Skin Care Routine

Guest supermonkey

Guest splendidlure

wow. I don't use alot. I'm still only a teenager =o

I wash my face day&night. Sunscreen. Proacive Acne treatment. Diet&Exercise.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have combination skin... I never had acne or breakouts until my 2nd year of college (about 19 years old). it's not horrible but i get the occasional zit or two just before or around my period. but otherwise, my skin is pretty clear... just gets rather oily at the end of the day, so i have to use blotting sheets.

i switched to Cetaphil facial cleanser a couple years ago... another cleanser i really liked is Purpose. i use Cetaphil because it's a much better value... I can get a huge bottle for under $10, and I usually buy from Ulta with a coupon (so it's even cheaper).

i exfoliate with the aspirin mask (sometimes i use it with aloe gel or honey) 2-3 times per week... but now that it is getting colder, and my skin tends to get really dry, i do it more often (more like every other day). i also use clinique moisture surge on my face... it's not overly greasy, and combats dryness well enough. i'm still on the lookout for a better moisturizer, though.

i've also been drinking a lot more water and tea... i've cut out a lot of sugar and junk from my diet overall, and i've noticed an improvement in my skin/complexion overall.

i've been thinking of getting the clarisonic skin care brush... it's expensive ($195 before tax), but i've heard a lot of good things about it. i'm hoping to find a better deal online somewhere, and will try it out.

Guest moomoocows

i read an article that it's not good to mix your sunscreen w/ a moisturizer cause it could dilute the power of the sunscreen.

so does this only apply when you add sunscreen into a bottle of moisturizer and not when you use the moisturizer first and add sunscreen separately afterward?

http://www.vivawoman.net/2009/07/22/6-comm...reens-answered/

Guest happygolucky

morning: i just use water to wash my face and i apply neutrogena moisturizer with sunscreen

night: remove my makeup with ponds towelettes

exfoliate with laneige strawberry peeling gel

wash my face with olivia's care olive oil soap

moisturize with shiseido white lucent softener and emulsion

and apply a essence (sheet) mask as i go to sleep

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Annabel_Elric

1. I start off with Bliss's Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing mask.

2. Spray on Kiss My Face Anti-Oxidant Toner.

3. Moisturize with Liz Earle Superskin Moisurizer.

Sometimes I use a scrub, such as TESS strawberry Rise 'N Shine.

Guest suebaee

In the morning I...

1.Wash my face with biore with vitamin E

2. Use Acne serum

3. Then redness or skin tone evening creme then my makeup routine

At night I...

1.Use my apriocot scrub in the shower

2.Wash my face with bior with vitamin E twice to get off all my makeup

3.Then I use my acne serum, redness and skin correcting creme

4. Moisturize

Guest rollie_pollie

Morning:

Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser by yves rocher

Deep cleasing gel with pure calmille by yves rocher

vitamin E enriched lotion

Night:

St Ives exfoliatant

Deep cleasing gel with pure calmille by yves rocher

Ultra Clean Purifying Cream Cleanser by yves rocher

vitamin E enriched lotion

I just started using Yves in october but I really like their products. They don't dry out my skin but it keeps my skin from getting oily throughout the day even when I wear my make up. and the exfoliate I use in the morning isn't too harsh so if I run out of my night stuff I can still use that one. :)

Guest AppleOfMyEYE

I had a serious acne problem when i was younger! It roughened up my skin.. I let it get too far! I got cured though :D

I'm convinced that if you use serious cleansing soaps and stuff it's bad for your acne. What happends is if you have an acne problem your skin is usualy a more fatty-type skin. When washing it with soaps and stuff your skin gets totaly rid of the fatty-acids on your face. At that point your skin starts making even more fatty acids to fill up the lack of skin-moist. At this point your skin produces fat-acids twice as fast which means your skin gets more greased up. It may be a temporary fix, and god-forbid if you miss one day of cleaning.

It's the balance in your system that needs to get fixed. Use softer, less agressive products. Usualy in combination with medicine that reduces the hormones that produce these acids it is a good fix to come through puberty without too much problems with acne.

Also if it's too late, A wonder-product which beside the medicine was the only product that worked for me was Snail-slime. It sounds gross but it has regenerating elements that cure your small scars significantly!

Good luck pimple faces ! ;)

EDIT: short version: DO NOT USE ORDINARY SOAP, it sucks

I think skin produces oils, not fatty acids, which are usually ingested because our bodies cannot make them.

I use soap on my skin everyday. I use soap called savon de Marseilles, which is the mildest soap i've ever used.

• 1 month later...
Guest mukinsvivi

Fifteen year old gal here

:D

Morning:

-Cleanse: The body shop Tea tree gel cleanser

-Apply Clinique turnaround concentrated serum

-Moisturize with Clinique dramatically different lotion

Night: (I do kinda a lot XD)

-Drink 2 bowls/cups of water before i begin :D

-Cleanse with t.b.s tea tree gel cleanser

-Cleanse once more with Aveeno oatmeal bar soap

-Tone with Shiseido pureness softener

-Apply clinique turnaround concentrated serum

-Moisturize with clinique d.d lotion .

Guest dorkiimee

im 15 :S

oily t-zone , suffer from a couple of pimples & big pores :S altho no blackheads (anymore) & SENSITIVE SKIN

im actually wayyyyy better than i was when i was a little tweenie == but it took alot of different skin regimes & medication creams , oh the drama TT

morning - splash my face with water & add GREEN TEA ! (creds. to my cousin for recommending it to me)

night - splashhh with water , greentea & medication on the pimples still remaining which only seem to pop up during the special time of the month .

& exfoliate with redwin gentle facial scrub twice a week :) and yuckyyy egg mask once a week for my stupid pores haha !

Guest Liandon

-wash my face with water, using rexall ph-balanced cleancer

-moisturize with kiehls oil-free moisturizer

and then once a week, I use kiels white clay mask

I also drink a lot of water, which is now oing wonders with my skin!

i read an article that it's not good to mix your sunscreen w/ a moisturizer cause it could dilute the power of the sunscreen.

so does this only apply when you add sunscreen into a bottle of moisturizer and not when you use the moisturizer first and add sunscreen separately afterward?

based on that logic, i think it will be fine applying sunscreen after a moisturiser once it's dried and absorbed into the skin.

however i'm not sure if the ingredients in a moisturiser would affect the screening power of sunscreen chemically when mixed together (google didn't help). under that assumption, both methods are fine.

Guest lightangel

I'm 17

Morning:

Wash my face put on Aveeno face lotion either with spf 15 or without. I have both.

Night:

Wash face with Aveeno foaming cleanser. Wash with cold water.Pat dry and put on Aveeno face lotion without spf. If I feels like my face is going to be tired in the morning I use Olay night hydrating cream...the purple one. This thing is so good! My skin feels so soft in the morning!

Sometimes i dot the places with pimples using ace cream

Weekend:

Both morning and night I would use Bio oil.

haha.. since my face was not that clean (cuz i have whiteheads and blackheads) my dermatologist consulted for me their products (of course)..

on the morning:

Anti-acne Wash

Clearing Toner

Total Sunblock Cream

Fluoderm Cream ^^

on the evening:

Anti-acne Wash

Clearing Toner

Retimycin Solution (that gently peels my dead skin.. and makes my skin look younger!)

alternate use of Bearberry Cream and Derm-C Cream

and then

Fluoderm Cream..

and if i have pimples:

i will add my erythromycin solution..

haha.

lots of medicine to cure my baby pimples. ^^

Guest perezosa

i wanna switch my morning routine (have used it for 6 months), but for now:

- morning: clean and clear - deep cleansing, oil control toner, moisturizer

then after a few minutes, i now put oxy oil control moisturizer w/ spf 15

- middle (when i start to feel oily) - clean&clear oil control blotting sheets w/ spf15 powder (i like it), and then i spray my face with evian water spray

i use to use oxy face wipes, but i think my skin may be better without that.

- night: used to use neutrogena wave, but then i changed to eskinol's ice pore therapy scrub + toner, and i love the way it feels on my face.

every other week or so, i use a nivea mask for exfoliating, but i want to get the apricot scrub thing.

Guest bedethuong12000

My skincare routine:

1. Wash face with Sukin Natural Cream Cleanser

2. Toner- Apple Cider vinegar and green tea

3. Rosehip oil

4. Moisturizer- Sukin Night Cream

5. Algorie night gel (cant remember the exact name,a French skincare brand)

6. Vitamin E oil- i get the oil from the capsule and apply it on the face for my scars. this stuff works and is so much better for your skin than using Bio Oil.

For the masks, i usually use Green tea, Oat meal and Honey masks OR baking soda mask. they are so simple. but the honey mask is quite messy.

To exfoliate, i make this scrub from brown sugar that is similar to SkinFood Black sugar scrub but much gentler. the ingredients are Apple cider vinegar, Brown sugar ( i wouldnt use RAW sugar, as it "might be" to harsh for your skin), 1 capsule of vitamin e oil, and a little bit of jojoba oil for moisturising, a teaspoon of Lemon juice, honey. ( i think thats all the ingredients that i used, i tend to try to create new DIY scrubs and masks so i just put whatever i have and like LOL). I use this scrub about 3 times a week.

wow, I really need a routine lol.

I just wash my face with a washcloth and I'm good, but .. it's not working rofl.

I used to use clearasil but .. ehh ... and I used this st. ives papaya stuff but it makes me break out.

*looks through pages of this thread*

Archived