Kim Bum Soo

Guest lenakeem

Guest adikkeluangman

[Who Will Succeed In America?]

Music site JukeOn held a survey from April 5 to 11 and 2,856 Netizens participated in it. Out of the total number of participants, 32.7% (935) voted for BoA, which made the Asian star rise to the number 1 spot.

Netizens thought that since BoA has successfully made a crossover to Japan, she can also take on the world. They believe in BoA's singing and dancing capabilities.

BoA is also enjoying popularity in an US UCC site Youtube, which guarantees that she has overseas fans. However, SM Entertainment, the singer's label, is not, at present, eying on the US market.

After BoA, sexy singer IVY ranked 2nd, with 25.5% (729) votes. Like Madonna and Beyonce, Netizens see IVY's capability in not only dancing but also singing.

Se7en, who announced that he will debut in the US in the latter half of the year, ranked 3rd with 17.4% (496) votes. Lee Hyo Ri ranked 4th with 15% (428) votes and Fly to the Sky's Brian, who can fluently speak English, ranked 5th with 9.4% (268) votes.

In December 2001, Kim Bum Soo rose at the 51st spot at Billboard Charts with his song "Hello, Goodbye, Hello", which is the English version of his Korean song "One Day".

Credits ~ Sportskhan + http://z12.invisionfree.com/Se7enth_Heaven/

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Times really flies off.

Happy 30th Birthday Kim Bum Soo on 26th January. May god bless you and stay healthy.

Some pictures during in army now. Some are not recent. Can't wait for his comeback. He will be discharged from army on April.

2002043559752020919_rs.jpg2002004540461272021_rs.jpg2002076213530225064_rs.jpg2002060366527506980_rs.jpg

c: naver + adikkeluangman

• 1 month later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Bum Soo, soon to be discharged

March 19, 2008

2004542316743426281_rs.jpg

On the 28th, Kim Bum Soo is going to be discharged from his service in the obligatory national defense duty.

Fans will just have to wait until around May for his 6th album for Kim Bum Soo will immediately work on the album under his new label, Polaris.

The “Singer Without a Face” Kim Bum Soo debuted with the song “Promise” and delivered hits like “A Day” and the theme song of the drama “Stairway to Heaven.” His 5th album “Remember Kim Bum Soo 5th & So Long…” was released days before he enlisted in active service duty on April 3, 2006. After enlisting, he served in the Ministry of National Defense and did many programs for the National Military Broadcasting.

Source: Yonhap + krnloop

• 3 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Korean Singers to Participate in 'Hallyu Music Festival' in Japan

2008-07-03

080703_ent_1.jpg

The popularity of young Korean singers are soaring in Asia, especially in Japan.

The Korea Japan Cultural Exchange said it plans to invite some of Korea's most talented artists to the "Hallyu Music Festival" slated to be held September 3 in Shibuya, Tokyo. Among the artists who will likely take part in the special concert are Kim Beom-soo, Wheesung and the group Paran.

Kim, who attended Jiseong's first fan meeting in Japan in May as a close friend, also took part in recording the original soundtrack of the Korean film "Sukmyeong" in Japanese. Kim also plans to officially launch his music career in Japan.

c: KBS Global

-----

He looked so thin on latest pictures of him and also he already performed at Open Concert. But he messed up a bit on the beginning. :sweatingbullets:

• 1 month later...
Guest Crispy

He's back! Kind of.

I just heard Dynamic Duo's new digital single, Good Love, and heard some familiar vocals.

There was a featured artist singing in it, but it wasn't tagged in the title name.

But once the voice started singing stronger, I had a strong suspicion that it was KBS.

Then, the ad-libs came -- that cemented it.

I think it's KBS's first recorded activity since he came back from the military! ;D

Guest adikkeluangman

^Yep, he is back with new album. I so waiting for this after 2 years. He even don't have proper promo for th album. I will check out about Dynamic Duo album. Since my Korean is limited n stuff. After his service his supposed to have a concert in Hawaii but it was cancelled/postponed due to working permit. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Kim Bum Soo first recorded activity was not Dynamic Duo but collaboration album.

crywithusqf5ir9.jpg

Various Artists - Cry With Us

Release Date: June 24, 2008

Language: Korean

Genre: Pop

Artist: Various

01 Cry With Us (함께 울어요)

He on 0:46-0:56. Not sure with other songs in the album coz I don't listen to all.

nisi200806170007013658wwz0.jpg

274010btb2.jpg

Guest adikkeluangman

I so hyper + happy on his comeback. Hope that he will perform on regular music show. His move co or made new one. Changes his glasses n stuff. It like a best thing for me this year.

All news on him about his comeback. If someone can translate for some of the news is really appreciate.

20080819025041337070257ah5.jpg20080815115028812d51200ea3.jpg

20080818080000154g60825lg3.jpg20080818080000155g60825fy5.jpg

20080818141014698151412pw0.jpg20080818142303753151424uy9.jpg

20080818142308757151424fd0.jpg20080818142709785151433ox7.jpg

20080818142318752151424ve4.jpg20080818080000154g60825gm8.jpg

20080812071524993010839qv1.jpg

20080812071524993010839nu1.jpg

^He looks like Kim Gun Mo here. :blink:

c: as tagged + adikkeluangman

Guest Crispy

Kim Bum Soo first recorded activity was not Dynamic Duo but collaboration album.

Oh, right! I forgot he was in it. (even though he has most of the ad-libs)

I love his glasses, too! They look so dorky. ;D

He totally reminds me of Jang Hye Jin in those pics. ;p

Guest adikkeluangman

Crispy; Yeh, his glasses are way too dorky with thick glasses. And his looks old school. OMG. What happen to him actually. ha ha ha... :rolleyes:

1bin; You're lucky. I just surfed and found out that he will be held concert on 17-25 October. More info HERE. If he ever come to Malaysi to perform. I will be the first one to buy with the most expensice ticket. :)

Anyway here are caps from YTN interview with Kim Bum Soo n JiSung. He actually have people with talents n popularity to act in his MV.

200807161047311416swmv0df9.jpg200807161047311416swmv0oc5.jpg200807161047311416swmv0gu4.jpg

^He wear different glasses here.

You can get the link at JiSung thread HERE.

More news on him today but I just random google n found out that. Sorry if got mistranslation. But many that I don't understand.

- His idol is InSooni.

- YooBin of Wonder Girls also rap in his album and also other artists.

- His had many fans during his service since he doing army entertainment stuff.

- He also took part in the MV or something. Talking about Olympic n Korean food.

- He also said that before he become famous as in doing appearance during/started in 3jib. He took public transport to go everywhere and people/fans not recognized him n he can observe them more. I knew I saw the clip way before this.

20080819090828804f30926ha8.jpg20080820080333937f30852oe9.jpg20080820073300752f30739dc2.jpg

^He looks so cute. Yeh, I'm ready to conquer the world.

I think it was the same photoshoot as my previous post. Just change the clothes n background only.

c: as tagged + adikkeluangman + JiSung thread.

As for now, I still not DL or watched the MV yet. Maybe I will DL both later n only listen to the album when I have the money although maybe (hope not) it will be like next year. LOL.

Guest adikkeluangman

I think for this time he went all out to promote this album since his 5th album he can't do much coz he been in army few days after the released. I just random translate news using google n found out that his album in top 10 in wuteva that had Big Bang is.

Some news: Seriously I need someone that translate the news accurately.

- He hope to break US market or something just like last time with Hello GoodBye Hello that entered Bill Board Chart US on 2002. This is English version for Haru.

- The title song is continuation from BoGoShipDa.

- He want to try different music

200808210008160id6.jpg20080821091754612c30951tz7.jpg20080821081224956b60818gh0.jpg20080821081224956b60818me7.jpg

Guest adikkeluangman

News: YooBin to be featured on Kim BumSoo’s new album

Kim BumSoo’s new sixth album will have a featuring by Wonder Girls’ rapper, YooBin.

Veteran singer Kim, recently returned from military duty, is entering into his preparation for his Comeback. Kim is already famous for his songs that have appeared on various drama OSTs, especially for the hit song “BoGoShipDa (I Miss You)” from Korean drama “Stairway To Heaven”.

kimbumsooji9.jpg

YooBin will be rapping on the song entitled “Do You Know That?”. Also appearing on the album is Wonder Girls’ good friend, Younha, who will be singing a duet with Kim on “A Tug Of War”.

The last time YooBin did a featuring was on Andy’s “The First New Dream” album.

source: YeonHap news + wgjjang.wordpress.com

-----

Kim Bum Soo feat. Yoo Bin - Do You Know That?

August 19, 2008 by coolsmurf

Kim Bum Soo’s 6th album titled Kim Bum Soo was released today. As reported earlier, Wonder Girls member Kim Yoo Bin is featured rapping on one of the tracks from his new album, track no.8 titled Do You Know That?

Sounds really soothing already on first listen. This is Yoo Bin’s second collaboration following her first with Andy from his first album.

c: coolsmurf

+++++

For this album he collaborate with female rookie artists. On previous albums he had working with other male singers like Park Hyo Shin and one rapper. I hope and wish that he will work with Wheesung. :) When he will perform on music show. I can't wait to see that happen.

Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Bum Soo Vol.6 - Kim Bum Soo

kimbu10th0.jpg

Release Date: August 19, 2008

Genre: Ballad

Artist: Male

ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!

From YesAsia:

The unforgettable, soothing voice behind such hits as Bogoshipda ("Miss You"), Haru ("One Day"), and a string of hits from soundtracks for dramas like Damo, Emperor of the Sea, and of course Stairway To Heaven, Kim Bum Soo makes another big splash with his sixth album. For those who have been wondering about the whereabouts of the singer, Kim has spent the past few years dutifully serving out his military obligation. Now, get ready for more action as Kim presents his latest album filled with various sounds that range from ballad and electronic to country and hip-hop. The principle track Seul peum hwal yong bop ("The Practical Usage of Sadness" - Track 2) paints the daily struggle of a lovelorn man who tries everything in his power to move on from his bygone love but finds himself trapped in deep sadness. Producer Hwang Chan Hee, most famous for Kim Jong Kook's hit Han namja ("One Man"), takes charge of the album's entire production, bringing his soulful and rhythmic touch into each cut.

From Soompi:

Kim Bum Soo has returned with his sixth album. Kim, who has done many ballads over the course of almost ten years, has decided to try different genres for this new album. These genres include ballads, electronica, country, and hip-hop. “Sad Inflection” is the title track and it is about one man who is full of grudges, longing, and hurt due to a loved one who has left. It shows how this man spends his days trying to forget. The entire album was produced by Hwang Chan Hee, who gained much fame with Kim Jong Gook’s “One Man.”

Track List:

01 Intro

02 슬픈 활용법 SeulPeum HwalYongBop [The Practical Usage of Sadness]

03 Smile Again

04 줄다리기 [Tug-of-war] (With YounHa)

05 사랑아 [Love]

06 Interlude (시간이 남겨 놓은 이야기...)

07 굳은 살 [Callus]

08 Do You Know That? (Feat. Wonder Girls YooBin)

09 쉬운 이별 [Easy Breakup] (Feat. JooSuc)

10 마지막까지 [until the End]

11 Without Your Love

12 님아 (SGT. Kim) [Dear]

13 빛 [Light]

14 은혜로 [With Grace]

15 슬픈 활용법(MR)

c: YesAsia + Z-Degrees + Soompi

Guest adikkeluangman

1986561fsj0.th.jpg

Dynamic Duo - Good Love EP [Digital Single]

Release Date: August 11, 2008

01. Good Love

1257017039td3.th.jpg

Dynamic Duo Vol.4 - Last Days

Release Date: August 21, 2008

Genre: Hip Hop

Artist: Male Group

09 Good Love (feat. BSK a.k.a Kim Bum Soo)

Listen: HERE

Performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcKh5dNfuEM

-----

The First Rap that Yoo Bin Produced Was For…

August 26, 2008 by coolsmurf

For her sunbae Kim Bum Soo 6th album comeback, Yoo Bin took to producing her first rapping composition and also featured in the track as a present.

In a Sports Hankooki interview, Yoo Bin expressed, “I featured on (Kim Bum Soon) sunbaenim’s album by rapping for one of the tracks. I was a little nervous because he is a singer that I liked very much. But I finished recording it happily. This is particularly meaningful to me because it was my first time writing a rap.”

When Yoo Bin received the invitation to do a rapping for Kim Bum Soo’s album, it was where the Wonder Girls was at their busiest with their “So Hot” promotions. But because he was a sunbaebim that Yoo Bin liked very much, she accepted and even wrote the rap, showing another talent of hers.

Yoo Bin added, “This was Kim Bum Soo’s sunbaenim comeback album after a long break from serving the country. It’s just a little something from me but I hope that the rap will make his album shine even brighter”. The Wonder Girls will resume their full-scale activities in September with their mini-album.

It’s great to see Yoo Bin compose her own rapping for a sunbaenim singer like Kim Bum Soo. We have seen Ye Eun sing her self-composed song for fans at the 2nd Wonderful fan meeting. Talented girls they are.

c: coolsmurf

Guest redevilica

available in CB

:lol:

http://clubbox.co.kr/wackycashew

Do NOT take this HQ cut out of this clubbox. Thanks! :D

Kim Bum Soo - I Miss You + Talk + Nima + The Practical Usage of Sadness + Good Love with Dynamic Duo on Yoon Do Hyun Love Letter (2008-08-29) [cashewmania].avi [276.0MB]

NEW files uploaded to wackycashew cb from 28 Aug - 4 Sept. Please download from there

Er, not sure if I got the "Nima" song correctly. If it's not the title, then please PM me and I'll change it :) thanks

Guest adikkeluangman

The last week show was awesome. Kim Bum Soo as the first singer. Woot. This is his first TV performance for new album. :D Audiences also sang with him and waved along during Bo Go Ship Da. I wish I in that studio too. This is what my friends told me during the talk. I wish that he wear more colour clothes. LOL.

When he first come to perf during 3rd jib, PD n other staff always mistakes him for Kim Bum Soo manager. They even asked him to sang first just to make sure this is the right person. During the services he also in army entertainment group and same with Moon Hee Jun. Although they were same age but MHJ is the sunbae in the industry. YDH teased him on his high notes. They talked more on his upcoming concert. The venue small because he want to feel close to his fans He sang for his girlfriend or fans. I don't know :tears: Seriously I love his voice. Last song with Dynamic Duo is awesome...

969563934033mt6.jpg

2008083000220010011lu6.jpg

Part 1 Kim Bum Soo at 080829 KBS Yoon Do Hyun Love Letter

Part 2 Kim Bum Soo at 080829 KBS Yoon Do Hyun Love Letter

Part 3 Kim Bum Soo at 080829 KBS Yoon Do Hyun Love Letter

Archived