Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest m1ckyy_yoochun

lol..yea i didn't know how to put it in any other way^^

and yes i did hear about that screaming for hours and hours and day after day until you bleed from your throat..but...umm...that's too... :crazy::sweatingbullets: ..hehe..but thanks<3 ^O^

Guest geneyoonit

lol..yea i didn't know how to put it in any other way^^

and yes i did hear about that screaming for hours and hours and day after day until you bleed from your throat..but...umm...that's too... :crazy::sweatingbullets: ..hehe..but thanks<3 ^O^

LOOL... ya.. i heard it actually works..but i wouldnt recommend it... >.<

just go w/ training how u can use ur diaphram...

some people just have thinner/weaker voices naturally too... (usually u could then sing higher naturally as well)... so, use ur natural gifts and share some of ur songs on soompi :)

Guest geneyoonit

well.. first thing first.. u gotta hav a good posture

standing, straight up, (not slouching) will do the trick... if u dont kno if ur slouching or not, try putting ur hands on ur hips.. this would open ur rib cage and help open all ur passages :)

next... u gotta learn how to breath right... when u breath in, dont breath noisly.. cuz then u kno ur breathing wrong... all that noise is just excess breathing... wasting ur energy... try to breath with both your nose AND ur mouth, which would be the most silent AND most efficient

when u breath in, the air should go ALL the way down to the bottom of ur lungs... dont just do a superficial breath, where u just gasp for air...

and finally, when u sing a note, make sure ur stomache moves.. and that's ur diafram that's moving as u sing...

i really cant explain it well, cuz i was only taught for 2 months.. there are alot more educated people on this forum.. hopefully they can help :)

Guest m1ckyy_yoochun

no i heard you..the vibe song....that girl that boy..or the other way around..lol. you're really good...^O^

Guest Original Doll

I've been working on my first album (pretty Pop!), and now I can almost say that all the songs are ready and nth but recording them remains.

A simple mic can't do the thing cause it changes my voice so much that I don't even recognize it sometimes!

Is there any good software to fix this? I really need it cause I'm seriously thinking of starting making demos!

Thanks in advance :)

Guest yongwonhi

*sigh* I've read this entire thread XD

Beginner here. So... when I sing, it kind of sounds like I'm ... I don't know, breath-y. :crazy: I think it's because I'm not using my full voice, but I don't know how to tell. = =;; Probably also because I'm breathing out wrong, but I don't know how to tell either. >_> Because of it, my voice is inconsistent... gah hard to explain...

Also, it seems like I'm missing an octave. o_O; Whenever I sing a scale, I go from low/medium to medium... then it jumps up. When I sing only one octave with a piano, I somehow end up on a note two octaves higher. For example, if I start on middle C, I'll end up on the C two octaves higher. That's not normal, is it? I dunno what I'm doing >_<

Maybe I'll record one day and show you guys what I mean >_>

Guest dark intuitions

^omitchi

I'm confused about what you mean, but as a really wild guess, since you say you don't know how to tell if you're using full voice or not, is it possible that the transition from chest voice to head is throwing you off? That could be why you sound two octaves higher......because head voice does sound higher than when you sing the same note in chest voice.

That's just my wild guess though...-___-" blame the maths homework if I sound like an idiot.

oh and Original Doll...maybe you should do what omitchi did and read the whole thread ^^ There's plenty about programs in here..it gets asked around every two pages.

Guest Original Doll

oh and Original Doll...maybe you should do what omitchi did and read the whole thread ^^ There's plenty about programs in here..it gets asked around every two pages.

wow, 26 pages! :crazy:

omg, am I gonna survive? :wacko::lol:

Guest SUPERSTAR

how do you sing with your stomach? cuz i use my throat and i know that's bad, it hurts my throat badly for a while. can you feel yourself singing with your stomach?

Guest sikkony

how do you sing with your stomach? cuz i use my throat and i know that's bad, it hurts my throat badly for a while. can you feel yourself singing with your stomach?

That's not going to stop you singing from hurting your throat. The voice comes from your throat anyways.

Actually, can someone define to me, what does singing from throat really means? I'm confused.

^ *shrugs* I think it's just because people keep saying "sing from your stomach" blah de blah...

First of all, it's impossible to sing with your stomach. The closest to singing it'll ever get is if you're hungry and it starts rumbling.

I think what people mean when they say to sing from your stomach is breathing properly. So you get support from your diaphragm, that muscle near your stomach? I have no idea what I'm saying =x

Guest raspberylotion22

i have a VERY weak falsetto.

it's better if the notes are high, then my falsetto sounds loud enough and kinda "controlled." but if it's like mid-ranged falsetto, then it sounds like i'm whispering.

i tried to force more air through my falsettos, i took deep breaths, constricted my abs, and everything to try to make them sound more "supported" and louder. but still, everytime it feels like i'm singing purely through my throat and that there's no support at all. they just sound so WEAK. usually i can feel a slight vibration on my chest when i sing, but that's not the case when i use my head voice. plus when i try to make my falsettos louder and more powerful, they either crack or i lose control and i go off key. wtf?! i HATE it. >[

for those of you who heard F.I.R. songs, that's basically how i want to sound - able to leap from chest voice to head voice w/o that much of a sound difference; and a strong falsetto (both mid-ranged and high-ranged).

it's so hard T_T i can never perfect my falsettos. oy...can someone give some advice? much appreciated.

Guest Hitorijime

^raspberrylotion22, what I did to power up my falsetto was sing songs entirely in falsetto. I did that for about a few months and my falsetto is stronger than it was before. But try to sing songs that have a large range, so you have practice for all the areas.

Guest raspberylotion22

^raspberrylotion22, what I did to power up my falsetto was sing songs entirely in falsetto. I did that for about a few months and my falsetto is stronger than it was before. But try to sing songs that have a large range, so you have practice for all the areas.

ohh okay thanks for the advice. =]

it'll take a few months huh? man...

haha i know these things don't come fast. it took me about a year to increase my vocal range by one friggin note

Guest geneyoonit

haha u guys are girls rite?? i think i heard raspbery's songs.. and i thought it was pretty good! >.<

but yea... false setto takes alot of time training too... very difficult stuff

but i thought girl's dont have false setto.. just a head voice.. maybe u guys were talking about head voice?? hehe...

Guest raspberylotion22

haha u guys are girls rite?? i think i heard raspbery's songs.. and i thought it was pretty good! >.<

but yea... false setto takes alot of time training too... very difficult stuff

but i thought girl's dont have false setto.. just a head voice.. maybe u guys were talking about head voice?? hehe...

yes. head voice. ha...ha....ha.... :unsure::sweatingbullets: