NBA

Guest Chioster

lakers will win,no doubt

Im hoping for that too. my siggie says it all. ahhas (: Its about time lakers get the title again <3

the biggest concern is who is going to guard P.P.?

Sasha? He's gonna be on the ground all day

I hope Sasha proves you wrong on Thursday (:

Seipher Like what you said, if walton, sasha and others get their basket in, lakers have more chances, i really have to say walton hasnt been playing his best, he miss easy layups.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GO!zilla

Ariza? He's not gonna get much minutes

Newble? Is he even going to suit up?

Kobe? Maybe in the last couple mins. P.P. is too strong for Kobe

Rad? I laugh

Luke? Puke

Lamar? Not quick enough

Sasha? He's gonna be on the ground all day

hrmm?

Rad + Sasha has been guarding Ginobili and other sgs/sfs.

everyone under rates rad and sasha as defenders.

everyone under rates lakers defense.

derek should post up rando all day. draw doubles and kick it out.

hrmm?

Rad + Sasha has been guarding Ginobili and other sgs/sfs.

everyone under rates rad and sasha as defenders.

everyone under rates lakers defense.

derek should post up rando all day. draw doubles and kick it out.

Sasha is a pesky defender but fouls a lot. And Rad, when he tries does a marginally decent job (its mostly because of his lack of D. IQ)

Prince (one of the best defender in the league) couldnt stop P.P., i highly doubt Rad/Sasha would do a better job.

+ Sasha doesnt guard sf. Even with the opportunity, P.P. has 30lbs on Sasha and wouldnt be able to stop P.P from taking it to the hoop.

Derek fisher will not post up rondo all day. Fisher is strong, but doesnt have a post game or any interior game at all. This guy has a hard time taking it to the basket and finishing.

You'll see more post-ups from Kobe since R. Allen will most likely be guarding him

Guest GO!zilla
Sasha is a pesky defender but fouls a lot. And Rad, when he tries does a marginally decent job (its mostly because of his lack of D. IQ)

Prince (one of the best defender in the league) couldnt stop P.P., i highly doubt Rad/Sasha would do a better job.

+ Sasha doesnt guard sf. Even with the opportunity, P.P. has 30lbs on Sasha and wouldnt be able to stop P.P from taking it to the hoop.

Derek fisher will not post up rondo all day. Fisher is strong, but doesnt have a post game or any interior game at all. This guy has a hard time taking it to the basket and finishing.

You'll see more post-ups from Kobe since R. Allen will most likely be guarding him

included sf for rad. i said should for derek. it'll be a interesting series.

i just think lakers have a more overall balanced team.

Guest xsilentangel

Well here goes all the predictions..

Well obviously the Lakers fans are saying the Lakers will win..

I won't deny I believe the Celtics will win.

Paul Pierce had great defense against Lebron James and Tayshaun Prince. He's been making amazing pick and rolls, and also has improved greatly from the playoffs. Nobody can really defend him either, not even Prince.

Ray Allen is definitely back, he made essential shots, shots with hands around his face, catch and release shots. He's red hot and I don't think it die down when the Finals come down.

Kevin Garnett has the passion in him to make him perform his best.

None of the Big 3 have ever been to the Finals.

Older players like Brown and Cassell will aim for the trophy also.

Other than the Big 3 (Rondo. Perk, etc.) They know it is the closest to a championship the Big 3 have come so far. They also would like to take advantage of this chance while they are young, because they may never have this opportunity again. The whole team has great chemistry, but I know the Lakers have it too. I just think we have more chemistry, with a lot of guys who are old, with a championship a long time ago, or never even close to one. I think all the Celtics have great passion.

Celtics in 6.

I sense a horde of Laker fans ready to backlash.

Guest watcher

^ i think if it's a measure of passion, the lakers are at least equally motivated. gasol has never won a playoff series coming in, and here he is at the finals. lamar hasn't been this far either. kobe's on a mission to prove he can win a championship, and if anything, kobe's ambition trumps anyone else's in the nba at the moment, and it shows in his play.

whether the big 3 will beat the kobe/pau/lamar combination is really up in the air. on paper, the lakers trio are better, averaging 64pts/25 rebounds vs the celtics 54/18. but you'd have to see the teams play each other to really be able to tell.

at the same time, lakers have shown they could play well against a good spurs defense.

furthermore, lakers have an advantage in bench and coaching.

the celtics genuine advantage comes down to homecourt and ray allen's emergence late in the playoffs. but despite everything, i think going into the finals, lakers are going to be the team to beat.

lakers in 6

Guest mojomunkeez

I agree, people keep talking about how Boston's Big Three have "passion". How about the Lakers' passion? Kobe, the Black Mamba, has ice-water pumping through his veins every night, and plays with just as much, if not more passion and intensity as anyone else in the game. His competitive spirit is second to none. Lamar and Pau have stepped it up big time, especially during the waning minutes of the game, they have grabbed countless offensive boards within the final 120 seconds of the buzzer. Derek Fisher is a proven playoff performer and extremely clutch, must I remind you of 0.4 and last year at Utah?

Sasha lays it all out on the floor. He's relentless in his defense and his shooting. Turiaf is a straight-up beast, on the court and on the sideline. The rest of the Lakers' Bench Mob has been phenomenal and has turned into quite possibly the best bench in the league. If you want to talk about passion, don't count the Lakers out.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
Why doesn't Rondo ever take the opportunity? There's so many chances he can score, but he always has a tendency to pass to a teammate.

He's the #4 option on offense, he's a horrible shooter, he's doing what a point guard is supposed to do :mellow:

The Celtics have K. Perkins who is strong (Gasol have problem against strong Defenders)

No, Gasol just flops despite being nearly the same size and gets the calls, ala Dwight Howard match-up.

Congrats to Celtics.

According to Soompi Forums, conspiracy has led you to the Finals.

Buddy, it's speculated everywhere in the media. Before this season even began, there was always criticism about David Stern seeing green faces of dead presidents on a basketball instead of orange. Right now his responses to new stuff in the Donaghy case are so weak and he just rushes to cover things up asap.

I remember what Phil Jackson said a longggg time ago.. somthing to the extent of... "You can play w/ a lot of heart and passion, but it doesnt matter if you're not playing smart"

Rondo has been a stellar surprise, but he's still makes bone-headed plays

K.G. great player, but over-rated in the sense that he cant be trusted to take over games. + He passes way.. too.... much

R. Allen, shot on or off?

P.P., that guy is playing like a beast

James Posey is the only guy that really gets me a lil nervous off the bench.

Guest GO!zilla
Buddy, it's speculated everywhere in the media. Before this season even began, there was always criticism about David Stern seeing green faces of dead presidents on a basketball instead of orange.

Yup. :rolleyes:

Sorry Paul Pierce, stop looking so happy... It's not you and your play that got you into the finals.

Damn how bad I feel for Carl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkely, Elgin Baylor, John Stockton, Reggie Miller, Pistol Pete, Dominique.

If everything was "set up," why watch the damn thing? Well... I guess I can't really say that because

idiots watch WWE even if it's scripted.

What can I say... as long as the Lakers

are in the picture every year GO DAVID STERN!

Speculation... that's all there is to it.

woe is me.

No, Gasol just flops despite being nearly the same size and gets the calls, ala Dwight Howard match-up.

Buddy, it's speculated everywhere in the media. Before this season even began, there was always criticism about David Stern seeing green faces of dead presidents on a basketball instead of orange. Right now his responses to new stuff in the Donaghy case are so weak and he just rushes to cover things up asap.

Gasol flops on D, and Rebounding.

Against Denver, Gasol played really well despite Camby guarding him

Against Utah, Gasol had a hard time posting up Okur because he got a lot more junk in the trunk than Camby. (Okur fouled Gasol a lot when he dribbled therefore he had a lot of turn-overs... but not gonna get into that)

Against S.A., well he was playing against a top D who's the same size as him. So thats a bust.

The media loves to create controversy. It equals more readers.

Im sorry, if Stern really got what he wanted, then Lakers (#2) and Knicks (#1) would be in the finals every year because the ratings for the spurs finals were always crap.

Cant 2 teams with great records and did the necessary work to make it into the finals?

Sure, tt took 20 years in the making for the Lakers vs Celtics

Whenever the Lakers win, people who drink haterade always comes up w/ excuses besides giving them props.

Anything that involves the Lakers winning is a conspiracy

Guest DOVAHKIIN
Yup. :rolleyes:

Damn how bad I feel for Carl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkely, Elgin Baylor, John Stockton, Reggie Miller, Pistol Pete, Dominique.

http://news.google.ca/news?hl=en&q=nba...sa=N&tab=wn

keke, yay propaganda.

If you look in this thread, not one single person has openly called this entire game rigged. Everyone however, knows the refereeing is incompetent, if not dishonest.

Great job naming some players that played when Stern had like no influence on the NBA.

Issues pertaining to Stern's integrity don't revolve to your beloved Lakers. You said it's speculation yourself, everyone else knows it's just speculation, so stop ragging about it. :tears: We know there's conspiracy in Chinese basketball, we know Donaghy's done SOMETHING shady to at least a few games he's ref'd, so pardon me for trusting the NBA 110% anymore. We might as well be talking about aliens or religion.

"In Rasheed We Trust"

Guest GO!zilla

lol who's the one ragging on it. im just repeating the numerous posts in here.

here, i'll do another one.

OMG THIS THREAD IS SO PAINFUL TO READDDDDDDDD.... AHHH MY ELITISM!!!

Not one you say?

Carl Malone, Patrick Ewing, Charles Barkely, John Stockton, Reggie Miller, Dominique

all played when Stern became commish.

In fact, more than half those guys were rookies when he joined.

I guess being lame duck commish has no influence.

It's one thing to accuse a minion that sorts mail, but it's a different thing to accuse a ceo.

you better have something solid.

Hey who knows... sheed might've been paid off.

You know how he gets all these fines... what if the NBA paid him the amount instead

of actually fining him. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Guest LolitaMan

You should be more concerned as who can actually guard the 2nd Greatest PLayer of All Time?!?!

BIg mad props to Kobe and the Lakers for taking out those annoying spurs. Kobe was simply amazing. Kobe will prove his critics wrong about needing fatazz shaq to win the championship. It's cool this time cause there's no one on the Lakers that I hate like when they had malone, payton, shaq,etc. lol.

Lakers in 6 baby!

Doc Rivers is such a bad coach. Haha, he just grabs a stat sheet and tells players what stats they have at halftime. Seen him do that many times. Rofl..

lol who's the one ragging on it. im just repeating the numerous posts in here.

here, i'll do another one.

haha, yeah

maybe it's because most of the users in here are laker fans

Guest LolitaMan
Yay can't wait for these two top teams to face off. :D

Hopefully Sam Cassell won't get a ring. :)

Well he already has 2 so why would it matter to him.

Doc Rivers is such a bad coach. Haha, he just grabs a stat sheet and tells players what stats they have at halftime. Seen him do that many times. Rofl..

i think Doc Rivers gonna get fired regardless of winning/losing.

I mean with the "big 3", they're not doing all too well. Thats all on the coach

Guest watcher
i think Doc Rivers gonna get fired regardless of winning/losing.

I mean with the "big 3", they're not doing all too well. Thats all on the coach

who the heck fires their coach for winning the NBA championship?

if my coach achieved the bottom line, i wouldn't punish him.

Archived