Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest havoc11

You could just play the instrumental in another audio player while listening on headphones and just record with Goldwave.

wait so lets say

i play an instrumental mp3 or wav or w.e on itunes...or windows media player? and just record myself..and it should be good?

like is it loud? or does it depend on the speakers? or something

Guest hmaster

wait so lets say

i play an instrumental mp3 or wav or w.e on itunes...or windows media player? and just record myself..and it should be good?

like is it loud? or does it depend on the speakers? or something

I'm very sure if you devoted a little of your time looking there SHOULD be a goldwave tutorial on the internet already written with instructions diagrams...heaven knows how long I spent working on an audition tutorial.

Guest Lizzie_bo_bizzy

^ I want to audition for this company lol. But I want a way to make a demo tape without spending alot of money.

Guest candeeinlove

can i ask somthing? if I have a mic, how do i record? do i need any particular programme? cos the mic is like the one where we chat with people on msn rite? so how do we record? sorry.. new to this..

Guest AsOne

can i ask somthing? if I have a mic, how do i record? do i need any particular programme? cos the mic is like the one where we chat with people on msn rite? so how do we record? sorry.. new to this..

you gotta download a program like "Cool Edit Pro 2.0" to record your voice and mix the songs together. Mmm...if you have limewire, i suggest you download the program from there.

Good day to you :)

Guest hmaster

you really can't make a demo tape without spending a fair bit of money in the process.

chances are somewhere out there there's another person who's just like you who also wants to audition for the same company, and also another, and another and another...

quickly that means that if you want to stand out from the rest, you're going to have to make it as professional as possible. think of it as getting a job. You'd need a good resume, and alos good clothes to wear...it's really like getting a job, come to think of it.

I think firstly you, if you're serious about getting into this company, take a step back and assess exactly how much you're prepared to invest in this particular enterprise before you even begin it, to avoid troubles later on.

if you have any questions feel free to PM me or anything and we'll talk about it.

the best of luck to you, though ^^

Guest sikkony

I was wondering if anyone knows A&R Select record company ?

I got a msg on myspace from them... but it seems shady.. Here's the msg.

Wow! Sounds awesome. You should definitely get back to them. There are indeed scouts from high music companies looking in myspace, and this is where some ppl are signed from. So you should definitely give them a shot. Bahahah great work!

Link us up with your myspace btw, I wanna listen ^_^

Guest havoc11

I'm very sure if you devoted a little of your time looking there SHOULD be a goldwave tutorial on the internet already written with instructions diagrams...heaven knows how long I spent working on an audition tutorial.

direct me to one?

Wow! Sounds awesome. You should definitely get back to them. There are indeed scouts from high music companies looking in myspace, and this is where some ppl are signed from. So you should definitely give them a shot. Bahahah great work!

Link us up with your myspace btw, I wanna listen ^_^

Hmm... I don't know...

Anyway, my myspace link is in my sig.

Guest Lizzie_bo_bizzy

^ If you feel unsafe then try asking a few questions to them and if the answers they give you sound safe enough then get back to them :D

Nice myspace by the way!

Guest havoc11

www.google.com search for "goldwave tutorial" :crazy:

or somebody could just answer my question...

if u play the instrumental wav in windows media player or like itunez or something..will it record while i record myself singing on goldwave?

Guest tsububu

or somebody could just answer my question...

if u play the instrumental wav in windows media player or like itunez or something..will it record while i record myself singing on goldwave?

I haven't used GoldWave since along time ago. But I think...

Yes, or no, depending on how you have your program setup.

If you put it on "what you hear" you will get both voice and instrumental.

If you choose "microphone" you will get voice (only unless your playing the instrumental through the speakers in which the instrumental will bleed through the recording).

Guest sikkony

Hmm... I don't know...

Anyway, my myspace link is in my sig.

Eh why not ma? I know that I heard from Susan here (saw her posts) that there were scouts from high end music companies such as the one she was working in (not sure on the validity of 'high end' there but yeh XD - I have short memory) scanning through myspace and picking talented individuals out of there to record etc etc.

Why you got school work etc? Or not your cup of tea to sing as main thing in your life? You shouldn't pass up a good chance ^_^! Or are you scared over the validity of the email? If it's the last one, you can check the IP where the mail came from using your mail options if they support it (hotmail does).

If you put it on "what you hear" you will get both voice and instrumental.

If you choose "microphone" you will get voice (only unless your playing the instrumental through the speakers in which the instrumental will bleed through the recording).

LOL do you have that too on your E-MU? Hahah I thought it was some super friendly interface on my Audigy card~

when i hold out a note, i dont really have a clear vibratto...IMO, i dont even thhink its a vibratto at all lol

its sort of like..a shuddering type voice

is it my breathing?

how can i get a clear, even vibratto??....

thanks

Guest yeahjusmeh

Can someone guide me on how to connect a microphone to the computer.. and what to do next.

I have Linux by the way -o-

Guest Uknojack216

uh....

well i have a problem... some ppl say im good at singing and im like ok so i tried recording.... but when i record, my voice sounds all ewird and it sounds off key even tho i know i hit that key right im pretty sure i got that key right it sounded alright while i was singing... is that my voice's problem or is it my mic?

cuz my mic is a bad one so... but im worried it might be my voice.....

maybe cuz my voice hasnt changed yet? but anyways it sounds bad on the recording but it sounds better when im just straight up singing

Guest tsububu

uh....

well i have a problem... some ppl say im good at singing and im like ok so i tried recording.... but when i record, my voice sounds all ewird and it sounds off key even tho i know i hit that key right im pretty sure i got that key right it sounded alright while i was singing... is that my voice's problem or is it my mic?

cuz my mic is a bad one so... but im worried it might be my voice.....

maybe cuz my voice hasnt changed yet? but anyways it sounds bad on the recording but it sounds better when im just straight up singing

Maybe people are just tryin to be nice :sweatingbullets: [jokes]

Its hard to tell - doubtful that the mic will cause pitch problems. Maybe your just trying too hard.

Give it an upload and we can judge it for you - =D