Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

jinkzzmec

On 2/15/2019 at 8:42 PM, Lawyerh said:

Since @Heidi Seow busy with Monster, i try to drag @gm4queen to watch Coffee House with me. Haha dont know whats her thought on that drama. Im curious to know. 

Yeah i seldom use the phrase "burn my tv screen" you know :lol::sweatingbullets:. Even BJS actually not burning my screen, hes more cute & ideal husband hahaha....But Lee Jin Soo in Coffee House is the bad boy type you will love & hate at the same time. 

Haha. His handsomeness definitely 200% out of the cellar in Coffee House:wub:. I love the couple Jinsoo and Eunyoung so much! Especially those first eps when they sit and goofing around together! 

The later part did become much more interesting but i’m kind of sad that their relationship was saddening and didnt have much goofy scenes anymore :huh:

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lawyerh yesss! I started rooting for them from ep 5 onward! Actually at the moment Eunyoung’s ex questioned about her relationship with Jinsoo! I love their desperate love for each other, love their angst, love Jinsoo stubborness, love everything about the way they interacted with each other! For me their story was so heartbreaking but so realistic!

I think Lee Jinsoo is husband material, but only to Eunyoung haha. I’ve never thought of him as boyfriend material. If he doesnt have Eunyoung, he should not (or can never) end up with anyone else lol.

For me, i was not confused between 2 ships bc i honestly didnt feel any attraction from Jinsoo to Seungyeon the whole time. He was definitely having only Eunyoung in his heart. Later, after ep 9, i realized he cant even live without her (even for 1 day). Eunyoung was the center of his world and every decision or reaction he made was always revolving around her! And he was like that for 10 years, even before he got married! And i sense (actually i know) that his desperated love for her made his marrige down fall (or even led to his ex wife’s suicide) & bc of that he could never be with Eunyoung! So the only thing i was confused about the story is how can he get enough courage to get over that guilt to fight for his love at the end!

I was not active in soompi when the drama aired so cant jump in the craze there haha. Still one of my big regret!

Btw, i have a gift for you! A rewritten Coffee House based on Lee Jinsoo’s story! And the chingu there is so gifted with her writing talent! 

http://sharingtotheworld.blogspot.com/2010/10/coffee-house-jin-soos-story.html?m=1

The playful interact between Jinsoo and his secretary is to balance the drama and angst between the main couple i think. And from Jinsoo's view, he never looks at Seungyeon in any romantic light but a secretary to bully and lecture to release stress :joy: so his action toward her is purely for his own devilish entertaining. And maybe in the beginning he really thinks of her as a tool like a table or the eraser (like what he said in later ep, maybe ep 12 lol). 

-------------------------

For the realization that JS cant live without EY, here's some scenes

-in ep 11 (telephone booth talking): they say about their 10 years relationship and JS asks if 1 minute can express his affection for her for 10 years => this means JS has been in love with her for 10 years (my guess is like a love at first sight thing bc i think they also 1st met 10 ys ago). 

-in ep 7 (EY sleeps at JS's hotel room): that night JS goes to movie theater with Seungyeon and there's a short recall of their student time when EY is already with Jiwon  (his reaction shows he's already in love with her at the time) and his ex-wife was not in the picture yet! => this means JS loves EY way before starting the relationship with his wife.

-in ep 11 (EY asks why he introduces Jinwon for her in the 1st place and later he reveals bc Jinwon's action is expected so he will feel at ease that Jinwon will not make her sad) => he at least has some caring feeling for her at that time (but maybe too scared to step forward). I used to think the reason he introduced her to Jinwon is bc he's already married at the time but rewatch ep 7 scene above it was not the case, it was just his cowardice.

-in ep 8 (the kiss!): i've read sometimes long ago about the making of the scene and the PD retakes the scene 20 times! bc he wants to fully show JS long repressed love for EY through the kiss. The way he immediately kisses her back shows that he's desperate for this kiss! and the moment she touches him he loses sense of reality, also his mind! (Seungyeon initiates her kiss with him too but his reaction is bleh :joy:, he shoves her away immediately!)

-in ep 9 (he calls Seungyeon when she's having a family dinner): he says he is bored to death! and then takes lots of drugs => he feels like dying to think that there's something bad happen to EY.

-in ep 10 (that collapse!): normally ppl dont collapse when worrying for someone (in JS's case: worry for a friend). This must be caused by very strong depression which affects too much on his mental health and eventually his physical state! This kind of extreme/overwhelming emotion may cause the kill of his life!

-in ep 7 (EY scolds him: can u even live if not for writing?) and in ep 10 (after she informs the ending of their contract, JS says he has no reason to write anymore, bc we know he writes to be near her!) => put this together may link to the result: bc of the contract with EY that he keeps on living (or not wastes his life on drug and alcohol like before. well but this equal ending his life bc in the state we see him alone in the hotel room after his wife's death, sooner or later he would think of commit suicide if those drugs dont kill him first!). So the main reason for living is not the writing but her! 

-in ep 9 (the last phone of his ex-wife blames him: how can you be happy and i cant? Dont feel bother by me. But you're really to much!) => this i guess the ex-wife knew about his love for EY and that eventually led to her suicide. If JS is just an 'intolerant' guy then why she has to kill herself after divorcing him? 

------------------------------

Yes i do agree he wants to cure his mental illness to have a chance with her in that 2 years apart!

Also, his disappearance for 2 years i think is for not letting his emotion become too overwhelming that leads to breaking their borderline (1st: EY is his ex-wife's best friend, 2nd: his love for EY may cause the dearth of his wife). He frequently did that in the past also (i think it were those times when his affection for her was to great to endure, so he had to run away). This time he even kisses her, TWICE! (he might be exploded with desire and hunger! lol) + he sees how hard she's been through => go away is the best choice.  

-------------

Looking back, JS must be a saint for enduring his affection for her that long! (12 years in total :crazy:). Look at the way he kisses her! It would not be overestimate to say he dreams of making her his million of times throughout the years :joy: And those hungry and desperate kisses was hella not enough!:P

wow @angiedramadive you really know this drama in and out.  hihi I don't know where to begin so I will skip the quoting @Lawyerh.

1. Yeah, I was not confuse on love part.  Sometime there is a bit of doubt because I do wonder if it'll be cliche kdrama style like lawyerh mention because of screentime or if they'll try to shock us since they made such a big deal about triangle with poster.  I do like the main lead relationship with the president.  It's deep and they really understand each other.

2. The secretary was the only other person that he lets inside his bubble and trust.  Maybe not love interest, but her part is still significant.  She does also inspire him to be a better man or pick the right road.

3.  Hm..interesting point about marriage,  I never thought of it that way.  I do know that he liked her for a while.  Yea, when they were at the movie i thought it was a bit off, just wasn't sure on timeline.  Some people have chemistry, but realization about love sometime comes much later.

4.  Actually, I said he went to fix his mental state is because of the kiss.  If he want to not cross the border the last thing he needs to do is confuse her or hurt her more.  At one point, she said if he only show any sign he was coming back.  To me, that was his sign.  The one thing he did or show that is true about his feelings.  This was after he told her what the problem was so for me he went to find the solution.  As soon as he came back, he continue where he left off and went to propose right away.  As quirky/odd as he is, I find everything he does have reason and purpose.

@Lawyerh @phoenix24 ha, my craze for CH is back so i re-watched some scenes and realize some interpretations of mine in the previous post was inaccurate, which is:

JS knows his ex-wife before EY, not after.

In ep 6, Seungyeon was talking with EY's employees and figured out that JS knew EY bc she is his wife's best friend in university. So his love for EY may blossom somewhere in the middle or before his marriage. This and maybe also his odd personality split his marriage up.

In ep 3, Jiwon told Seungyeon that the quadruple (JS, EY, Jiwon, JS's ex-wife) always stick together in university => this explains the recall of JS in ep 7 takes place in their student time. Not sure why his ex-wife was not in the picture but JS definitely had feeling for EY at the time. 

So i think the timeline would be this:

JS meets his wife -> comes to know EY -> starts falling for EY (maybe b4 or in the middle of the marriage) -> introduces Jiwon to EY (to get over his feeling for her) -> his marriage downs fall (but somehow he still manages to keep a very good relationship with EY) -> his ex-wife suicides -> JS gets depression -> EY makes him work with her -> some run away now and then bc of his growing affection for EY -> Jiwon betrays EY -> the beginning of the drama.

About the 2 years apart, i think he should state clearer if he ever come back. Bc in EY's view, she has already prepared to send him away, for good. It shows in this 2 scenes:

1. The talking at the train station's phone booth (ep 11): JS says staying beside EY is the same as living with his ex for the rest of his life, so he needs to go away to stop this illness => doesnt this mean he needs to stay away from her for his whole life to stop feeling his ex's presence? And EY agrees with him.

2. Their farewell (ep 12): EY tells JS just go, she wont look for him and she wishes he could find someone else who suits him.

=> if JS wants her to wait for him, he at least should say something when knowing all these signs she's giving. Instead, he keeps silent and goes with the flow. 

In my opinion, at this time he's still very conflicted. He wants to be with her but doesnt have the confidence that he would get over his illness. So he just leaves her hanging there.

JS himself is always conflicted with things related to EY (he wants to stay beside her but also doesnt want to cross the border). The decision of staying away from her was 1st informed in ep 8, in the morning at the hotel room (this time, he runs away bc of his growing love for her, so he sets the time: 2 years to ease up his burning desire). But after the train kiss, his intention changes into curing his mental to have a chance with her (and he doesnt know how long will it take so he didnt state any time).

But EY doesnt catch his last intention bc of confusing signs he was giving her all those years => she stops waiting for him.

And that's it...for today, haha.

Sorry for bothering you guys with this loooooooong post but i cant stop it :joy:

PS: Kang Ji Hwan with black hair, glasses and T-shirt/turtle neck is my all time favorite! Thanks for all the pics, guys :wub:

3 hours ago, angiedramadive said:

@Lawyerh @phoenix24 ha, my craze for CH is back so i re-watched some scenes and realize some interpretations of mine in the previous post was inaccurate, which is:

JS knows his ex-wife before EY, not after.

In ep 6, Seungyeon was talking with EY's employees and figured out that JS knew EY bc she is his wife's best friend in university. So his love for EY may blossom somewhere in the middle or before his marriage. This and maybe also his odd personality split his marriage up.

In ep 3, Jiwon told Seungyeon that the quadruple (JS, EY, Jiwon, JS's ex-wife) always stick together in university => this explains the recall of JS in ep 7 takes place in their student time. Not sure why his ex-wife was not in the picture but JS definitely had feeling for EY at the time. 

So i think the timeline would be this:

JS meets his wife -> comes to know EY -> starts falling for EY (maybe b4 or in the middle of the marriage) -> introduces Jiwon to

About the 2 years apart, i think he should state clearer if he ever come back. Bc in EY's view, she has already prepared to send him away, for good. It shows in this 2 scenes:

1. The talking at the train station's phone booth (ep 11): JS says staying beside EY is the same as living with his ex for the rest of his life, so he needs to go away to stop this illness => doesnt this mean he needs to stay away from her for his whole life to stop feeling his ex's presence? And EY agrees with him.

2. Their farewell (ep 12): EY tells JS just go, she wont look for him and she wishes he could find someone else who suits him.

=> if JS wants her to wait for him, he at least should say something when knowing all these signs she's giving. Instead, he keeps silent and goes with the flow. 

In my opinion, at this time he's still very conflicted. He wants to be with her but doesnt have the confidence that he would get over his illness. So he just leaves her hanging there.

JS himself is always conflicted with things related to EY (he wants to stay beside her but also doesnt want to cross the border). The decision of staying away from her was 1st informed in ep 8, in the morning at the hotel room (this time, he runs away bc of his growing love for her, so he sets the time: 2 years to ease up his burning desire). But after the train kiss, his intention changes into curing his mental to have a chance with her (and he doesnt know how long will it take so he didnt state any time).

But EY doesnt catch his last intention bc of confusing signs he was giving her all those years => she stops waiting for him.

And that's it...for today, haha.

Sorry for bothering you guys with this loooooooong post but i cant stop it :joy:

PS: Kang Ji Hwan with black hair, glasses and T-shirt/turtle neck is my all time favorite! Thanks for all the pics, guys :wub:

Yea, right after he said seeing her is like being with ex-wife (the problem.)  He also, said he felt like he can forget his ex-wife by leaving now when EY asked.  I think he was afraid to confront it before.  I think JS always looking out for EY.  He was determine to fix his "disease" because he said never imagine a new and better life=moving on from her.  I think he was unclear because he always put her first and like you said he doesn't know how long it would take just that it would be a destructive relationship/pattern if he doesn't.  However, I felt he was confident it can be done now while before he said don't think he could even if he tried.

Everything depends on EY.  He always check and act according to her like in last few eps unless there is proof otherwise that she'll be unhappy.  I think his one minute can be 10 years remark.  You mention is timeline or how long he liked her, but then he can just show her alone with kiss.  However, he asked after are you ok with that?  For me, that can also mean is she willing to wait.  I'm not giving him a freebie on being confusing, but this couple has always talked in riddles.

Lol, not bother at all.  Your post are always interesting.

12 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

Black hair? Checked.

Glasses? Checked.

White shirt? Checked.

@Heidi Seow my vain best friend, where are you? Have you finished your Monster and start Coffee House ? Hahaha.... i know you wont be able to resist such a handsome guy. 

I'm here @Lawyerh Chingu~~~~~:lol: OMG the photos are strike to my heart!! The second photo, I cant handle those eyes. :wub:

I'm still stucked in Monster ep25 :bawling: coz last few days was so busy and I got event coming up. (well back to reality after festive season, need to work hard. :joy:) I'm not sure when I can continue Monster and seriously cant wait to watch Coffee House.. 

Ok I got to repost this photo @phoenix24 This photo appeared at KJH's house. Entrance area. :wub::wub: I like this photo so much~~

b151f34fd750b932bef9cce53728c9bd.jpg&key

13 minutes ago, Heidi Seow said:

Ok I got to repost this photo @phoenix24 This photo appeared at KJH's house. Entrance area. :wub::wub: I like this photo so much~~

Haha I had feeling you would go for that photo.  I do love that look too.  It's funny when I was looking for KJH's pics there was one pic of CD with glasses smiling brightly.  

34 minutes ago, phoenix24 said:

Haha I had feeling you would go for that photo.  I do love that look too.  It's funny when I was looking for KJH's pics there was one pic of CD with glasses smiling brightly.  

Hahaha! This photo just a perfect for me. :wub: and maybe because his glasses almost same like mine.. hahaha. :lol:

Well both them have sunshine smile, so probably they mix up.. :lol: :sweatingbullets: 

1 hour ago, Lawyerh said:

Hide contents

1. I dont fancy his bleached hair after ep.12. Not sure why drama always want to "remake the person"  just to convey message that he is a reformed person. 

2. I like the conversation between JS-EY talking about SY-DW on similar unique people can meet their half others easily. They still dare to talk about other people relationship hahaha. 

3. I normally dont really like passionate kiss in drama. But this one really well done. All the feelings they repressed finally come out.

4. Luckily i dont watch this drama during live. I probably already pull out my hair & screaming for OTP to be together. Haha...

haha, i actually giggle at your side note because:

1. It's Kang Ji Hwan's idea to have that make over lol. He loves bleaching his hair, he did this in other projects also, so he's the only one to blame :joy:. His fan even begged him: "please dont do this to urself (bleaching hair)". lmao.

2. That 2 people are a couple in hell lol. They're not really kind people, to be honest. They like to play pranks on people and laugh about it together. Seungyeon and Jiwon were the only 2 victims we can witness, dont know how many more to count hahaha. But i'm loving it when seeing them so in sync in this devilishness. It's true that they're the only one can suit each other taste lol.

3. There's something interesting about the kisses and the couple's progress in the drama. The 1st was initiated by EY - EY reveals her true feeling for JS. The 2nd was initiated by JS - JS finally opens his heart to her. The 3rd was mutual - this is when they're already confirm their feeling for each other. So i must say this is very fair and mutual for their relationship.

4. There was an OTP war! An enormous one lol! That's why the CH soompi is 400 pages long! And in other sites there were lots of discussions too. Go check dramabeans for their CH thread. There's hundreds comments below each ep recap :crazy:

And i agree with most of your main note, except the time JS falls in love with EY (haha, that crazy man after 9 years still makes ppl crazy and puzzle at his action!).

I think it should be sometimes around his marriage (or when he's still together with his wife), not after. As i see, JS already has feeling for her the moment he introduces Jiwon to her (this is revealed in ep 11 and 12: EY asks why he introduced her to Jiwon -> JS (before train kiss): joking around to hide his real intention but JS (after train kiss): telling the truth that he thinks expected Jiwon wont make EY heartbroken). And we know that the 4 always stick together before the divorce => JS developed his feeling for EY even before he broke up with his wife.

In another light, i think EY has feeling for him around the same time too. As in ep 11 conversation, she said she dated Jiwon bc he's the one JS introduced & she also thought JS was sincere with her at that moment (we all know what 'sincere' means to them). 

2 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Yes we'll wait for you. 3 of us @angiedramadive & @phoenix24 compete on writing long essays about Coffee House. Because the drama is so intriguing. We will wait for your essay too haha B). Its funny that were stuck with 2010 drama and have long discussion on it. I bet other soompiers dont do this.:)

Heidi i laughed at the bold words there. You even knew oppa house entrance muahahaha..... :lol::lol: 

Hahaha! Real Man 300 show his house too clear that I cant resisted loop that part. :lol: feel like I'm a stalker now. :lol::sweatingbullets: 

Ok, I try my best finish Monster asap and I'm trying not to read you guys essay. Afraid spoilers :lol:

Dear @Lawyerh @nohamahamoud2002 @phoenix24 & @Heidi Seow ~~~~ :wub:

I just started to watch the 1st ep of Coffee House & OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! Who is this ultra cute eye-glasses guy in it..??!! Does anyone know him..? :D :D :D :D He is soooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet like a candy bar!!!

52877906_2155759031402298_62338682710413

52902805_2155758971402304_49025624036710

52592543_2155759091402292_28204328291779

He he he.... I've only watch the first 30mins of the 1st ep yet & I have to continue the next half later because my younger sis is asking me for the PC.... But I am highly looking forward to see the next eps...!!! The 1st impression is just great, guys!!!! :wub: I am pretty attracted to young KJH here! And he he he... Someone mentioned barista.... :D :D :D :D See you later!!!!!

4 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Dear @Lawyerh @nohamahamoud2002 @phoenix24 & @Heidi Seow ~~~~ :wub:

He he he.... I've only watch the first 30mins of the 1st ep yet & I have to continue the next half later because my younger sis is asking me for the PC.... But I am highly looking forward to see the next eps...!!! The 1st impression is just great, guys!!!! :wub: I am pretty attracted to young KJH here! And he he he... Someone mentioned barista.... :D :D :D :D See you later!!!!!

So happy you're watching it.  Hihi that's why the girl fall for him right away and sees sparkles or stars.

14 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

About 2 years dissapearing act, writer dont give too much explanation except for some time he go to India for travelling. And on that 2 years he also didnt call EY at all ha! And she already moving on. But he seems have confidence EY will wait for him. While the later already said shes not going to wait for him anymore.

Hihi I actually get his logic even though it's not right.  She said she wouldn't wait for him, but I think that is also to ease his mind so that he can leave and not look back.  Remember the strong character is suppose to be her charm after all.  You can't blame him for being somewhat surprise to the person she end up with.

Now towards his mess up logic you say?!?  How can he possibly think she would wait?

I think for him, it's more didn't  think she would move on that soon.  I mean they been through this mess up relationship for 10 or so years.  In that time, we didn't even see him date despite his jokes about female fans and how popular he is.  I think that's why she was kind of hostile towards the secretary in the beginning as some audience mentioned.  Every time he left it was about that amount of time and I don't think he gave news then either.  Some people can find someone easily and will marry, but others would only marry someone they love which is not always easy to find.

Oh ís the lying part what made you think he is bad boyfriend type or not husband material?  I think I gave that a pass because he lie to protect her.  Also, even in the cliche kdrama husband material type like he was in Lie To Me.  They always hurt the ones they love when they have a misunderstanding which can last for like half the drama or more.  Sometime in a way that is too childish and nasty for my taste.  This is what I find refreshing about this couple.  Even when they fight, they think about it and in the end have each other's back.

13 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

I just found this review @angiedramadive & @phoenix24, perhaps you gals already read it. I fancy her opinion and its very similar with mine. I also rate it 8.5 and she gave 8. Its just that i think she said writer doing good job, while for me she definetly can do better actually. 

http://kdramaguk.blogspot.com/2010/08/coffee-house-2010.html?m=1

Great link.  She put it very nicely.  I wasn't focusing on the love triangle.  I was more focus on his character development.  Sometime I would fight against my comments/opinions too if I were to try and see the other side.

13 hours ago, Lawyerh said:

And i also read Angie link given before, and i forgot to mentioned one of the writer comment that striking out to me is she liked 'bad' guy more than the good one hahaha... Those that like this show must have some penchant for bad boyfriend like me too LOL. 

http://sharingtotheworld.blogspot.com/2010/10/coffee-house-jin-soos-story.html?m=1

These days the 2 OST of CH is on my loop playlist. Im crazy about these songs! 

This one is true for thinking that he is a bad boy and only living for himself.  However, the truth is he's totally miserable and is barely just existing instead of living.  He's definitely different and interesting to watch.

Thanks for sharing @Lawyerh.  it does give a few new insights or perspectives.

@Lawyerh this review or blog kind of remind me of you.  I also find the coffee part interesting and that thought did cross my mind.

http://popdramatic.blogspot.com/2011/10/k-drama-review-coffee-house.html

Also, gals @angiedramadive this blog also show how powerful our drama was.  The first drama to actually make her write a review and to like KJH for once. Hihi fun to analyze= have to agree to that with our long essays.

7 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

First time heard of this.  Lol, don't know much about it, but after my vote top 3.  Why am I not surprise most votes go to some young person.  Maybe should split it into groups be more fair.

Archived