NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest mojomunkeez

SO CLOSE.

The officials need to call more fouls on the Celtics, there's so much contact. And yet if a Laker so much as taps a Celtic player he's whistled for a foul.

I'd say momentum is on Los Angeles' side, now: without Odom, they've cut a 22-point deficit and were down to just one blocked 3-pointer (read: foul) away from stealing a game the Celtics should have had in the bag. Now they head home to a building in which they haven't lost in 2 months, against a Celtics team that can't seem to win on the road, and with newfound confidence in their offense. Also, since it's at home, perhaps finally they can get some whistles go their way.

That said, they really need to work on defensive rebounding. The played some great defense at times to force missed shots, but could never seem to come up with the board, if they can limit offensive rebounding, and barring another Leon Powe explosion, I don't see any reason why the Lakers won't win all three at home.

Props to Powe, by the way, he played his heart out.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mofo

where's Resonate when you need him :P

--

what an awesome game..I KNEW..that l.a. would make a comeback once leon powe left the game..the lakers had no answer for that really slow, plodding 6-8 undersized power forward lol..damn he had a good game lol.

it was also good to see the celtics play one good defensive possession in the 4th quarter lol..

i see similarities between the dallas-miami series and this series..

l.a. by now has realized that they can be losing the whole game, but if they make a serious push, they can get the game close, and steal the game at the end..

but the biggest difference is that boston has paul pierce, dallas had no one to step up.

Guest GO!zilla

Krn Track Star <- The guy who said Dolphins were at same skill level as Chargers. Good MF GAME!

Like i said.. you're not worth debating with. Q.Q

Guest xsilentangel
good officiating, good game. Glad to see the celtics up 2-0, now it would be sweet if the celtics swept the lakers.

Lol good officiating?

It was definitely controversial..

Part of the reason why Celtics had so many more free throw opportunities was because they attacked the basket, although there were some fouls called on them that should have been no call.

First half had weird officiating and second half was OK.

About how those calls may have thrown off the transition of the Lakers.. I don't know about that.

They made really dumb turnovers in the second quarter.. pretty sloppy.

Are the Lakers fans going to blame this game on the officiating now <_<

SO CLOSE.

The officials need to call more fouls on the Celtics, there's so much contact. And yet if a Laker so much as taps a Celtic player he's whistled for a foul.

I'd say momentum is on Los Angeles' side, now: without Odom, they've cut a 22-point deficit and were down to just one blocked 3-pointer (read: foul) away from stealing a game the Celtics should have had in the bag. Now they head home to a building in which they haven't lost in 2 months, against a Celtics team that can't seem to win on the road, and with newfound confidence in their offense. Also, since it's at home, perhaps finally they can get some whistles go their way.

That said, they really need to work on defensive rebounding. The played some great defense at times to force missed shots, but could never seem to come up with the board, if they can limit offensive rebounding, and barring another Leon Powe explosion, I don't see any reason why the Lakers won't win all three at home.

Props to Powe, by the way, he played his heart out.

....Still talking about the road problem?

That was awhile ago.

We'll just have to see how it goes in LA. Just wait until then and then talk crap OK?

Guest Krn_Track_Star
Krn Track Star <- The guy who said Dolphins were at same skill level as Chargers. Good MF GAME!

Like i said.. you're not worth debating with. Q.Q

haha. well u dont have to argue with me but u sure as hell aint gonna stop me from posting. kids these dayz try to act all badass behind there sissy richard simmons comp but i bet dey aint nothing in real life.

ne wayz back to the game. yeah der were some stupid calls in the game both ways especially wen gasol got hit n didnt get called. refs can either make you or break you but lakers making a run at the end. o_O damn didnt think a 24 point lead would be drainned to 4 in like 5 min.

Guest KeepinItReal
Lol good officiating?

Part of the reason why Celtics had so many more free throw opportunities was because they attacked the basket, although there were some fouls called on them that should have been no call.

About how those calls may have thrown off the transition of the Lakers.. I don't know about that.

you call yourself a celtics fan? please

it wasn't the perfect officiating; it was good in a sense that they now opened their eyes and saw the sort of fouls kobe and the lakers gets away with on a daily basis.

laker fans always blame on the refs when their team loses, just can't admit their defeat

Guest xsilentangel

^

Well now all the Lakers fans are yapping about the officiating.

I'd rather win fair and square. I mean, the officating wasn't that bad, but there were some bad calls during the first half.

We'll see some bad calls at LA on the Celtics.

No doubt about that.

Guest Krn_Track_Star
Lol good officiating?

....Still talking about the road problem?

That was awhile ago.

We'll just have to see how it goes in LA. Just wait until then and then talk crap OK?

celtics do have a little road problems in the playoffs. i guess like she said we have to wait and see if they can do the samething and win 1 on the road.

Guest lakers

1.odom has GOTTTTTTTTT to be more aggressive..god damnnnnnnnnnn

2. y did pau stop attacking in the second half?

3. switch rad with ariza....

Guest KeepinItReal

hmm... there were no bad calls in the first. we won fair and square and yet youre complaining for the opposing team?

never mind what I said about hoping the celtics sweep the lakers. I want the celtics to win it in boston

you call yourself a celtics fan? please

it wasn't the perfect officiating; it was good in a sense that they now opened their eyes and saw the sort of fouls kobe and the lakers gets away with on a daily basis.

laker fans always blame on the refs when their team loses, just can't admit their defeat

not true.. i didnt blame the refs for game 1's lose.

Your dislike for the Kobe/Lakers clouding your judgement on this horrible officiating game.

Guest xsilentangel
hmm... there were no bad calls in the first. we won fair and square and yet youre complaining for the opposing team?

never mind what I said about hoping the celtics sweep the lakers. I want the celtics to win it in boston

:mellow: I don't know what game you're watching!

Complaining for the opposing team?

There were bad calls yet you're just denying it...

I'd rather win at the Staples Center.. :rolleyes:

Guest Krn_Track_Star

dont blame the ref. even though im guilty of that =( i think everyone blames the ref everytime der team loses but it shouldnt mean the lakers or the celtics should stop attacking the bastket wen they dont get calls cuz remember ur gonna get some calls and that better than nothing being called.

Guest xsilentangel

^ That was when Ray Allen was in, perhaps the worst slump of his life <_<

\/ The free throws weren't only because of fouls. Like I said, Lakers' didn't attack the basket..

And, keyword, ALMOSTTTTTTTTTTT.

Oh well 2-0, I'm happy.

Guest mojomunkeez

When there's that big of a disparity in free-throws, something is up. Especially since the Celtics are usually a high-fouling team and Kobe usually gets to the line 10 times a game. And it's not an excuse, it's a fact.

And even with the disparity, the Lakers still almost stole the game.

I'd rather win fair and square. I mean, the officating wasn't that bad, but there were some bad calls during the first half.

your the kind of fan who has real knowledge of the game. Me likey.. Props!

Guest Krn_Track_Star
When there's that big of a disparity in free-throws, something is up. Especially since the Celtics are usually a high-fouling team and Kobe usually gets to the line 10 times a game. And it's not an excuse, it's a fact.

And even with the disparity, the Lakers still almost stole the game.

well true but it can also go the other way to. if you are the lakers and started relying on the jumper instead of taking it to the basket and the other team starts to drive it in the pain constantly den yeah der is gonna be a big difference in which i saw in this game. 2nd quater they went away from gasol and started relying on the jumper which played a big factor in their free throw.

one more thing just because a player yells in the air doesnt alwayz mean he got fouled.

Guest KeepinItReal

lol lakers didnt attack the basket cause of kg, perkins, and pj, too scurred thats why. man i gotta give ray some props and credit for giving kobe a hard time offensively and defensively

Archived