190510 SNSD’s Sunny IG Update: With Shinhwa Eric and #4WheeledRestaurant Cast in LA

tumblr_prbfj8WeDs1qckmvno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_prbfj8WeDs1qckmvno2_1280.jpg

When I was in LA, I had a delicious dinner and lots of ice cream with the oppas and chef-nim who worked hard!!!!! Everyone worked hard!!!! The show is so fun ~ I want to run to Mokran (t/n: chef’s Lee’s restaurant) whenever I watch it ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Fighting for the rest of the episodes!!! #4WheeledRestaurant #Mokran #ChefLeeYeonbok, #HeoKyunghwan oppa, #Eric oppa! I’m just looking around ㅋㅋㅋㅋ (John Park oppa could not join us because he met up with his family!!! Now that I watch the show, I realize see everyone was praising. All worked hard!!)

See previous photos of Eric and 4 Wheeled Restaurant cast with Sunny in LA back in March here  >> https://ericmun.tumblr.com/post/183378159274/190310-shinhwas-eric-chef-lee-yeon-bok-and-heo

Source: 515sunnyday
Translation: eric_munleader for EricMun.tumblr

190517 Made by Shinhwa’s Eric, ‘Ricdog’ Gained Much Popularity On the 5th Day of “4 Wheeled Restaurant” + Rating Peaked at 6.5%

The popularity of hotdog was seen on tvN’s ‘4 Wheeled Restaurants Season 3’ broadcasted on May 16th. The viewer rating for this episode also increased again at 5.2%, peaked at 6.5% (Nielsen). Not only achieving a new season highest rating, it also topped the all channels, including terrestrial networks, in the same broadcasting time slot.

On this day, Eric also showed how to make chickin-mu (pickled radish). He made the pickled radish by carefully checking and testing the taste of pickled radish overnight. The next morning, Heo Kyung-hwan tasted the pickled radish and commented that “It is delicious”. Eric showed his tired look as he kept watch of the pickled radish all night.

They were told about their scores for day 4. The taste rating got 4.91 points (out of 5) and the service rating got 5 points.

For this day, Eric prepared a Korean style hotdog as a new menu for US, the hometown of hotdog. After failing the batter in the first trial, Eric said “We have to do test and try everything first. I need to try two more times.”  And he succeeded making batter in the second trial.

Bok-Food went to Six Flags amusement park, which was the sale location for day 5. People showed interest even before truck’s opening. Two Jjajangmyeon and 2 chicken orders came in as soon as they opened.

A kid who ate the hotdog made by Eric said he loves the hotdog and he would definitely buy it again if he comes back here. Eric, who wasn’t too busy before, became puzzled with the numbers of orders he continually received for hotdog.

When John Park boost up the morale by saying “Today’s sale is good,” Eric said “Let’s sell them all” and Heo Kyung-hwan said “Hotdog is selling well.”

Lee Yeon-bok was surprised when he saw the customers eating Jjajangmyeon well. He said “They are eating Jjajangmyeon better than I thought.” Heo Kyung-hwan said “They do not find Jjajangmyeon unfamiliar”.

As customers did not put sugar on top of the hotdog, Eric started to dust the hotdogs with sugar himself. After that, he got a flurry of orders for hotdog. (t/n: Korean style hotdog is coated with sugar after deep-fried)

When Lee Yeon-bok said “Queue will go down soon” and he started making Jjajang to catch up with the backlog orders, Heo Kyung-hwan looked after the wok from being burnt and Eric helped with the setting up for Jjajangmeyon. They showed great collaborative teamwork.

John Park commented that “Hotdog is really a hit. It would had been a disaster if we didn’t have hotdog.” Meanwhile, the sale was doing well that they even had a queue.

Source: Herald & TV Report
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

190517 Shinhwa’s Eric of ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant’, ‘Ricdog’ Born by ‘E-cipe’ → US Locals ♥

Eric of Shinhwa gave birth to ‘Ricdog’ from ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant 3’.

On ‘4 Wheel Restaurants Season 3’, a tvN variety show aired on May 16th, Eric gained attention as he performed greatly as the one in charge of the new hotdog menu while Bok’s Food Truck started its lunch sale at ‘Six Flags’ amusement park in LA.

The night before the food truck opening, Eric set out to prepare the ingredients needed to sell Korean hotdog, a new menu, by himself. He gained attention as he gave birth to ‘Ricdog’ with his own E-cipe. Not only washed the sausage and removed the salty taste by boiling it in water, Eric also made a perfect batter after some trials and errors.

Started the food truck sale in earnest the next day, Eric demonstrated craftsmanship for his own hotdog, ‘Ricdog’. He also made people laugh as he showed his desire for hotdog orders from the customers.

At the beginning, hotdog did not get any order as it was pushed over by orders for Jjajangmyeon and spicy Yangnyeom Chicken, but then hotdog orders began coming in continuously without rest starting from its first order. Eric was puzzled by the influx of orders but he transformed to ‘Hotdog Master’ after managing all the orders perfectly.

Especially Chef Lee Yeon-bok who saw ‘Ricdog’, once again acknowledged Eric’s cooking skill by praising him that ‘It was even more delicious as the batter was fermented.’ Amid the praise from Chef Lee Yeon-bok, Eric, who successfully transformed to E-chef, also recorded the highest sales among the menu that were prepared on the day and received praises from the locals.

Eric, who performs greatly in many areas as Chef Lee Yeon-bok’s disciple in ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant 3′ as he made ‘Ricdog’ with E-cipe and also receiving nicknames as ‘Onion-Ric’ and ‘Mandu-Ric’ in previous episodes, viewers are anticipating what new skills Eric will show in the upcoming episodes.

Meanwhile, ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant 3’ is broadcast every Thursday night at 11:00 pm.

Source: OSEN

190517 Shinhwa’s Eric of ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant’, ‘Ricdog’ Born by ‘E-cipe’ → US Locals ♥

Eric of Shinhwa gave birth to ‘Ricdog’ from ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant 3’.

On ‘4 Wheel Restaurants Season 3’, a tvN variety show aired on May 16th, Eric gained attention as he performed greatly as the one in charge of the new hotdog menu while Bok’s Food Truck started its lunch sale at ‘Six Flags’ amusement park in LA.

The night before the food truck opening, Eric set out to prepare the ingredients needed to sell Korean hotdog, a new menu, by himself. He gained attention as he gave birth to ‘Ricdog’ with his own E-cipe. Not only washed the sausage and removed the salty taste by boiling it in water, Eric also made a perfect batter after some trials and errors.

Started the food truck sale in earnest the next day, Eric demonstrated craftsmanship for his own hotdog, ‘Ricdog’. He also made people laugh as he showed his desire for hotdog orders from the customers.

At the beginning, hotdog did not get any order as it was pushed over by orders for Jjajangmyeon and spicy Yangnyeom Chicken, but then hotdog orders began coming in continuously without rest starting from its first order. Eric was puzzled by the influx of orders but he transformed to ‘Hotdog Master’ after managing all the orders perfectly.

Especially Chef Lee Yeon-bok who saw ‘Ricdog’, once again acknowledged Eric’s cooking skill by praising him that ‘It was even more delicious as the batter was fermented.’ Amid the praise from Chef Lee Yeon-bok, Eric, who successfully transformed to E-chef, also recorded the highest sales among the menu that were prepared on the day and received praises from the locals.

Eric, who performs greatly in many areas as Chef Lee Yeon-bok’s disciple in ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant 3′ as he made ‘Ricdog’ with E-cipe and also receiving nicknames as ‘Onion-Ric’ and ‘Mandu-Ric’ in previous episodes, viewers are anticipating what new skills Eric will show in the upcoming episodes.

Meanwhile, ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant 3’ is broadcast every Thursday night at 11:00 pm.

Source: OSEN

Although she wasn't in the photo, so nice knowing Hyemi was also with Eric :wub:

190519 Shinhwa’s Eric Spotted at UNIQLO in GunDae

If  my boyfriend didn’t ask Eric to take photo because I’m a long time fan of Shinhwa, I would not be able to take a photo with him… I was absolutely frozen. I did not even open my eyes, so nervous :sweat_smile:  He bent his knees to meet my height.
#sosweet :star:
A day thankful to my boyfriend, Eric and his wife who came to Gundae (Gunkuk University) for shopping :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

By meeting Eric, I feel better I couldn’t see Andy oppa at Daedo restaurant :bawling:

#successful fan #from elementary school #SHCJ #Mun Jung Hyuk #handshake #soft hand #Eric oppa #so happy #faint #tension headache #severe #It’s Okay, That’s Love #so handsome #Shinchang #jackpot day #go crazy #it feels like a dream still #the happiest #still nervous #Shinhwa Eric

Source: j_g8228

190522 Trip Down the Memory Lane to Shinhwa Elementary School

2nd Grade Class 16, I am Mun Jung-hyuk :heart:

tumblr_prxgzaS1641qckmvno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_prxgzaS1641qckmvno2_1280.jpgtumblr_prxgzaS1641qckmvno3_1280.jpg

7th Grade Class 28, I am Lee Min-woo :heart:

tumblr_prxgzaS1641qckmvno6_r1_1280.jpg

11th Grade Class 27, I am Jung Pil-kyo :heart:

tumblr_prxgzaS1641qckmvno8_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_prxgzaS1641qckmvno7_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_prxgzaS1641qckmvno9_r1_1280.jpg

1st Grade Class 21, I am Lee Sunho :heart:

tumblr_prxgzaS1641qckmvno4_1280.jpg

tumblr_prxgzaS1641qckmvno5_1280.jpg

#snapchat #BabyFilter

Note: Grade is members’ birth month and Class is the birth date

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4,

More of Eric, YAAAASSS!!!!  
Will see how it turns out but the concept sounds pretty interesting.

190522 Shinhwa’s Eric and Andy Head To Spain For New MBC Entertainment Show “The Barber of Seville“

Shinhwa’s Eric and Andy are going to Spain for a variety show project.

Created under the motif of French play, The Barber of Seville, it will depict the story of a 53-year-old artisan barber working together with top Korean hairdresser and celebrity crew.

Posed to be part of the crew, Shinhwa’s Eric and Andy will showcase their variety show skills and impromptu charms.

Based on Pierre Beaumarchais’s French comedy Le Barbier de Séville in 1775, the modern tweak and Korean entertainment color are expected to present an interesting program.

Moreover, the fusion of vibrant stories in the backdrop of East Asian culture and Spanish beauty salon will also be highlighted.

A multi-talented performer, Eric has been highly successful in TV series and variety shows. Immense raves were received by him from dramas such as Another Oh Hae Young and Discovery of Love. Aside from that, his stints in Three Meals A Day franchise have garnered much interest from viewers. His cooking prowess has earned him the nickname of “E-Chef”.

Likewise, Andy has been streaking performances in various entertainment programs such as Law of the Jungle, Shinhwa Broadcast and Grandma’s Restaurant in Samcheong-dong.

Eric and Andy are leader and maknae of first generation K-Pop idol group SHINHWA, launched by SM Entertainment in 1998. In 2011, the group founded Shinhwa Company to manage the group’s activity. Sharing co-CEO status are Eric and Lee Min Woo, with members Jun Jin, Andy, Dongwan and Hyesung as shareholders.

Meanwhile, MBC’s The Barber of Seville is scheduled to be broadcast in July after its scheduled filming in Spain.

Source: Hello Kpop

I really thought it's for  drama casting :P

190523 Actress Lee Min Jung to appear on her first fixed variety show with Shinhwa's Eric and Andy

leejpg.jpg

Actress Lee Min Jung will be appearing on her first fixed variety show since debut - MBC's 'The Hairdresser of Seville'!

In the upcoming variety program, two of the top hairdressers of South Korea including a veteran hairdresser of 53-years as well as a renowned, top fashion hair designer will be traveling to an unfamiliar hair salon in Spain, for a whirlwind of intercultural experiences. 

The two hairdressers will be accompanied by a team of celebrity aids including Shinhwa's Eric, Andy, as well as actress Lee Min Jung. 

The program is expected to begin filming soon, aiming to air some time this July. 

Source: alkpop

When I saw Eric & Shinhwa did the Snapchat Baby Filter App, I had a feeling Hyemi will try it.

Sis didn't disappoint at all :lol:

So cute!

60161850_435197803932151_267563419484311

59627356_138933913835232_406376416221681

59802934_204191967212580_771179173374266

How Mun juniors will be like :) 

D7P3XsvXoAAWMep.jpg  tumblr_prxgzaS1641qckmvno1_1280.jpg&key=d770eba4249af39041dc776fffa32f69d65b5da38bc6e84dd5086128273d57be

Eric and Andy Flied off to Seville for the Barber of Seville" Show

190528 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Update:

#MatMak (eldest & youngest) will be back safely

# Eric #ERIC # Andy #ANDY # Myth #SHINHWA # MBCEvery1 #The Barber of Seville #Our Name_We are responsible for_ Shinhwa

Newsen's video is much better than their news pics :o

News pics, especially Newsen are really such bad quality.  They used the weird expressions pics lol

Though, Eric looks so tan. I wonder what he did before leaving for Spain

D7qKMVUWkAMAae1.jpg

D7qK64ZXsAANREg.jpg

D7qI-7zWkAAVieE.jpg

D7qI-72WsAE56of.jpg

D7qYkaQXsAUbpjH.jpg

May be he was playing in the sun in Ilsan that weekend before flying to Spain :)

190525 Shinhwa’s Eric and Hyemi Spotted with Family/Friends in Ilsan

tumblr_ps3z6rX8uE1qckmvno2_1280.jpg

Eric appeared during dinner at a braised pollock restaurant in Ilsanㅋㅋ
#Gaesungjip (restaurant’s name?) #braised pollock #so spicy
#Eric’s appearance #Mun Jung Hyuk’s appearance
#Shinhwa #very handsome #super handsome sculptured face
#Na Hyemi #12-year junior
#I’m not envy #I’m not envy #I’m not envy #I’m not envy

17 hours ago, Phi said:

May be he was playing in the sun in Ilsan that weekend before flying to Spain :)

190525 Shinhwa’s Eric and Hyemi Spotted with Family/Friends in Ilsan

Eric appeared during dinner at a braised pollock restaurant in Ilsanㅋㅋ
#Gaesungjip (restaurant’s name?) #braised pollock #so spicy
#Eric’s appearance #Mun Jung Hyuk’s appearance
#Shinhwa #very handsome #super handsome sculptured face
#Na Hyemi #12-year junior
#I’m not envy #I’m not envy #I’m not envy #I’m not envy

Hi Phi, thanks for sharing the picture. So NICE to see the couple again. :P

_________________________________________________________________________________

7 K-Drama Male Leads Who Know How To Say They’re Sorry

When you’ve been watching K-dramas for a while, there are certain characteristics you come to expect from your male lead.

Obviously, he has to be hot; that’s the law. It’s also pretty likely he will be rich. If he’s not rich, he’s probably talented at something — we’re talking genius level talent here. And if he’s hot, rich and/or talented, he’s almost certainly going to be full of himself!

In a world full of smarmy, charming flower boys who get away with murder, sometimes we just long for a man who can own his wrongdoings and humbly apologize for them. Y’know, an actual adult who can learn from his mistakes and sincerely change his ways.

These unicorns do exist in Dramaland! You just have to know where to look for them. Here’s our pick of the ones who make us swoon when they say that magic word: “sorry.”

Warning: spoilers ahead!

7. Park Do Kyung – “Oh Hae Young Again

This is one male lead who learns how to truly apologize the hard way. Do Kyung (Eric) starts off as classically cold and aloof. He’s a perfectionist at work who spends his downtime listening to the grass grow as he remembers his lost love. It’s a shock to his system when he meets Hae Young (Seo Hyun Jin), a woman with no filter who wears her heart on her sleeve.

eric-oh-hae-young-again.gif

In classic cold male lead fashion, Do Kyung spends a lot of time denying his attraction to Hae Young. Even once he knows it, he still wavers back and forth out of fear and confusion. He does apologize for it again and again, but the words feel hollow. Do Kyung knows how to say the word “sorry,” but he doesn’t know how to make himself vulnerable. It’s no wonder Hae Young is always afraid his mind will change. It’s only when Do Kyung starts putting his heart on the line and fighting to keep his love that his words start to feel real, and it takes a hospital visit to get him there.

eric-oh-hae-young-again.jpg

Check out the first episode of “Oh Hae Young Again”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Will be back to update more but for now, this news!!!!!

Shinhwa’s Eric And Jung Yu Mi In Talks For 2nd Season Of “Que Sera Sera”

ea74608b6d524d95b3d371e614198f19.jpeg?s=

Eric and Jung Yu Mi may be reuniting in a new drama!

On June 7, a source from the drama industry stated to news outlet Ilgan Sports that Jung Yu Mi and Eric are confirmed to star in a new season of “Que Sera Sera.”

In response, production company JS Pictures revealed that the second season of “Que Sera Sera” is confirmed, and Eric and Jung Yu Mi are in talks to star in the new season.

“Que Sera Sera” is a drama that aired on MBC in 2007. The drama tells the complicated love story of four people who work in the fashion industry. Kim Yoon Chul of “My Name is Kim Sam Soon” directed the drama, and writer Do Hyun Jung of “Children of Nobody” wrote the script.

This would be Jung Yu Mi and Eric’s third drama together, following the first season of “Que Sera Sera” in 2007 and “Discovery of Love” in 2014.

The second season of “Que Sera Sera” is reportedly set to begin filming in the second half of this year.

Check out Eric and Jung Yu Mi in the first season of “Que Sera Sera” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) (2) Via Soompi

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2019 at 1:31 AM, willenette said:

Hi Phi, thanks for sharing the picture. So NICE to see the couple again. :P

_________________________________________________________________________________

7 K-Drama Male Leads Who Know How To Say They’re Sorry

When you’ve been watching K-dramas for a while, there are certain characteristics you come to expect from your male lead.

Obviously, he has to be hot; that’s the law. It’s also pretty likely he will be rich. If he’s not rich, he’s probably talented at something — we’re talking genius level talent here. And if he’s hot, rich and/or talented, he’s almost certainly going to be full of himself!

Warning: spoilers ahead!

7. Park Do Kyung – “Oh Hae Young Again

credit : soompi news

Thanks for sharing.  hahaha yes I agree that Park Dokyung was quite frustrated at time to let his feeling known. At first he's afraid to fall in love again after being stood up at the altar.  Then there's the guilt for mistakenly wrecked her wedding.  As frustrated as a viewer, I understand his struggle fighting that battle to finally overcome his fear, let himself be vulnerable is when he truly came to peace with his love for her.

And news is out that Eric is coming back with Jung Yumi for Que Sera Sera #2 or a remake of that...  Still not confirmed yet but both are positively consider and so little details on the drama, whether it's a remake or a sequel or a whole brand new drama that has no relation to the 1st one like most K-drama sequel are...  Any way, I'm happy Eric is back to drama land :)

On 8 June 2019 at 10:32 AM, Phi said:

Thanks for sharing.  hahaha yes I agree that Park Dokyung was quite frustrated at time to let his feeling known. At first he's afraid to fall in love again after being stood up at the altar.  Then there's the guilt for mistakenly wrecked her wedding.  As frustrated as a viewer, I understand his struggle fighting that battle to finally overcome his fear, let himself be vulnerable is when he truly came to peace with his love for her.

And news is out that Eric is coming back with Jung Yumi for Que Sera Sera #2 or a remake of that...  Still not confirmed yet but both are positively consider and so little details on the drama, whether it's a remake or a sequel or a whole brand new drama that has no relation to the 1st one like most K-drama sequel are...  Any way, I'm happy Eric is back to drama land :)

Hi Phi, thanks for sharing this good news. I'm not really into remakes,sequels or part 2 but no choice if Eric is coming back on the small screen. For me, nothing could surpass the original. But,  it's been quite a long while for me. I hope we could get to hear MORE news about this. :P

• Like 1

190528 Shinhwa’s Eric Official Update:

#MatMak (eldest & youngest) will be back safely

# Eric #ERIC # Andy #ANDY # Myth #SHINHWA # MBCEvery1 #The Barber of Seville #Our Name_We are responsible for_ Shinhwa (t/n: this was also Shinhwa independence day when they won over the Shinhwa's name)

61161833_145252329962360_625076950357435

5 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi Phi, thanks for sharing this good news. I'm not really into remakes,sequels or part 2 but no choice if Eric is coming back on the small screen. For me, nothing could surpass the original. But,  it's been quite a long while for me. I hope we could get to hear MORE news about this. :P

I often don't like remake since we often judge the remake to the original and it also spoils the remakes since we already know the plot and what comes next (if they stick to the originals 100%).  As for sequels, I don't mind at all especially with western series.  K-drama sequels tend to be unrelated to the original and often don't have the same original cast.  So k-drama sequels is kinda weird for me cuz it doesn't give that continuity of the original....

Back to QSS 2.0,  I hope they confirm and will wait for more details coming out.  It's interesting QSS original PD and the writer are also onboard for this project.  :) 

• Love 1

190524 [Top Media] RECAP + Q&A #4WheeledRestaurant EP.06: Welcome to Ricdog World

Hello, it’s your content manger!

‘4 Wheeled Restaurants 3’ episode 6 yesterday
Did everyone watch it live?

If you haven’t watched it,
let’s review it once again with me!

LET’S GO!!!

Eric shouted with confidence and positive affirmation!
But a break time was announced due to explosive number of orders!

Which new menu they would be able to maintain the popularity this time?
(drum roll)

That is the evolved of K-hot dog,
Cheese Dog!

Yes right. The shape of cheese dog is □!

Hot dog orders overloaded within 20 minutes after the re-opening

At the end

Hot dog STOP!

Eric fallen into the swamp of hot dog

The thought that comes out every time Ricdog was busy:
I am hot dog myself

At the hectic moment
Buffer-Ric appeared again

Yes that’s right everyone
And another NEW nickname was born.
E-Rabbit!!

image image

Your content manager feels proud
Orange princesses also feel proud
We will also eat hot dog fried by dandy guy Ricdog!!!!!!!

Just like that, day 5 of Bok’s Food
is closed!

Ricdog also ended!

Such COOL figure without any makeup
Very good, admire you

It seems that he was making hot dogs even in his dream..
sobs sobs

A day passed by just like that!

Day 6 features Stir-fried Jjamppong X Fried Rice X Menbosha (fried shrimp sandwich)
for Bok’s Food in Smorgasburg

image image

Eric returns to be in charge of noodle,
and perfect chemistry with Lee Min-woo
All of us will be able to see it next week!

Already seems fun.. I must watch it..
Let’s watch it live together with me!

What comes next now? You should by know now.

Yes that’s right. It is time for Ricpisode Q&A!

As expected, professionalism is dominant in Eric
we all know about it

tumblr_inline_pse64jf4s51qcufwd_1280.png

E-Rabbit finally beats Onion-Ric!

Not everyone can become hot dog Master!
Only possible with Ricdog

tumblr_inline_pse6tdurEz1qcufwd_1280.png

This proves that
Eric is God of hot dog and God of Sales

ㅠㅠ he must had been very busy,,
I felt distressed every time orders were piled up

This is the attractive charms of Eric: determination and honesty!

tumblr_inline_pse71qOKg51qcufwd_1280.png

Eric felt into Menbosha!
Like I said before
It’s impossible not to fell into temptation of ya-shik (midnight snack)

Eric’s answer gave a glimpse of chemistry between them already!

[#Ric-pisode] ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant 3 - USA’
#Ric-pisode_EP6_@ericofficial__  All of Q&A check

https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17846775352452438/

I look forward to the chemistry between the two next week.
Now it is almost the end of post!
Now I’ll end here.
Bye, see you again next week!

Source: Top Media

The rest of Q&A that were not included in the recap

tumblr_inline_pse7hz7grf1qcufwd_1280.pngtumblr_inline_pse7mtypue1qcufwd_1280.pngtumblr_inline_pse7fpqxvs1qcufwd_1280.png

tumblr_inline_pse7pnTpBj1qcufwd_1280.png

tumblr_inline_pse7u73b7z1qcufwd_1280.png

Source: Top Media

190531 ‘4 Wheeled Restaurant 3’ Good Sales Brought a Successful End in LA → Onto San Francisco… Shinhwa’s Lee Min-woo Joined the Squad

tumblr_inline_psg7w11ZdG1qcufwd_1280.png

‘4 Wheeled Restaurant 3’, with the 6th day of business came to the end for LA, Bok’s Food was taking its next journey to San Francisco as its next destination after bringing a successful end in LA.  

On the episode of tvN ‘4 Wheeled Restaurants - Season 3’ broadcasted on May 30th, Bokvengers (Lee Yeon-bok, Eric, Heo Kyung-hwan, John Park) had their last sale in LA at ‘Smorgasburg’, a large-scale outdoor food truck market.

Fried rice, stir-fried Jjamppong, Menbosha, and even Sikhye got praises by the constant stream of customers to Bok’s Food. One customer was seen panicking as he did not know there was beef with fried Jjamppong. Noticing that, Lee Yeon-bok said he would make a new one, and soon he completed the fried Jjamppong with just seafood.

At that time, Heo Kyung-hwan said “It seems customers are comparing our food with others as there are many other food trucks around.”  Lee Yeon-bok expressed impatience despite the many orders from customers. The reason was the ‘Food Quest’, a project to double the donation. Today’s Food Quest was to “Exceed Average Sale in Smorgasburg”. With the average daily visit of 10,000 customers, the average daily sale of over 60 food trucks is about USD $2,000. When Lee Yeon-bok asked the members, “Can we exceed USD $2,000? I feel like giving up (as the target is too high)”, Eric showed confidence by saying “Yes, I think we can exceed.

When the orders for fried Jjamppong were far more than fried rice and Menbosha, Lee Yeon-bok substituted Jajang wok with Jjamppong wok and completed 6 orders at one time. Heo Kyung-hwan was surprised and said, “This is a funny country. It is something unfamiliar to them but all of them like Jjamppong.”  Lee Yeon-bok also amused by saying, “Even Jjamppong is running well in US. It is really enjoyable.

With a diverse multi cultures, the US was generous in accepting unfamiliar food. American customers caught the attention of viewers as they happily took challenge to taste not only Jjamppong, fried rice, and Menbosha but also bought Sikhye (traditional sweet Korean rice beverage) to enjoy with Bok’s Food menu.

At 2PM, the peak time of Smorgasburg was approaching. There was a sea of people not only at Bok’s Food but all around Smorgasburg. Lee Yeon-bok tried to raise sales by cooking everything at once after receiving several orders. Bok’s Food showed the amazing speed by making 10 Jjamppong, 9 fried rice in 15 minutes under the lead of Captain Lee Yeon-bok.  Soon, Sikhye was sold out as most customers decided to buy it after having a taste test from John Park.  They commented, “It is fresh and delicious, not too sweet as well.”

tumblr_inline_psg82iXlKZ1qcufwd_1280.png

With 1 hour and 30 minutes left to ending time at 4PM, Bok’s Food sold 30 Menbosha, 24 fried rice, 29 fried Jjamppong, 39 cups of Sikhye and recorded USD $1,162 in total. They had to raise USD $838 more by the ending time. They were able to use up almost all ingredients at the end as they handled many orders without having time to eat properly.  At the end of day, the owner of Churros food truck came over and ordered fried rice.

At 4PM, the 4 people showed confidence in succeeding the mission as they ended the sales. The production team disclosed that the total revenue was USD $2,017. Lee Yeon-bok, who joyfully stood up doing high five, was surprised by saying “This is an amazing sale even in Korea.

The next destination for Bok’s Food was San Francisco. The menu was Kkakdugi fried rice, cream prawn, Mapo tofu rice, and Misu (Korean traditional drink made of roasted multi-grain powder). When the team reached the accommodation, Lee Min-woo of Shinhwa, who was a cast member in season 1, already arrived to join San Francisco. He served Somtam (Thai green papaya salad), a popular dish in season 1 to all the members. Lee Yeon-bok, who saw Lee Min-woo clearing up dishes after cooking, showed his satisfaction by saying, “I like him.

Lee Min-woo’s mind took a new turn as he saw the pleasant working environment of Bok’s food truck that was larger and more spacious than the one in the past and uniform being provided. With Heo Kyung-hwan and John Park in charge of taking orders and serving, Lee Yeon-bok, Eric and Lee Min-woo in charge of cooking in the kitchen, the first sale in San Francisco began in earnest.

Source: ISplus