Kang Ji Hwan 강지환

jinkzzmec

Guest dadedum

^ that's a good point, i never thought of it. but HJM's also nominated for best actress, so maybe she'll still attend? on the other hand, i read somewhere that BYJ won't be attending (dunno if it's confirmed), so i wonder if KJH would stand a higher chance, since BaekSang's isn't known to awarding someone who's absent...

• Replies 19.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ripgal

Yeap. I'm still hyped about the news..

This is totally a dream come true for me.. never in my life have I been THIS EXCITED BEFORE! :w00t:

I have been waiting for SJS to come out with a project since he finished military service.. and here comes his surprise, a collab with uri KJH!!! :D:rolleyes::w00t:

I read in So Ji Sub's thread that the director's kinda new.. and Movie is a Movie will be his first project.. hopefully it'll not disappoint..

NOW, the thing is.. who am I going to side in the movie? SJS or KJH? That's really gonna be super difficult for me..

p/s: Can't wait for the Baek Sang tomorrow.. more pics of Ji Hwan to come.. and yes God please bless that he gets an award!

Guest Hanjae

Although I wish to see KJH and HJM..but I am afraid HJM might not come to the Awards...since the vote she got was far less than SYR...

Even if she only came 4th for the Popularity Award, she's still been nominated for the Best Actress category, so she might be attending. If she's not attending, then the chances of her winning that award is considerably smaller. Hope she attends. LSJ should be there as well since he was nominated for Best Actor in Yi San. Too bad Eric and Uhm Tae Woong wouldn't be there since they weren't nominated for anything, or it'd be a huge reunion of HJM's co-stars :P

Guest baby1talk

KYA!! hi guyssss, have you heard this good news??

i read a news in withTG,, it seems our KJH's next project is a movie with SoJiSeob???

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Hi greeny, long time haven't seen you in here. :) Thanks for informing us, I'm very happy. :D

OMG kity!

I just recived a sms from my korean friend with this news and I wanted to write here.

My favorite stars together!!!

Hahha, the first thought that came in my head was that " Sofia is going to be so happy because both of her favorites actors are going to be in the same movie." :) Indeed, it's a very good news. hehe, this thread just jumped 3 pages because of KJH's new movie news.

Kang Ji Hwan and So Ji Sub in a movie, 'Movie is movie'.

Same age two actors are casted in one movie 'Movie is movie'.

SJS is Kang Pae who is real ganster in real life, while Soo Ta(Kang Ji Hwan) is famous movie actor filming gangsters movie.

Soo Ta is top star, everyone envys him. but he is tired of being a topstar. He's making trouble everyday.

One day they meet, become friends, Kang Pae becomes to perform Soo Ta's movie.

They are rivals both in the movie and in real life.

Director is Jang Hoon, this is his first movie.

The filming starts at middle of May.

http://osen.stoo.com/news/html/000/907/719.html

translation done by Saturn of SJS thread

Guest baby1talk

Thanks Jink for more info on their characters....wow, it does sound like The Dirty Carnival like some of you guys mentioned, but regardless, i'm looking forward to it.

Thanks dear, I got the same information from my Korean friend sms. She wrote me "JiHwan in the role of Movie star" I don't know what she means, I will ask later.

Now I have a question: when will JH go to Japan? If the shooting will begin soon in May...

That's what I'm wondering too, so what's going to happen to his plan to stay in Japan for 3 months? kjh is such a workaholic. After wrapping up HGD not too long ago, we though he's going to head to Japan and perhaps get some rest on the way, but now he's working on another project next month. I hope he won't feel so tire. :)

hmm, i wish he would do the Cain & Abel tv drama with SJS instead, that way we get to gawk at them for 20+ hours, instead of 2 :P

Me too, perhaps that can happen since the official casts of Cain and Abel hasn't been confirmed yet, right? Maybe right after the movie, he will star in another series. :D Gosh, i'm so greedy, I just don't want to miss any opportunity of seeing KJH on screen.

Even if she only came 4th for the Popularity Award, she's still been nominated for the Best Actress category, so she might be attending. If she's not attending, then the chances of her winning that award is considerably smaller. Hope she attends. LSJ should be there as well since he was nominated for Best Actor in Yi San. Too bad Eric and Uhm Tae Woong wouldn't be there since they weren't nominated for anything, or it'd be a huge reunion of HJM's co-stars :P

I think she'll be a strong candidate for the Best Actress Category since Yi San garnered such high ratings. :)

i do agree with you on this baby1talk..because of Yi San have a high rating in korea maybe HJM will posibility of winning the best actress category are very high indeed. I'm also concern that maybe KJH will loss the title to the lead actor in Yi San. He is quite a talented actor and the posibility are high for him to win.

hye091, i will watch it soon "I'm sorry i love you" but currently i'm downloading to many dramas. I couldn't find anyone who upload it in veoh with a high quality videos...I need to find again i guess..thanks for informing us about the airing stuff..i will try to view it if i got time..Coursewrk is due and i haven't even start a single word..terrible..

Jinkzz, thanks for telling me the title..I always forget the title but it sort of a melodrama right?Wow, i dun know whether i can take another melo drama since i watch 90 days, time to love..Need to cry again?^hehe^but a lot of ppl recommend me to watch it and one particular friend always demand me to watch it..

Guest baby1talk

i do agree with you on this baby1talk..because of Yi San have a high rating in korea maybe HJM will posibility of winning the best actress category are very high indeed. I'm also concern that maybe KJH will loss the title to the lead actor in Yi San. He is quite a talented actor and the posibility are high for him to win.

hye091, i will watch it soon "I'm sorry i love you" but currently i'm downloading to many dramas. I couldn't find anyone who upload it in veoh with a high quality videos...I need to find again i guess..thanks for informing us about the airing stuff..i will try to view it if i got time..Coursewrk is due and i haven't even start a single word..terrible..

Jinkzz, thanks for telling me the title..I always forget the title but it sort of a melodrama right?Wow, i dun know whether i can take another melo drama since i watch 90 days, time to love..Need to cry again?^hehe^but a lot of ppl recommend me to watch it and one particular friend always demand me to watch it..

I haven't seen I'm Sorry, I Love You yet, but looking forward to see it when I have time. The award is only a couple of hours ago, let's see how it goes. :D

Don't worry Saranghae, the award will start in just a couple of hours. :D Then we can discuss it together.

Guest Yehbaby

Good afternoon all Ji Hwan lovers!

dropping off a fanart...few more hours to go before the big event...looking forward to pic spam!!!

credit:itendstoday for the texture used

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd151/j...anArt200853.jpg

lovely fanart Jinkz, and i'm counting down the hours too! :sweatingbullets:

wow, 'Movie is movie' is an exciting premise if only for the combination of two strong actors in KJH and SJS. (am drooling at the prospect of both hunks baring their chests going at it! :P:wub:) the movie may turn out great or just another gangster movie, i dunno, it'll depend on the script and direction (first time director?). but here's hoping that KJH's first movie will be a smashing success! :D

That's what I'm wondering too, so what's going to happen to his plan to stay in Japan for 3 months? kjh is such a workaholic. After wrapping up HGD not too long ago, we though he's going to head to Japan and perhaps get some rest on the way, but now he's working on another project next month. I hope he won't feel so tire. :)

yeah, he sure is a workaholic! :wacko: but that's good for the fans, hehe.

i think the other strong contenders for Best Actor are Park Shin Yang and then Bae Yong Jun (in that order). may the best man win (i am rooting for KJH though, lol).

Guest baby1talk

Good afternoon all Ji Hwan lovers!

lovely fanart Jinkz, and i'm counting down the hours too! :sweatingbullets:

wow, 'Movie is movie' is an exciting premise if only for the combination of two strong actors in KJH and SJS. (am drooling at the prospect of both hunks baring their chests going at it! :P:wub:) the movie may turn out great or just another gangster movie, i dunno, it'll depend on the script and direction (first time director?). but here's hoping that KJH's first movie will be a smashing success! :D

yeah, he sure is a workaholic! :wacko: but that's good for the fans, hehe.

i think the other strong contenders for Best Actor are Park Shin Yang and then Bae Yong Jun (in that order). may the best man win (i am rooting for KJH though, lol).

Hi Yehbaby, I think this will be KJH's second movie. :) Agree, hope this one will top the box office since 2 handsome men are in it. :) I'm rooting for KJH to win also. :D

Guest baby1talk

Hi there Deemei, the Baeksang Award is aired from 6pm-8pm Korean time on SBS live, not sure if it clashes with On Air airing time or not.

oh then it doesn't clash with the On Air schedule because it aired on 9pm korean time. thanks for informing me baby1talk. i'm so nervous right now, i wonder who will win the best actor award. I wonder r you watching it live later on? ;)

Guest Yehbaby

Hi Yehbaby, I think this will be KJH's second movie. :) Agree, hope this one will top the box office since 2 handsome men are in it. :) I'm rooting for KJH to win also. :D

hiya baby1talk :)

really, it's his second movie? what was his first movie? gosh, i have lots of catching up to do here! :sweatingbullets:

Yehbaby, i think his 1st movie is called Host and guest and it shows on 2005. I haven't watch it yet but he look hot in that movie. i'm sure he will look hot in the upcoming movie too with SJS. Anyways when i read what jinkzz has posted with how the storyline will be i really feel it's like Dirty Carnival.

Guest baby1talk

oh then it doesn't clash with the On Air schedule because it aired on 9pm korean time. thanks for informing me baby1talk. i'm so nervous right now, i wonder who will win the best actor award. I wonder r you watching it live later on? ;)

I want to watch it live later, but I'm studying for an exam right now and it's already past midnight here, I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay awake for another 6 hours to watch it. If not, I'll just come back to this thread tomorrow and find out who the winners are. Like you, I'm very nervous as well. :D

hiya baby1talk :)

really, it's his second movie? what was his first movie? gosh, i have lots of catching up to do here! :sweatingbullets:

Like Deemei mentioned, his first movie was The Host and Guest, which I heard was an independent movie, so quite hard to find online. That's another reason why I haven't get a chance to watch it, I can't find it anywhere online. I remember Hye mentioned that Host and Guest will be released this summer, maybe then I can purchase a copy. :) No worries, there's always plenty of time to know more about KJH. :P

Yehbaby, i think his 1st movie is called Host and guest and it shows on 2005. I haven't watch it yet but he look hot in that movie. i'm sure he will look hot in the upcoming movie too with SJS. Anyways when i read what jinkzz has posted with how the storyline will be i really feel it's like Dirty Carnival.

Talking about the plot of his new movie being similar to The Dirty Carnival, I haven't finished watching that movie yet. :P

baby1talk, me too i don't think so i will be able to watch it online tonight cause i kidda rushing my coursewrk today and i need to finishing off at least 3000 words by today..So stress right now, and i kidda feeling unwell today.Dirty carnival are so sad and i think when you finish watching it you will be disapointed..But if you like Jo in sung this is certainly A must watch movie!!

Few hours more, hope our ji hwan oppa wins the best actor award!!!

Archived