The cast had endless stories to share" Bring it on, the more the merrier and I really hope it gets subbed. I don't mind if the drama doesn't get subbed but I hope the BTS, unaired footage & commentary/interviews will be subbed.

2016.09.01 ERIC, SEO HYUN JIN REUNITE FOR “OH HAE YOUNG AGAIN” DVD COMMENTARY RECORDING

tumblr_inline_octmhrdvDW1qcufwd_500.jpg

The cast of tvN “Oh Hae Young Again” with Eric, Seo Hyun Jin, Jeon Hye Bin, Ye Ji Won, Kim Ji Suk, Heo Jung Min and Heo Young Ji reunited after a long while for the recording of the Oh Hae Young Again DVD commentary.

Together with director Song Hyun Wook, the cast completed the recording of the DVD commentary on 31st August. The DVD also contains scenes that did not manage to make it to broadcast, making the DVD set even more of a collector’s item.

A spokesperson shared, “Viewers will be able to see interesting behind-the-scene stories that show the cheerful and lively mood on the set. The cast had endless stories to share.”

Source: sportbiz + Translation by sumi13 + EricMun.tumblr

• Like 1

The upcoming tvN's award ceremony on Oct 8th & 9th, Oh Hae Young Again will be featured on Day 1 (Oct.08th) with special guest appearance and OST performances.  More details to come at later date.  My friend said there will be a special OHYA corner for the fans to visit and experience the drama... (may be display of props used in the drama?).  Not sure what the 3 categories are for (Play, Eat, and Enjoy) but OHYA is under "Enjoy" category.

I hope all the cast of OHYA get to attend.  Kim Kiddo wish he could attend award ceremony for once... a long shot but I hope it comes true for him. :)  And I really hope this won't clash with Shinhwa's October comeback schedule.... *PRAYS*

Do I smell award for OHYA's OST? (especially Ben & Jung Seung Hwan). The OST is loved and played often on other shows/programs. These particular 2 tracks are charted really well on OST charts even months after OHYA's broadcast (top 5)

http://tvn10festival.interest.me/awards

CrPkxfcUEAACjFv.jpg

CrPkyPmUsAAxlfr.jpg

Not sure what the 3 categories are for (Play, Eat, and Enjoy) but OHYA is under "Enjoy" category

CrPky4kVIAISCAl.jpg

screencaps by honeyedmoco 

• Like 1

so ninnja Eric was spotted earlier today at a noodle house (서북면옥). It's not too far from his home, about 50mins walk (faster if he drove lol).  Some one asked if Eric was there with someone and the poster said he went alone. Dinner time hah!

Edit: my friend said poster says Eric's voice & laugh is nice (when giving his order) and he is handsome!

• Like 2

I will be so disappointed if Eric get nothing but I don't want to have high expectation in TvN drama awards too. I'm sure Eric will be there if he'll get 'something'. So, will wait for his attendance confirmation. If he confirms, means he'll get something.

It's pretty sad that in the huge popularity of OHYA drama, Eric as another reason why this drama got hit is likely forgotten. I can't blame anything/anyone since the guy decided to disappeared. But I just hope next time he'll get male centric story. I don't really concern about the female leads since I'm curious to see Eric works with senior actors such as Yoo Ji Tae. I even don't mind to see him as antagonist as long as the story is good. In his limited times as an actor, I hope he always can bring fresh idea. And I think Eric already got sense how to choose good works. Hopefully next time he's getting better and better.

• Like 2

14 K-Drama Castings That Could Have Happened (But Ultimately Didn’t)

They say love is about fate and timing, and I think K-drama castings are the same. Sometimes, while they might seem right at the time, we ultimately realize that they’re just not meant to be.

These 14 K-drama actors almost got cast in some very recognizable roles. Can you imagine any of these dramas with them (and without the actors who actually ended up in those roles)? Now that’s food for thought!

(skipped unrelated.....)

Eric Mun for “Trot Lovers

1.jpg

It was a long wait for fans of Eric Mun, and we got all excited when he was offered the role of Jang Joon Hyun in “Trot Lovers.” Imagine the heartbreak when he declined it! Luckily, Eric Mun confirmed his participation in “Discovery of Love” less than a month later. Jang Joon Hyun, on the other hand, was played by Ji Hyun Woo, who turned out to be nothing short of impressive.

credit : soompi news

7 hours ago, willenette said:

14 K-Drama Castings That Could Have Happened (But Ultimately Didn’t)

They say love is about fate and timing, and I think K-drama castings are the same. Sometimes, while they might seem right at the time, we ultimately realize that they’re just not meant to be.

These 14 K-drama actors almost got cast in some very recognizable roles. Can you imagine any of these dramas with them (and without the actors who actually ended up in those roles)? Now that’s food for thought!

(skipped unrelated.....)

Eric Mun for “Trot Lovers

It was a long wait for fans of Eric Mun, and we got all excited when he was offered the role of Jang Joon Hyun in “Trot Lovers.” Imagine the heartbreak when he declined it! Luckily, Eric Mun confirmed his participation in “Discovery of Love” less than a month later. Jang Joon Hyun, on the other hand, was played by Ji Hyun Woo, who turned out to be nothing short of impressive.

credit : soompi news

Thanks for sharing.  Because of Shinhwa's activities, Eric also turned down Golden Cross before Trot Lovers casting call. I was glad he didn't take Trot Lovers cuz I didn't like the character when I read the synopsis.  It's kinda similar to Kangwoo in Spy Myungwol, just different field of work. 

So glad he went for Discovery of Love that year.  It didn't have high rating and may be slow for some but it's a better drama that won the cast many awards at KBS that year. And it went on to win at some international festivals in 2015 (the 48th WorldFest-Houston International Film Festival, and the 36th Banff World Media Festival in Canada). Also earned them a nomination at 51st Baeksang Arts Awards.

Shinhwa will always be Eric's priority but we do wonder how it'd be if he would had prioritized on his solo more...

• Like 1

Doesn't look like Jeongmin remember the incident. :) I wonder what staff dinner this was... the wrapped up party or those they had before / during the filming of OHYA. Funny how the Eric & the cast tease Youngji to say yes. XD

2016.09.01 Heo Young Ji Says She Received A Drunken Proposal From An “Oh Hae Young Again” Cast Member?

On the September 1 episode of KBS 2TV program “Happy Together 3,” Heo Young Ji and Huh Jung Min appear as guests.

While on the show, Heo Young Ji, who appeared in “Oh Hae Young Again” with Huh Jung Min, spills the beans on an incident involving the both of them that happened at an “Oh Hae Young Again” staff dinner.

Heo Young Ji reveals, “During the staff dinner, [Huh Jung Min] oppa after drinking alcohol got up in front of everyone and confessed that he likes me.”

“He told me, ‘I’ve got money that I’ve saved up,’ and things like that,” Heo Young Ji says.

Heo Young Ji 3

Huh Jung Min reacts with shock and says he doesn’t remember. “I said that I’ve saved up money?”

Heo Young Ji responds, “Yea, you said ‘Oppa has saved up about 30 million won (approximately $26,900 USD).”

Huh Jung Min face palms in response, and Heo Young Ji adds, “And Eric oppa and everyone else told me to say yes to him.”

“I said, ‘I don’t want to,'” Heo Young Ji reveals. “And [Huh Jung Min] said he’ll act as if he forgot tomorrow.”

Heo Young Ji

Source: Soompi

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dianero said:

Hmm !Only five ?!!!! Let the others before Eric win ! Let them see when they are pushing forty! Shinhwa Eric fighting !:heart:

hahaha I love the positive spin. Don't even mind if top 10 so I'm quite happy with 5.  Especially how he keeps himself super low key after OHYA (or before, he's always low key :) )

Image result for eric mun fighting gif

• Like 3

I'm happy with what Eric could achieve in this stage. If we take a look more close, it's difficult to maintain three different jobs equally. Sometimes I think he's so underrated or maybe because people get used to see Eric can do well in whatever he does, we forget how difficult the way he went through. So, getting 5th place is more than enough.

Eric always maintain to have Shinhwa comeback every year while at the same time, he needs to take care of Shinhwa company (and his own agency) which means, he needs to deal with contracts (whether for on/off screen performances, music shows or variety shows during comeback), administrations, expenditures etc. Then, in his 'non-office jobs', he still can make appearance on drama. If it's me, I don't think I can make it.

It's nice to see him enjoy his rest time by himself. We always need time for being alone. I remembered long time show where one popular MC (forgot his name), said that he saw Eric was eating alone in the corner of unpopular restaurant. And that hyung asked why he was there and he simply answered because he was hungry...lol...I kinda get now why we have difficulties to spot him during his ninja time. Because he seems explore the very-unpopular-but-nice-place where people may doubt/ confuse even when they see him. And he use cap to cover his face that might difficult to see his whole face.

• Like 3

Hi, I've been out of town for a bit in the last few days. Hope every one enjoyed the OHYA wedding bash on September 3rd. I did a mini spam at the thread before gone off line and a late spam on twitter when I got back. :lol:

Time to update/catch up :) 

This is good, consider how quiet Eric has been after Oh Hae Young ended. :) 

2016.09.02 MOOLMANG POWER RANKING FOR AUGUST 2016: SHINHWA’S ERIC 1ST & 5TH

Male Singer Power Ranking - August: 1st place

tumblr_inline_ocw4tmD0uC1qcufwd_1280.jpg

Actor Power Ranking - August: 5th place

tumblr_inline_ocw4w5OvKW1qcufwd_1280.png

Source: Moolmang (1, 2) + EricMun.tumblr

• Like 1

In addition to a brief mention of Eric on Yongji & Jeongmin's guesting on Happy Together last week, here's a bit more of what was not mentioned in that Soompi's article.  I'm curious of what Hyunjin's parents (and Eric's too) had to say about the kiss scenes too but compare to the young Youngi, these 2 are grown up and it's a job :)  It's great they were professionally putting up a good performance, instead of half-assing the kiss/skinship scenes. :) 

Translation and screencaps by gossong via EricMun.tumblr

• Like 1

160905 ‘KING OF MASKED SINGER’ HEO JUNG MIN: “RECEIVED PRAISE FROM OUR ERIC HYUNG”

The article talked about Heo Jung Min’s appearance on MBC ‘King of Masked Singer’ on September 4th, performing Yoon Jong Shin’s “고속도로 Romance” (Highway Romance).

(skip irrelevant)

In addition, he (Heo Jung Mun) posted a screencap of a text message from Eric, his co-star from tvN drama Oh Hae Young Again, with the caption “Received praise from our hyung”. (note: Heo Jung Min played Eric’s brother on Oh Hae Young Again)

Screencap of Eric’s message: "For those who haven’t watched it, my dongsaeng was freaking cool!" [link to the Naver TVcast video of Heo Jung Min’s performance]

Source: Sports Chosun + Translation by Sumi13 via EricMun.tumblr

• Like 1

It's classic Eric, quiet yet supportive from behind, a true tsundree guy. :) 

Full translation of Heo Jung Min's IG post

Message from Eric Hyungnim: For those of you who haven’t seen this yet, my brother is awesome!
Heo Jeong Min: My brother said I did a good job.

tumblr_od1bzdyWAf1sllfw8o1_1280.jpg

Source: Heo Jungmin (Dokyung’s little brother in ‘Another Miss Oh’) Instagram + via Shinhwastuff tumblr

• Like 1

2016.09.03 “NO TO THE COMMON OPPAS”… BEAUTY OF THE LEADER OPPAS: MOON HEE JUN-EUN JI WON-SHINHWA ERIC MUN

They are not your typical oppas who can be seen everywhere. They are the group leaders at the same time as oppas. Leader of the idol group, the position only selected ones are capable of. The first generation of the leader oppas, Moon Hee Jun, Eun Ji Won, and Eric defy the natural aging and still maintain their youthful handsomeness.

Certainly, a leader from the start will be the leader in the end (Korean proverb). 1996 Moon Hee Jun from H.O.T., 1997 Eun Ji Won from Sechs Kies, and 1998 Eric from Shinhwa had made their debut at around the same time and they are still actively working in 2016. Their career is different to not only the other members within the group, but also to any other idols. Performing, entertainment, acting and more, they are diligently enhancing their name values at their own stages.

(Skip Moon Hee Jun & Eun Ji Won’s parts)

★ The Leader Oppa with the Actor Image – Eric

The leader of Shinhwa, Eric received the spotlight relatively later after the debut. He is the type of leader who does not show off at the front, but quietly fulfill his obligations from behind. He does not express greed over his parts in the group either.  Throughout the years, Eric as the leader has always guarded Shinhwa, a group known for facing many problems.  Eric takes on the group mediator’s role, and is currently the representative of their own company. But since 2003, Eric has changed.

Eric started his career as an actor with his real name of Mun Jung Hyuk. As if he was meant to debut an actor from the start, his debut as an actor was rather smooth. Through the drama “Phoenix”, he undeniably became an actor.  He is adding and expanding his career through various drama and movie characters. Most importantly, he is gaining the female fans’ absolute supports with his suitable acting appearance for each role. In dramas, he is highlighting  the beauty of romance through his sa-rang-ggun (person who is true love) characters.

Source: tvreport + translation by EricMun.tumblr & giveric2me 

• Like 2

lol don't know what show is this and when it was aired but here's a word play on one of Eric's/Park Dokyung's popular 4-letter line in Oh Hae Young Again, the "it's something I had"

CrqQ8TmUMAAkaO5.jpg

screencap cr: royaltybites