Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest geneyoonit

^ LOL!

ya, mics dont give pitch problems :/... although it COULD be a dopler effect... (as in ur singing along to a song on ur computer when ur speakers are like... 10 ft away from u) but i HIGHLY doubt that's happening :/

but ya~ share ur song w/ us :)

Guest havoc11

www.google.com search for "goldwave tutorial" :crazy:

cant find the answer to

can i just play instrumental song on itunes or windows media player and record myself with my mic and the recording should have the song in it?

Guest Raix

You can't play the instrumental as you record so what I used to do was sing with the song playing in another media player (so the timing was okay, use headphones) and then mix it in.

To mix it, you click on the clip, press ctrl+a then ctrl+c, then open up the instrumental and press ctrl+m.

You'll need to play around with the up and down arrows to get the timing right and use the green play button on the mixing window a lot, its very useful.

Guest vivosergirl

Wow, there are some great performers in this forum! I'm a student of choral music, but I love singing K-pop too. I want to be critiqued by other people.

Unfortunately, I don't have a mic. And I'm completely powerless in anything concerning computers and electronics. I've never recorded myself on computer before. So I need help from people who have experience in these areas.

1) recommend a cheap (as in under or around $30) microphone that'll be easy to connect to my computer

2) an easy-to-use recording software

3) a program that'll allow me to blend my recording with a MIDI file

So if anyone has a good program or equipment that they use, please recommend some for me!

where can u buy ADOBE AUDITION? i went to best buy and asked if they had it but they said no. T__T

or is there another program i can use cuz my adobe audition thing is expired and i just found out i costs like $360 for the WHOLE PACK!! and $129 for just the program. its so expensive! dang

so anyone have anything i can get for cheaper or for free (download)?

Guest tsububu

where can u buy ADOBE AUDITION? i went to best buy and asked if they had it but they said no. T__T

or is there another program i can use cuz my adobe audition thing is expired and i just found out i costs like $360 for the WHOLE PACK!! and $129 for just the program. its so expensive! dang

so anyone have anything i can get for cheaper or for free (download)?

I would probably not buy recording software as yet, if you are after basic things - There is a program called Audacity and it is free.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/latest/aud...-win-1.2.4b.exe

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s...l&item=lame-mp3 mp3 encoder

Guest kitana

I suck at singing. I tend to sing toward the deep end with only one tone. I need to learn to make different pitches and tones in my voice without stressing when I should go up or down. Everytime I try to make my tone go up I end up sounding like I'm making my voice louder. :(

Can someone give me tips?

Also is there a program where I can amke my own instrumentals/background music? I know people who make r & b and rap music use a certain program but what is it called?

Guest ulynn

how do u save files as mp3 in goldwave?

cause it always says [no codec is available to encode or decode the audio format]

=X

Guest Uknojack216

Maybe people are just tryin to be nice :sweatingbullets: [jokes]

Its hard to tell - doubtful that the mic will cause pitch problems. Maybe your just trying too hard.

Give it an upload and we can judge it for you - =D

but i think its just my voice.... u know im only twelve.... :lol:

well ill keep practicing but it really sounds bad on recording trust me

i guess itll clear up with a better mic and in years

well my voice just sounds too young.... i think its my voice too high still

Guest vivosergirl

http://www.cs.uml.edu/~pkrolak/lab10/GoldwaveTutorial.html

nt sure if its been posted.

but its quite easy to understand =D

Oooh, thank you!

But I still need to know what kind of microphone I want to buy. I'm on a tight budget so I can't buy anything ridiculously expensive... But I'd really appreciate it if you recommended a mic that you're using. I'm really bad with technology :( I need tips and recommendations.

Guest EvaxTvxQ

hii...um can someone tell me how to sing with your head voice? and how come when i sing with my chest...my throat kinda hurts...T-T

Guest appledapple

I suck at singing. I tend to sing toward the deep end with only one tone. I need to learn to make different pitches and tones in my voice without stressing when I should go up or down. Everytime I try to make my tone go up I end up sounding like I'm making my voice louder. :(

Can someone give me tips?

Also is there a program where I can amke my own instrumentals/background music? I know people who make r & b and rap music use a certain program but what is it called?

It sounds like you're not opening your throat (like yawning kinda)....I'm no singing coach but I know you're not supposed to get louder as you move up in pitch blah blah lol But I'm sure there's an expert around here to help you...Get some books/tapes on singing if you can't afford a teacher and try the exercises in them too though...

RE: making instrumentals, you can use cooledit/adobe audition for that, you just have to get loops :) Or get something like Fruity Loops or the really ghetto kiddie version from Sony called Jam Trax (but it's really easy to use and the loops it comes with are ok)....

I tried :blush:

Guest Raix

hii...um can someone tell me how to sing with your head voice? and how come when i sing with my chest...my throat kinda hurts...T-T

You just feel lighter when you use head voice. Don't force the notes to be loud.

Guest sikkony

Headvoice is sang using the same technique as falsetto, only it sounds more fuller in sound. It feels like falsetto too, but you can hear the difference in resonance (the pingy sound) inside your head. I say, to sing in headvoice, just go listen to fantasiimaker and onigirikun's last rendition of the song they sang (I forgot) and listen to fantasiimaker's top notes in that song. Those were done in headvoice. Now imitate that, but swelling that sound from falsetto. In order words, try to sing in falsetto, but try to adduct your cord so that the sound isn't breathy and whispery like tssssssssss but to a fuller brighter sound. If your throat feels dry + strains/constricts, then you are doing something wrong, because headvoice, should be easy. It might take a while but after you continue to train, you find that when you goto do falsetto you will automatically jump into headvoice immediately. Don't be scared, this is a good thing, because your muscles in your throat are strong enough to adduct even without you wanting so, so that's a good thing! This will attain you pure headvoice. Nan also sings on headvoice on her top notes too. Sou sings on a light mix. There's the difference.

Another thing is, headvoice and falsetto are defined differently from every singer. Some singers define headvoice as falsetto too, and headvoice itself being a "light mix", while some call light mix as light mix, and headvoice headvoice, while falsetto is falsetto lol. Probably making it more confusing as it is. If you don't get what I just said ignore it anyways XD.

Guest Hyesunglove

okay i need desperate help lol

when i sing by myself or when i just sing at karaoke with a few people

i feel completely fine and comfortable

and i can sing up to my full potential

but when i get up on stage and i got the nerves going on

they get me sooo badly

but it's weird because when i'm on the high notes

i'm actually better than when i'm singing the verses.

when i'm singing the lower notes,

my voice goes soo shaky and the vibratto goes out of control -_-

so helppppp

Guest ah-yi

Probably just sing more, infront of your friends, family and get used to it. After a while all these nerves should go away.

Guest EvaxTvxQ

ic ic ic >.> i thought head voice is when you like scream reallly loud like boa x] but i guess i was wrong. lol hehe thanx anyways! so if i want to like scream really loud on notes kinda like what boa does, what do i do? is it still using your chest voice?

Guest kitana

It sounds like you're not opening your throat (like yawning kinda)....I'm no singing coach but I know you're not supposed to get louder as you move up in pitch blah blah lol But I'm sure there's an expert around here to help you...Get some books/tapes on singing if you can't afford a teacher and try the exercises in them too though...

RE: making instrumentals, you can use cooledit/adobe audition for that, you just have to get loops :) Or get something like Fruity Loops or the really ghetto kiddie version from Sony called Jam Trax (but it's really easy to use and the loops it comes with are ok)....

I tried :blush:

Thanks for the tips! I got Fruitylooops but I'm still having trouble getting different tones instead of one straight tone throughout my instrumentals.

What do u mean by opening throat may I ask?

Also how do you prevent the mic from making blowing noises?