The Official DSLR/DRF Threadⓥ

Guest erure

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I FINALLY TOOK THE TIME TO DO THE CLONE SHOT!!

IMG_1101aa5611.jpg

It only took an hour, taking the pictures and the photoshopping... I'm embarrassed though because I'm totally revealing my chunky butt and body and everything =____= Time for that diet and exercise... X_x

Heh, I've kind of done that... on a single frame. mmm long exposure + manual flash = awesome

Have you guys checked out the new Canon 1D Mark III? It's some good shizz but I was rather disappointed by the 10.1mp sensor... The price is rather decent though... $4000

Guest watcher

Have you guys checked out the new Canon 1D Mark III? It's some good shizz but I was rather disappointed by the 10.1mp sensor... The price is rather decent though... $4000

10fps and 6400 ISO are pretty nifty features though :D

Guest felinewong

10mp is plenty more than enough for photo J work already

the 3" lcd, 10fps, dual processor sounds awesome =D

Guest malevolent.

So excited. I now have $130 and going to get another $120 from selling my DS Lite. I'm sort of halfway towards my camera. :D

Guest watcher

So excited. I now have $130 and going to get another $120 from selling my DS Lite. I'm sort of halfway towards my camera. :D

wow... you're able to sell off your DS lite for almost full price!? maybe i should sell mine too...

Guest malevolent.

I'm selling it to my friend who's like mega rich and yeahhhh. :) I told him I'll just give it to him for $100, but he says he knows how much I want my camera. :P

Guest erure

10mp is plenty more than enough for photo J work already

the 3" lcd, 10fps, dual processor sounds awesome =D

Yeah but people were expecting a 22mp sensor [it's ridiculously big but still... haha] like a hasselblad... But if it was 22mp then the price could not be so decent... Sigh I wish I had $4000 to splurge... +_+

Guest felinewong

Yeah but people were expecting a 22mp sensor [it's ridiculously big but still... haha] like a hasselblad... But if it was 22mp then the price could not be so decent... Sigh I wish I had $4000 to splurge... +_+

no they weren't LOL

why would the new 1D jump from 8mp to 22mp

sounds more like the 1DS Mk3

Guest chaosiii

chaosiii - im AJ. you didnt use a tripod for that shot? man you sure have some steady hand!!

ohh nice to meet joo AJ. Ya, i havent used a tripod since high school...many ages ago.

Naw my hands aint tat steady...its actually shaky i bet lmao. But thanks for the comment haha.

So u shot as a hobby too or as a job?

Nice to meet you too! I'm a freshman at UCSD so I live in SD right now but my real home is in the bay area ^^ I found Oceanside to be a good place for some pictures -- I took a lot of decent ones the other day... Plus the sunset at Del Mar is decent too... ^^

ohh really? Tats so cool...my cousin is a freshmen there too lmao

He is something engineering i think.

Gosh up north has nice places to shoot...the oceans are always nice

i never shot sunset really...xD

ohh nice photoshop pics...i so wanna learn..im photoshop noob heh

chaosiii: i'd go out to shootouts with you, but i havent had much time lately to explore the city. :( LA's full of places to shoot... i just wish i had the time... argh!!!

haha im wilson btw.

tat will be awesome if we...we need a group of photographers lol so we wont be bored

my family always goes "Your so slow...hurry up" xD

busy with school?

yeah, that was a great shot you got :jealous: and no, i'm far from being any kind of professional haha. it's just a hobby for me, learning as i go. i'm not shooting with anything 'wow' either. xt with a 28-135 is usm. wish i could've gotten at least a 20D, but it's beyond my budget. :( oh, and i'm bruce btw. nice to meetcha wilson. :)

LMAO...u shouldnt be jealous...ur shots are way better.

I shot for fun too...tats why i dont spend like loads on lens or body...even though i would like to

i actually consider being a photographer before as a job...but ya tough business

Which lens do you recommend that'll have autofocus? I heard the lens avaliablity is VERY limited for the D40.

Hmm i need to check up on tat really

i did research before on the lens before becuase i did consider buyin a lens

BUT if you doing this for fun, just stick with the len kit for now

the len kit is autofocus =)

Guest watcher

haha im wilson btw.

tat will be awesome if we...we need a group of photographers lol so we wont be bored

my family always goes "Your so slow...hurry up" xD

busy with school?

im ed. nice to meet you :)

ive been busy with work and personal projects (non-photog related)

there's also exercise and other daily routines i go through as well

hopefully i'll cut down somewhere... im thinking come summer, i'll be ready to push harder!

until then, i just take my camera everywhere and see what i can squeeze in.

Guest l33mimi

yes i got the D40 when it first came out...like the 2nd day it came out

it is better than the D50 according to reviews since its like a replacement of it in a sense.

the price is way cheaper too and i absolutely love mines

it does have autofocus...but only on specific lens

drawback is no viewfinder but i hate using it anyways

ask me if u got more questions or anythin about the D40 (:

ive heard that the D40 is rather slow with the shutter. Do you have any comments on that?

Guest malevolent.

ive heard that the D40 is rather slow with the shutter. Do you have any comments on that?

Oh noz! :ph34r:

Guest chaosiii

The shutter speed is not bad...of course it could be better

...but yes often its slow for some odd reason...rarely though

@ED

ahah tats nice...

gosh i havent touch my camera in a while :tears:

i need to find stuff to take shots of...landscapes and such

but ya, hard to find the right places or have the time or settings

Guest l33mimi

The shutter speed is not bad...of course it could be better

...but yes often its slow for some odd reason...rarely though

@ED

ahah tats nice...

gosh i havent touch my camera in a while :tears:

i need to find stuff to take shots of...landscapes and such

but ya, hard to find the right places or have the time or settings

oh i see. SO it wouldn't be a good camera for sporting events or concerts.

By the way anyone has the Cannon XT in here? How well does that camera work?

Guest erure

oh i see. SO it wouldn't be a good camera for sporting events or concerts.

By the way anyone has the Cannon XT in here? How well does that camera work?

It's just like XTi except smaller screen size, less megapixels, and no sensor cleaning mechanism

Guest lackluster

Great news guys!!!! I met a photographer agent!!! ( and i might become a future photographer, I'm 90% sure, the 10% depends on my work) also may i mention that i live in NYC and i go to B&H very often lol, it's sooo fun cuz i get to try out HUGE cameras like 600mm, well anyways

i'll keep short and sweet.

Me and my friend were chilling on the train looking at each others cameras, he has a Nikon F4 and i have a canon 30d

she was sitting right across from us, light skinned African American mid 30's, she noticed my friends film camera and she loved film cameras so she asked out of nowhere "what kind of film camera is that?" so the conversation went on from there.. for like an hour because she was heading the same way we were and I asked for her number, but of course she can't fully trust us so she gave us her business card and she said the company is looking for 18 year old photo journalist! what i have been looking forward too!!! (also a fashion photographer), but she said it's very very competitive, anyways she said the company is still hiring and she expects me to keep up the good work and send her pictures to her email! then i asked her " so would you criticize my work when i show you them? and maybe i can work at your company someday" she said "sure! but work hard, I'm going to be very judgmental."

SO YEAH we departed from each other, and i had this huge smile on my face.

And let me encourage you people that it's not the camera that really matters, it's the person behind the camera.

check this out, i took these picture last year with my casio exilim point and shoot.

building9jc.jpg

z13975899.jpg

I have more, but my hard drive recently broke so i lost a lot of images.

here is the business site, that i might work for.

www.katybarker.com

My next lens? Canon-EF-50mm-f-1.4-USM-Lens.jpg

APERTURE/1.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe 50 mm fixed, but since i have a APS-C sensor size (small sensor).. it has multiplication factor makes it 80 mm fixed, which i like.

for the noobs out there, EF-S lens are made specifically for small sensors.. APS-C, such as xti, xt, 30D.

so it doesn't have multiplication factor when u buy EF-S lens, if u do buy a EF lens multipy the focal length TIMES 1.6..

50 x 1.6 would be 80 mm. for a ef lens, if i bought a 50 mm EF-S lens, that factor would not occur.

also for noobs who don't understand what aperture does, bigger aperture hole lets more light come through into your camera

causing more exposure to enter your camera, also bigger the aperture hole the subject is more in focus, smaller the aperture hole the subject will be focused with the background. also bigger the aperture hole can make field in depth shallower. and keep in mind when buying lens the smaller the F/# the more it costs.

also smaller the number, bigger the aperture hole. bigger the number, smaller the aperture hole.

aperture%20art.gif

well check this out

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews...ens-Review.aspx

f/1.2!! L series canon lens. sure it is only 50 MM.. but it costs over a grand. due to the aperture size. also because it's L series

i hope what i explained helped out some people. :blink:

i'm learning about the elements on the actual lens right now, i'll update about it when i can actually understand it.. :ph34r:

Guest watcher

for the noobs out there, EF-S lens are made specifically for small sensors.. APS-C, such as xti, xt, 30D.

so it doesn't have multiplication factor when u buy EF-S lens, if u do buy a EF lens multipy the focal length TIMES 1.6..

50 x 1.6 would be 80 mm. for a ef lens, if i bought a 50 mm EF-S lens, that factor would not occur.

actually, i think EF-S and EF lenses are the same in terms of focal length. 18mm EF is 18mm EF-S. the difference between EF-S and EF is that the rear of an EF-S lens is closer to the sensor than that of an EF lens. this makes it easier to manufacture high-performance wide-angle lenses that cropped-sensor DSLR's need. the drawback, however is that you cannot use EF-S lenses on full-frame cameras (mirror on the full-frame would prevent an ef-s lens from getting close enough).

you still need to add the multiplier for ef-s lenses to get the field of view. if you want something similar to the 50mm/1.4 but the 50mm field of view as you would get it on a full-frame (35mm) camera, i'd suggest getting the sigma 30mm/1.4 HSM. if sigma had it's own L lineup, this one would be one of them. :)

Guest EYJAYJAY

chaosii - im just doing it as a hobby. i plan on being a physical therapist, hopefully with a professional sports team or a good college sports team, make the money and settle down. then after i save up some i plan on going to an art school with good photography program, just because i want to learn more. i'm not exactly sure what i'll do after that, but maybe i can work both jobs if i do become a photographer too? i hope it'll all work out :)

Archived