NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest asdfjkl;fdsajkl;

LAKERS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!

spurs are getting oldddd. they need new players period. but you know what thats okay. cuz they've already had their time.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Yeah. I think Sheed forgot he's one more technical away from being suspended :P, assuming Pistons live to see a game 7.

LAKERS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!

spurs are getting oldddd. they need new players period. but you know what thats okay. cuz they've already had their time.

Knowing the Spurs inability to win back-to-back, they'll just regroup, win the Finals in 2-4 years from now. David Robinson was a dinosaur when Duncan arrived and they won it, so I figure the Spurs will just get old, rusty, get some new decent players, and a new franchise savior will land them a ring.

Hooray for Mr. Inconsistent/McFlopper <3

Guest DOVAHKIIN
now.. hope the eastern conference goes to 7 games

So bs... my prom just has to be tomorrow night while the game is on <_< I haven't been able to catch a single Celtics-Pistons game so far on tv.

Lakers vs Celtics. 1st vs 1st. Who will take it?

man im actually a lot more scared of the celtics than the pistons. Even though the playoffs shows that they're over-rated, they just match up really well against the Lakers.

Guest myaimisme

Probably Celtics vs. Lakers, but Lakers are gonna win. Ray Allen hasn't been doing that well so far, but Gasol hasn't either. Rondo sometimes makes stupid decisions and stupid passes, but so does Luke Walton. KG and Pierce, but there's Kobe (MVP) and Odom.

FYI: You need more than two people to guard Kobe or he will knock shots all day.

Guest kayla.
why???

Yeah, why? The only good reason I think can of (well, for Laker fans that is) is to get whoever is victorious pretty tired and in need of rest. The finals start on June 5th. It's a set date.

The Lakers will be resting for a week which I'm not too happy about.

GO LAKERS!

I would also to express my profound admiration for the Spurs organisation. You guys are a class act (...please don't start with me in regards to Bruce Bowen's dirty play allegations...) and were just a little misfortunate this season. You guys are still the best NBA franchise in terms of team management and I'm sure with some tweaks and adjustments you'll become even better next season! I would like to see you guys get younger, more athletic and I hope you keep the Big Three tandem of Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili together. Good luck with the off-season and I hope to see you guys continue to strengthen your status as perennial, basketball powerhouses in the NBA!

why???

Boston seems favorite in winning the series. For the 1st 3 rounds, they go full 7 games (hopefully). That is emotionally and physically draining. They're bound to break... so whatever advantage the lakers can get, ill be happy with.

Guest epark1281

man im actually a lot more scared of the celtics than the pistons. Even though the playoffs shows that they're over-rated, they just match up really well against the Lakers.

I beg to differ. The celts are a great offensive team, but the piston's match up much better defensively.

Chauncy on Dfish, Rip on Sasha or Farmar, Tayshaun on Kobe, Sheed on Gasol, Dice on Odom. The Celt's are not a good defensive team. They rely on one of their three to go off offensively during a game to win. I don't think that's nearly enough.

On that note

I want to know that "TEAM" can win a championship. I want to believe that the sum is greater than it's parts. I want to believe that Whiny divas and Tankers and PrimaDonnas don't get what they don't deserve. I want to believe that teamwork is greater than individual greatness. I want to believe that a bunch of humble, unselfish players can win the championship. I want to believe that Good Defense is just as critical as great offense. I want to know that class and character mean as much to the game as three pointers and ally-oops. Give me an all star hall of famer PF who's willing to come off the bench. Give me a team that listens to their coach. And if i can't have ANY of that,

Give me all of that plus one psudo-psycho center.

If the Spurs couldn't pull it off

This is the only time i'll say this in my life:

DEEEEETROIT

BASKET-BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

Guest mofo

the spurs can't hold a lead lol...

they definitely need to make some changes in the off season..it took them 7 games to beat the hornets and now they lose to l.a. in 5 games.

--

i think detroit is a better defensive team than boston, but detroit has trouble pulling the trigger sometimes..i don't see the hunger and fire that they used to have...

Guest watcher
Boston seems favorite in winning the series. For the 1st 3 rounds, they go full 7 games (hopefully). That is emotionally and physically draining. They're bound to break... so whatever advantage the lakers can get, ill be happy with.

don't really see a huge advantage... even if it goes to game 7, celts get 4 days of rest [sunday~thursday] and emotionally it'll charge them up. KG/Allen finally in the finals, Pierce finally seeing through tough times to see good times like this, Boston being in the finals for the first time in like 20 years, and against the lakers to boot. i see any advantage as minimal.

On that note

I want to know that "TEAM" can win a championship. I want to believe that the sum is greater than it's parts. I want to believe that Whiny divas and Tankers and PrimaDonnas don't get what they don't deserve. I want to believe that teamwork is greater than individual greatness. I want to believe that a bunch of humble, unselfish players can win the championship. I want to believe that Good Defense is just as critical as great offense. I want to know that class and character mean as much to the game as three pointers and ally-oops. Give me an all star hall of famer PF who's willing to come off the bench. Give me a team that listens to their coach. And if i can't have ANY of that,

Give me all of that plus one psudo-psycho center.

If the Spurs couldn't pull it off

This is the only time i'll say this in my life:

DEEEEETROIT

BASKET-BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

sometimes, a partial synergy of greater talent may as well be better than a full synergy of a lesser talent, no? whatever the case may be, i see spurs as the biggest hurdle the lakers will have faced in this year's playoffs. not taking any credit away from either boston or detroit, but had spurs advanced instead, spurs would've been the team to beat. i think the biggest hurdle in the finals will be the lakers themselves. if they can execute like they did in these playoffs, they'll be NBA champs, and hollywood will have another fun day in the sun.

I beg to differ. The celts are a great offensive team, but the piston's match up much better defensively.

Chauncy on Dfish, Rip on Sasha or Farmar, Tayshaun on Kobe, Sheed on Gasol, Dice on Odom. The Celt's are not a good defensive team. They rely on one of their three to go off offensively during a game to win. I don't think that's nearly enough.

in the 2 games vs detroit, the Lakers were 1-1. The game they lost, was ODUMBS fault and Prince last second 3?

while the celtics blew the Lakers out in both games.

The regular season might not mean much, its the only way we can gather how the team fared against one another.

Guest plusone

Gasol was present in NONE of those four games... so regular season matchups hold zero weight in this particular scenario.

Guest epark1281

i believe the spurs lost the regular season series to both the Suns and the Hornets.

So much for the regular season.

Guest KeepinItReal

Actually, I wanted the Lakers to beat the Spurs so I can see the Pistons/Celtics demolish them. It would be even more satisfying to see the lakers lose in the biggest stage, lmao

Guest GO!zilla

detroit is a tougher match for the lakers.

just a reminder to people... the winner of eastern conference finals will have "homecourt advantage"

however finals format is 2-3-2

Archived