Hubby excitedly sharing his wife's personalized glass as he promised a commenter, best hubby!!  Almost 5 years of marriage and they still look like honeymoon :wub: even though neither of them post one couple pic. :heart:

2021.12.05 Shinhwa’s Eric Instagram Update:

Na Hyemi’s exclusive glass, Moon Junghyuk’s exclusive glass. Thank you to the person who gave me this. I’m using it well~ #thankyou

T/N: “Na Hyemi’s exclusive glass, Moon Junghyuk’s exclusive glass” is the etching on the 2 glasses. In a previous reply to a comment that asked if Hyemi can use Eric’s exclusive glass, he replied that she also has her own exclusive glass and he said he’ll post it next time.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Comment & Reply:

OP: I guess you’re having a drink again today. My husband and I also ate a lot of jokbal and soju.:love:
MUNERIC: We came this way after debating between jokbal and sashimi today~

OP: Are you at Passion Squid? It’s similar to the place I have delivery from^^
MUNERIC: My gosh… That’s correct

OP: OMG OMG :dissapointed_relieved:You posted proof shots of couple glass three times ㅠㅠㅠㅠ What’s going on ㅜㅜ Thank you so much for using it well :heart:I feel like I got a big gift at end of year!!! :thumbsup::kiss_wink::thumbsup:
MUNERIC: You’re here!

Source: MunEric
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

Eric and his stylist have been working together for more than 10 years.  They're like close friends / family that they can joke around and be blunt comfortably. :)  Though, I think it's a bit annoying to keep telling him to stop eating or he'll gain weight.  There are other ways to manage our weight, starving or skipping meals is not healthy. Beside, he is on his break, let him enjoy things. He's not shy from telling people his current weight, why do people feel the need to tell him stop eating? He lost 12kg in less than 2 months from Chef Moon drama for The Spies Who Loved Me. I sure he can manage his weight when he makes a comeback.

2021.12.10 Shinhwa’s Eric Instagram Update:

Ilsan #Sohojung #AndongGuksi #ThisPlaceIsCrazy #ToThePersonWhoRecommended #ThankYou

T/N: Andong Guksi is traditional beef-based noodle from Andong region that is very similar to Kalguksu (Korean knife-cut noodle soup)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Comments & Replies:

OP: Is it a pear for dessert?? Or apples ㅎ
MunEric: Pear and sujeonggwa (cinnamon punch)

kky86912 (Eric’s long-time stylist): You’re eating a lot these days~~:joy::joy::joy:
MunEric: Oh my, I’m an anchovy.
T/N: Anchovy (멸치) is used to describe very skinny :lol:

OP: Ack.. I haven’t had lunch yet.. Just a picture of empty plates..ㅋㅋㅋ If I share a good restaurant in Ilsan, will you go take over the restaurant??ㅋㅋ (Looking through my list of good restaurants)
MunEric: I’m taking over one place at a time.

OP: Oppa….Please go to Shimhaksan Acorn Noodles…. Please try perilla seed sujebi…
MunEric: Memo memo
OP: There’s a wait even on the weekdays :cry: You should go after normal meal times :relaxed:
OP: Make sure to try acorn noodles and acorn pancake as well :love:
MunEric: Are you a squirrel?
OP: ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It’s really good

OP: Oppa, you need to eat the Jeon there, Jeon (Korean pancake)…!!!!
MunEric: Definitely!

OP: Oppa, what did you order??!!
MunEric: There was a set menu with assorted acorn jelly.
OP: Oppa, thank you for your reply.

OP: Gosh I’m going to go, so I can share your taste!!! :love:
MunEric: Make sure to try the set that comes with acorn jelly and jeon. It’s the best jeon I’ve ever had.

OP: Did you wrap the noodles in cat leaves?? (OP had a typo on perilla leaves) That’s the rule at Sohojung!
MunEric: Is that a cat?
OP: OMG ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It’s perilla leaves. I made a typo ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

OP: ㅋㅋㅋㅋ You inhaled it~ The beef gukbap (soup with rice) there is delicious too^^ I should go to Sohojung with my partner sometime soon.
MunEric: I’ll try next time

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

hahaha tbvh, if I were the cashier, I would ask for his ID even if I know who he is.. :kiss_wink:

It's nice seeing him 'bragged' about this, as he should! :lol:

2021.12.12 Shinhwa’s Eric Instagram Update:

What just happened at the convenience store. Part-time worker: Can I see your ID? Me: ID? I don’t have it right now because I use Samsung Pay. Part-time worker: If you don’t have an ID, you can’t buy alcohol. Me: What? I used to buy it here often. Part-time worker: But you still have to have your ID. I’m sorry. Me: I’m forty-three. Part-time worker: Do you need a bag? Me: Yes. Part-time job: The payment is complete. Thank you. Me: Have a nice day~ #NoSellingAlcoholToMinors

spacer.png

spacer.png

Comments & Replies:

OP: You should have searched yourself up on Naver and showed it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
MUNERIC: If I thought about it more, I might had asked the worker to search up Eric on Naver…

OP: I guess you’re not the type to drink just one brand.
MUNERIC: It was 5 for 20,000won so I chose this and that~

OP: You’re braggingㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
MUNERIC: I’m very openly bragging in this post

OP: ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Wow they asked for your ID.. You must look really young!
MUNERIC: I’m rounder because I gain weight, so I guess  they thought I were a minor. But I’ll be mid-40 in a month.

OP: You should have said you were Eric confidentlyㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ :lol:
MUNERIC: I don’t think it would be confident. I think it will be annoying ㅎ

OP: Oppa, I’m 37 but they asked for my IDㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I said I don’t have an ID but I have my daughter’s photo, so I burst into laughter with the part-time worker ㅋㅋㅋ
MUNERIC:  That’s a real flex :thumbsup:

OP: In your mask, the corners of your mouth went up vs down (T/N: smiling vs frowning)
MUNERIC: Only one side went up (T/N: like huh?)

OP: They asked me for my ID and when I showed it they said, “OMG I’m sorry.” I got an apology ㅎㅎ I guess I’m at an age that they are sorry for my ageㅎㅎ I’m 36..ㅎㅎ
MUNERIC: You are a baby.

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The post trended on Naver too.

Via: Phi_216

5 minutes ago, Phi said:

hahaha tbvh, if I were the cashier, I would ask for his ID even if I know who he is.. :kiss_wink:

It's nice seeing him 'bragged' about this, as he should! :lol:

2021.12.12 Shinhwa’s Eric Instagram Update:

What just happened at the convenience store. Part-time worker: Can I see your ID? Me: ID? I don’t have it right now because I use Samsung Pay. Part-time worker: If you don’t have an ID, you can’t buy alcohol. Me: What? I used to buy it here often. Part-time worker: But you still have to have your ID. I’m sorry. Me: I’m forty-three. Part-time worker: Do you need a bag? Me: Yes. Part-time job: The payment is complete. Thank you. Me: Have a nice day~ #NoSellingAlcoholToMinors

Comments & Replies:

OP: You should have searched yourself up on Naver and showed it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
MUNERIC: If I thought about it more, I might had asked the worker to search up Eric on Naver…

OP: I guess you’re not the type to drink just one brand.
MUNERIC: It was 5 for 20,000won so I chose this and that~

OP: You’re braggingㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
MUNERIC: I’m very openly bragging in this post

OP: ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Wow they asked for your ID.. You must look really young!
MUNERIC: I’m rounder because I gain weight, so I guess  they thought I were a minor. But I’ll be mid-40 in a month.

OP: You should have said you were Eric confidentlyㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ :lol:
MUNERIC: I don’t think it would be confident. I think it will be annoying ㅎ

OP: Oppa, I’m 37 but they asked for my IDㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I said I don’t have an ID but I have my daughter’s photo, so I burst into laughter with the part-time worker ㅋㅋㅋ
MUNERIC:  That’s a real flex :thumbsup:

OP: In your mask, the corners of your mouth went up vs down (T/N: smiling vs frowning)
MUNERIC: Only one side went up (T/N: like huh?)

OP: They asked me for my ID and when I showed it they said, “OMG I’m sorry.” I got an apology ㅎㅎ I guess I’m at an age that they are sorry for my ageㅎㅎ I’m 36..ㅎㅎ
MUNERIC: You are a baby.

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The post trended on Naver too.

Via: Phi_216

@Phi  :Megathanks:  hahaha - :Megalol:  thanks for sharing this. Eric was mistaken as a minor. This is a funny story of him and the shopkeeper. Well, he doesn't look as 42 years old.  :heart3:

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 3:18 AM, willenette said:

@Phi  :Megathanks:  hahaha - :Megalol:  thanks for sharing this. Eric was mistaken as a minor. This is a funny story of him and the shopkeeper. Well, he doesn't look as 42 years old.  :heart3:

It's funny there are quite a few people in the comments of that post shared the same experience.  I guess with the mask these days, it's harder to guess when you can only see their eyes and hear their voice... Eric's deep voice is on the mature side than a minor.. :)

2021.12.15 Drama “Discovery of Love” Gets Webtoon Adaption

spacer.png

The webtoon adaptation of the romantic drama “Discovery of Love,” which aired on KBS2 in 2014, has been confirmed.

In the drama “Discovery of Love,” Jung Yu‑mi appeared as the protagonist, Han Yeo-reum. She is in love with her boyfriend, but her ex-boyfriend arrives in front of her and wants a new start with her. Eric Mun, of the boy band Shinhwa, portrayed Han Yeo-reum’s ex-boyfriend. He is well-known for his his attractive looks and self-assurance. Seong Joon played Han Yeo-reum’s current boyfriend, who has a loving and caring personality.

The drama “Discovery of Romance” has created a fandom to the point where it has been called the “standard of romantic comedy” until now, 7 years after it aired. Interest is gathered in how the charm of the refreshing romantic comedy genre will be conveyed through the webtoon “Discovery of Love.”

spacer.png

Source: Tap Comics

2021.12.16 Shinhwa’s Eric and Hyemi Sighted at A Flower Shop in Ilsan:

For mother who likes light pinks
This is a Happy Birthday flower basket^^
Singer and actor #Eric #NaHyeMi husband and wife couple
Visited the shop in person to see the color of flowers and baskets.
They checked it in details and made reservation :love:
They requested a money envelope and a message card.
So I prepared it along with the flower basket~!
I hope you had a nice day with your family

#Marry & Soo Flower #Marry & Soo flower basket

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Source: Marry & Soo Flower (1, 2)

The next door father's knifing and plating skill is top tier!!! :wow2:

It's so nice Eric & Hyemi has such good neighbor. Good people deserve good neighbors :)

2021.12.17 Shinhwa’s Eric Instagram Update:

My next door neighbor gave me another precious cuttlefish~ This calls for soju #Cuttlefish #TGIF

T/N: 불금 (fire Friday) is a slang word for 불타는 금요일. It’s the equivalent of  'TGIF’ (Thank God It’s Friday)

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Comments & Replies:

OP: I guess you prefer soju~~~ (than beer and wine)
MunEric: I don’t sell soju~~~
T/N: Clever play on words in his reply! “Soju-drinker/someone who prefers soju” sounds the same as “you sell soju.”

OP: Oppa!! I suddenly(?) got a job at a sake company. Originally, I worked in very different field…ㅋㅋ I got a new job at a late stage of career, the power of Shinchang(?)  Oppa, I really want to give you some good sake. There’s also drink that goes well with cuttlefish!!!!
MunEric: I will remember that.
OP: Wow it’s an honor!!! Let me know any time!!!!

Spoiler

spacer.png

Two articles about his cuttlefish sashimi post trended :)

spacer.png

Despite the shadows under his eyes, they are so beautiful and he looks young there.  I now understand why the part-time cashier asked him for ID when he bought beer a few days ago...  He should just carry ID with him at all time :bashful:
I love how how he doesn't use (or use too much) filters / editing in his photos or selfies...  :thumbsup::thumbsup:

2021.12.18 Shinhwa’s Eric Instagram Update:

The first snow we saw this year  #FirstSnow #Snow #Walk

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Love 1

hah, Hyemi dropping comments on hubby's posts.  She often gave a heart to his posts but this is the first time she dropped comments (even though just an emoji)  :)

Eric took really good photos despite the bright sunlight.  I wonder if he took it with iphone or samsung...

211226 Shinhwa’s Instagram Update:

Post 1:

I had a lot of kalguksu (knife-cut noodle soup) at Jonggajip Son Kalguksu next to the Hanmoe Library that you recommended. Recommendations for good restaurants is love~♡ #Kalguksu #GoodRestaurant #IlsanGoodRestaurant #JonggajipSonKalguksu

https://64.media.tumblr.com/792af589702ea4f6537a8981eeaf99c3/53b349aafd6cf2fd-5e/s1280x1920/32716e847d6931d1b7127c7ecd7be06031169cb2.jpg

Comments & Replies:

@nahyemi224: :yum:
MunEric: nom nom :lol:

OP: Next time, please visit Kyowehsun Woorijip!!
MunEric: I thought you were telling me to come to your house but it is a real place when I searched for it ㅎㅎ The vibe of the exterior is already a pass (interested) in my eyes.

T/N: Woorijip = “my house” in Korean

https://64.media.tumblr.com/9876acea247b75a3aeb59314076bfe28/53b349aafd6cf2fd-45/s1280x1920/cb372f76042cc05c8373f43e9330b89fdd20bf24.jpg

Post 2:

Since people are curious about the original state of the food, I will reveal them at each stage~ These days when you’re getting a bit tired of the same chicken or clam broth kalguksu, a sujebi (hand-pulled dough soup) and kalguksu well marinaded in deep anchovy dried pollack base, and radish barley rice as appetizer are also very delicious #InTheWinter #Kalguksu

https://64.media.tumblr.com/16001d439c15a7ef3735dad2f385be20/53b349aafd6cf2fd-4a/s1280x1920/142ab287b90bc602f913939daec9622e7985f18e.jpg

Spoiler

https://64.media.tumblr.com/0407f1595334a75964c40880259f1862/53b349aafd6cf2fd-72/s1280x1920/bae48791a1236951d40dd17c704d2335d8bf862b.jpg

https://64.media.tumblr.com/dfc41973372985c72fdde03a72b671e3/53b349aafd6cf2fd-74/s1280x1920/bfc2bced5c8d38a18956338b067816e9192b25f1.jpg

https://64.media.tumblr.com/ada6e330939abda6365a88c180859a31/53b349aafd6cf2fd-e6/s1280x1920/39a6a53d8672ded39477799b5c6eecaa37389f84.jpg

https://64.media.tumblr.com/04c8e5947e91784c037536eddd5b374f/53b349aafd6cf2fd-d1/s1280x1920/bc21dc764a348b0a3e50615ca401522f6dbd1abd.jpg

https://64.media.tumblr.com/a0b2597be8ea815350eb07c9c3e6b9cd/53b349aafd6cf2fd-e6/s1280x1920/9a7d9fe13ea6a5ceef672ce5cf7cde41f3c6f13b.jpg

Source: muneric (1, 2)

On 12/27/2021 at 6:41 AM, Phi said:

hah, Hyemi dropping comments on hubby's posts.  She often gave a heart to his posts but this is the first time she dropped comments (even though just an emoji)  :)

Eric took really good photos despite the bright sunlight.  I wonder if he took it with iphone or samsung...

211226 Shinhwa’s Instagram Update:

Post 1:

I had a lot of kalguksu (knife-cut noodle soup) at Jonggajip Son Kalguksu next to the Hanmoe Library that you recommended. Recommendations for good restaurants is love~♡ #Kalguksu #GoodRestaurant #IlsanGoodRestaurant #JonggajipSonKalguksu

Comments & Replies:

@nahyemi224: :yum:
MunEric: nom nom :lol:

OP: Next time, please visit Kyowehsun Woorijip!!
MunEric: I thought you were telling me to come to your house but it is a real place when I searched for it ㅎㅎ The vibe of the exterior is already a pass (interested) in my eyes.

T/N: Woorijip = “my house” in Korean

Post 2:

Since people are curious about the original state of the food, I will reveal them at each stage~ These days when you’re getting a bit tired of the same chicken or clam broth kalguksu, a sujebi (hand-pulled dough soup) and kalguksu well marinaded in deep anchovy dried pollack base, and radish barley rice as appetizer are also very delicious #InTheWinter #Kalguksu

Reveal hidden contents

https://64.media.tumblr.com/0407f1595334a75964c40880259f1862/53b349aafd6cf2fd-72/s1280x1920/bae48791a1236951d40dd17c704d2335d8bf862b.jpg

https://64.media.tumblr.com/dfc41973372985c72fdde03a72b671e3/53b349aafd6cf2fd-74/s1280x1920/bfc2bced5c8d38a18956338b067816e9192b25f1.jpg

https://64.media.tumblr.com/ada6e330939abda6365a88c180859a31/53b349aafd6cf2fd-e6/s1280x1920/39a6a53d8672ded39477799b5c6eecaa37389f84.jpg

https://64.media.tumblr.com/04c8e5947e91784c037536eddd5b374f/53b349aafd6cf2fd-d1/s1280x1920/bc21dc764a348b0a3e50615ca401522f6dbd1abd.jpg

https://64.media.tumblr.com/a0b2597be8ea815350eb07c9c3e6b9cd/53b349aafd6cf2fd-e6/s1280x1920/9a7d9fe13ea6a5ceef672ce5cf7cde41f3c6f13b.jpg

Source: muneric (1, 2)

@Phi I've tried this kalguksu but not from this place. The noodle is thick & round, which looks like the versions of fettuccine. The taste of kalguksu is sweet. They are served in a clear broth, usually made from chicken and anchovy. 

:kaching1:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

'Discovery Of Love' Is The K-Drama That I Won't Get Tired Of Watching Again And Again

If you haven’t watched it yet, do it now!

discovery-of-love-review-1640605957.jpg

When Discovery Of Love was released in 2014, my close friend and K-drama buddy kept telling me that I should watch this series while pouring out her feelings. I made a mental note to put this K-drama in my watch list, but I ended up forgetting about it. From time to time, she would mention Discovery Of Love or bring it up again during our dinner-slash-K-drama-feels-fest-bonding moments, but I kept pushing it back for some reason. Silly me! Now, I want to kick myself for not watching this drama earlier.

Finally, one November night, my mom and I decided to watch a K-drama and we couldn’t think of any new ones to watch so we ended up watching Discovery Of Love. FINALLY! And you know what happened next? This drama played with my feelings, made me have a love-hate relationship with all the characters, and kept me on the edge of my seat until the very last episode. Now I know why my friend couldn’t help but vent to me when she watched this because I did the same (and I mean this in a good way)!

discovery-of-love-3-1640605674.jpg

What is Discovery Of Love all about?

Han Yeorum (Jung Yumi) is a furniture designer who is in a seemingly perfect relationship with Nam Hajin (Sung Joon), a kind and sweet plastic surgeon who loves her so much and wants to marry her after a year of dating. Due to unforeseen circumstances, Yeorum crosses paths again with her first love and ex-boyfriend of five years, Kang Taeha (Eric Mun), the CEO of an interior design company. As the three of them navigate the complicated world of relationships, they discover the real meaning of love for each of them. Throw in family and childhood secrets, quirky friends, and the show’s penchant of making you feel like you know what’s coming next, but you end up being wrong, you’re in for a rollercoaster ride of rom-com feels.

If you love dramas with characters fully fleshed out and have distinct personalities all on their own (I hate characters who act out of character, IYKWIM!), Taeha, Yeorum, and Hajin will feel like you personally know them and will make you want to root for them and scream at them because of their life choices all at the same time. The plot may seem like the cliché love triangle (or square *wink*) at first, but I guarantee you’ll find yourself relating to at least one or maybe even all the main leads. And for long-time fans, I have great news for you! Discovery Of Love is going to have a webtoon version soon! Let’s wait for more details! 

The Discovery Of Love cast members

Eric Mun as Kang Taeha

The character: Successful CEO Kang Taeha is a little cocky, a little arrogant, and is used to getting his way. Yet underneath that cold exterior is a sweet and sincere man. He claims that his ex-girlfriend ruined relationships for him as he is still confused why they truly broke up. Despite that, he wants to meet her again and is curious about how she is doing. He even claims he wants to be friends again! When an opportunity arises for him to work with Yeorum, he grabs the chance. He wants her back and he’s not afraid to show her that. But he must deal with the fact that she is in a serious relationship now. As he learns the lessons of regret and one-sided love, he finally understands what it is to truly love.

The actor: Eric Mun is most well-known for being the leader, rapper, and songwriter for the legendary K-pop group, Shinhwa. As an actor, he has eyes that reflect his emotions well. Discovery Of Love is the first drama I have watched him in, and I must say he portrays the stereotypical bad boy character just right—not overly pushy or aggressive but just enough to make hearts flutter. You’ll know why Kang Taeha is unforgettable.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPmT2_uBx1N/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=05ed7e03-4d6c-41e0-8ac2-02d0f1fe44dc

Life lessons from Discovery Of Love

*Spoiler alert!* But honestly, if you haven’t watched this in 2021, you need to be spoiled. Don’t be like me and regret not watching this earlier!

Do not take for granted the people who love you.

Kang Taeha learned this the hard way when he realized he still loves Yeorum years after they broke up. I disliked him during the first half of the drama mainly because of the way he treated Yeorum towards the end of their relationship – constantly being late for their dates, even forgetting they have dates sometimes, and neglecting her when she needed him most. It was satisfying to see him break down when he knew the whole truth about Yeorum’s trauma. And for me, it felt like the remorse and regret came too late. Or is it?

Spoiler

discovery-of-love-6-1640607916.jpg

Open communication and telling the truth are always better than telling white lies.

Probably the most frustrating part of this drama is the amount of lies the present couple told each other. At first, I kind of understood Yeorum when she was telling white lies to not hurt Hajin but oddly enough, I was mad at Hajin for the white lies he started telling Yeorum, too. Honestly, I was expecting Hajin to make serious mistakes about their relationship, but I was proven wrong. During the latter half of the drama, I was more annoyed at Yeorum for letting the lies snowball the way they did. More than Taeha coming back into Yeorum’s life, I think it was the lies that caused problems in Hajin and Yeorum’s relationship.

For a relationship to work, both parties must be committed to going through the good times and bad times together.

I really liked the part where Hajin said he is willing to go rock bottom with Yeorum and climb back up together. He was willing to work things out no matter how hard it got. He consistently tried to understand her, talk calmly to her when they were having problems, and even apologized when he wasn’t in the wrong. From the start of the drama and up until the end, he genuinely loved her.

Be true to yourself.

In the end, it all boils down to Yeorum needing to be true to herself. She tried to make the "grown-up" decision, but her heart kept telling her otherwise. She’s more herself with Taeha. You’ll notice it from the way she talks to him and the way she treats him. She’s more real. And as what Hajin said in the last episode, "If she doesn’t love me, I can’t make her. It doesn’t work with effort. I can’t even control my own feelings; how can I control someone else’s?"

I need to stop before I vent any further and drown you in my feels. This K-drama will definitely make you emotionally attached to it. And trust me, you wouldn’t have it any other way.

If you haven’t watched Discovery Of Love yet, YOU. HAVE. TO. The good thing? You don’t need to have any subscription on any platform to watch it. This drama is available on KBS WORLD TV’s official YouTube account. Go and watch now!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/honest-review-discovery-of-love-a4985-20211230-lfrm?ref=home_feed_1

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 1

211230 Shinhwa’s Eric Spotted

#Eric #RightWing #ManagerSeo

T/N: “Right Wing” is the name of a YouTube channel in the literal sense. It’s a phrase that doesn’t have political association in Korean. Spot the Siberian husky mask behind Eric in the 1st pic? It’s probably the same one he wore in this post.  He was spotted with other guys previously too.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Source: seogwajang_official

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

On 12/30/2021 at 12:12 PM, willenette said:

@Phi I've tried this kalguksu but not from this place. The noodle is thick & round, which looks like the versions of fettuccine. The taste of kalguksu is sweet. They are served in a clear broth, usually made from chicken and anchovy. 

I got confused with kakguksu and sujebi at first because they have the same(?) broth base of anchovy and kelp?  Now I know kalguksu is more of noodle / fettuccine type while sujebi is a hand pull pieces of dough. Gosh I'm craving for a hot bowl of noodle right now with cold weather....

On 12/30/2021 at 12:12 PM, willenette said:

'Discovery Of Love' Is The K-Drama That I Won't Get Tired Of Watching Again And Again

If you haven’t watched it yet, do it now!

Life lessons from Discovery Of Love

*Spoiler alert!* But honestly, if you haven’t watched this in 2021, you need to be spoiled. Don’t be like me and regret not watching this earlier!

Do not take for granted the people who love you.

Kang Taeha learned this the hard way when he realized he still loves Yeorum years after they broke up. I disliked him during the first half of the drama mainly because of the way he treated Yeorum towards the end of their relationship – constantly being late for their dates, even forgetting they have dates sometimes, and neglecting her when she needed him most. It was satisfying to see him break down when he knew the whole truth about Yeorum’s trauma. And for me, it felt like the remorse and regret came too late. Or is it?

Reveal hidden contents

discovery-of-love-6-1640607916.jpg

Open communication and telling the truth are always better than telling white lies.

Probably the most frustrating part of this drama is the amount of lies the present couple told each other. At first, I kind of understood Yeorum when she was telling white lies to not hurt Hajin but oddly enough, I was mad at Hajin for the white lies he started telling Yeorum, too. Honestly, I was expecting Hajin to make serious mistakes about their relationship, but I was proven wrong. During the latter half of the drama, I was more annoyed at Yeorum for letting the lies snowball the way they did. More than Taeha coming back into Yeorum’s life, I think it was the lies that caused problems in Hajin and Yeorum’s relationship.

For a relationship to work, both parties must be committed to going through the good times and bad times together.

I really liked the part where Hajin said he is willing to go rock bottom with Yeorum and climb back up together. He was willing to work things out no matter how hard it got. He consistently tried to understand her, talk calmly to her when they were having problems, and even apologized when he wasn’t in the wrong. From the start of the drama and up until the end, he genuinely loved her.

Be true to yourself.

In the end, it all boils down to Yeorum needing to be true to herself. She tried to make the "grown-up" decision, but her heart kept telling her otherwise. She’s more herself with Taeha. You’ll notice it from the way she talks to him and the way she treats him. She’s more real. And as what Hajin said in the last episode, "If she doesn’t love me, I can’t make her. It doesn’t work with effort. I can’t even control my own feelings; how can I control someone else’s?"

I need to stop before I vent any further and drown you in my feels. This K-drama will definitely make you emotionally attached to it. And trust me, you wouldn’t have it any other way.

If you haven’t watched Discovery Of Love yet, YOU. HAVE. TO. The good thing? You don’t need to have any subscription on any platform to watch it. This drama is available on KBS WORLD TV’s official YouTube account. Go and watch now!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/honest-review-discovery-of-love-a4985-20211230-lfrm?ref=home_feed_1

Thanks so much for sharing this.  The author hit it well with what we can learn from this drama.  I find that the new crowd of drama viewers these days RickRoll'D on dramas / actors that taking the imperfect roles and saying we like the "bad" characters because they're handsome / pretty..  Like hello, that's not it.  We know they are imperfect because their circumstances.  It's not romanticizing their bad behaviors but understanding why and learn from it.

I hope to see him back on TV soon after he gets out of the current management, TOP Media. 

PS: Rain's upcoming series with tvN seems fun from the teaser :)

Edited by gm4queen
Please use spoiler tags when you upload more than 3 images in one post! Thanks!

1 hour ago, Phi said:

211230 Shinhwa’s Eric Spotted

#Eric #RightWing #ManagerSeo

T/N: “Right Wing” is the name of a YouTube channel in the literal sense. It’s a phrase that doesn’t have political association in Korean. Spot the Siberian husky mask behind Eric in the 1st pic? It’s probably the same one he wore in this post.  He was spotted with other guys previously too.

Source: seogwajang_official

I got confused with kakguksu and sujebi at first because they have the same(?) broth base of anchovy and kelp?  Now I know kalguksu is more of noodle / fettuccine type while sujebi is a hand pull pieces of dough. Gosh I'm craving for a hot bowl of noodle right now with cold weather....

Thanks so much for sharing this.  The author hit it well with what we can learn from this drama.  I find that the new crowd of drama viewers these days RickRoll'D on dramas / actors that taking the imperfect roles and saying we like the "bad" characters because they're handsome / pretty..  Like hello, that's not it.  We know they are imperfect because their circumstances.  It's not romanticizing their bad behaviors but understanding why and learn from it.

I hope to see him back on TV soon after he gets out of the current management, TOP Media. 

PS: Rain's upcoming series with tvN seems fun from the teaser :)

@Phi same here, dear. I missed him on the screen. Ye, RAIN's upcoming drama is nearing.....just a few sleeps away

for its premiere.     :popcornjackson:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The whole rap line from Shinhwa is off market!!  Congrats to Andy and is soon bride!!! :love:

2022.01.19 Shinhwa’s Andy’s Marriage Announcement + Eric and Minwoo’s Congratulation

After Andy’s marriage announcement was released via official SNS accounts, Minwoo and Eric posted on Instagram to congratulate their maknae.

Eric: Hot pot with Andy, nom nom #imhappy4u :heart:

spacer.png

Minwoo’s IG Story:

Congrats our dearest cherry
Minwoo: Congrats, new groom
Andy: Sangkyuuu, Hyung ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Minwoo: Farewell. Don’t come back
Andy: shock
Minwoo: *laugh*
Andy: :kiss_wink:
Minwoo: You have to be happy to live well

spacer.png

Source: muneric, mstyle’s story
Translation: EricMun.tumblr + 6crystalis

WOW that was like almost 15 years ago!  :o Most of the mentions about Eric you see he’s kind, polite and good manners even if with ordinary people :heart:  I’m thankful the actress shared this photo with us.

220125 Actress Choi In-soo Shared an Old Photo With Shinhwa’s Eric During Filming of Que Sera Sera Drama (2007)

A long time ago
After filming MBC drama Que Sera Sera
A photo with Eric~
Eric is a polite and cool actor~
#Eric
#Actress Choi In-sook

36e5cfb474c7ff0dac77877e222a3fb24ba69b9f.jpg

fe16f06caf098ab9cab32d10c7feaaccf6af01eb.jpg

Source: siberia81

5 hours ago, Phi said:

WOW that was like almost 15 years ago!  :o Most of the mentions about Eric you see he’s kind, polite and good manners even if with ordinary people :heart:  I’m thankful the actress shared this photo with us.

220125 Actress Choi In-soo Shared an Old Photo With Shinhwa’s Eric During Filming of Que Sera Sera Drama (2007)

A long time ago
After filming MBC drama Que Sera Sera
A photo with Eric~
Eric is a polite and cool actor~
#Eric
#Actress Choi In-sook

Source: siberia81

@Phi thanks for sharing this. I loved Eric in this drama. I find the series good. Ye, quite a long time ago and how I missed it. The story is rather simple and one we know well. Needless to say, Eric and Jung Yu Mi make a perfect couple. Of course, this is not a perfect drama, it had its flaws - There were some parts that made me roll my eyes because they weren’t explained like you would expect, but nothing compared to other dramas. It is a very mature drama so if you’re looking for a romcom or something with laughs, this is not a drama for you. The drama is worth my time. The ending could have ended on a more romantic note, though.  :Ohboy3:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

2022.02.16 Shinhwa’s Eric’s Fanclub UBERIC Donated To Korea Childhood Leukemia Foundation To Celebrate His Birthday

spacer.png

On February 16th, Shinhwa Eric’s fanclub “UBEric” sent in donation for treatment of pediatric cancers to the Korea Childhood Leukemia Foundation (KCLF) in celebration of Shinhwa’s Eric’s (Moon Jung-hyuk) birthday.

The donation will be used by the Korea Childhood Leukemia Foundation in the name of “Shinhwa’s Eric” toward pediatric cancer treatments.

Starting their first donation in February 2014, UBEric has been donating for eight years this year. And so far, they have donated a total of 16,120,000 won to provide treatment expenses for nine children.

“The letters sent by the supported children’s families is the reward and driving force for us to keep giving every year. I deeply thank the supporters for their efforts to continue again this year. a UBEric representative commented.

spacer.png

The Korea Childhood Leukemia Foundation issued a donation certificate to UBEric on February 16th, Eric’s birthday. The certificate contained a commemorative message saying, “UBEric is sending love to the children fighting childhood cancer again this year!

Every year on this special day since February 2014, we would like to express our gratitude once again to UBEric, who has delivered warm love to children with childhood cancers, and to Shinhwa’s Eric, who has been the motivation for the donation opportunity.

spacer.png

You can read more about past donations from HERE.

Source: KCLF + Twitter

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

*** Shinhwa will be reuniting for a guest appearance on the KBS2 variety program, 'The King of Jujeop'! According to reports, they attended a recording for their guest appearance on the show back on March 30. KBS2's 'The King of Jujeop' is a program dedicated to fans of all ages. Each week, guests encounter stories of some of their most avid fans, while the fan's family members share some hilarious accounts of witnessing the craziest things their loved one would do for their star. Shinhwa's episode is airing some time in April!   :luvarrow:

• 4 weeks later...

9 Unique And Cool Careers In K-Dramas We Wish We Could Have

One of the cool parts about watching K-dramas is seeing the fascinating world of various workplaces. As an avid K-drama fan, we learn more and more about different jobs and careers, seeing the ins and outs of what is required in certain industries. It is also interesting to see the work culture and societal norms when it comes to working in South Korea.

There are obviously plenty, but here are nine unique careers in K-dramas that are so cool that we might not mind having.

4. Sound director in “Another Oh Hae Young

Another Eric drama added to this list is his 2016 romantic series “Another Oh Hae Young.” He stars alongside Seo Hyun Jin as a sound director. What’s so fascinating about this particular job is what goes on behind the scenes when he’s enhancing or creating sounds for commercials, movies, and shows. Seeing the intricate details and his crew of sound engineers trying to produce such accurate and compelling sounds is so inspiring to see!

eric-mun.jpeg

Start watching “Another Oh Hae Young”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• 1 month later...

Soompi & Viki Staff Talk: Which K-Drama Couple Is Your Favorite Of All Time?

Bo: Han Yeo Reum & Kang Tae Ha from “Discovery of Love

discovery-of-love.jpeg

Legendary romance drama “Discovery of Love” left so many iconic quotes about love and what has become my favorite K-drama couple. Han Yeo Reum (Jung Yu Mi) and Kang Tae Ha (Eric) are an ex-couple that accidentally reunites after five years, and the drama shows how they act in front of their true love even after being hurt by them in the past. Jung Yu Mi and her loveliness made Han Yeo Reum to be a cute and sensitive but firm character who is determined to move on, while Eric portrayed his character Kang Tae Ha as a childish and pathetic ex-boyfriend who can also be a mature and sincere lover as well. Every scene is so natural and realistic that this drama has pretty much become my bible for romance.

Watch “Discovery of Love” below:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

NEW EVENT!  

Favourite K-Dramas based on Web - Novels, Webtoons & Manhwa  

Vote NOW!  :piggydance:

Chingus, love them or hate them! You can’t ignore them. :coolshades:

K-Dramas inspired from manhwa, webtoons and web-novels are making a big splash in the entertainment industry. Vote for your favourite K-Dramas and let us know the ones you absolutely hated.

re:  Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth and @partyon