Initial D Live Action Thread

K-PopChink

Discuss I guess...Just reviving it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- INITIAL D poster.jpg***--->Click here to view Clip from PREMIERE<---*** The movie, scheduled to hit theaters across Asia this summer, is an adaptation of the popular Japanese manga series created by Shuichi Shigeno about the world of street car-racing. It's directed by Andrew Lau and Alan Mak, the team behind the Infernal Affairs trilogy and the Young & Dangerous series. Main Characters:

id2.jpgID5.jpgID3.jpgID4.jpg Fujiwara Takumi -- played by Jay Chou. Mogi Natsuki -- played by Anne Suzuki, Takumi's love interest. Takahashi Ryosuke -- played by Edison Chen. Takeuchi Itsuki -- played by Chapman To, Takumi's best friend. Other cast includes Shawn Yue, Jordan Chan, and Anthony Wong.

Trailer: http://www.initial-d.jp/tra_large.mov Official site: http://hk.initialdthemovie.com/ Behind-the-Scenes clip: mms://nv.sina.com.cn/ent/2005/03/03599822.wmv Release date: Premiered on June 19th and the Global release date was June 23rd. Miscellaneous: Review -- http://lovehkfilm.com/reviews_2/initial_d.htm -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sincerelydolly

I've never read the manga or watched the anime but I still knew a bit about the storyline... I don't think covered much in the movie but it was pretty okay I guess. I though Jay Chou's acting was quite well done. Some of the songs are really nice.. I didn't like the main girl though.. >_>

Haha, I never read the manga or watched anime also. :]

I just saw the made version with Jay & Edison only.

The movie's okay; but but Jay's like in there 24/7. -__-

Shawn was hott there. :)

Guest SeSgirl

i've never touched the manga/anime..

but my friend watched it..said it was pretty..

"step on the gas!"

"turn!"

"omg!"

"brake!"

the said that was about like..70% of the lines..haha..

but i watched the movie!! friggin good because jay, edison, and SHAWN was in it..HAHAHAHA...=]

Guest dadedum

Discuss I guess...Just reviving it.

Found it cached on google. :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INITIAL D

poster.jpg

***--->Click here to view Clip from PREMIERE<---***

The movie, scheduled to hit theaters across Asia this summer, is an adaptation of the popular Japanese manga series created by Shuichi Shigeno about the world of street car-racing. It's directed by Andrew Lau and Alan Mak, the team behind the Infernal Affairs trilogy and the Young & Dangerous series.

Main Characters:

id2.jpgID5.jpg

ID3.jpgID4.jpg

Fujiwara Takumi -- played by Jay Chou.

Mogi Natsuki -- played by Anne Suzuki, Takumi's love interest.

Takahashi Ryosuke -- played by Edison Chen.

Takeuchi Itsuki -- played by Chapman To, Takumi's best friend.

Other cast includes Shawn Yue, Jordan Chan, and Anthony Wong.

Trailer: http://www.initial-d.jp/tra_large.mov

Official site: http://hk.initialdthemovie.com/

Behind-the-Scenes clip: mms://nv.sina.com.cn/ent/2005/03/03599822.wmv

Release date: Premiered on June 19th and the Global release date was June 23rd.

Miscellaneous:

Review -- http://lovehkfilm.com/reviews_2/initial_d.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest kuchiki_byakuya

since i got to watch the anime __ currently waiting for the stage 4-> ep 19th to be available for downloading... (and a big fan of the anime), so when i watched this movie, i was pretty disappointed.. but nevertheless it's still entertaining to watch.... coz im impressed with anthony wong and chapman to's acting :)

jay is still the diao... **wink**

the racing scenes are still good....

but they sure did alter a lot of settings from the anime.... :(

guess, this would have been a good movie if you havent watched the anime... hehehe...

Hey dadedum thanks for the info and links. I copied your post and edited into the first post if you dont mind.

since i got to watch the anime __ currently waiting for the stage 4-> ep 19th to be available for downloading...),

it comes out next week! :)

Guest kuchiki_byakuya

Hey dadedum thanks for the info and links. I copied your post and edited into the first post if you dont mind.

it comes out next week! :)

yahoo good to know!!! B)

btw OT, KON is so cute in your avatar :lol:

Guest 1KRZYFCKer

awesome movie, but i don't really like the art of the anime/manga.

directors did a great job, but it was expected since Internal Affairs was just as good.

Guest Acoustic

Post #81.

I d/l'ed and watched it when it first came out. :lol:

I watched it with my boyfriend because he loves cars (and he's seen some of the Initial D anime series), while I liked the cast, haha.

The movie was alright, but not great.

Jay's acting skills I found to be a bit bland.

But the races were awesome!

Guest dadedum

^ i think there is gonna be a Initial D 2 to it .. fergot where i heard about it .. but ya .. they're gonna continue it ..

as for Intitial D .. Jay's acting wasnt so that good but the scenes of racing was awesome ..

yeh i think there's already talks that they'll be filming the next one in the Swiss Alps.

Guest tinyblueangel

I thought that this movie was just ok...the racing scenes were really cool but that's basically it for me. Jay's performance was ok...but his role didn't really have much room for great acting.

Guest Special Ed

This movie sux. The only thing I like about it is the fact that they managed to get 3 hot guys in it. The storyline was kinda cheesy and I hate how they went away from the anime and sort of made their story. Ryosuke and Takeshi were NOT friends and did not hang out and drank pepsi together. Bunta did NOT abuse Takumi. And one thing I really hate is that they did not have Keisuke, Ryosuke's younger brother. He is like also one of the MOST important characters in the anime!

Just my opinion. No hurt I hope. Blah. This movie was kinda disappointing to me cuz I'm a fan of the anime.

Archived