[Movie 2008] The Good, The Bad, The Weird 좋은 놈, 나쁜 놈, 이상한 놈

rubie

THE MOVIE OF 2008 

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE WEIRD
(Joheun Nom, Nappeun Nom, Isanghan Nom) 

By KIM JI WOON (The Foul King, Tale of Two Sisters, A Bittersweet Life)

Via SONG KANG HO, LEE BYUNG HUN, JUNG WOO SUNG

kjw3i.jpg 

Sep-29-2006: initial info from koreanfilm.org
Kim has also leaked out some details about his next feature film, and sure enough after doing comedy, horror, action, and sci-fi, it's time to do a western. It will be set in Manchuria (like all the other Korean neo-Westerns of the 1960s and 70s), and the working title can be translated as THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE STRANGE. He said you can also sort of think of it as a western version of the Hong Kong film SWORDSMAN. Song Kang-ho will apparently take the part of "The Strange". And he rides a motorcycle, not a horse -- because Song said he can't ride a horse.

It will be shot from next March in Mongolia, Manchuria and Vladivostok, and should be ready for release in late 2007 or early 2008.

I'm picturing now that crazy scene in the middle of A BITTERSWEET LIFE where Lee Byung-heon goes to buy a gun, and it's making me very excited about this next project.

lbh1.jpg 

jws4i.jpg 

skh7i.jpg 

Credit: Darcy Paquet, koreanfilm.org // captures from honeyhunny.com, Cine21

Translated by CindyW88

2/8/07 -- Song Kang Ho, Jung Woo Sung, and Lee Byung Hun will lead the movie 'The Good, the Bad and the Strange'. This movie is the Korean version of the famous Western movie "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly". The production cost is around 10 billion Won. Song Kang Ho and Lee Byung Hun each collaborated with this movie's director Kim Ji Woon in the movie 'The Foul King (2000) and 'A Bittersweet Life' (2005) respectively.

In this movie, SKH plays 'The Strange' who always rides a motorcycle and recklessly lives like weed. JWS plays 'The Bad' who would murder people in order to get the highest prize. LBH plays 'The Good' who is a bounty hunter and a sharpshooter although he sometimes has warm heart. The filming of the movie is scheduled in April and will be debuted in the first half of 2008.

sports.hankooki.com mydaily.co.kr

Brief translation by Hyc

3 big stars Lee Byung Hun, Jung Woo-Sung and Song Gang Ho co-starring in new movie

After Song Gang Ho, actors Lee Byung Hun and Jung Woo-Sung were included in the new movie casting in director Kim Ji-woon next work 'Good Guy, Bad Guy, Funny Guy' (temporarily translated). 

According to the production company Barunson on the 8th, ¡°This is an unbelievable casting of 3 super stars in one movie.¡± 

For the first time in Korean movie history, 3 top stars are to perform in the same movie, and the expectation for this work has risen further. 

This Korean version western style movie is based on the background of the beginning of 20th century. The movie crank in is expected to be in April and scheduled for release in the first half of 2008. 

STARNEWS/Korea daily report JNS Related articles
japanese.chosun.com innolife.com
Credit: Mark Russell, details at koreapopwars.com

The production company Barunson just announced the casting for Kim Ji-woon's next movie, 

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE WEIRD 

-- and it is a hell of a cast

bhnewmovie.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ oh em gee ... seeing the 3 of them in one shot is making the fangirl in me squeal.

thanks for sharing the new caps!

Hahaa.. really cool, huh! Finally seeing the 3 of them in a single shot. :lol: Can't wait for more to come, some movie tidbits/clips, too. :rolleyes:

The three guys are definitely living up to their onscreen personas. :D Funny/funky SKH, cool JWS and BH... he's simply oozing with attitude. :blush:

Monday, 20 August 2007

SidusHQ sets up shop in Beijing

Written by Darcy Paquet

SEOUL -- South Korea's leading talent management company SidusHQ has established a branch office in Beijing.

Launched in partnership with SK Telecom China, the office opens with $2.2 million of capital and will serve to promote the activities of Korean stars in the Chinese market. The company is also expecting to sign 3-4 Chinese stars to its roster in the near future.

Beijing Sidus HQ will pursue co-operative projects with Chinese agencies and promotional bodies. Mid-term plans also call for the establishment of a film production base. Meanwhile, the company has also reached an agreement with Chinese mobile firm Viatech to provide star photos, film clips, and other contents from companies under the umbrella of parent company iHQ, including SidusHQ, iFilm, Chungeorahm, and YTN Media.

SidusHQ represents a large collection Korean stars including Jeon Ji-hyun ("Blood: The Last Vampire"), Song Hye-gyo ("Hwang Jin Yi"), Cannes Palme d'Or winner Jeon Do-yeon ("Secret Sunshine"), Jung Woo-sung ("The Good, the Bad, the Weird"), etc. Parent company iHQ is owned by major telco SK Telecom.

Source: Variety Asia

http://www.varietyasiaonline.com/content/view/1915/

Thanks to jicks for this awesome highlight ^^

September 4, 2007

ONCE UPON A TIME IN DUNHUANG (part one): On location for The Good, The Bad and The Weird. 

Bey-and-director-Jung-at-Du.jpg

In the predawn hours, Beijing airport sees jackals prowl to rob the unwary. When I get out from my taxi, a man offers to wheel my luggage, then tries to hit me up for a fee that’s half the cab fare for the ride from the inner city. Inside the terminal, another offers to help guide me to my check-in desk, and, again, demands an exorbitant amount. Each speaks just enough English to con an unwary traveler. Shrugging them off, I meet my fellow travelers, Youngsoo and Luna, and we set off for the remote badlands of Dunhuang.

I’ve explored similar terrain before, when I visited Maggie Q on the Three Kingdoms sets. This time, I’m accepting a gracious invitation to go on location for a Korean Spaghetti Western, The Good, The Bad and The Weird. This film is shooting in a different part of this vast desert. To my relief, our hotel is only 15 minutes from Dunhuang airport, and situated in a town that looks like Vegas compared to the one I visited previously.

After check-in and a chance to wash off the travel dust, we set out for the location. The production is shooting in an area lying in the shadow of a legendary Dunhuang mountain range, one that is said to contain the image and power of the reclining Buddha. We soon depart from the proper road, out onto a dirt track created by the crew specifically for the film. Our journey takes us through a desert town set. In the film, this will bustle with life, but now stands vacant, a ghost town home only to swirling dust devils.

The area is a perfect location as it lies between two mountain ranges, and allows for a 360 degree vista with no indications of the modern world beyond. The productions vehicles stand tethered like settlers’ wagons positioned to repel an Indian attack. Jumping off our jeep, I’m see the familiar face and form of Jung Dung-hung, action director and star of the forthcoming Dragon Dynasty release City Of Violence. (That’s me and him in the photo above.) Jung single-handedly created the unique style of Korean movie fighting. His credits read like a list of every Korean actioner to find favour internationally: Shiri, Fighter In The Wind, A Bittersweet Life, Champion, Arahan, Silmido, Taegukgi… 

The sequences being shot during our visit are particularly demanding, as they involve both horseback and motorized vehicle pursuit. The Korean stuntmen say this is the toughest shoot they’ve ever been on, due in equal part of the demands of the action and the inhospitable nature of the terrain. Given that I live in one of the most built-up and heavily populated cities in the world, it’s a definite change of pace to gaze out across this vast expanse of desert to the mountains beyond. There are no signs of life, no bird flies or insect crawls. Though camels stride other regions of Dunhuang, the only animals here are the stunt horses corralled a good distance from the base camp.

Producer Seo Woo-sik offers me a seat in a canvas chair next to his, and explains some of the logistics to me. When Mr Seo searches for an English term, a masked figure seated to my right suggests the appropriate phrase. This turns out to be Lee Byung-hun (The Bad!), who first came to international fame in the acclaimed JSA. He speaks perfect English, and it turns out that we have mutual friends in Jackie Chan and Maggie Q. Though better known for his roles in dramatic and romantic television series and films, Lee was a great action lead in the gangster epic A Bittersweet Life. He has just been filming the drama I Come With The Rain in Hong Kong, opposite Josh Hartnett and Shawn Yue. Lee isn’t shooting scenes on this particular day, and just came out to the set to visit. 

As dusk settles across the plains, production wraps for the day and we make our way back to Dunhuang town. I’m invited to join Youngsoo and Luna for dinner with producer Seo and the great Korean actor Song Kang-ho (The Weird!). Though long the most respected of local film performers, Song is best known to international audiences for his lead role in the hit monster movie The Host. His earlier work includes roles in the breakthrough thrillers Shiri and JSA, and he became a member of Old Boy director Park Chan-wook’s troupe when he starred in 1992’s Sympathy For Mr Vengeance. Though his English is limited, he’s great company over barbeque and beer at Dunhuang’s only Korean restaurant. I mention Crossing Over, a film to be distributed internationally by TWC, and Song regrets having to decline a role in it because of prior commitments. 

Returning to the hotel, I realize it’s been a long day, with a very early start in the centre of Beijing and a late finish in the farthest frontier of the Silk Road. 

Credit to http://www.dragondynasty.com/blog/show/52

September 1, 2007

ONCE UPON A TIME IN DUNHUANG (part two): On location for The Good, The Bad and The Weird. 

Saturday morning, and the town of Dunhuang, though bustling, is devoid of power. An emergency generator keeps the hotel elevators running. Youngsoo, Luna and I find a near-by traveller’s café that offers ‘full English brkfest’. There are magazines on the wall racks so old they seem to have been liberated from the Library of Congress. Above the register is a small print of a red rose, with the word ‘Love’ engraved above it. The coffee, amazingly, is hand-ground and serves to jumpstart the heart.

Back in the badlands, the Good, Bad and Weird crew wrestles with the challenges of maneuvering beast and machine through the desert sands. During a break in the action, I sit down for a lengthy chat with Jung Dung-hung about his work as action director and star of City Of Violence. He’s delighted to hear that the film (known in Korean as ‘Jakpae’) will be Dragon Dynasty’s first North America release of a Korean film. Jung thinks his best earlier work was on Musa, one of my favourite Korean films. We discuss our mutual admiration for Japanese chanbara films, and especially the Lone Wolf And Cub and Zatoichi series. He tells me how, on an early trip to Japan, he bought a full set of the former, even though he couldn’t really, at the time, afford to.

Mr. Seo, the producer who hosted us the previous day, has returned to Korea, and so another producer from Barunson, Mr Choi Jae-won, treats us as honoured guesttoday. We are in his jeep, driving back to the base camp from the shooting site, when one of the crew falls from the back of a truck traveling the dirt road in front of us. We only realize this just in time, as his prone figure is covered in dust from the speeding vehicle. Mr Choi yells, in Korean, for the driver to stop, and the crewmember is only saved from serious injury when Choi remembers to shift languages to Mandarin. Fortunately, apart from minor scratches, the victim is more embarrassed than injured.

I’m honoured to share a ride back to Dunhuang with the film’s director Kim Ji-woon. Director Kim has proved to be highly proficient rather than prolific, with each of his films receiving international acclaim. I first became aware of his work with the 2000 wrestling themed comedy The Foul King. He’s since directed the horror film A Tale Of Two Sisters (currently subject of a Hollywood remake) and the gangster epic A Bittersweet Life. He’s succeeded in every genre, and it seems likely he’ll have similar results with a Western. Though evidently tired from the long day’s shoot, he asks me for my views about the potential for Korean films in the international market. He began his career as a stage performer, and bears an uncanny resemblance to the Japanese actor Akira Terao, who played Taro in Kurosawa’s Ran. 

Back the hotel, I take dinner with the crew by myself, as Youngsoo and Luna have a meeting with Mr Choi. I’m used to being the only westerner at the table, and, as I don’t speak Korean, figure I’ll eat fast and leave early. In the dining room, I strike up a conversation with one of the stuntmen, Mickey (whose surname, unfortunately, I didn’t catch). Mickey studied in Boston, among other places, in the US, and speaks good English. He is a key member of Jung Dung-hung’s team, and previously worked on Taegukgi and Arahan. While he’s giving me the inside scoop on the rigours of a Korean stuntman’s life, Song Kang-ho (of The Host) saunters in. I’m impressed that, like the rest of the cast, he lines up to get his own dinner from the buffet. If only stars in Hollywood and Hong Kong were that low maintenance…

As I’m finishing, Youngsoo and Luna, their meeting done, arrive for dinner, followed, moments later, by the Korean leading man Jung Woo-sung (The Good!). Jung’s earlier films include the period epic Musa and the Korean-Chinese co-production Daisy, helmed by Andrew Lau (Infernal Affairs) and written by my old comrade Gordon Chan. I want to say ‘hi’, but apparently, in Korea, it’s a breach of etiquette to approach an actor of his stature directly. This, I realize, is the story of my life. I get to meet the Bad and the Weird more easily than I do the Good…

Fortunately, with his usual excellent timing, Jung Dung-hung rolls in and breezily makes the introductions. Jung Woo-sung stands up, and absolutely towers over me. He definitely has the height and demeanour to make a convincing Western lead. He’s very charming, and asks me to pass on his regards to Gordon Chan when I get back to Hong Kong. I take my leave, hoping I didn’t offend any Korean sensibilities, happy that being the only round-eye in town can have its advantages…

Tomorrow is an early flight to Xian, site of the legendary emperor’s tomb, and then onwards to Hong Kong. I sleep like a terracotta warrior.

Credits to http://www.dragondynasty.com/blog/show/53

sadjlkajweciouaweljalsj :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

bhgbw.jpg

(credit: ByungHun of Our Hearts)

----EDIT----

Sorry about the repost!!! I'll have to check this thread more often ^______~

But it was the 1st time I'd seen it so I was a lil outta control excited lol They just look so good =)

Hahaa.. hi jicks! The world is indeed small, round and rounder! :lol:

Actually.. that image was posted at this thread first, we got it from LBH's Korean fansite and his Taiwan Club and there were a lot of excited hooha :blush: , seeing the 3 awesome men finally in a hot shot together.. but somehow.. the images were taken off the very next day at the mentioned sites. Not knowing the reason why... maybe.. it's just and probably the production's way of keeping the scenes still under wraps.. as not to be over-exposed, perhaps. So, we also took the pics off the soompi threads but it's solely my fault to still post the pics at the (BH news)blog instead. :sweatingbullets:

Anyway.. I really thought we should share the pics, too... right... it's really nothing different from the individual pics earlier. Unless there's a clear reason why we shouldn't post the captures, let's just let it be... thanks jicks for posting it here again. It's about time. :lol:

Just to clarify this. ^^

? Why do the other 2 pics say Lee Byung-Hun is the good guy, and not the bad one, which is what the first one says?

Hi HikariBelle, welcome to the thread!

The initial movie news when it first came out mentioned that LBH will be the Good guy and JWS, the Bad one. But as the production progresses... there have been new updates saying that the role had been switched between the two actors. And if we look at all the teaser posters & taglines... it's clearly stating that LBH is really playing the BAD guy role.

But as Dir. KJW had mentioned in related interviews.. the roles of the 3 guys, whether they're the Good.. Bad or Weird.. none of them is really whom they seem to be, or something to the effect that the storyline wouldn't be too straightforward or predictable.

whao!!!!!.....very good cast and i love the old movie with client eastwood......seen it many times....the set is also very cool.....did they build this set? looking forward to this movie and never thought i would see a korean cowboy.....cause cowboys r hot!!!! :P

Fri., Sep. 7, 2007

Korea

By DARCY PAQUET

The scoop: Although they still have some way to go, the Korean cities of Seoul and Busan are starting to emerge as a real option for major international productions. Biggest strengths are extremely motivated, hardworking crews and the stability and expertise that come with a strong local industry.

City governments are beginning to catch on to tax incentives, too. In March, the city of Seoul unveiled a 25% refund on in-city spending, capped at $100,000, plus free airfare and accommodation for location scouting.

Disadvantages are the small number of quality, in-city soundstages (though this may be addressed in the future) and higher costs compared with China. Next-generation post-production facilities are under construction in Busan.

Bonus: For bigger projects, city governments in Busan and Seoul may be persuaded to contribute in additional ways above and beyond official support programs. Examples include co-financing of outdoor sets and donation of buildings slated for demolition.

Hot spot: The city of Jeonju boasts a high-profile film festival, but at the end of 2008 it will also sport a new $11.7 million studio complex. Facilities will include a 45-foot-tall, 22,000-square-foot indoor soundstage with the usual amenities, as well as a nearly 12-acre outdoor shooting area with permanent sets. Construction is said to be 70% complete.

Shot there: "Hero" (Japan), Toho; "The Good, the Bad and the Weird" (Korea), Barunson

Source: www.variety.com

• 2 weeks later...

Translated gist provided by ylin-EverythingLBH via report on sina.com

poster-1503.jpg

September 20, 2007 - Dir. Kim Jee Woon's oriental western epic 'The Good, the Bad and the Weird' will finally conclude its China filming by mid-October and the whole crew will be returning to Korea on 18 October. It's also mentioned that photo-shooting for the movie poster will take place on the 22nd of the same month.

Original source: http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...092015425338478

smileforjean said:
wasn't this trio in a movie together longtime ago

with lee young eh. like a war movie or something?

Ohh.. that was Joint Security Area (JSA) back in 2000 with Song Kang Ho, Lee Byung Hun and Lee Young Ae as the 'trio'.

Jung Woo Sung however, was not in the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Pusan fest unites Korean, Chinese film sectors

By Mark Russell and Jonathan Landreth

Sept 28, 2007

10631.jpg

Feng Xiaogang's antiwar movie "Assembly" opens this year's Pusan festival.

SEOUL/BEIJING -- Since South Korea sprouted what arguably has grown into the most advanced modern Asian entertainment industry, and China's population of consumers continues to mushroom, the increasingly chummy relationship between these neighbors is turning heads around the region.

With such recent developments as the Korean multiplex building boom in China (CGV, Megabox and MK Pictures all have construction under way), diversified conglomerate CJ's move into China through film investment and delicatessens (yes, delicatessens) and the shooting in West China of a spaghetti Western by up-and-coming Korean production house Barunson, there's a veritable creative bridge being constructed across the Yellow Sea.

To be sure, Korea's not the only neighbor trying to get into bed with China. After all, the most successful Chinese-language film on the mainland this year is the thriller "Confession of Pain," which features the bilingual, Taiwan-born Japanese actor Takeshi Kaneshiro and funding and distribution help from Japan's Avex Entertainment.

But on Sept. 21, less than two weeks before Asia's biggest film festival kicks off on Oct. 4 in the South Korean beach-resort town of Pusan, Korea's CJ Entertainment entered into an agreement with the state-controlled China Film Group Corp. to work together to develop young Chinese filmmakers.

Details were scarce when the general agreement was initially announced in Beijing -- where earlier, spotty forays into the Middle Kingdom by Hollywood majors were often cloaked in secrecy due to fears of unwanted scrutiny from communist party officials. But the particulars of this new pact -- which also named two Hong Kong studios, Media Asia and Emperor Motion Pictures -- have since spilled forth from Seoul, where it could very well pull a sharper focus in the freewheeling market environment of the Pusan International Film Festival, which lasts through Oct. 12.

The partnership has been a long time in the making. Two years ago, Jonathan Shen, the man credited with bringing Academy Awards coverage to China Central Television, and Zhang Pimin, deputy director-general of China's Film Bureau, hosted a special China night in Pusan just as the so-called 'Korean wave' was swelling, with content crashing all across China's media shores.

Now, Korea's film industry -- the fifth largest in the world in terms of boxoffice dollars, generating $1.1 billion in 2006 -- has discovered there just aren't enough consumers on the Korean Peninsula to support growth.

"In the future, I think China will account for over 50% of the international demand for our content," says Teddy Hoon-tack Jung, founder, CEO and president of Korean talent-management company and production house iHQ.

Jump-starting iHQ's forays into China were its record Asian presales of the 2005 action-melodrama "Daisy," directed by Hong Kong's Andrew Lau. Earlier this year, with its parent company SK Telecom -- the largest wireless service provider in Korea -- iHQ set up its first foreign office in, where else? Beijing. iHQ now has two China-related features in the works.

Since getting imported films into theaters in China is complicated due to China Film Group's near monopoly on distribution, Koreans are hoping that by owning the bricks and mortar of the industry -- the screens themselves -- their films might fare better against the bulk of the imports China brings in from Hollywood.

Further proving that China is Korea's first target for growth, Megabox and parent company Mediaplex moved in quickly, opening one theater after another in the wake of Warner Bros.' exit from the exhibition market after a government rule change prevented them from gaining a promised majority share in the theaters they had built. Now, with money from the sale of Megabox to Australian banking group Macquarie in July, Mediaplex plans to expand its investment in Chinese theaters, opening another new property in January, six months after its last.

10632.jpg

"The Good, the Bad, and the Weird"

Choi Jae-won, head of the film division at Barunson, is another of the Seoul-based film execs increasingly traveling to China. Choi took the shooting of "The Good, the Bad, and the Weird," directed by Kim Ji-woon, to West China where it is expected to wrap in mid-October for theatrical release in February 2008.

Where many once saw working in China as daunting, Choi says it is now "reasonable to have Chinese producers as co-production partners."

Indeed, examples of Chinese-Korean filmic cooperation are becoming increasingly common. Korean VFX artists are aiding Jackie Chan and Jet Li as they battle it out in the Hollywood-China co-production "The Forbidden Kingdom." The Seoul-based firms Macrograph, DTI and Footage have been tapped to add visual effects to the action-fantasy based on Chinese lore.

Chinese lore is also at the center of another film in which Korean participation (read: investment) was key: Hong Kong auteur John Woo's "Battle of the Red Cliffs," which recounts a story known across China, Korea and Japan about a particularly spectacular battle in the third-century Three Kingdoms era.

"Koreans know this story from the popular comic book," says Christopher Chang, vp international business and development at Showbox Entertainment in Seoul, one of the $70 million-plus film's producers. "If you watch this film before the Olympics, you'll understand the history of China better."

It can't hurt that China's economy -- which has experienced double-digit growth for more than a decade, even as the government limits what its 1.3 billion citizens may consume legally -- is about to get yet another shot in the arm as Beijing hosts the 2008 Summer Olympics.

"In 1988, the Seoul Olympics totally changed Korea, its economy and society. China now is just like that," Choi explains, adding that he may attempt to establish a joint venture in China next year. "I have started discussions with a high-profile group," he says.

Still, though filmmaking resources in China are cheap and expertise is abundant, corruption, censorship and limited market access are persistent concerns.

"People there know it and are trying to change," Choi avers. "They are trying to overcome those problems themselves. Even though China has a lot of people, the market is not very big yet. It will take time. For now, having production relations and building trust are most important."

To that end, PIFF is clearly doing its part. Korea's biggest film event will open with Beijing-based director Feng Xiaogang's antiwar movie "Assembly," for which Chinese production outfit Huayi Brothers hired a Korean crew to shoot pivotal battle scenes.

In another attempt to promote China-Korea relations at PIFF, the Korea Film Council (KOFIC), together with the Asian Film Market, will hold the "2007 China Biz-camp."

The event is a sequel to a November 2006 session held in Beijing at which distribution and production companies and the Chinese government shared tips on how to get Korean films either into or around the heavily restricted Chinese theatrical market.

This year, the Biz-camp will open its doors in Pusan's Grand Hotel on Oct. 9 with a conference in two parts: an assessment of Korean films' past successes in China and the viability of China's ancillary film market overall, with input from China's CCTV6 movie channel; and a discussion of Chinese copyright law as it affects the Internet.

The KOFIC Information Center at PIFF will then offer legal advice and help arrange meetings between pre-registered China experts and Korean filmmakers.

"PIFF is pushing forward several programs that will allow Korea and China's film institutions and professionals to better understand each other and create more co-production talks," says PIFF programr Kim Ji-seok. "One thing is for sure: The Korean and Chinese film industries will keep cooperating with each other, growing together."

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...4b91b970ceda910

^ Thanks Ching for the awesome caps of GBW posters at the 12th PIFF. :D Below, updated info from Huangsy. Merci!

moviedb_43018_L.gif

Go to http://movie.daum.net/servlet/imageViewer?...aramImageType=4 to see other pics related to the movie.

This link, http://movie.daum.net/movieInfo?mkey=43018&mode=5 will be updated later for the movie trailer/making off video clips.

오우삼의 파트너 프로듀서 테렌스 창, 김지운 감독과 손잡는다[PIFF]

[뉴스엔 2007-10-10 10:31:44]

200710100939211003_1.jpg

[해운대(부산)=뉴스엔 조은영 기자]

오우삼의 파트너이자 세계적인 프로듀서 테렌스 창이 김지운 감독과 손잡는다.

부산국제영화제 아시안필름마켓에 참석한 트렌스 창은 김지운 감독과 클로드 소테 감독의 프렌치 누아르 ‘맥스 앤드 정크맨’의 리메이크를 논의중인 것으로 알려졌다. 이를 위해 행사기간 중 김지운 감독의 할리우드 진출을 돕고 있는 영화사 집 이유진 대표와 만남을 갖고 구체적인 이야기를 나눈 것으로 알려졌다.

스스로 ‘한국영화 팬’임을 자처해 온 테렌스 창은 이번 필름마켓 기간 중 한국 남자배우와 ‘내 머리속의 지우개’의 이재한 감독을 기용해 오우삼 감독의 1989년 홍콩영화 걸작 ‘첩혈쌍웅’ 리메이크 계획을 발표하기도 했다.

오우삼 감독과 깊은 인연을 맺고 있는 테렌스 창은 오우삼 감독의 할리우드 진출작 ‘하드 타겟’, ‘페이첵’ 등을 직접 제작하기도 했으며 홍콩영화 인력의 할리우드 진출을 물심양면으로 도와왔다.

현재 김지운 감독은 이병헌, 송강호, 정우성(사진) 주연의 영화 '좋은 놈, 나쁜 놈, 이상한 놈'을 촬영 중에 있다.

조은영 helloey@newsen.com

Source: http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_nn/20071...E7+%B8%B6%0B%7D

Archived