Jung Yu-Mi 정유미 (1983)

Helena

Guest lisante

Someone please ease this nagging curiosity in my head.

I just found out that this girl was in A Bittersweet Life but I haven't seen it in a while... What character did she play? I only remember one major female role in that film!

256tzpg.jpg

2db2gzr.jpg

1jw1vs.jpg

• 6 months later...
Guest lisante

From the press conference of Jeonju Digital Project 2009. She recently finished two Hong Sang-soo films. I think she is still doing Jung Sung-il's first movie.

20090113122213.480.0.jpg

20090113122213.090.0.jpg

200901131206076799393A_18.jpg

200901131210171003_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest riceavocado

I really loved her in Que Sera, Sera and I hope to see her in a new drama sometime in the future.

• 1 year later...
Guest yourasthma

im not into eric mun but i might consider watching QSS now because she's in it. she's surprisingly very likeable and versatile. i've watched billion and although i cant recognise her, i rmbr her character very well. and she has a tendency to act with the same actors and directors, which to me anyways implies that she is a good-natured person who easily gets along with others - the type you want to work with over and over again.

Guest yourasthma

loved her since QSS ... but unfortunately she's very underrated here! :( hope to see her in a new long drama

btw , I love his last drama special "The Great Kye Choo Bin" blush.gif

oh hello, i just replied to ur post on the KSY thread. hello, the girl who!

interesting name to the point that i didnt know whether or not to add a full stop after your username so i decided to press 'enter' haha.

oh hello, i just replied to ur post on the KSY thread. hello, the girl who!

interesting name to the point that i didnt know whether or not to add a full stop after your username so i decided to press 'enter' haha.

hello yourasthma, nice to meet you! ^_^

:lol: LMAO ... well , some people asking me for my nickname , but is only in honour to my fav band and their best production so far ::

TheManWhoTravis.jpg

:wub:

Jung Yu Mi to attend 67th Venice International Film Festival

2010082416085092992_1.jpg

Korean actress Jung Yu-mi will be attending the 67th Venice International Film Festival next month, according to her agency N.O.A Entertainment on Tuesday.

N.O.A announced in a press release that Jung starrer "Oki's Movie" will be screened as the closing film of the Orizzonti Award Ceremony, a category which recognizes films that reveal the new trends in world cinema, on September 11.

The Venice film fest is an annual event which first opened in 1932 as a part of the Venice Biennale, a biennial exhibition and festival for contemporary art. This year's festival will take place from September 1 to 11.

"Oki's Movie," is famed director Hang Sang-soo's eleventh film, about a college student named Oki (Jung) who majors in filmmaking and makes a movie about a young man (Lee Sun-gyun) and older man (Moon Sung-geun) that she dated.

The cast of "Oki" have previously worked together with director Hong for his short film titled "Lost in the Mountains" in 2009.

The actress will be staying in Venice, Italy from September 8 to 11 with director Hong Sang-soo and actor Lee Sun-gyun, where they will be attending various press conferences and receptions during the film fest.

Jung, 28, made her debut in 2004 starring in the film "How To Operate a Polaroid Camera." She has starred in numerous movies including "The Room Nearby" (2008), "Like You Know It All" (2009) and most recently in "My Dear Desperado."

source : 10 Asia

recent pics :

24104441609_60800040.jpg

20100824_1282633092_2.jpg

wooklee201008241442320.jpg

she's soo lovely! blush.gif!!!

credit as tagged

• 1 month later...
Guest sputnik451

What has this beautiful lady got up to recently? I am no means a drama type, but Que Sera Sera really caught me off guard and thrusted all my prejudicial views of korean drama being, -draggy, weepy, and unvisionary- out the window and right away into the Alantics. It was seriously just THAT great! Jung Yu Mi is definetly up to par with some of the greatest actress in Korea, and I mean the likes of Bae Doona. (which says alot about her talent, since Doo Na is my ultimate bias)

IMHO she looks GORGEOUS with short hair; cute and untainted. :D

I just adore girls with short hair in general hehe...

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone.

Just dropping by with this piece of news. ^^

Gong Yoo and Jeong Yu-mi to cast in Gong Ji-young original "Do Ga Ni"

photo148095.jpg

Actor Gong Yoo and actress Jeong Yu-mi have been casted for writer Gong Ji-young's novel-based movie "Do Ga Ni".

A spokesperson for the movie told OSEN, "The two people will be playing lead roles in the movie "Do Ga Ni". The movie will crank in February and be released this coming fall.

The movie is based on a true story from Gawngju where a man is appointed staff in a school for the hearing impaired and about the process of revealing the violence that was happening secretly in there.

Gong Yoo will play the role of the strong but manly teacher who tries to discover the corruption of the school for the hearing impaired and Jeong Yu-mi will play the assistant administrator to the Human Rights Movement Center, helping Gong Yoo.

N.O.A Entertainment, who has the rights to the novel "Do Ga Ni" will do a joint production with Samgori pictures.

Meanwhile this will be Gong Yoo's second project after his discharge from the army and the mellow movie "Finding Kim Jong-wook" he starred in with actress Im Soo-jeong.

Jeong Yu-mi has been busy with movies "My Dear Desperado", "Come, Closer", and "Oki's Movie".

Via Hancinema

• 1 month later...

Gong Yoo and Jeong Yu-mi wish "Dogani" the best with writer Gong Ji-young

photo151854.jpg

Actor Gong Yoo and actress Jeong Yu-mi offered sacrifice for the safe filming of movie "Dogani" with writer Gong Ji-young.

They paid respects on the 9th in the building of their company NOA Entertainment. "Dogani", which is based on the novel by writer Gong Ji-young is about a teacher who gets appointed to a school for the deaf and a human rights activist as they unveil the violence and tragedies happening in the school to the world motivated by a sexual violence case that happened in the school.

This was a real story written in 2009 and got attention enough to have its own commission of investigation set up.

This day not only Gong Yoo and Jeong Yu-mi were there but the writer herself and other staff prayed for the best of the movie. Writer Gong Ji-young conveyed, "It hurt a lot while writing this novel but I felt it worth the while when I saw how much more lightened the victims looked after the publishing of the book".

Directed by Hwang Dong-hyeok, "Dogani" will be released in the later half of the year.

source : Hancinema

Gong Yoo, Jeong Yu-mi cast in new film

photo148124.jpg

Actor Gong Yoo and actress Jeong Yu-mi have been cast together in a new film, announced their agency N.O.A. Entertainment on Friday.

According to a press release by N.O.A., film "Dogani", whose title can be translated into 'a scene', is based on the 2009 best-seller of the same name written by Korean writer Gong Ji-young who looked into a sexual violence case committed in one of the schools for hearing-impaired people in Gwangju.

Gong Yoo will play a teacher at the school who discovers the case and Jung, a human rights activist who joins Gong's efforts to publicize the case, standing opposed to the school's staff and other officers who try to conceal the incident.

The film, to be directed by Hwang Dong-hyeok, will crank in next month and is expected to premiere around the latter half of this year.

Gong, 31, whose real name is Gong Ji-cheol, debuted with a role in KBS' TV series "School 4" in 2001 and since then has appeared in more than a handful of dramas including "One Fine Day" (MBC, 2006) and "Biscuit Teacher And Star Candy" (SBS, 2005) and films "My Tutor Friend (2003)", "S Diary (2004)" Spy Girl (2004) and "She's on Duty" (2005).

He rose to stardom as a heartthrob in MBC's hit romance series "Coffee Prince" (2007) about a guy who falls in love with a girl disguised as a boy. After being discharged from his two-year mandatory military service he co-starred in "Finding Mr. Destiny (2010)" with actress Im Soo-jeong.

Jeong, 27, made her debut in 2004 starring in film "How To Operate a Polaroid Camera" and later appeared in quite a few indie films including "The Room Nearby" (2008), "Like You Know It All" (2009), "Cafe Noir" (2009), "My Dear Desperado" (2010) and particularly "Oki's Movie (2010)" which had her invited to the 67th Venice International Film Festival last year.

source : 10 Asia via Hancinema

• 1 month later...
Guest currysushi33

i just finished watching que sera sera and i am now a major fan.....shes one of those actresses who are so natural onscreen and their talent is fairly obvious

im going to be watching all her films....except maybe chaw....which looks and sounds scary

and can not wait for her film with gong yoo hopefully that will get her into the spotlight more and more ppl would recognize how amazing she is