NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest GO!zilla
I think the the shove that Horry did on Nash got them a one way ticket to winning the finals >_>. lets all thanks horry. he can clutch shoot and take one for the team.

i disagree, nash flopped. hes known to flop. and all the nba players know the rule and you gotta obey them. their fault.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i disagree, nash flopped. hes known to flop. and all the nba players know the rule and you gotta obey them. their fault.

he must be a good flopper to hop off of one foot and fly 5 feet into the score's table lol.

Regardless if he flopped or not, a hit is a hit.

The Suns becoming an elite team in the west has several factors. Good fortune of Steve Nash staying healthy. Mike D'Antoni changing how the Suns played which led to more possessions and better stats from all around. The league being easier to get fouls called in. I would say Amare has nothing to do with their success as they were fine 2 seasons ago without him.

Dwayne Wade is a product of the NBA catering its referees to star players. Dwayne Wade has to get the most BS calls in the NBA every night. If you put any good SG aside from Wade and Kobe with Shaq they would have won those titles too. Dwayne Wade just might bet he most overrated star in the NBA today.

i couldn't agree more.

i'm still wondering why amare made the all nba first team this season.

dfake is the overrated star in the nba today. ever see him use that spin move of his? how the refs don't see that as a travel still baffles me.

Oh please, we all know the Warriors just went crazy with the three-point shooting throughout their entire playoff run and the Mavs wouldn't have stopped it unless they sent DeSagana Diop to sit on Baron Davis' face.

which might explain why the mavs are interested in kobe? he is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league afterall. oh and his offensive output isn't too shabby either.

Spurs only have the title this year because they played the choking Cavs, a team which is from, like you said, the Eastern Conference that is a joke.

Someone please just get KG the ring he deserves.

actually, i don't think the cavs choked, it's more like the spurs owned lebron in the face. i guess that's what happens when you don't have a jumpshot yet. and the cavs are basically nothing offensively without lebron. you have to score to win afterall.

i second that, garnett definitely deserves a ring. he needs to get out of minnesota.

and can somebody please explain why in the WORLD the t'wolves would want trash like harris, terry, stackhouse, diop, or dampier in exchange for kevin garnett? please, somebody, anybody explain this to me because it doesn't make sense to me. although a team with dirk and kg would be amazing to watch and almost impossible to stop, it's never ever going to happen.

i'm glad the spurs played the suns physically. i'm sick of their "we're-smaller-than-everybody-so-please-protect-us-refs" attitude. everybody except steve nash. the guy's a soldier.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
i couldn't agree more.

i'm still wondering why amare made the all nba first team this season.

dfake is the overrated star in the nba today. ever see him use that spin move of his? how the refs don't see that as a travel still baffles me.

which might explain why the mavs are interested in kobe? he is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league afterall. oh and his offensive output isn't too shabby either.

actually, i don't think the cavs choked, it's more like the spurs owned lebron in the face. i guess that's what happens when you don't have a jumpshot yet. and the cavs are basically nothing offensively without lebron. you have to score to win afterall.

i second that, garnett definitely deserves a ring. he needs to get out of minnesota.

and can somebody please explain why in the WORLD the t'wolves would want trash like harris, terry, stackhouse, diop, or dampier in exchange for kevin garnett? please, somebody, anybody explain this to me because it doesn't make sense to me. although a team with dirk and kg would be amazing to watch and almost impossible to stop, it's never ever going to happen.

Amare made it because there were no other good centers to fill in the void. Yao Ming was injured for quite a bit this year, and Shaq didn't even play half the season. Mavs aren't gonna make a huge change by getting Kobe to repair for last year's mistakes. If they do, the front office is losing it. Then again it is Mark Cuban...

Oh the Cavs did choke. I think it was game 4 or something where they made 3 of 19 from beyond the arc, and they were open looks too. Not to mention Sideshow Bob's brilliant finger roll that missed by a mile.

Guest Atron

I'm not going to say what Amare and Diaw did was unfair because it is in the rules (though I seriously hope the league changes it this summer) but in my mind if Raja bell can Clothesline Kobe and knock him flat on the floor and only get suspended for one game and just Amare and Diaw stepping onto the court justifies a one game suspension as well the league seriously needs to fix the rules

^

the league's rules are fine the way it is.

blame amare for being stupid and getting off the bench.

if he's smart he won't make that mistake again.

either way the spurs were gunna win it anyways. to be the world champs u have to play defense, clamp down on defense in the last few minutes of the game. phoenix is still trying to outscore their opponents all the time. defense wins championships.

Guest epark1281

Atron,

That's right, they should revise the rules. Perhaps they should go in the other direction and make the rules a little stricter. I say a 3 game suspension for excessive contact.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
^

the league's rules are fine the way it is.

blame amare for being stupid and getting off the bench.

if he's smart he won't make that mistake again.

either way the spurs were gunna win it anyways. to be the world champs u have to play defense, clamp down on defense in the last few minutes of the game. phoenix is still trying to outscore their opponents all the time. defense wins championships.

It's stupid to come to your teammate's aid when there's an altercation on the court?

Guest plusone

It's stupid to come to your teammate's aid when there's an altercation on the court?

...thus enlarging the conflict?

Guest Atron

exactly there is nothing wrong for getting up and seeing how your captain of your team is doing. from the angle they were sitting at im sure it looked 10x worst then it really was and amare and diaw just got up and stepped over to see if nash was alright. now it comes to common sense in looking if either of them looked threating when they came onto the court which none of them did.

Like I said im not saying what the league did was totally wrong, but you cant always follow the rulebook to the tee. they should always consider the circumstances around the whole thing.

Guest GO!zilla
exactly there is nothing wrong for getting up and seeing how your captain of your team is doing. from the angle they were sitting at im sure it looked 10x worst then it really was and amare and diaw just got up and stepped over to see if nash was alright. now it comes to common sense in looking if either of them looked threating when they came onto the court which none of them did.

Like I said im not saying what the league did was totally wrong, but you cant always follow the rulebook to the tee. they should always consider the circumstances around the whole thing.

rules are rules and the can't take exceptions to it. if they reconsidered what happened, other players that were victims of these rules will complain favoritism. also, nba has already said they will not change this rule.

what rule they need to make is giving a player a technical if caught flopping. my gosh even hockey has this rule. -_- USE IT!

Amare made it because there were no other good centers to fill in the void. Yao Ming was injured for quite a bit this year, and Shaq didn't even play half the season. Mavs aren't gonna make a huge change by getting Kobe to repair for last year's mistakes. If they do, the front office is losing it. Then again it is Mark Cuban...

Oh the Cavs did choke. I think it was game 4 or something where they made 3 of 19 from beyond the arc, and they were open looks too. Not to mention Sideshow Bob's brilliant finger roll that missed by a mile.

Really, Tim Duncan should be C, he plays more C than PF. Which would then leave either KG or Dirk as the PF and Lebron to SF.

Atron,

That's right, they should revise the rules. Perhaps they should go in the other direction and make the rules a little stricter. I say a 3 game suspension for excessive contact.

I didn't mind the suspension as it's in the rules, however I think most people have a problem with their justification of it. Duncan and Bowen went on to the court in I believe the 2nd quarter and the NBA said it was not an altercation and that Duncan and Bowen weren't intending to do anything. How can they know that those two weren't going to do anythign and Diaw and Amare were? This is a main reason why the NBA's popularity is dropping. Inconsistencies and pure BS.

rules are rules and the can't take exceptions to it. if they reconsidered what happened, other players that were victims of these rules will complain favoritism. also, nba has already said they will not change this rule.

what rule they need to make is giving a player a technical if caught flopping. my gosh even hockey has this rule. -_- USE IT!

The NBA needs new people at the top, not some rehashed lawyer who only sees things as black and white. There are so many flaws with the NBA, I think soon the NHL will pass them in ratings, well not really but I'd rather watch an NHL game than NBA.

Guest Atron

Actually Stern said its up to the owners if they want to change the rule slightly so instances like the amare diaw thing will be fixed in the future. and if they did change the rule over this summer I doubt anyone from the past will have a gripe about it really...

Guest GO!zilla
Actually Stern said its up to the owners if they want to change the rule slightly so instances like the amare diaw thing will be fixed in the future. and if they did change the rule over this summer I doubt anyone from the past will have a gripe about it really...

rules are always able to be changed by the owners. nothing new there... but i know for sure that even the owners don't want to edit that rule because theyd rather lose a player 1 game than lose them for 20 games because they threw a punch. they want their players to have the thought that they'll get suspended if infact they step out of their lil bench so it'll make them hesitate to go out there.

Guest FusionGT2
he must be a good flopper to hop off of one foot and fly 5 feet into the score's table lol.

Regardless if he flopped or not, a hit is a hit.

It's all in the shoes! Nike.. Just Do It.

how is kg on the all nba third team while amare is in the first? amare's not even a true center anyway.

game 4 was one game. the entire series lebron got snuffed out by the spurs' defense and could not produce offensively. how are you expecting the cavs to pull out a win if the team is relying on the likes of varejao and pavlovic to score?

Guest GO!zilla

well Steve Kerr said hes gonna keep his team intact and add a few pieces (prob via free agency)

i dont see suns a player for kg.

Archived