2013.08.25 “Running Man” Shinhwa transforms into pirates.. explosion of variety sense right from the start

1377427621127.jpg

Shinhwa has transformed into Pirates of the West Sea.

On SBS’s “Good Sunday - Running Man” that aired on the 25th, through a parody of Snowpiercer, the members decided on their rankings. However, all their gold coins were snatched away and they had their first meeting with pirates Shinhwa.

The members, who went through an intense ranking battle, once again had their rankings decided based on the number of gold coins they held. Song Jihyo, who ranked 1st, was the first to go up the suspicious boat and to get a chance to increase her earnings.

However, going to the boat wasn’t a chance to increase their earnings but instead, a chance for their money to be taken away. The other members who boarded subsequently all had their money taken away by suspicious pirates.

The next day morning, the members went up on deck and found out who were the pirates who took their money. The pirates were Shinhwa.

Shinhwa, making their first appearance on “Running Man”, made a perfect imitation of pirates. Shinhwa was engrossed to the extend of using their unique greeting tone to say “We’re Pirates”, and exchanged greetings with the (Running Man) members.

Jin Sukjin, on seeing Eric being dressed up as a pirate, went, “You’re really handsome. Your double eyelids are deep, and seeing you like that, you’re rather handsome,” expressing his awe for Eric’s looks.

Shinhwa, through acting like they couldn’t open the box containing the gold coins, etc, showed their personable variety sense and made people anticipate them playing an active role.

Translation by malpabo.tumblr.com

====================================================================

2013.08.25 “Running Man” broadcast accident, Shinhwa’s English name is “Shinwha?”

SBS’s “Running Man” made a mistake of spelling Shinhwa’s name wrongly. (See the above screenap)

On SBS’s “Good Sunday - Running Man” that aired on the 25th, the 5 members of Shinhwa appeared in the “Pirates of the West Sea” episode. At this moment, the group’s English name also appeared together in the captions.

However, in the caption, it wasn’t “Shinhwa” but “Shinwha”, which is written wrongly and some Shinhwa fans are asking if SBS’s mistake isn’t something serious through SNS sites etc.

*omit info on previous mistake*

Shinhwa and “Running Man” members’ mission to collect all the hints and break the curse to secure the treasure will air on 1st September on “Running Man, Pirates of the West Sea”.

====================================================================

Some spinets of the Shinhwa appearance this week:

Minwoo: We are pirates!!
Jongkook: You guys are Shinhwa, what are you saying…
Minwoo: We are~ pirates! *in usual introducing way*
Jongkook: Where is the other boy (DongWan)?
Jaesuk: Where's Wandong?
Minwoo: *holds his laughs* He (Dongwan) fell into the sea...
Jaesuk: but you guys don't have Dongwan
JunJin: Dongwan is a black hole
Jaesuk: From what I see, it's lucky that Dongwan isn't around (LOL donggumong is famous ._.)
Hyesung: Have you had a race where the numbers were not even?
Jaesuk: No~!
Jaesuk: But there's 5 of them and 7 of us?
Gary: Then I'll join them!
PD: From what I see, 5 of them is enough.

Yoo Jaesuk said Eric looks handsome as if he's filming a movie as pirate

Sukjin: Eric has become much more handsome
Jaesuk: He was handsome to begin with
Sukjin: Not to that extent! (as compared to when Eric was younger? XD)

Credit: Malpabo + CaptainDuck

It's not the 1st time MC Yoo filmed with Eric & Shinhwa this year.  I guess both MC Yoo & Sukjin were either love Eric's stubble & rugged look or Eric embracing the pirate look/character well.  Andy looks really cute with his costume & eye patch.  Minwoo is good looking in his captain outfit.  Junjin & Hyesung look like cowboys that are pirate-fied XD

[ENG.SUB] Running Man EP.160 - Shinhwa cut

http://axerine.tumblr.com/post/59298122681/shinhwas-cut-on-running-man-ep160

[ENG.SUB] Preview Running Man EP.161 - SEP.25

http://axerine.tumblr.com/post/59290812747/shinhwa-on-rm-ep160-preview

Download: Shinhwa Cut | Full Episode (720p)

some extra photos

201308251942778365_5219dfa3ea0f3.jpg

MISSION CARD!

tumblr_ms37te918Y1rmwtr0o1_1280.jpg
Screencap & translation credit: Malpabo tumblr

BShQLBDCAAEQQs7.jpg:large
BShP_F7CIAApe3m.jpg:large
BShQUN6CMAAQyuw.jpg:large
6e9c62d8gw1e7z381svr2j20c81q4guf.jpg
BSgjzczCIAAGhwR.jpg:large
6f16eb88gw1e7z5e4yfh6g20ad083u0x.gif
BSgpkyxCAAAgy0t.jpg:large
BSgjrNfCAAEqr25.jpg:large
BSgjXYeCEAASjrB.jpg:large
BSg0nufCMAACWk8.jpg:large
BSgjj9XCMAA2sZP.jpg:large
BSgjP9VCIAI6Psy.jpg:large
BShQZQYCIAAbF5U.jpg
BShP4GYCcAAUkg4.jpg
BShQ3N1CcAAmgm2.jpg
BShOhjeCIAIxeDJ.png
BSg5RiNCcAAvNeV.jpg
BSg3C9TCUAA5A19.jpg
BSg0czcCQAANSei.jpg
BShQ3caCUAAPwUy.jpg
BSg5zU6CYAEqT-r.jpg
BShYXF8CEAEMVLa.jpg:large
BShhQ1sCUAAmmI8.jpg:large

BSgj8bZCAAA-hbr.jpg:large

BSgwF7_CYAALyaq.jpg:large

wonder what made Eric laughed so hard here XDD

BShan3ECMAAcA2n.jpg:large
BSgkMabCAAAK946.jpg:large

BSgfmbJCcAAFndG.png:large
BSghZvWCAAA7EwT.png:large
BShQv6QCQAA06oV.jpg:large
BShQp4OCMAA-wCc.jpg:large
BShQ0LKCIAApHN3.jpg:large
BSghLFICQAAJTWx.png:large
BSgiLWrCUAAcC3c.png:large
BSgctamCIAEL24E.jpg:large

Hideous hideous captions placement! XD

BSgumo6CQAIW43C.jpg:large
BSgn_MaCQAAbzPU.jpg:large
BShQ9TeCIAAy5Lu.jpg:large

Credit: as tagged + arisull612 + eileenli930 + Ericphotobot + Andyphotobot + 8241127

kimmiminni said: I love the whole pirates of the caribbean theme, those pirate outfits really suit them. And I love the fact that Shinhwa was once again reunited with Haha, Kim Joong-Kook and Yoo Jae-Suk in variety show because when you put those people together you know that it's going to be hilarious. The only bad part is that Dongwan isn't there, because he's so funny and random. I swear I always laugh at his lame jokes. 
I always had a feeling that Eric would find himself a foreigner succesful business woman. But after I started to watch Shinhwa broadcast I totally changed my mind, now I have a feeling that he would rather marry a woman who doesn't mind being a full time stay-home mom and let Eric be the one who provides financial support for family.  :)

kimmiminni said: Phi thank you for all these informations. To be honest I was never active on forums and such, so I don't really know much about them, I only know things from what I saw in Shinhwa broadcast, so I have a long way to go to get to know them better. That is why I sign in on this forum. :D
I just knew it, that Eric would rather like if his wife stayed home, not that is a bad thing. I also think it would be better since he travels a lot and is rarely home, and it would be better for children if they had at least one parent constantly with them. But I never knew that he is religious that's a new one for me, and I do agree with his wife being much much younger then him, in my opinion and future visions at least 10 years younger. Let's see what happens. :)

2013.08.27 Shinhwa FB & Weibo Updates

[관리자의 전하는 말]
이분들 배멀미 하는거 아니에요

9월1일 저녁6시10분 SBS 일요일이 좋다 - 런닝맨

[From the Administrator]
They are not seasick.

September 1st, 6:10PM, SBS Good Sunday - Running Man

Weibo:

[Administrator]
What are they dreaming of?

1004859_617081554979549_780978822_n.jpg
Source: Shinhwa Company FB

====================================

Eric sure loves Abercrombie & Fitch
From winter hoodies to summer t-shirts :D
There's this one last year....
Itching to make an Eric A&F photo collage

BSa15PgCAAApn2x.png:large
credit as tagged + dinya_j

@kimmimimi you're watching SMW now? I love this drama, despite all the mayhem during the live broadcast.  I enjoy the first half of the drama much more.  It's so spunky and hilarious.  The later part turns too angsty with the love triangles and there was the production issue to top it off.  It feels as if the production/broadcast tell the writer team to give character development more the second leads instead of the 2 leads (perhaps in attempt to diverse all the hoooo haaaa around the 2 leads.  It's so unfortunate cus I was so excited when the cast was announced.  All 4 leads are looking so beautiful and I see lot of chemistry between Eric & Yeseul during the presscon and the BTS of the kiss on the stairs in Singapore gave me butterfly...

Yes all Shinwha members have their own thread as well, though I'm not sure if any of the individual thread is still active

Really? that is LV sunglasses? I don't remember any one mentioned about it.. and I can't tell from that angle :D

When Shinhwa was on Beatles Code this June, looks like Eric was wearing Cartier bracelet (US $7,200) & ring (US $2,400)
Wonder if it's really is Cartier or some other brand with similar design...
I was just in awe there's 10K worth of sponsored stuffs casually hugging his arms & fingers

BNDWwUaCcAAGHuq.jpg:large
2013Cartier2.jpg~original

In the mean time I was looking up for this red & white stripe t-shirts that team Shinwha wore on Running Man but couldn't find
The green alien head (or skull) with crossbones logo looks distinct but I'm not sure if it's the brand logo or some custom embroidery patches they stick on the t-shirts.  Any fashionista here know? :D

803382220.jpg?1377473621

[Preview] SBS Running Man EP.161 - Guest: Shinhwa

Credit: SBSNOW1

kimmiminni said: I usually don't watch korean dramas because I don't like the way they act in them. Acting is so overreacting, they have huge pauses between intense moments, usually acompanied with creepy stares, scripts are so cheesy, and whole plots are just so unrealistic, which puts me off from watching. But I gave SWM a chance and it's okey I guess, still don't like the acting from the leading lady but it's nice to see Eric from up close and in love scenes. Han Ye-Seul is such a beautiful woman, like one of the top 5 most beautiful korean woman celebrites (for me) but I just don't buy her acting. I do agree that she and Eric looked good in drama, but when I watched how they filmed the whole thing, I saw that she and Eric were a bit akward in real life, especially Eric was so shy to the point of being bashful even. Maybe he was just so intimidated from her beauty. 
I think Eric is very rich, he just doesn't like to show it like Gdragon does. So for me it isn't weird that he's wearing extremly expensive Cartier rings and bracelets it may be sponsored or not, but I think that he can defenitily afford something like that. A while ago I read that his family is rich too, but being the CEO of Shinhwa company and having so many CFs and other stuff, he made a small fortune himself. I just love how humble he is, when you look at him you wouldn't even think that he's a millionare. I think it's cool that he's not so consumed by the money and luxurious  things. Well he does wear expensive clothing and such, but doesn't seems so eager to show it off. He's so chilled about that. :D

Thanks for the new LV link but the frame looks different than the one he wore with the blue A&F pic.
The pic was early 2012, may be the LV site doesn't have last year model any more?  Regardless LV or not, that sunglass looks so good on Eric :)

Pics Spamming!!!!
This was fans' photo during Spy Myungwol stadium scene
Eric looks so freakin' gorgeous, cool and super sessy!!!
^:)^  ^:)^

tumblr_msa3n1IzNv1r2kvjyo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_msa3n1IzNv1r2kvjyo7_1280.jpg
tumblr_msa3n1IzNv1r2kvjyo5_1280.jpg
tumblr_msa3n1IzNv1r2kvjyo2_1280.jpg
tumblr_msa3n1IzNv1r2kvjyo4_1280.jpg
tumblr_msa3n1IzNv1r2kvjyo9_1280.jpg
tumblr_msa3n1IzNv1r2kvjyo6_1280.jpg
tumblr_msa3n1IzNv1r2kvjyo10_1280.jpg
Credit as tagged + imnyownmind tumblr

@kimmiminni
awh thanks for sharing and don't worry about an essay size post cus I love reading it  :D so that's how you discovered Shinhwa, through Shinhwa Broadcast (via Shinnee) :D  There's up and down but Shinhwa Broadcast really serve Shinhwa well.  They get many new fans through that aside from their music. :)  I think Shinhwa Broadcast really is the next best thing that happened after the forming of their own company.

Just wonder of the older albums and the 2 new ones since last year, how do you like them? same or seeing any diff/change in style?  It's subjective to preference but I'm curious of how a new fans' take on this :D

It was Eric that brought me to Shinhwa through his Super Rookie drama.  I was quite surprise finding out he's from a boy band, and a leader of the group and a rapper :D  At first it was a crush from his cute & adorable character in the drama & of course the handsome & sexy man that he is.... but the more I find out about this man keeps me hooked (yes my life span for any celeb crush was 2 year before Eric Mun broke that curse :P ).  He's not without flaws but I love he's always true to himself, giving honest & frank answers (it's potentially a downfall for celebs).  He appeared to be a slacker, quiet guys when he's in public but he does have a lot of observation of important things or things that are near & dear to him... He had hard time remember/recall the name of celeb on Shinhwa Broadcast (Mom's Home Cook) but he remembers the name of Shinhwa 1st few fans when they debuted :D 

Not sure if you watch WinWin episode that shinhwa went on last year.  I you haven't, you should cus it's a really good one for any one want to know about Shinhwa.  I love the arrangement of Eric & Minwoo as the CEOs because they compliment each other so well even before the making of Shinhwa Company.  I love Eric's style of behind-the-scene leadership.  Even if at the high of his popularity, Eric doesn't think highly of himself or more superior than the members.and that brings harmony to the group.  And he's a very unselfish man.  To sum it up, I stumbled on this quote that some one said it describes Eric's style of Leadership perfectly.

Nelson Mandela : “It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.”   
Yes, that's totally Eric's style ;;)

tumblr_mjui0pskqU1qgjshno1_r2_500.png
Credit: carmendorve