Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest jayecho

Kyouria said: Hi everyone^^
I have a small question. Is it possible to improve singing from a bad voice to a good voice..? > < My sister has told me that I sing bad, and that it's a type of voice you listen to and get sick of, and makes you think your own vocal cords will break. She's bluntly honest about these things so I don't doubt her opinion x.x;

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest jaeych

I am trying to increase my chest vocal range and also the quality of my voice. Are there any tips of what I should practice doing or any exercises? Also I want to develop better Vibrato because at the moment I can only get vibrato when I sing with less pressure. Please message me ! :) 

• 2 months later...
Guest mooshhu

i don't know if people have already discussed this yet, but does anybody have any tips and stuff on how to develop a MIXED VOICE (blended chest and head voice)? i've tried looking up stuff on youtube, but i couldn't find anything that actually helped me. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest BrooklynJ

SINGING
The main thing most singers have trouble with is understanding how the voice works and connecting their registers. I'd like to contribute to the community, so if you nobody minds..
For the most part, singers are going to be using their chest voice and head voice, sometimes labelled as falsetto (falsetto is a disconnected head voice, really). "Chest" is the register you use to typically speak in calmly, and "head" is that funny thing you use to imitate children with. Most people have difficulty getting the two to connect on command at first, so the best exercise is to slide between high and low pitches while imitating a yawn.. The yawn will drop your larynx (which impedes effortless vocal production when raised) and allow your voice to connect. Get your head and chest voice connected. Guys have the most trouble with this, partly because the sound will appear weak at first. But we want your voice to last years, so replace the term "weak" with "effortless". And that is the first thing to know. So important.
What's up? I am a singer, trained with vocal coach Seth Riggs (Michael Jackson, Josh Groban, Stevie Wonder, Ariana Grande, many more..). His lessons are ridiculously expensive because his technique is perfect and ubiquitous in the entertainment industry - but I thought I might share with the Soompi community.. If folks want videos, I'd be happy to start a short series. Let me know. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mflowblue

Sure man start a series, I wanna do a collab with you too hahaha

You must've spent alot on lessons lol, those guys charge like 500 per lesson or something right?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest minjjangxx1846

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but it's about recording
So I have a Samson Meteor Mic: http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/microphones/usb-microphones/meteormic/
And I love it, since obviously the built-in mic on my Mac pales in comparison to the Samson mic in terms of sound quality, but when recording high notes and belting notes, how do you keep it from becoming fuzzy and giving feedback (since obviously, for example, if you yell into the mic, it wouldn't sound good as it would give feedback)
I don't want to reduce recording level since if I did that for just the belting note, then that one part of the song would be quieter than the rest. How do artists record almost the entire song at the same recording level and sound level, without having feedback during their belting notes? I try stepping away from the mic but then it sounds echo-y and like I'm in a huge empty room, and it doesn't sound good. I know it's probably a matter of professional equipment, but is it anything that I can get at a music store?
If you don't understand the question, please say so as I really want to find a solution to this problem! Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest lovenara

minjjangxx1846 said: I'm not sure if this has been asked, but it's about recording
So I have a Samson Meteor Mic: http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/microphones/usb-microphones/meteormic/
And I love it, since obviously the built-in mic on my Mac pales in comparison to the Samson mic in terms of sound quality, but when recording high notes and belting notes, how do you keep it from becoming fuzzy and giving feedback (since obviously, for example, if you yell into the mic, it wouldn't sound good as it would give feedback)
I don't want to reduce recording level since if I did that for just the belting note, then that one part of the song would be quieter than the rest. How do artists record almost the entire song at the same recording level and sound level, without having feedback during their belting notes? I try stepping away from the mic but then it sounds echo-y and like I'm in a huge empty room, and it doesn't sound good. I know it's probably a matter of professional equipment, but is it anything that I can get at a music store?
If you don't understand the question, please say so as I really want to find a solution to this problem! Thanks!

Hey  guys , i am using AT2020 usb mic . I have a question is that when i try to record using this mic , the volume of my voice is too low I am not sure is it because I sing in low volume or is it the mic problem ? and also i would like to now how is the normal volume that use to sing ?

Guest lovenara

wengfrecrixs said: Hey  guys , i am using AT2020 usb mic . I have a question is that when i try to record using this mic , the volume of my voice is too low I am not sure is it because I sing in low volume or is it the mic problem ? and also i would like to now how is the normal volume that use to sing ?