Guest oink

[KBS] Ye Ji Won, Ji Hyun Woo, Kim Ji Young, Jang Dong Jik
OMD3.jpg

OMD1.jpg

Title : Old Miss Diary (KBS-2005)

Cast : Ye Ji Won, Ji Hyun Woo, Kim Ji Young, Oh Yun Ah

Genre : Sitcom (Situation Comedy)

Description:

Mi Ja, Ji Young and Yun Ah are three 30 year old urban single woman..

Mi Ja is a dub actress who is devoted to find a right man before becoming too old, but she failed in every blind date and neglects the best man besides her.

Ji Young’s biggest wish is to marry her actor boyfriend who is with her for ten years; she has too many romantic love imaginations, she had too much to deal with her mother-in-law. She can’t handle the love. She is easily influenced by friends, how should she decide this difficult but precious love?

The hot and attractive girl Yun Ah, is a winner in love. She knows men well and handle them well. Mi Ja and Ji Young admires her, however, at last she failed in a married man.

Additional Info :This drama is also made into movie (2006 released) with the same title and same casts.

OST : Go to Drama and Movies OST Forum Page 5 or Click Me

Character

MiJa.jpg

Mi Ja

JiYoung.jpg

Ji Young

YunAh.jpg

Yun Ah

Ji1.jpg

Producer Ji Hyun Woo

KyungMin.jpg

This guy name is translated as Cen Ming, but I have no idea his name in Korean..he is Mi Ja's best friend

JiYoungbf.jpg

This guy name is translated as Dong Yun, but I also have no idea about his name in Korean), he is Ji Young's boyfriend

Thegrandmas2.jpg

Mi Ja's Grandmas

daduncle.jpg

Mi Ja's uncle and dad

==============================================================

Anyone watching this drama?

I am currently watching this drama.

I have been seen this drama since few months ago but because the cover of the dvd box set is so unattractive that I thought this drama was not good too until I watch it.

However it is so hard to find any infos about this drama in the net.

I like the story, not only the story of Mi Ja (Ye Ji Won) and Hyun Woo (Ji Hyun Woo), but also the story of Mi Ja's friend, grandmas, dad and uncle...

I have a question regarding this drama

The DVD box set of this drama (Chinese/Korean Audio with Chinese/English Subs) contains 30 short episodes (in 8 DVDs).

While watching this drama, I notice that in the opening of each episode, the number of the episode stated in Korean (Hangul) while translated in English reach 100 somethings..

And also, in the final episodes, especially from episode 29 to 30..in eps 30 Ji Hyun Woo has been accepted in Mi Ja's family (the focus of this episode was about Mi Ja's dad) , while at the end of episode 29 was still about the romance of Mi Ja-Hyun Woo..and Hyun Woo had not been introduced to Mi Ja's family..

I am just curious, is there any part missing here?

I try to find out how many episodes of this drama originally from the internet but could not find the answer since so few information can be obtained.

Can anyabody please tell me how many episodes have this drama originally when aired in Korea?

Thx alot

i though Old Miss Diary is a movie.. it's a 2006 movie with Ji Hyun Woo in it too... now im confused? was it because of this drama that the movie came about?

KOREA: Broadcasting commission punishes controversial programs

In cases of indecent exposure and controversial scene, MBC and KBS will receive strongest KBC punishment ever administered

The Korea Times

Friday, August 12, 2005

Seoul -- The Korean Broadcasting Commission (KBC) handed out its strongest punishment ever to two television programs for airing controversial scenes in recent weeks.

The commission ruled Thursday that the producers of MBC’s live music show, "Music Camp," and KBS’s sitcom, "Old Miss Diary," should be disciplined by their respective networks, which were also ordered to make official apologies to viewers. In addition, the offending episodes have been banned from rebroadcast and retransmission.

On the July 30 live telecast of "Music Camp," two rock musicians suddenly dropped their pants during a performance, leading to the musicians’ arrest and the cancellation of the show.

"Old Miss Diary" created controversy on July 27 when it featured a scene in which a female character slapped her mother-in-law in the face.

"By telecasting live the indecent exposure of musicians, the program failed to carry out its responsibilities operating under a major TV network, provided a negative influence on societal values, and violated rules regarding sexual expression," said an official from KBC in regard to "Music Camp."

As for "Old Miss Diary," KBC said that despite the program’s original intention of raising social awareness about the elderly and minorities, by broadcasting the improper scene, it failed to respect the values of family and community and violated broadcasting ethics.

KBS will be required to broadcast an official apology to viewers just before airing "Old Miss Diary" on Tuesday.. As "Music Camp" has been cancelled, its official apology will be shown before the airing of its replacement program, "MBC Special." The networks are also required to report to the commission on the punishments they will hand down to the employees at fault within a week.

Date Posted: 8/12/2005

==========================================================

No idea in which episode is this ? :blink:

==========================================================

"Old Miss’ Diary” Strikes a Chord with Young Female Audience

The producer of the KBS sitcom “Old Miss’ Diary,” Kim Seok-yun, said the secret of the sitcom’s steadily rising popularity lies in its unhindered depiction of the psyche of thirty-something women. It describes the love affairs of young women through true-to-life stories. Many female viewers have been posting messages on the sitcom’s bulletin board saying they are impressed with how the lives of “Old Miss’ Diary” characters resemble their own lives.

“In fact, our writers are single people in their early thirties. Their heartfelt stories seem to strike a chord with viewers,” said Kim.

The reason this sitcom has no exaggerated and d.um.bfounding scenes is because it is based on real-life happenings. Kim, who always respects the opinions of female scriptwriters, says the female characters of this sitcom are by no means either against marriage or desperate to get married. He says they are ordinary, girls-next-door personalities who have considered marriage at least ones in their lives and who have their own career ambitions, just like any other woman.

Credits : KBS Global English News

i though Old Miss Diary is a movie.. it's a 2006 movie with Ji Hyun Woo in it too... now im confused? was it because of this drama that the movie came about?

That's what I read too. Apparently that the drama version was popular so the movie version was made and released in 2006.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest emberry

I watched the movie a few days ago and it's hilarious! soooo great! and the cinematography was wonderful! now i'm starting to watch the sitcom as well... are the episodes only 30 minutes? and how many episodes in total?

hi! i've been following this sitcom since march and im not sure if it ended in korea already..im only watching it in KSB world. im really curious how the story goes because i wasn't able to watch as often as i want. i really like mija (ye ji won) and hyun woo's loveteam..they look cute together.

Guest Hotelier

I just finished reading the novel with the title "Old Miss Diary". This novel was written based on the drama. As I read the book, I think it's such a great story. I wish to watch this series sometime soon.

I've seen the sitcom two years ago and I enjoyed every episode of it...Mija and Hyun-woo couple was so cute and the grandmas were funny...I haven't seen the movie version though but I bet it focused more on Mija and Hyun-woo's love story

• 3 weeks later...

i just watched the movie and it piqued my interest in the series on which it's based. wonder if anyone has it in their cb? think it's like over 200 episodes?? maybe i should just buy it at the stores if it's available.

Guest alleykat

I just finished reading the novel with the title "Old Miss Diary". This novel was written based on the drama. As I read the book, I think it's such a great story. I wish to watch this series sometime soon.

Is this book in english? ... if it is i really want to read it too! could you give me some info on where to find it? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest valenti

i love this korean drama compared to my name is kim sam soon and dalja's spring which have the same plot of the story. hopefully, kbs could replay this again in kbs2 :)

FULL EPISODES (232 EPISODES) OF OMD IN CLUBBOX: Go To Hima or

(No English Subtitle, Audio in Korean and you need to become Clubbox member to access Hima's files)

or

If you do not understand Korean just click this link :FindClubbox Hima,

and then click for Hima files

VideoClip Old Miss Diary (TV Version): PD Ji's Solo Guitar

The Description :

Lead Guitarist : Ji Hyun Woo

Clip : K-Sitcom "Old Miss Diary" (KBS-2005)

Casts : Ye Ji Won, Ji Hyun Woo

Taken from : Episode #99 (19-4-2005)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest noriko

Hello, did anybody successfully download the SRT file for this movie? I tried for 2 days and no luck. =(

Could somebody upload the srt for single CD version?

file: [naynay] omd (DVDRip) Single CD version.srt (If my request is not allowed, please delete it T_T)

I tried kloofy.net and they didn't have it.

Thanks in advanced.

hey just go to idols-unlimited, they have the movie uploaded there too. great movie, I laughed all through.

I wish they would sub this series, I really want ep 85 to be sub and ep. 53 where the singer RAIN makes a cameo...this series is so fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest freezspirit

I've only seen 2 ng clips on utube and t looks really funny. Does anyone know of a clubbox with it or even if its been english subbed?

• 6 months later...
Guest Happy_Day

Is this movie any good? I wanna know if it was good or not compared to the sitcom. I haven't seen either, but my mom rented the movie.. Dunno if I should watch it or not.

I watched a few scenes, but so far, the girl annoys the crap out of me. Is she mentally ill?

Archived