On 4/15/2019 at 11:38 PM, willenette said:

Hi Phi,  In Asian countries like China, Japan, and particularly South Korea, wearing “couple clothes” is the equivalent of making things Facebook official. hahaha - In Western culture, dressing as a couple is usually reserved for Christmas cards and Halloween costumes. LOL - Now, they again invented cutest gesture - forget thumbs up, the no. 1 sign, it's dead. Peace signs? Well, still CUTE but something better has come along.............. the crossing your thumb & your index finger + the one you mentioned above, maybe. Honestly, the one you mentioned is new to me & just heard this from you - While I was in Seoul last December I kept noticing "this thing" MORE - crossing the thumb & your index finger. A FINGER HEART! It's really ridiculously adorable. Now, it's just a normal & CUTE thing everyone does everywhere. At the Olympics they sold official gloves that are literally made for making finger hearts. :P

Hi Willenette, I saw that new couple thing of the girl holding her bff/hub index finger and take a photo on twitter. I was to find it and post the pic together with that post but I so hard to backtrack cuz someone retweet it.  I was surprised too since I don't see that on SNS yet.  May be it's not prominent as it's just a couple thing where as the cute fingers heart is very universal for anyone. :D 

1VHW0HY4FM_1.jpg

190417 ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant’ Heads to the United States

tumblr_inline_pq4umtZqfx1qcufwd_1280.png

Cable network tvN’s reality cooking program “4 Wheeled Restaurant” heads to the United States for its third season, which premieres on Friday at 11 p.m. The cast of the season features chef Lee Yeon-bok, members of the boy band Shinhwa Eric and Lee Min-woo, entertainer Heo Kyeong-hwan and singer John Park. Eric and Park are new additions to the cast.

We chose the cast based on certain standards,” said producer Lee Woo-hyong. “We wanted them to speak fluent English, have a knack for cooking and work well with others.

Lee briefly mentioned the absence of singer Jung Joon-young, who was cast to be a part of the program. He left while the show was being filmed after he was summoned for questioning by police when he was charged with illegally shooting videos of himself having sex with women without their consent and sharing the files.

There were some edits necessary and it took longer than expected, but despite the inconvenience, we did our best, and we are confident that viewers will enjoy the program.

Luckily for them, Lee Min-woo was able to fill the vacancy without any problem. “Actually, [my appearance] was scheduled a month before the actual shooting,” he said. “Eric texted me so many times to come to the United States and help out, but I really couldn’t reply back because I was already on the plane.

This season, the cast traveled to the United States for two weeks to serve “Korean Soul food” from their food truck under the guidance of chef Lee.

I wonder how jajangmyeon will sell in the West,” the chef says in a clip shown at a press conference held on Tuesday, talking about the favorite black bean noodle dish. “Can jajangmyeon become globally popular?

The chef considers the dish to be just as Korean as it is Chinese. After spending the second season of the show in China, Lee learned that jajangmyeon is seen as a Korean novelty dish there. Although the main menu items on the food truck are Chinese, the group spontaneously added Korean snacks and dishes to draw more customers.

For the chef, selling his food in a totally different culture was a new challenge that he was glad to take on.

To see Americans enjoy our food boosted my confidence that the world is ready for Korean-style jajangmyeon,” Lee said. “As viewers will find out, our group’s chemistry and teamwork turned out to be flawless for the job.” 

Source: Korea Joongang Daily

Article by The Korea Times:

tumblr_inline_pq4uuidnv61qcufwd_1280.jpg

For the show’s third season, Chinese cuisine chef Lee Yeon-bok, Shinhwa’s Eric, Lee Min-woo, singer John Park and comedian Heo Kyung-hwan headed to Los Angeles and San Francisco to run a food truck that offered “Korean soul foods.”

Many people may wonder why we did not sell Western dishes in the U.S,” Yeon-bok said. “But I wanted to know how Americans would react to so-called ‘Koreanized’ Chinese cuisine that I cook.” He used the term “Koreanized,” since many of his “Chinese” dishes are different from original dishes found in China.

He also offered several Korean dishes including “Korean-style hot dogs.”

You might be able to see how Americans enjoy Korean food on our program,” Eric said. “My cooking ability also improved after working with Lee Yeon-bok.

Heo said: “I will appear in the fourth season, too, if the viewership rating hits 7.32 percent.” He was in the second season that featured a food truck in China.

“4 Wheeled Restaurant” will premiere at 11 p.m. on Thursday.

Source: The Korea Times

HE IS TOO HANDSOME!!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

2019.04.16 4 Wheeled Restaurant Press Conference - Photos by Top Media

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.JPG?type=w1200

14.JPG?type=w1200

15.JPG?type=w1200

16.JPG?type=w1200

17.JPG?type=w1200

18.JPG?type=w1200

19.JPG?type=w1200

Source: Top Media

Press Conference video

190417 ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant’ Heads to the United States
tumblr_inline_pq4umtZqfx1qcufwd_1280.png

Cable network tvN’s reality cooking program “4 Wheeled Restaurant” heads to the United States for its third season, which premieres on Friday at 11 p.m. The cast of the season features chef Lee Yeon-bok, members of the boy band Shinhwa Eric and Lee Min-woo, entertainer Heo Kyeong-hwan and singer John Park. Eric and Park are new additions to the cast.

We chose the cast based on certain standards,” said producer Lee Woo-hyong. “We wanted them to speak fluent English, have a knack for cooking and work well with others.

Lee briefly mentioned the absence of singer Jung Joon-young, who was cast to be a part of the program. He left while the show was being filmed after he was summoned for questioning by police when he was charged with illegally shooting videos of himself having sex with women without their consent and sharing the files.

There were some edits necessary and it took longer than expected, but despite the inconvenience, we did our best, and we are confident that viewers will enjoy the program.

Luckily for them, Lee Min-woo was able to fill the vacancy without any problem. “Actually, [my appearance] was scheduled a month before the actual shooting,” he said. “Eric texted me so many times to come to the United States and help out, but I really couldn’t reply back because I was already on the plane.

This season, the cast traveled to the United States for two weeks to serve “Korean Soul food” from their food truck under the guidance of chef Lee.

I wonder how jajangmyeon will sell in the West,” the chef says in a clip shown at a press conference held on Tuesday, talking about the favorite black bean noodle dish. “Can jajangmyeon become globally popular?

The chef considers the dish to be just as Korean as it is Chinese. After spending the second season of the show in China, Lee learned that jajangmyeon is seen as a Korean novelty dish there. Although the main menu items on the food truck are Chinese, the group spontaneously added Korean snacks and dishes to draw more customers.

For the chef, selling his food in a totally different culture was a new challenge that he was glad to take on.

To see Americans enjoy our food boosted my confidence that the world is ready for Korean-style jajangmyeon,” Lee said. “As viewers will find out, our group’s chemistry and teamwork turned out to be flawless for the job.” 

Source: Korea Joongang Daily

Article by The Korea Times:

tumblr_inline_pq4uuidnv61qcufwd_1280.jpg

For the show’s third season, Chinese cuisine chef Lee Yeon-bok, Shinhwa’s Eric, Lee Min-woo, singer John Park and comedian Heo Kyung-hwan headed to Los Angeles and San Francisco to run a food truck that offered “Korean soul foods.”

Many people may wonder why we did not sell Western dishes in the U.S,” Yeon-bok said. “But I wanted to know how Americans would react to so-called ‘Koreanized’ Chinese cuisine that I cook.” He used the term “Koreanized,” since many of his “Chinese” dishes are different from original dishes found in China.

He also offered several Korean dishes including “Korean-style hot dogs.”

You might be able to see how Americans enjoy Korean food on our program,” Eric said. “My cooking ability also improved after working with Lee Yeon-bok.

Heo said: “I will appear in the fourth season, too, if the viewership rating hits 7.32 percent.” He was in the second season that featured a food truck in China.

“4 Wheeled Restaurant” will premiere at 11 p.m. on Thursday.

Source: The Korea Times

190421 Shinhwa’s Eric #aguTV Update:

There’s your… not so typical CEOs
This was at the same spot as the one Minwoo posted earlier.

Earlier at the concert, Hyesung said he heard news that cute people will die quicker.  Not long after Eric posted that funny clip with Minwoo in his Youtube Story, he also posted this screenshot of MBC news

MBC news headline: The cuter you are,the faster you die
Eric: aah… really worried… be moderately cute, please… aah…

tumblr_inline_pqcgcidVAG1qcufwd_1280.jpg

Souce: aguTV

Translation: EricMun.tumblr

190422 Shinhwa promises to stay with fans ‘forever’ at 21st anniversary concert

Living up to its reputation as the longest-running K-pop act to date, Shinhwa’s 21st anniversary concert in Seoul was nothing if not legendary. It wasn’t because of a high-end set or elaborate special effects – it was the K-pop gurus’ unique ability to hold a crowd in the palm of their hands and make them feel secure, comfortable and loved that made the annual show so special.

Drawing over 20,000 fans, the six-piece band held its two-day concert at the Olympic Park’s Olympic Gymnastics Arena over the weekend. Titled “Chapter 4,” the set was divided into four parts, chronicling Shinhwa’s lengthy career since the band’s debut in 1998 until last year.

Kicking off the Saturday concert with its debut hit, “Resolver,” Shinhwa filled the over-three-hour affair with as many as 30 songs, including “Perfect Man,” “I Pray 4 U,” “Brand New,” “Shooting Star” and “Kiss Me Like That.” The group’s die-hard fans, many clad in orange – the act’s trademark color – waved orange light sticks and chanted “Shinhwa Changjo” throughout. “Shinhwa Changjo” refers to the group’s official fan base.

After pumping up the crowd with “Wild Eyes,” the band greeted fans by promising an amazing show and asking fans to “go crazy.”

Expressing his affection toward the fans, Lee Min-woo said during the show, “I feel like I’m caught up in the group called ‘Shinhwa Changjo,’ as if my mistakes are all warmly embraced. I saw our fans while dancing, and they were all enjoying our performance. Thank you so much for having fun with us.”

“Shinhwa won’t ever be taken down. We might get old, but our talent won’t get old,” he added.

Although most of the band members are in their early 40s, Shinhwa proved to its fans that time doesn’t matter with the dynamic energy the artists showed during fast-paced numbers like “Oh” and “Sniper.” With toned-down tracks like “Destiny of Love” and fan song “Orange,” the band whipped the crowd into a frenzy.

Referring to the ear-splitting screams from the audience, Shin Hye-sung joked, “I think I should apologize to the staff of this venue, as I think the ceiling got cracked. I will pay for the damage.

While the overall atmosphere was perky and bright, there were a few emotional moments too. Fans surprised the group toward the end by singing the melodic “Prayer” in unison. Shinhwa reciprocated their love by projecting heartfelt video messages for fans onto the screen.

We will keep performing on stage as long as we are healthy,” said Kim Dong-wan via the screen, and Lee Min-woo promised fans that he wouldn’t just leave them without any notice.

Wrapping up the concert with classics “Eusha! Eusha!” “Time Machine,” “Run” and “Yo!” Shin said, “You (fans) will always be our priority, no matter what happens, and we’ll stay by your side forever. We won’t have a new member until our death.

Eric chimed in and said, “To me, my bandmates are at the top of my list and you guys (fans) are in second place. The six of us will stick together to fight against anything. I hope to take seeing you guys each year for granted.

We will always say we are like a beach that keeps its place despite the tide. You may come back to us whenever you want,” said Kim.

Andy also promised fans to do his best as part of Shinhwa for the next 20 to 30 years.

Shinhwa is the longest-running K-pop act in the scene that has remained together, despite management changes and the members’ mandatory service in the military. Often referred to as part of the “first generation” of K-pop, Shinhwa released the special album “Heart” in August last year, featuring the lead single “Kiss Me Like That.”

By Hong Dam-young (lotus@heraldcorp.com)

Source: Kpop Herald

190617 Shinhwa’s Eric’s perspective on ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant’, what to look for, #Bufferic #Gear #Teamwork

Shinhwa’s Eric revealed what to look for on the newest episode of tvN’s ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant.’

On the 17th, Eric shared his thoughts on what to look for on the tvN’s 4 Wheeled Restaurant’s press conference. The press conference was shown through TOP Media’s official Youtube channel.

To the question on how difficult it was to work in a small food truck, Eric replied “I haven’t done much experience with running this business so the pace was a bit fast for me. But when customers began to rush in, it was lively and quite fun even though the work was hard.”

Eric, who said the team worked like a well-oiled machine, expressed his affection for the team saying, “The kitchen and the front of the house had  perfect chemistry.”

When asked about the nickname ‘Bufferic’ that he gained during his previous show, tvN’s ‘3 Meals a Day’, Eric replied, “From picking a menu to distributing works, I had a lot of things to juggle at once. But this time, we have Chef (Lee Yeon-Bok) so it is less stressful. We worked like clockwork under his leadership.”

When asked who he wants to bring in as a new member next time, Eric answered “I would say Andy. He works hard, is very diligent and efficient.

Source: Mydaily

That's really good start.  I didn't expect it that high for cable TV, consider the late time slot during week day.  Season 2 had the best timeslot and this is in the upper rating of S2.  Hope they can keep up

190419 Shinhwa‘s Eric - “4 Wheeled Restaurant 3 US Edition” A Hit… With 5.2% Viewership Rating

tumblr_inline_pqe3h6Iu3p1qcufwd_1280.png

On April 18th, tvN’s ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant 3 - US Edition’ had a successful first episode viewership rating of 4% peaked at 5.2% on a paid subscription platform for cable, satellite, and IPTV. Target audience viewership (20 to 49 years old) also recorded average of 2.7% and 3.4% on peak, proving how much the show was anticipated. (Nielsen Korea/Paid Platform/National)

“Curious if Jajangmyeon would work globally,” Chef Lee Yeon-Bok with Eric, Heo Kyung-Hwan, John Park’s ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant’ set off to America to show different kind of entertainment compared to the successful Chinese season. From the enormous wholesale market to the reaction of the locals eating Jajangmyeon for the first time, there was a lot of fun to look for.

Chef Lee Yeon-Bok and the team displayed their perfect chemistry on the first day of their arrival in LA, getting together to prepare for business. After buying ingredients from local market, Chef Lee Yeon-Bok amazed people by showing his 47 years of experience in perfectly distributing workload to Eric, Heo Kyung-Hwan and John Park as well as preparing ingredients that would serve up to 80 people.

The next day, the food truck had its first opening at Hermosa Beach which was featured in the movie ‘La La Land’.  It was immediately popular among customers. People used fork and their hands instead of unfamiliar chopsticks to eat Tangsuyuk, all praised “Delicious!” The popularity was so high people were waiting in lines for empty seats. Although veteran Chef Lee Yeon-Bok was initially nervous about the reception of the locals, he was quite happy with the result.

Chef Lee Yeon-Bok presented his charismatic leadership. He was seen cooking dishes by dishes quickly navigating through upgraded food truck and never showing weaknesses despite unusual requests like vegan Jajangmyeon. Lee Yeon-Bok’s new apprentice Eric, confident Heo Kyung-Hwan, friendly waiter John Park all showed their tight team work, adding more excitement to the next episode. ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant US Edition’ will be featuring Chef Lee Yeon-Bok’s specialty ‘Bok Dumplings’ next week.

Source: 10Asia

190419 ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant’ Shinhwa’s Eric Highly Praised by Lee Yeon-Bok, Lives up to His Nickname “Three Meals A Day E-chef” + EP.1 (Comprehensive)

tumblr_inline_pqeqaiCkLa1qcufwd_1280.png

Eric, Shinhwa-member-turned-chef-apprentice for chef Lee, showed his skills and proved his worth of his nickname ‘E-Chef’ from Three Meals A Day.

Before leaving for America, Lee Yeon-Bok showed his enthusiasm for Jajangmyeon to the producers through an interview saying, “I want to try Jajangmyeon wherever we go. This style of Jajang-Myun only exists in Korea. I was most curious about how it will be received in China. But now I’m curious about how it’s going to be like in America. I’ve never seen an American eat Jajangmyeon. Let’s try it out even if it fails.

As soon as they arrived in America, they went to see ‘Bok’s Food’ truck which is named after chef Lee Yeon-Bok. He was all smiles after seeing a bigger kitchen compared to the kitchen from last season. The producers upgraded the size of the food truck. There are now four stoves. Lee Yeon-Bok showed his satisfaction by saying, “This is well made. The truck got bigger. The interior is upgraded a lot compared to the one we used in China. I think we’ll be able to work more comfortably.

‘Bok’s Food’s first menu were Jajangmyeon and Tangsuyuk. The crew sold Jajangmyeon for $7, Tangsuyuk (crispy sweet & sour pork) for $9 and the combo of both for $15. Producers announced that the initial capital is 2 million wons (approximately USD $1,800) and all profits will be donated to charity organizations. The first spot for the food truck was LA’s ‘Hermosa Beach.’ The beach is popular among locals for restaurants and pubs. It was also featured in the movie ‘La La Land.’

imageimage

The dark horse of this episode was the new kitchen assistant Eric. In a pre-production interview, Eric revealed, “To be honest, coming up with new recipes for ‘3 Meals a Day’ was really tough, especially the setting up. But this times Chef (Lee Yeon-Bok) is here, I’m here to learn more.”

When Eric met his ‘LAN cable mentor’ Lee Yeon-Bok, he listened and learnt carefully to every words his mentor said. He was pleased to learn Lee Yeon-Bok’s dumpling recipe. “This recipe is impossible just by looking it up on the internet”, Eric said. He was highly praised for his quick learning and cooking skills by Lee Yeon-Bok.

Also in the pre-production interview with the producers, Eric said that he and his wife, Na Hye-Mi, visited Lee Yeon-Bok’s Korean-Chinese restaurant about four years ago. He said, “I personally made reservation and waited for a month. I was looking for a chance to meet him. So when I saw him outside, I asked if we could take a photo together.” Their relationship continued into ‘3 Meals a Day’ when Eric asked Lee Yeon-Bok for his advice on cooking. Eric still admires him as his ‘LAN cable mentor.’

As a kitchen assistant and Lee Yeon-Bok’s right hand man, Eric was busy running and learning. Eric learned how to boil noodles, how to pour Jajang sauce evenly and how to put cucumber garnish for topping from his master.

He was also seen tiptoeing over the counter to watch Lee Yeon-Bok when he was far away, showing his passion. Yeon-Bok reacted to Eric’s passion and progress. He improved his knife skills day by day and Lee Yeon-Bok praised him “Oh that’s good, really good.” While watching Eric, Heo Kyung-Hwan also praised, “This is why everybody is saying Eric Eric.

image image

Source: Newsen, News1, OSEN