--lupe Fiasco--

Guest Tonyc402

Guest Tonyc402

A True Hip Hop Artist
I tried searching for any Lupe Fiasco Threads , but didnt see any so i thot i could post this. IMO Lupe Fiasco is a great hip hop artist and every song of his are very lyrical. A want to share and know what people think of him.=]

Lupe Fiasco

220px-720005495_l.jpg

lupe_fiasco.jpg

427752771l0vx.jpg

Lupe%20GQ.jpg

Born: February 17 1981

Genre: Rap

Place of birth: Chicago

Religion: Muslim

Biography

Wasalu Muhammad Jaco (born on February 17, 1981 in Chicago, Illinois) known by the stage name Lupe Fiasco is an African-American rapper. Raised on the west side of Chicago as the youngest of nine siblings, Lupe developed a taste for art and a sharp artistic sense, which he says he owes to both his parents. His father was an African drummer, and his mother a gourmet chef who traveled the world.

Lupe Fiasco is the youngest of four brothers. He has five sisters. His father was a prolific African drummer, and his mother was a gourmet chef. Lupe began to rap when he was in the 8th grade, but began to pursue it fully when he turned 17. He is highly influenced by Crucial Conflict and Nas among others. Lupe regards It Was Written as one of his favorite albums and cites it as his primary source inspiration.

Career

Lupe has previously been on label Epic with his group,"Da Pak", and then signed a solo deal with Arista Records. In 2003 under Arista Records, Lupe dropped the single "Pop Pop" where he presented himself as a gangsta rapper with lyrics glorifying both gun use and jewels. [1] During this time, he also had guest appearances on singles from Tha' Rayne (2002's "Kiss Me" and 2003's "Didn't You Know and K Fox (2004's "This Life"), then Arista folded in 2004 and Lupe was signed to Atlantic Records. Jay-Z, emcee and current president of Def Jam Records, was so impressed with Lupe that he offered to sign him to Def Jam records (around the time of The Blueprint & The Black Album), but Lupe declined, having already started his "1st and 15th" label. Jay-Z decided to assist him in the production of his album.[3]

In the early summer of 2006, East-Coast rap artist Fabolous said he wanted to do a collaboration with Lupe.

Lupe is also known for his involvement in the "streetwear" culture. He frequently shows supports for brands such as FALSE/LMAC, DPMHI, CLOT, Dekoi and Artful Dodger. Lupe is also close friends with many of the owners of the brands he punts like Le Messie (FALSE/LMAC) , Hardy Blechman (MHI), Edison Chen (CLOT) etc. He also has been known to post on the Hypebeast.com forum.

Discography

130px-FoodandLiquor.png

Food and Liquer

lupe_fiascos_the_cool.jpg

The Cool

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iridescence

I definitely love Lupe's songs. He's got a really good flow and I can see him goin` places. I really enjoy his song "I Gotcha". It has such an awesome beat. I can't stop listening to it.

I can't wait until his clothesline comes out!

oh man Fabolous and him should really collab <33 haha...anyways you don't even know how frustrating it is, a lot of people where i live & know hate him ..i'll admit i didn't like kick, push but his other songs are good. i don't know ..they just rather listen to what's commercial ...

Guest tomatoboi

Yess, Lupe, chitown represent. Lupe is really the only few rappers out there that stay true to themselves.. His lyrics are just.. DOPE ya know? I was listening to one of his mixtapes and he said " shoutout to my man Edison Chen" . I never knew they worked, or know each other?

Guest Tonyc402

Yess, Lupe, chitown represent. Lupe is really the only few rappers out there that stay true to themselves.. His lyrics are just.. DOPE ya know? I was listening to one of his mixtapes and he said " shoutout to my man Edison Chen" . I never knew they worked, or know each other?

Yeah suppoosedly they are good friends cuz Lupe is into a lot of the streetwear stuff.

Guest tomatoboi

Ahh ic ic, but yeah, alotta black people from my school dislike Lupe because hes a SKATEBOARDER..which is pretty F'd up. This was the convo i heard.

person1: yo man, u hear dat new Lupe joint? Kick Push? Its pretty tight !

person2: hell naw, the whole songs about skateboarding..

person1: o foreal? F' Dat, the song sucks.

I was just sitting there like -_- listening to them.

Guest Tonyc402

Ahh ic ic, but yeah, alotta black people from my school dislike Lupe because hes a SKATEBOARDER..which is pretty F'd up. This was the convo i heard.

person1: yo man, u hear dat new Lupe joint? Kick Push? Its pretty tight !

person2: hell naw, the whole songs about skateboarding..

person1: o foreal? F' Dat, the song sucks.

I was just sitting there like -_- listening to them.

Thats quite a shame, ahh well dun mind them

I dunno...I feel like he's a hypebeast.

Is he?

His songs are alright though.

WHAT IS THAT!?!?!?! lol i asked in the streetwear thread but nobody answered... :ph34r:

and yeah i like lupe's songs.a few years ago when i went to Eminem's cocert, i had got a mix cd from ARISTAcats that had a freestyle from him...it was pretty fly!

dunno where it is right now tho...i should look for it..it had some hot ish on it...

Guest Tonyc402

WHAT IS THAT!?!?!?! lol i asked in the streetwear thread but nobody answered... :ph34r:

and yeah i like lupe's songs.a few years ago when i went to Eminem's cocert, i had got a mix cd from ARISTAcats that had a freestyle from him...it was pretty fly!

dunno where it is right now tho...i should look for it..it had some hot ish on it...

sumone replied to u with a video hahaha..

Anywayz my fave song is " American Terrorist"

Guest StrawberryPunch

I like Lupe His music's cool. Those Kids from ur school are corny *followers*..How u gonna say a song is tight, then in the next sec say it sux cuz its about skating?...Anyways, I think hes the one that started the whole skating thing in the hood I used 2 live in lol.outta no where these boys just started using sb. I thought it was pretty cool 2 watch them.

Archived