Official Kim Ah Joong 김아중

Cherryblossom18

Good day Majoongies! :D

Got something for y’all haha This is from her latest Marie Claire photoshoot. Not the perfection translation so sorry if there is any mistake :mellow:

Kim AJoong, Again

Actress Kim AJoong who honestly loved and faced her wounds from Joseon Dynasty to Modern era traveled across to San Francisco. Then she came back again.

It was an unexpected move. She returned to romance rather than genres like <Punch> or <Wanted> which are characters who are tough enough to build up her own presence and lead the story among men. However in the drama <Live Up To Your Name> she played Choi Yeonkyung who is not only a light character who easily falls in love and moves between emotions that are hard to sympathize with but also has a strong mentality that overcomes her childhood trauma. Kim AJoong who showed an impressive emotional performance as ‘Yeonkyung’ in both Joseon and Modern era recorded a fairly high ratings. After finishing her work she traveled to San Francisco on a short schedule. The answers after the trip were still filled with traces of anxieties and the mindset created during her long career. As they said traveling is the perfect time to meet yourself as a whole. So Kim AJoong came back like she is ready to accept any work.

Spoiler

You played in a romance genre after a long time. It seems that <Live Up To Your Name> is very different from <Punch> and <Wanted>.

<Live Up To Your Name> is also a multi-genre. We call it a medical time slip adventure drama. (laughs) But it wasn't something as dark as a thriller that was holding the overall tone of the story. Even so my character ‘Choi Yeonkyung’ was a shady character because of her traumatic nature and her desire to perfect her work while keeping people at arm's length. As she overcame trauma and started to love she became closer to people and became a brighter character.

What is the charm of a romance genre? I think I met Kim AJoong a much more familiar actor.

I am grateful (to everyone) for accepting it kindly. The fact that love is a theme that everyone can relate to and it seems to be attractive to have a friendly approach to a work or character. 

Do you still feel any regrets after finishing a work?

Every work has its moments. Every work leaves a taste of regret for different reasons. But I think it makes me realize a lot and grow up. I am both sorry and grateful for all my works including <Live Up To Your Name>.

You’ve been the goodwill ambassador for the Seoul International Women's Film Festival and mentioned concerns over gender issues in your previous interviews. Do you have your own beliefs and worries about living as an actress in Korea?

Honestly there is still a great deal we don't know about social gender issues. However I think the industry’s idea about this issue is not yet ready but I have only been honest with the unfortunate standpoint of the actors. I look forward to seeing more movies through the eyes of women as an actress and as an audience.

What is the difficulty of living as an actor? And what if you do not want to lose yourself?

It is most difficult and painful to realize that people who have trusted and opened their hearts to others looked at me in a different way. I hate myself for easily trusting people and struggling against it. Whenever I do that I recall my feelings I had when I first started acting. I try not to lose innocence and sincerity in acting. Under any circumstances I would like to maintain my attitude towards acting as if I was not hurt.

When is the happiest moment as an actor and when is the opposite? 

I am happiest when the viewers or audience understands the heart of the character I draw. On the contrary it is sad and upsetting when it is not. I doubt if I am doing well and I feel ashamed of myself.

Do you have thirst for work? 

I want to meet a work that I can admit I did well. Considering that even the best and talented actors and actresses say they feel sorry each time they finish their work, it is likely that I will come to meet such a work. I want to be an actor who is always a bit more improved in a good work and who has strong trust with the public.

This photoshoot was taken in San Francisco. What does Kim AJoong look like when she travel after finishing her work?

I’m not an actor or a celebrity. I’m meeting my whole self without any responsibility or role. I calm down my scattered mind, I feel more clarified and communicate well with myself. And If you travel with someone you can also plan interesting things to make good memories with them. It is important to make a memorable experience with whom you can sympathize a lot. After a while I will go to Napa Valley with my personal staff who I’ve been working with in <Live Up To Your Name>. I want to express my gratitude and enjoy my time. I will stop by my favorite winery and try to buy some wine. When I return to Korea I would like to share a glass of wine with my loved ones and have a good time.

Traveling seems to give special power to everyone. 

The journey to see and feel something new excites me. Then I feel ready to accept new things again.

It will take some time until your next work, but is there any genre or character that you particularly like?

I try to empty my mind and just see the work. Sometimes my personal intentions and desires would let me miss a good piece of work. I’m looking forward to meeting new ones with an open mind that can accept any genre or role.

source

Spoiler

mck_5a14c97d6a168-562x713.jpg

mck_5a14c9828320d-562x756.jpg

mck_5a14c987863b9-562x723.jpg

mck_5a2736d544a46-562x461.jpg

mck_5a14c978912b3-562x594.jpg

mck_5a2736d98fce3-562x758.jpg

mck_5a2736e412bdd-562x819.jpg

mck_5a2736deb11ab-562x744.jpg

mck_5a14c96262e00-562x743.jpg

mck_5a2736e97b855-750x493.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

@siena So pretty! and her cute bangs :wub:

Rough trans of the part 1 interview :D

Spoiler

A+G interview 1

A sensible summer vacation look

KAJ: Mission card

Please tell us a sensible summer vacation look

HHY: I always wear bikinis. 

[caption: WOO~ *쨍그랑* t/n: a clear sound when something metal/crystal drops on the ground]

HHY: Why do I hear a bottle breaking? Are you displeased? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

I tend to wear bikini with long cardigan.

HHY: I bring a jacket with me when I go to the city.

KAJ: I think it is necessary (jacket) when going to the city. A nice linen jacket is perfect for summer.

HHY: That’s right.

KAJ: Who sensibly made this! 

HHY: Heh! *flips hair* :lol:

KAJ: I think it’s pretty if the sleeves are rolled up.

HHY: If I wear it will I be like Kim AJoong?

KAJ: With the linen jacket you will become like Kim AJoong! :wink:

They’re so fun to watch together 하하하

• Thanks 5

Throw back pictures.

AJ & babies.

Spoiler

AJ with Park Min Su who played as Kang in LUTYN and HyunWoo in Wanted.

Spoiler

AJ with the late JongHyun of Shinee.

AJ with Ahn SukHwan.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1