NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Celtics should win it this year.

Then they can lose as many times for all I care because after that it's the LAKESHOW baby.

Guest circustricks03
well true but it can also go the other way to. if you are the lakers and started relying on the jumper instead of taking it to the basket and the other team starts to drive it in the pain constantly den yeah der is gonna be a big difference in which i saw in this game. 2nd quater they went away from gasol and started relying on the jumper which played a big factor in their free throw.

one more thing just because a player yells in the air doesnt alwayz mean he got fouled.

True that. Lakers definitely relied on their jumper; hence the disparity in the foul shots.

I'm just happy we're going to Hell-A leading 2-0. I foresee LA bringing game tonight. I hope boys are ready for a brawl.

laker fans hang in there

we will prevail

we're gonna sweep the celtics at home and then steal one on the road

i was hoping for a finals victory in LA, but it would be even better to win in boston

to see all the stunned faces in boston will be priceless!

Guest Krn_Track_Star
Uh...Kobe's team is in the Finals right now, buddy.

awww ok n the the mavs were in the finals 2 years ago and?

the state of texas will always be represented by spurs.......

hmm i can see that as of right now because the spurs are still strong but getting exposed every year. we will see in the future if the spurs can still can keep it up.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
awww ok n the the mavs were in the finals 2 years ago and?

hmm i can see that as of right now because the spurs are still strong but getting exposed every year. we will see in the future if the spurs can still can keep it up.

Gee, Spurs getting exposed every year totally explains why they won last year.

Let's look at your Mavs:

- Making it to the Finals up 2-0 on Miami, and losing 4-2.

- Having a 67-15 record only to get bounced by the Warriors in the first round

- Winning only 3 games out of 14 against contending teams since acquiring Jason Kidd

- Dropping from 67-15 to 51-31 record, down 16 games?

- Getting hammered by the Hornets in the first round

- Firing one of the league's best coaches in Avery Johnson and replacing him with... Rick Carlisle

Gee. What did the Spurs do?

Win 3 of the last 5 championships? Rip through last year's playoff rounds; hammer the Suns, bounce back from a deficit with the Hornets, and lose a series with a controversial foul that wasn't called?

So who's the crumbling exposed team again? Yeah, the Spurs are aging, but the Mavs future ain't looking too bright with 30something year old guys in Dampier, Stackhouse, Kidd, Eddie Jones and Juwan Howard.

LBJ imo gets more credit dispite being in the east he led the cavs alone into a series win and even though he lost in the finals he still lead that team into the finals last year yet it is still to be done by kobe.

The point about Kobe leading the Lakers in the Finals was directed to counter your comment about LeBron leading the Cavs to the Finals last year. NOTHING to do with your Mavs making it to the Finals, which they conveniently blew a 2-0 lead.

i see kobe him as overrated and when the day comes when he wins a championship without another star player ill give him credit n say yeah he can do it but until then i see him as just a avg player.

Jordan needed Pippen to win it.

Bird needed Kevin McHale and Robert Parish to win it.

Drexler needed Hakeem to win it

Erving needed Moses Malone to win it.

Magic needed Kareem and James Worthy to win it.

Gee, I guess they were all just "average" players too.

Guest epark1281

Exposed? Really?

I'm sorry, if the Spurs have been "exposed", the Mavs have been UNDRESSED. No inside presence. No concept of team defense. They used to be a run and gun offense, and now have no idea if they want to run half court sets or run a speed offense. The Mavs WERE in the finals, but lost after they were WINNING game 3 against Miami. They blew a 2-0 lead in the series and they blew a chance to make it 3-0. I'm sorry, the Mavs are sad, Mark Cuban is sad, and yall STILL don't have a coach. Texas is two teams, the Rockets and the Spurs. Until the mavs get a legit center and replace your 90 year old leftovers from NJ, it's the MAVS who won't have a chance to keep up buddy.

And yes, the Spurs will be the texas reps because RC Beuford knows better than to rely on a 7" wingman to build a franchise.

Oh, one more thing

Pops>>>>>Don Nelson>>>>>>Avery Johnson

yeah, the lakers relied on their jumpers a lot in game 2.

I would too if i drove in, got contact and didnt get a foul called like boston. I mean its pretty tiring to constantly attack the basket and score on bostons great defense :rolleyes: w/ the help of the zebras. just call it both ways is all i ask

Guest Unseen Choice
just call it both ways is all i ask

I think that's what we all want as Lakers or Celtics fans but we all know that's not how it rolls at all. I'd rather let them call it like they did in the beginning of Game 1, which was not calling much at all. Let them play the game and hopefully the championships won't be decided by the refs

I think that's what we all want as Lakers or Celtics fans but we all know that's not how it rolls at all. I'd rather let them call it like they did in the beginning of Game 1, which was not calling much at all. Let them play the game and hopefully the championships won't be decided by the refs

i totally agree with you. game 1.. Lakers lost it for themselves.

it seems like some people here seems not to acknowledge my response and think ALL Lakers fans blame the ref when they lose.

stop drinking the HATERADE

Guest Krn_Track_Star
Gee, Spurs getting exposed every year totally explains why they won last year.

Let's look at your Mavs:

- Making it to the Finals up 2-0 on Miami, and losing 4-2.

- Having a 67-15 record only to get bounced by the Warriors in the first round

- Winning only 3 games out of 14 against contending teams since acquiring Jason Kidd

- Dropping from 67-15 to 51-31 record, down 16 games?

- Getting hammered by the Hornets in the first round

- Firing one of the league's best coaches in Avery Johnson and replacing him with... Rick Carlisle

Gee. What did the Spurs do?

Win 3 of the last 5 championships? Rip through last year's playoff rounds; hammer the Suns, bounce back from a deficit with the Hornets, and lose a series with a controversial foul that wasn't called?

So who's the crumbling exposed team again? Yeah, the Spurs are aging, but the Mavs future ain't looking too bright with 30something year old guys in Dampier, Stackhouse, Kidd, Eddie Jones and Juwan Howard.

The point about Kobe leading the Lakers in the Finals was directed to counter your comment about LeBron leading the Cavs to the Finals last year. NOTHING to do with your Mavs making it to the Finals, which they conveniently blew a 2-0 lead.

Jordan needed Pippen to win it.

Bird needed Kevin McHale and Robert Parish to win it.

Drexler needed Hakeem to win it

Erving needed Moses Malone to win it.

Magic needed Kareem and James Worthy to win it.

Gee, I guess they were all just "average" players too.

yeah i the mavs are not having a great year after their championship year and it doesnt mean that they dont have a great team im not here to deny that the mavs need alot of work to but if u wanna be on my richard simmons about every little comment so be it we can bring it on to.

as for kobe. didnt most lakers fan bash on shaq after he left saying kobe can do it by himself again because shaq wuz getting old n stuff. they said something about because kobe wuz young and had better talent overall n gee dont u love putting words in my mouth. did i ever mention that jordan wuz avg player. unlike kobe he actually led the bulls himself into a playoff series win something i have yet to see with kobe n now ppl are saying oh kobe lead his team to the finals this year. bs who does he have right now that helps him alot i believe that is gasol. after they got gasol they been on tear even before that he wasnt even doing to good in the beginning of the season.

It's funny how the Staples Center is home to the Lakers, but the Staples Company is headquartered in Boston.

Anyways, I'm rooting for the Celtics tonight. I hope Kobe brings it.

Guest res0nate
The letter also details an incident in the 2002 playoffs in which Donaghy alleges that two referees, who were known as NBA "company men," wanted to extend a series to seven games. "Team 5" could have wrapped up the series in Game 6 but saw two players foul out, lost the game and ultimately the series.

Only one series went to seven games in the 2002 playoffs: Los Angeles Lakers against Sacramento Kings.

In Game 6, the Lakers made 34-of-40 free throws to 18-of-25 for the Kings. In the fourth quarter alone, Los Angeles hit 21-of-27 from the line while Sacramento made 7-of-9. After that game, a 106-102 Lakers win, Kings coach Rick Adelman expressed his frustration with the officiating.

"Our big guys get 20 fouls tonight and [shaquille O'Neal] gets four? You tell me how the game went," Adelman said. "It's just the way it is. Obviously, they got the game called the way they wanted to get it called."

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=n...amp;eid=3436401

Lol.

and

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketba...istle_on_n.html

did i ever mention that jordan wuz avg player. unlike kobe he actually led the bulls himself into a playoff series win something i have yet to see with kobe n now ppl are saying oh kobe lead his team to the finals this year.

wow... im sorry, but you lost credibilty with that response. Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman had a big integral part in his rings.

^yeah RE has it totally right, as good as MJ was, he needed pippen, and Rodman. Also, Jordan shouldn't be classed as an "average player".

Guest Krn_Track_Star
wow... im sorry, but you lost credibilty with that response. Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman had a big integral part in his rings.

i wuz refering to before he had pippen. didnt MJ beat the cavs with the game winning shot in the first round of the playoffs. that wuz the shot seen around the world that led his bulls over the cavs.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
yeah i the mavs are not having a great year after their championship year and it doesnt mean that they dont have a great team im not here to deny that the mavs need alot of work to but if u wanna be on my richard simmons about every little comment so be it we can bring it on to.

as for kobe. didnt most lakers fan bash on shaq after he left saying kobe can do it by himself again because shaq wuz getting old n stuff. they said something about because kobe wuz young and had better talent overall n gee dont u love putting words in my mouth. did i ever mention that jordan wuz avg player. unlike kobe he actually led the bulls himself into a playoff series win something i have yet to see with kobe n now ppl are saying oh kobe lead his team to the finals this year. bs who does he have right now that helps him alot i believe that is gasol. after they got gasol they been on tear even before that he wasnt even doing to good in the beginning of the season.

I'm not on your richard simmons, you just have some pretty obvious faulty arguments. No one's putting words in your mouth, you just apparently don't get how comparisons work. Like seriously, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out Jordan needed other stars in Pippen, Rodman and quality role players in Horace Grant and Kukoc to win the rings.

i wuz refering to before he had pippen. didnt MJ beat the cavs with the game winning shot in the first round of the playoffs. that wuz the shot seen around the world that led his bulls over the cavs.

FYI Jordan hit that shot against the Cavs (in 88-89 playoffs) with Pippen (who was already on the team a year earlier), Horace Grant and Charles Oakley on the team. Before Jordan had Pippen, the Bulls didn't reach the conference finals in over a decade.

But if you wanna be on my case, then explain the Jordan case more better with some actual proof. While you're at it, explain how the other each NBA legend I listed above "led his team himself into a playoff series win."

No one denies Kobe needed Shaq. But that works the other way, Shaq wouldn't have done it without Kobe or Wade. Just cuz you can't do it alone means you're an average player; Kobe's been playing with a crippled pinky for how many months now?

Guest Krn_Track_Star
I'm not on your richard simmons, you just have some pretty obvious faulty arguments. No one's putting words in your mouth, you just apparently don't get how comparisons work. Like seriously, it doesn't take rocket science to figure out Jordan needed other stars in Pippen, Rodman and quality role players in Horace Grant and Kukoc to win the rings.

FYI Jordan hit that shot against the Cavs (in 88-89 playoffs) with Pippen (who was already on the team a year earlier), Horace Grant and Charles Oakley on the team. Before Jordan had Pippen, the Bulls didn't reach the conference finals in over a decade.

But if you wanna be on my case, then explain the Jordan case more better with some actual proof. While you're at it, explain how the other each NBA legend I listed above "led his team himself into a playoff series win."

No one denies Kobe needed Shaq. But that works the other way, Shaq wouldn't have done it without Kobe or Wade. Just cuz you can't do it alone means you're an average player.

i never said the nba legends did it by himself as for scottie pippen being on the bulls that year yeah he wuz on the bulls that year but did u look up his stats. he really didnt help much avg 14.4 a game only played in 73 games and started in 56. at that time he wuz developing as a player to but you can actually say jordan led that team because he busted his richard simmons that season to led the them over the series over the cavs.

i said it before you do need to have help but u dont seem to realize that ONCE AGAIN MOST LAKERS FAN SAID THEY DIDNT NEED SHAQ TO WIN ANOTHER ONE BECAUSE KOBE CUZ THEIR GUY AND CAN DO IT BY HIMSELF. i have never denied the future HOF and ledends didnt need help. dey didnt need help but they also gave credit to where it wuz due weather it be the fans or the team or even the owner. like i said before after shaq left to miami most lakers fan bashed on him for leaving the team when he really didnt want to leave.

Archived