• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jinkzzmec

• zetta

• pechumori

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So that my all other chingus are sending text messages to Kang Ji Hwan, I just created something different! It is OK if my art work can't reach him. But it's an honor to create this for a senior versa

Hello lovelies....   My dear @nohamahamoud2002 chingu!! I am so surprised that you are so obssessed with KJH's 2008 drama Hong Gil Dong!!  He he he.... I should check him out in it!! Tagging

Hey @Lawyerh @nohamahamoud2002 @phoenix24 & other lovelies....    This is for you from me...     

Hello lovelies....

My dear @nohamahamoud2002 chingu!! I am so surprised that you are so obssessed with KJH's 2008 drama Hong Gil Dong!! :wub: He he he.... I should check him out in it!! Tagging dear @Lawyerh & @phoenix24 friends as well!! :D

And how about his new drama..??! Looking forward to see him in 1 st script reading!! :)

• Like 8
7 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Hello lovelies....

My dear @nohamahamoud2002 chingu!! I am so surprised that you are so obssessed with KJH's 2008 drama Hong Gil Dong!! :wub: He he he.... I should check him out in it!! Tagging dear @Lawyerh & @phoenix24 friends as well!! :D

And how about his new drama..??! Looking forward to see him in 1 st script reading!! :)

it is so good. It is has many comic scenes. All the cast are doing such a wonderful job. The drama itself has a very good plot about the tyrant king and Robin Hood (KJH) who is fighting for justice. The prince himself is very good too, but he is a bit Machiavellian. I like historical dramas when I understand them :D sometimes they are not easy. But still, the idea itself about the bad ruler can belong to any age, because it is about dictatorship. Kang Ji Hwan is excellent here. I am so surprised that he was able to act this brilliantly at that early time. I mean his real talent shows in this drama. He expresses so many feelings. If you really want to see his good acting, you shouldn't miss this work. 

@phoenix24 was the one who encouraged me to keep watching Hong Gil Dong. I found it a bit long (24 episodes not 16 as usual :D ) So I decided to watch slowly as I really don't concentrate easily

I expect KJH will look handsome in Joseon Survival :)

imagine this photo :D of bae yong joon from a drama known as "The Legend". He is a king, but really looks so good. So historical dramas are not that bad after all :)

Spoiler

356e8d9c620b6c9b43b9c52d9e072c20.jpg

my friends, I watched Rough Cut today. It is wonderful. I strongly recommend it

I adore the music

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@nohamahamoud2002  I do agree with you on Hong Gil Dong... it is such a good drama. If I remember correctly, it is the first fusion-saguek of its kind and in 2008, it was considered ahead of its time. HGD was Hong Sisters’ first (and  so far their only venture) into fusion-saguek which, to me, makes it even more special. 

HGD, as a fusion-saguek, was much easier to watch and understand than the traditional saguek (historical) dramas. The light-hearted approach to its storytelling made it more entertaining. HGD incorporated both rom-com and fantasy elements into the traditional saguek stories of palace politics, assasination plots, and power struggles. 

Kang Ji Hwan, to me, did a superb job in his portrayal of the title character. His acting was spot on in both the comedic and heartwrenching scenes. He is one of those actors who can switch from acting silly to crying   scenes in a split second. For any KJH fan, I do think that HGD is a must-see drama.

I have also seen Rough Cut when it first came out. I think I even saw it on CGV theater when it was showing here in LA. I also have the DVD of the movie in one of my memorabilia boxes in the storage . His acting is great in that movie  and he bagged a bunch of new actor awards for it (blue dragon, film critics award, korean film award, baeksang arts awards,  and busan film critics awards). i think the awards were true testaments to how good his acting in Rough Cut was.

addendum: KJh also won best new actor in the 46th Grand Bell Awards but he was awarded the said award for My GF is an Agent which was released in 2009. I guess both Rough Cut and My GF is an Agent made it to the same cut-off time for the award season for Grand Bell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, jinkzzmec said:

. His acting is great in that movie  and he bagged a bunch of new actor awards for it (blue dragon, film critics award, korean film award, baeksang arts awards,  and busan film critics awards). i think the awards were true testaments to how good his acting in Rough Cut was.

I liked the transformation of Ji-Hwan's character from the arrogant selfish actor who only cared about his image and hurt the feelings of his secret girlfriend to a more caring person at the end. So Ji Sub did an excellent job too, I was so drawn to his acting. I know Ji-hwan is never like that to his fans. In real life he loves his fans so much.

• Like 2

6 Underrated K-Dramas That Deserve More Love

Apr 11, 2019         by Raine0211

Spring is here, and Dramaland is busier than ever as it adds dramas to keep us addicts satisfied over the course of 2019. Networks have expanded coverage, and Hallyu is full to the brim with talent. But what about those dramas that didn’t quite shine as they might have? These are dramas that have had high production costs, amazing performances by actors, or stellar scripting that fell under the radar for one reason or another. Fear no more, because I’m here to guide you through.

Feel Good to Die

5-540x808.jpg

Quirky. That is my one word to describe this drama. It takes “Groundhog Day” to the next level and makes the transformation of Kang Ji Hwan’s absolutely awful boss character into a decent human being actually believable. It is the mystical element of Baek Jin Hee’s strange time travel (she lives the same day over and over again until she can figure out how to break the cycle) that allows for her to heal Kang Ji Hwan and him, in turn, to heal her and eradicate the scourges of their company.

source: soompi

• Like 2
On 4/11/2019 at 8:16 AM, phoenix24 said:

https://www.kcrush.com/keeping-up-with-kang-ji-hwan-in-2019/

Nice to know he's getting recognize among Korean actors.  Although, still a little behind on news.

The article is so beautiful dear!! :wub: I've read it all!! And his all works are beautifully aligned there! I really hope his new drama receives more love & recognition from his fans all around the world! :love: I think we have less popular K-actors in his age line except So Ji Sub & Jang Hyuk! And Kang Ji Hwan is the next one!! :) So no worries, @Lawyerh @nohamahamoud2002  @phoenix24 & @jinkzzmec lovelies!!!! His new drama will bring him good luck!! Fingers crossed!! :)

Love you big oppa, Kang Ji Hwan..  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Just finished his old drama - be Strong Geum Soon - see the younger and Cuter side 

of KJH ... 

i m now watching Capital scandal n 

children of God - 

well as I discovered him only recently, 

i have lots to catch up on this vesaltile 

guy... 

must say he has really improved n matured 

thru the years ... 

the younger days was funny n yet charming .. 

the recent years acting showed his wanting to 

do more challenging roles ... 

i am am still enjoying the mischievous and funny side of him .. 

looking forward to his new drama 

but I hope the new role - please do not have too many suffering scene - at least shows us more of his Romantic side ... as we all know age is catching up for him - there’s less chance for him to do the young n energetic- dying for Love type of role - 

Just hope this new drama he will have good 

ending n not the usual open ended ending ...

abit depressing!!

good Luck 

• Like 3

@Lawyerh hi - 

FGTD was funny - he was really good for that 

role - I like that actress - she’s good and they have chemistry too - but abit disappointed that 

there wasn’t much romance in the story .

tink he felt abit old too acting with the younger 

actors n actress... 

Children of Lesser God - still in the midst 

I don’t expect romance here too - but well 

happy to see him !! 

I m giving Capital Scandal a try - tink he had great chemistry wf Han Ji Min ( a little short for him) . 

I m enjoying it so far -

• Like 2
12 hours ago, wintertimes said:

@Lawyerh hi - 

FGTD was funny - he was really good for that 

role - I like that actress - she’s good and they have chemistry too - but abit disappointed that 

there wasn’t much romance in the story .

tink he felt abit old too acting with the younger 

actors n actress... 

Children of Lesser God - still in the midst 

I don’t expect romance here too - but well 

happy to see him !! 

I m giving Capital Scandal a try - tink he had great chemistry wf Han Ji Min ( a little short for him) . 

I m enjoying it so far -

Try fireworks and Hong Gil-dong. He was young and charming 

I don't care for romance but I feel in pain when there are crying scenes, I prefer comedy, in most of his works there is good comedy, KJH'S sense of humour is so good 

@Lawyerh btw I finally gave up coffee, I stopped since last October (I used to drink two cups daily for 18 years for low blood pressure, but unlike you, I don't like coffee at all)

However I can't stop following KJH. So I guess his effect is stronger than coffee. :D:D

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

@jinkzzmec thanks so much for the article. Its indeed deserved more love from fans for FGTD :heart:. Btw do you also like FGTD and Baek Jin Sang ? :kiss_wink:

@Lawyerh FGTD is fun to watch and KJH is perfect for the role because he is able to showcase his comedic sense... it was quite enjoyable.

@phoenix24 Thank u for sharing the article regarding Ji Hwan in your previous post. I enjoyed reading it. The article highlights KJH’s journey from a newbie actor to the present... hoping that more people will recognize his talent and more success for him in the future

• Like 3