The Official DSLR/DRF Threadⓥ

Guest erure

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest booey

hey~ im planning on buying my very first DSLR

and just wondering if anyone had any reccomendations

keep in mind that i am a n00b, and the camera i have now is a normal digital cam.

im spending around... $900 - $1000 (AUD)

the cheaper the better, because i'll probably buy a better one once i get the hang of it

but not too cheap, because i want to still be able to take semi-decent photos

all opinions/suggestions will be greatly appreciated

thnx!

Guest watcher

hey~ im planning on buying my very first DSLR

and just wondering if anyone had any reccomendations

keep in mind that i am a n00b, and the camera i have now is a normal digital cam.

im spending around... $900 - $1000 (AUD)

the cheaper the better, because i'll probably buy a better one once i get the hang of it

but not too cheap, because i want to still be able to take semi-decent photos

all opinions/suggestions will be greatly appreciated

thnx!

with that budget... d50/d40. or a used xt/xti

Guest chaosiii

oh i see. SO it wouldn't be a good camera for sporting events or concerts.

By the way anyone has the Cannon XT in here? How well does that camera work?

umm to me i think it doesnt matter wat camera u use, it all depends on whos holding the camera

even if you have a super expensive camera and you cant take shots, its useless

i would think it works for sporting events or concerts, but u just need to buy better lens to help you out..one tat focus better when ur zoom in

i took continous shots and its great even with the kit len

chaosii - im just doing it as a hobby. i plan on being a physical therapist, hopefully with a professional sports team or a good college sports team, make the money and settle down. then after i save up some i plan on going to an art school with good photography program, just because i want to learn more. i'm not exactly sure what i'll do after that, but maybe i can work both jobs if i do become a photographer too? i hope it'll all work out :)

ohh nice...tats sounds fun

u got a plan and tats wat u need in life

i want to take a night time photo class or weekend in LAish area

gotta research i guess

ya tat will be fun...i talk to professional photographers before and they make big dough

xD...well its a hobby for me....cuz i dont have the equipment or knowledge to go professional

@Brusky:

Wow tats a really nice shot

u can see the transperency of the flower petals =)

gosh makes me wanna shot pics

Guest erure

lackluster, you'll have fun with that nifty fifty; it's sharp as hell. wonderful for available light and portrait shooting <3

anyway, took a few new shots this morning and i've got a thread in the art section: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119247

here's one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/mrb...G_837801640.jpg

That's so awesome!!!

I haven't touched my camera in quite a while [not a week but it feels like eternity...]

Here's a picture I took with my Canon macro 60mm + 580ex (and of course my Canon 400D aka Rebel XTi)

IMG_10482785.jpg

Guest Brusky

That's so awesome!!!

I haven't touched my camera in quite a while [not a week but it feels like eternity...]

Here's a picture I took with my Canon macro 60mm + 580ex (and of course my Canon 400D aka Rebel XTi)

niice. how're you likin' that 60mm macro? i've been meaning to get one, but the funds just aren't allowing for it =\

saw it on crsx, beautiful shot dude.

thanks man :)

Guest erure

niice. how're you likin' that 60mm macro? i've been meaning to get one, but the funds just aren't allowing for it =\

I'm lovin' it [like the McDonald's commercial ahaha]~ The flash helps a lot when I take pictures too >_< But mostly I've been just taking photos in my room -- I haven't been out with my camera for what seems like a century ._. After midterms and crap are over... I will take pictures again T_T

Guest watcher

I'm lovin' it [like the McDonald's commercial ahaha]~ The flash helps a lot when I take pictures too >_< But mostly I've been just taking photos in my room -- I haven't been out with my camera for what seems like a century ._. After midterms and crap are over... I will take pictures again T_T

maybe you can take pictures of tiny bugs living in the dusty corner of your room :D

there's a whole new world to explore with dedicated macro lenses...

i'd get one if i wasn't eyeing that 24-70L. (might settle for the 28~75/2.8 tammy if i cant wait)

Guest erure

maybe you can take pictures of tiny bugs living in the dusty corner of your room :D

there's a whole new world to explore with dedicated macro lenses...

i'd get one if i wasn't eyeing that 24-70L. (might settle for the 28~75/2.8 tammy if i cant wait)

I was so mad at myself when I saw a snail outside of our apartment and ran outside with my camera but brought the wrong lens... -___- But then again I didn't really want to be sprawled all over the ground to take a macro picture of a snail [which was actually moving quickly compared to my slow shutter speed since it was nighttime]

Guest EYJAYJAY

I was so mad at myself when I saw a snail outside of our apartment and ran outside with my camera but brought the wrong lens... -___- But then again I didn't really want to be sprawled all over the ground to take a macro picture of a snail [which was actually moving quickly compared to my slow shutter speed since it was nighttime]

that's when you point your finger at it and yell "STOP MOVING" :tongue2:

Guest watcher

that's when you point your finger at it and yell "STOP MOVING" :tongue2:

or you can pour a circle of salt around the little critter and make sure it doesnt go anywhere...

of course, it makes me wonder if snails know better than to crawl over a bed of salt... :sweatingbullets:

Guest Tepper

or you can pour a circle of salt around the little critter and make sure it doesnt go anywhere...

of course, it makes me wonder if snails know better than to crawl over a bed of salt... :sweatingbullets:

I'm not so sure that they do -_- .. maybe by the time they notice they're having a bad reaction to the stuff, it's already too late to turn back.

maybe you should experiment.

Guest EYJAYJAY

it might just end up having a heart attack.. poor thing :tears:

Guest watcher

i'd just get a lens brush/pen and clean once in a while. if dust gets on lens, it gets on the filter too. i'd get a filter if i need a certain effect.

Guest Brusky

that's true that you can just clean off dust and stuff easily, but that's not what i'd be worried about. i'd rather have a random rock fly up and scratch a $15 filter than a $500+ lens. i'd sacrifice a little image quality for security. besides, a uv filter does very little in terms of creating effects.

Archived