NBA

Guest Chioster

Stats from NBA.COM

Amare Stoudemire

2006-07 Statistics

PPG 25.3 RPG 12.10 APG 0.6 EFF + 28.90 Born: Nov 16, 1982

Height: 6-10 / 2,08

Weight: 245 lbs. / 111,1 kg.

High School : Cypress Creek (Orlando, FL)

Years Pro: 4

Kevin Garnett

2006-07 Statistics

PPG 22.4 RPG 12.80 APG 4.1 EFF + 29.17 Born: May 19, 1976

Height: 6-11 / 2,11

Weight: 253 lbs. / 114,8 kg.

High School : Farragut Academy HS (IL)

Years Pro: 11

Kobe Bryant

2006-07 Statistics

PPG 32.8 RPG 5.20 APG 4.4 EFF + 24.80 Born: Aug 23, 1978

Height: 6-6 / 1,98

Weight: 220 lbs. / 99,8 kg.

High School : Lower Merion HS (PA)

Years Pro: 10

Shawn Marion

2006-07 Statistics

PPG 16.9 RPG 10.40 APG 1.2 EFF + 22.64 Born: May 7, 1978

Height: 6-7 / 2,01

Weight: 228 lbs. / 103,4 kg.

College : UNLV

Years Pro: 7

Luol Deng

2006-07 Statistics

PPG 22.2 RPG 8.70 APG 2.4 EFF + 23.60 Born: Apr 16, 1985

Height: 6-9 / 2,06

College : Duke

Years Pro: 2

Links(Sources) are in the names

Stats are misleading, Amare gets a ton of more opportunities/possessions than those on the other teams. And Amare isn't great at defense.

kg puts up those kind of monster stats all by himself and has been consistant with it for the 10+ years he's been in the league.

amare's only been able to do so with steve nash on his team. oh and just incase you forgot, amare was gone all of the '05-'06 season due to a knee injury. kg's a much better low post defender, ball handler, and he has better court vision. so i would think kg is far better than amare, at this point in their careers. like i said, the only thing amare has going for him is his youth, but that'll only last as long as his knee holds up.

If Amare was completely healthy, then maybe not trade him for KG, but Nash's window is short. KG can handle Duncan, Amare cannot. Who beats the Suns? The Spurs. Does KG solve a thin bench? No, but he does help their defense immensely. As for Kobe, the Lakers aren't going to be able to get much for him since he has a no-trade clause. Lakers have very little leverage.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest res0nate

Amare's rebounds are just the ones that happen to fall in his hands, he won't go out of his way to actually do it. Hence him being lazy. He isn't that smart of a defender too when it comes to the post; jumping up for every pump fake and doing follow throughs attempting to block every shot.

Guest EYJAYJAY

havent been back in a while.. but i just gotta say this. if suns want to win in near future, trade amare for KG (maybe not straight up but these 2 will be swapped). to me, it's faulty to compare players just by looking at stats. KG is better than amare in so many ways such as court vision, passing, rebounding, defense, experience, leadership...etc. you also need to look at the problem the suns face in the playoffs, which is containing tim duncan and the lack of interior defense. KG is the perfect guy to use to match up against duncan while not losing the offensive firepower (like when pheonix put kurt thomas on duncan). maybe amare can bring up his defense to an acceptable level but i dont see it happening in near future. since the suns run on nash, they gotta make the move right now to give them that extra boost to make it out of western conference cuz i dont see nash playing at this level for a much longer period of time. and KG would be that boost. although KG would benefit both teams, i doubt it will happen

Guest DOVAHKIIN
Stats from NBA.COM

Amare Stoudemire

2006-07 Statistics

PPG 25.3 RPG 12.10 APG 0.6 EFF + 28.90 Born: Nov 16, 1982

Height: 6-10 / 2,08

Weight: 245 lbs. / 111,1 kg.

High School : Cypress Creek (Orlando, FL)

Years Pro: 4

Kevin Garnett

2006-07 Statistics

PPG 22.4 RPG 12.80 APG 4.1 EFF + 29.17 Born: May 19, 1976

Height: 6-11 / 2,11

Weight: 253 lbs. / 114,8 kg.

High School : Farragut Academy HS (IL)

Years Pro: 11

Kobe Bryant

2006-07 Statistics

PPG 32.8 RPG 5.20 APG 4.4 EFF + 24.80 Born: Aug 23, 1978

Height: 6-6 / 1,98

High School : Lower Merion HS (PA)

Years Pro: 10

Shawn Marion

2006-07 Statistics

PPG 16.9 RPG 10.40 APG 1.2 EFF + 22.64 Born: May 7, 1978

Height: 6-7 / 2,01

Weight: 228 lbs. / 103,4 kg.

College : UNLV

Years Pro: 7

Luol Deng

2006-07 Statistics

PPG 22.2 RPG 8.70 APG 2.4 EFF + 23.60 Born: Apr 16, 1985

Height: 6-9 / 2,06

College : Duke

Years Pro: 2

Links(Sources) are in the names

Uh, you know, those stats are what everyone averaged in the Playoffs excluding Garnett, whose regular season stats are posted on the player profile (due to Wolves not making postseason) Click on the career stats of every player buddy, and you'll see that KG's stats are noticeably different from Amare's. The only player remotely close to Garnett's playing style is Chris Bosh, and he's still out of KG's league, in terms of versatility, passing, and monstrous play. under the post

KG is better than Amare, hands down. He's more versatile, handle and dish the ball, and can play all 5 positions to a certain extent, which Amare can't.

Guest Atron

I agree KG is better then Amare right now and if the suns want to win the championship now I can only see KG giving them that extra boost. though Amare will be at KG's level in 3-4 years but im sure by then the suns wont be as strong as they are right now.

Guest plusone

its not that easy to deal Garnett either, even if he doesn't have a no-trade clause. all he has to do is go public and say, 'oh i would never play for the celtics' and that trade would be nixed. no team would trade for a franchise player who doesnt want to be there (see shaq)

Guest chinguz

i had some weird dream that KG only wanted to go to the Suns.. odd dreams.

anyways, i watched some clips of greg oden in action because i've never seen him before. The guy looks bloody old and huge and his like younger than me O.o

news on kb anyone?

its not that easy to deal Garnett either, even if he doesn't have a no-trade clause. all he has to do is go public and say, 'oh i would never play for the celtics' and that trade would be nixed. no team would trade for a franchise player who doesnt want to be there (see shaq)

its actually a little more complicated than that. garnett has an out clause that could be exercised. that means that the team trading for him would be using him as a loaner for a year, and would be giving up a lot. it was the same situation with shaq, he had one year left on his deal, and said i'll only want to play for these teams, or i'll just opt out and screw both teams over.

Guest res0nate

Yikes.

Garnett to LA. But it'd have to involve at least 4 teams. Pacers, Wolves, Celts and Lakers so far.

Won't work unless Ainge is a complete retard in giving up Jefferson / the 5 for O'Neal just so the Lakers can get KG.

Yikes.

Garnett to LA. But it'd have to involve at least 4 teams. Pacers, Wolves, Celts and Lakers so far.

Won't work unless Ainge is a complete retard in giving up Jefferson / the 5 for O'Neal just so the Lakers can get KG.

Celts probably won't agree according to sources.

Also, the Lakers are only offering Bynum and Odom right now ... They're trying to get Kobe involved somehow though.

On other news, Billups has opted for free agency. >.<

Hope he stays with the Pistons.

Celts probably won't agree according to sources.

Also, the Lakers are only offering Bynum and Odom right now ... They're trying to get Kobe involved somehow though.

On other news, Billups has opted for free agency. >.<

Hope he stays with the Pistons.

could be a good fit in Orlando.

Guest plusone

i heard it was #5/ratliff/green/telfair and not jefferson. but it doesn't matter anyway, since minny and LA are back to two-team talks now

kg coming to LA would be great.

honestly, i see bynum as a 10 points, 10 boards guy. a good center but not a superstar center.

it would be hard to see odom leave though.

kb/kg/odom/mihm/and a decent pg would have been a solid team at least in my opinion.

Guest thelivinlegend21
kg coming to LA would be great.

honestly, i see bynum as a 10 points, 10 boards guy. a good center but not a superstar center.

it would be hard to see odom leave though.

kb/kg/odom/mihm/and a decent pg would have been a solid team at least in my opinion.

that would be a pretty solid team, but you're not going to get KG without having to part with at least Odom, which obviously sucks.

it's too bad the Nets aren't going to open up another deal with the Lakers for Kidd. it would've been nice to have this as the starting lineup if i was GM and i had everything go my way.

Kidd/Bryant/Walton/Odom/Camby.

but then again, the Nets won't bite on another chance at Bynum and the Nuggets laughed at the offer of Camby for Kwame Brown. sucks, but i think that's as solid a line up as can be, both defensively and offensively.

Guest plusone

I never seen so much off court drama since The NBA lockout

its funny how the offseason is so much more interesting than the finals haha

for me anyway lol

^ totally with you on that one. only 2 more days until my favorite day of the year!

and you heard it here first, new jersey sends nachbar and a draft pick to charlotte for sean may.

Archived