Initial D Live Action Thread

K-PopChink

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chinkboye22

twins as the actresses for those girls hell NO!

i want some like HOT Japanese actresses....

this is like the first Chinese movie with goodlookin young actors

• 3 weeks later...
Guest doriyaki

Movie was entertaining at parts, but fans of the anime/manga probably didn't like it as much.

So there are plans on a sequel? I heard that it's the top grossing movie in HK; however what are they thinking by taking Edison out of the movie? Why do you think I watched it?? (Just kidding, I watched it on the plane.)

Movie was entertaining at parts, but fans of the anime/manga probably didn't like it as much.

So there are plans on a sequel? I heard that it's the top grossing movie in HK; however what are they thinking by taking Edison out of the movie? Why do you think I watched it?? (Just kidding, I watched it on the plane.)

They're taking Edison out? Where did you hear that? And yes there's gonna be a sequel.

I watched the anime so I was really disappointed in the movie. Too much was changed or cut out and I didn't really like the acting. Well, it was probably made even worse since I watched it dubbed in Mandarin or something and the voices were all off. It really ruined the quality of the movie, in my opinion and just made me dislike it even more. =s

Guest yokemun

i watched this in cinema TWICE!!! hehehhe...is nice but if u watched it for the 2nd times is kinda boring...ilike anthony n chapman to da most!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest captainEDEN.

KYAHHH!!!!

i watched this yesturday and let's say i'm IN LOVE!!!! =D

Jay Chou was adorable in it... i wasnt fond with him much before. o_o

EDISON ROX MY SOX!!!! he's the bomb shizz!!!

my goodness.. his best acting so far. =D

I watched this purely because of Edison.

I really didn't like the main girl. She annoyed me to death.

Andd, the ending made me and my sister go, HUH? WHAT HAPPENED?

So there better be a 2nd one.

80% of the movie is racing though haha. Gets kinda boring.

Guest certifiedPSYCHOPATH

i didn't like it...at all

it had absolutely no relevance to the anime/manga some of the character profiles were changed and some characters don't even exist! (keisuke for example)

anthony played his role really well, however i didn't like his character <_<

yeh...that's my take on the movie. i think i didn't like it because i had higheer expectations after being such a big fan of the anime

Guest Special Ed

i didn't like it...at all

it had absolutely no relevance to the anime/manga some of the character profiles were changed and some characters don't even exist! (keisuke for example)

anthony played his role really well, however i didn't like his character <_<

yeh...that's my take on the movie. i think i didn't like it because i had higheer expectations after being such a big fan of the anime

Yes. Anthony's character in the movie really shocked me! He's not a player nor a child abuser in the anime!! Where the frack did Andrew Lau get that freakin idea?!?! Takumi was not abused!!

I hate the person whoever decided to have no Keisuke. He is an IMPORTANT character!! How could they leave him out of the movie?!?! Thats just stupid. Its like not having a Hermione in Harry Potter films!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kawaiiceres

I really had high expectations about this movie. Watching it definitely reminds me of the anime. They didn't change a thing except that some characters were missing and they kinda cramp the whole thing in 1hr + movie.

well it is good to edison chen and jay chou in one movie. :D

i liked this movie.. never read the manga but this movie was good...

jay chou was hot!! so was edison and shawn!!

wow, so they ARE going to make a sequel?!?

man, can't wait for that one!!!

I didn't think this movie reflected the anime/manga well enough. They tried to cramp 2 stages in to one movie. The cast that was selected for the movie did not really suit each character. I felt that mostly the younger generation actors in the movie did not protrait their characters well enough. The dad(Bunta) somewhat portrait the anime character. Overall the movie wasn't that bad, just was not up to the anime/manga standards. However, they are directing a sequel to the movie. I just hope the Japanese would direct this movie rather than the Hong kong Cast.

Archived