anyone else. 

img07.jpg

img08.jpg

img09.jpg

img10.jpg

img11.jpg

img12.jpg

source

AJ is a girl next door :D who likes to do ordinary things. Who loves to eat but doesn’t gain weight aaahhhhh Kim Ajoongssi tell me your secretㅠㅠㅠㅠ 

• Thanks 7

Allure magazine (2015)

23561757_1606310259428352_11947682673158

23559604_1606310179428360_53612420329466

23559733_1606310182761693_23285038416785

23517424_1606310186095026_78244777059340

23561374_1606310272761684_44837647995701

@sarangashia she seems really into good food and wine 

and this "I drink well, I enjoy nightlife, I like fashion and shopping, I know cosmetics well, you think I’m like that don’t you? " 

I totally agree :3 also think she's cool and dont expected she could be at this level of cuteness as we know now ㅋㅋ

:wub:

1520809057.gif

• Like 7

Loving her Elle interview!:wub: And this line actually made me laugh so hard,  "So I stayed at home enough to smell mold in my body."  Ajoongie~ just how lazy are you? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's so nice to know her personally and this proves that, outside work, she is just like us...except for liking food and not gaining weight! :D I wonder how much she eats, i eat with my plate full! Lol

Did she go on a diet for her Allure interview/photoshoot? The second pic@nancy131 shared bothered me a little cause her back looked so skinny. :unsure:

Btw, does anyone know the type of books AJ read? Thanks in advance! :*

• Like 7

@nancy131 @sarangashia

Isn't it too early for Summer collections? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I hope all collection gets sold out again, sold out fairy AJoong Kim!!!

@curlygee She specifically mentioned about Finding Flow in her bday V live. She said if you wanna learn how to be happy it's a must read book. Here's a brief introduction of the book

Finding Flow

She also mentioned a novel, Please Look After Mom 

It has English edition if you wanna read it.

Her nail artist friend said they had a girls night out. It's at SOHA Lounge at Hannam-dong. It's a highly rated bar, serve great cocktails and review said it's comfortable for girls. The nail artist said, she thought they couldn't finish a bottle of malt wishkey but they ended up finish it all. AJ friend said in the comment, did you two drink it all? The nail artist said, I finished it all by myself and now I still feel tired.

Since it's exclusively for members, looks like AJ gave her a membership as a gift? Because among the hashtags are #gift #thankyou

Maybe you can translate it better @sarangashia

• Like 6

@siena I think you got all the main points of her post and since she used slang words I can’t understand some of it :lol: But I’m sure the gift she meant is that Baccarat (jewelry brand), AJ gave them a jewelry lol omgg so generous ㅋㅋㅋ

Spoiler

iaTvEdW_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

One commenter asked if AJoong is not a good drinker and the OP replied yes, she drank it all by herself :D Guess our girl likes only wine :wink:

edit:

Ok so I found out that Baccarat is not only a jewelry brand but more of anything that is made out of crystal or glass. So it could be she gave them a wine glass lmao but I’ll assume she gave them a jewelry :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

25 minutes ago, sarangashia said:

@siena I think you got all the main points of her post and since she used slang words I can’t understand some of it :lol: But I’m sure the gift she meant is that Baccarat (jewelry brand), AJ gave them a jewelry lol omgg so generous ㅋㅋㅋ

edit:

Ok so I found out that Baccarat is not only a jewelry brand but more of anything that is made out of crystal or glass. So it could be she gave them a wine glass lmao but I’ll assume she gave them a jewelry :lol:

Baccarat also makes bottles for wishkey. I'm guessing the gift is a membership because she told her friend that she will take her there next time.

Another friend said on the comment, AJ can't drink well. The nail artist replied, yes I drank it all alone. @sarangashia ah you translated this. I think it's more of a statement than a question?

You should check her insta stories too. Looks like AJ drove her home too. (she didn't drive the car tho'). There's a video she took inside a minivan.

• Like 6

@siena Yea it’s more of a statement, he’s kinda stunned to know that she is not a good drinker based on his emoticon lol 

Spoiler

She didn’t drove bc she drink a bit too, but is this her car? the interior is quite nice haha So many happening nowadays with her, hoping for a casting news already ㅋㅋㅋ

DDfTOJX.jpg

• Like 5

@sarangashia

Since it looks like a minivan I think it's her working car? Remember she had a photoshoot yesterday. I assume it was her manager. Usually managers accompany their artists even after they done with a schedule. 

They also had Champagne. And the nail artist had a cocktail too. From their friend's comment I think the nail artists can drink a lot.

Looks like AJ only favor "sweet" alcohol like wine, beer, and champagne.

• Like 6