NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest Krn_Track_Star

fisher back with the lakers. datz 1 step closer to making the team better. =). they have a better point guard now i guess but man i think gred oden is overrated at this point. i think he would do good but not as good as people say he is going to do. he fouled out both of his games n barley scored ne points but i guess the summer league doesnt really matter.

oh btw vince carter is expected to resign with the nets later on today. =). YES VINCE IS STAYING IN NJ.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DOVAHKIIN

Ew... Vince is staying in NJ...

In other news, Antoine Walker got robbed at gunpoint in his house o_o

Guest plusone

I don't get the Bucks. Having a player who doesn't want to be there is bad for the ENTIRE team, period. You would think Larry Harris would trade him elsewhere and at least get some value for him.

Speaking of Houston, what do you think the Spurs are gonna do with Spanoulis? I don't get the move at all. They lose a servicable back-up center in Jackie Butler (although they DO have Matt Bonner and Francisco Elson), and lose the rights to a very promising Luis Scola. Now they end up with an unhappy Spanoulis who doesn't want to come back to the NBA, period.

spanoulis is going back to europe and so the spurs get money back. I just read that the trade made too much financial sense for the spurs because they would get rid of 7 mill from the salary cap. they tried to trade away scola to another division, but couldn't so they had to settle for the trade with houston. and i don't think scola is coming over. isn't he the best post player in europe? he'll probably come over later in his career ala sabonis, and have some impact for a good team. oh, and the spurs just drafted tiago splitter, and he might come over as soon as next year, so that would be good for them. But from what I just read, it was really about the money. 7 mill is a lot of cap space.

I don't get the Bucks. Having a player who doesn't want to be there is bad for the ENTIRE team, period. You would think Larry Harris would trade him elsewhere and at least get some value for him.

yeah, but trying to get fair value for a rookie is so hard. especially a rookie that's not signed, cuz then you'd have to trade for either the rights to another rookie(very hard right now) or you'd have to take on a player, and most likely won't get full value. he's going to have a lot of trouble trading yi away because the value of yi is so unknown and he hasn't signed a contract.

Guest plusone

spanoulis is going back to europe and so the spurs get money back.

But... if they bought him out, he would still count against their cap space. If they cut him, he would still count against their cap space. Because he is under contract for two more seasons, doesn't he count against their cap space anyway?

yeah, but trying to get fair value for a rookie is so hard. especially a rookie that's not signed, cuz then you'd have to trade for either the rights to another rookie(very hard right now) or you'd have to take on a player, and most likely won't get full value. he's going to have a lot of trouble trading yi away because the value of yi is so unknown and he hasn't signed a contract.

Well they DO have $8M in cap space and the free agent market isn't the strongest ever, so I guess they could absorb a large contract for a talented player. But the value, I agree with.

^ not really sure how the spanlousis thing is working. I read it on espn. from what i know, he was horribly unhappy with playing(or all the non playing) in the nba, so i guess it was a mutual termination of the contract, so nobody gets anything? oh! maybe he was released from his contract like fisher was, and so the spurs aren't responsible anymore. that's probably more likely.

Guest plusone

^ not really sure how the spanlousis thing is working. I read it on espn. from what i know, he was horribly unhappy with playing(or all the non playing) in the nba, so i guess it was a mutual termination of the contract, so nobody gets anything? oh! maybe he was released from his contract like fisher was, and so the spurs aren't responsible anymore. that's probably more likely.

Oh I see. He was homesick or something... :/

if yi elects not to play with bucks... don't bucks hold rights to him for certain amount of years?

Well what Yi would have to do to totally screw the Bucks is... don't sign a contract and don't play ANY pro ball in ANY shape or form until next year. Then he can declare for the 2008 NBA Draft. I read this on ESPN or SI... I forget which.

JW... is this what Tiago Splittler does every year? He seems to be in the draft talks every year and never shows up. Who's the guy who screwed over the Magic last year?

Oh I see. He was homesick or something... :/

Well what Yi would have to do to totally screw the Bucks is... don't sign a contract and don't play ANY pro ball in ANY shape or form until next year. Then he can declare for the 2008 NBA Draft. I read this on ESPN or SI... I forget which.

JW... is this what Tiago Splittler does every year? He seems to be in the draft talks every year and never shows up. Who's the guy who screwed over the Magic last year?

Umm..yeah, Yi said that he's willing to just do chinese national team stuff for an entire year and re-enter the draft, at which point he would be re-eligible for the draft and voila, would probably be the best big man in the draft next year next to hibbert.

and the guy who screwed the magic is fran vasquez, and this is splitter's first year in the draft. he always backs out, but it was usually because of his buyout situation. now he only has like a year left, so i guess he put his name in. the next "tiago splitter" is going to nicolas batum of france who also has been toying with the draft for like 3 years now.

Guest EYJAYJAY

nets made a good pickup, i still wish they kept mikki moore though cuz they do need that front court depth. i cant remember but did nets draft a big guy?

Jeff Green will surprise some of you guys this year. I just watched him play the Blazers tonight.

Green was REAL good. It was my first time watching this dude play and he was really impressive. He has an above average post game. He can back down the smaller defenders and has a nice hook shoot. He's a real good rebounder, he knows where to be and can really elevate. I love how he takes it hard and draws the foul. Great passer from the post and the top of the key. Mid-range shot was solid and his long range shot was alrite but he can work on that. I'm really liking Green and he's a pretty solid defender. He's gonna be a matchup problem for a lot of 3's and 4's in the league. He's quick enough to guard the 3's and big enough to guard some of the 4's in this hybrid league.

Pro's

Solid Mid-range shot

Above-average defender

Great basketball IQ

Great passer from the post

Can handle the ball

Good Rebounder

Con's

Long-range shot could be better.

Finishing better in the lane

Upper body strength

You can really compare this guy to Josh Howard.

Guest DOVAHKIIN
nets made a good pickup, i still wish they kept mikki moore though cuz they do need that front court depth. i cant remember but did nets draft a big guy?

Yeah, I liked Moore a lot, that guy shut down Chris Bosh in the playoffs.

But Nenad Krstic's return + Magloire is a pretty tough front court, guess there was no room for Moore, unless he was willing to come off the bench for both Krstic and Magloire.

Or it could've been Magloire coming off the bench for Krstic and Moore. Then again, they have Jason Collins... meh

Guest EYJAYJAY

i dont really think collins is that good, even as a bench player. they really need a reliable third person because what if one of them gets injured again? their front court is too thin, nets are just hoping for good luck

Guest DOVAHKIIN

I don't mind Collins... scrappy guy, lack of offense, but solid role player.

Is old man Clifford Robinson retired yet?

Edit: Nvm he was released.

Guest plusone

Is old man Clifford Robinson retired yet?

Edit: Nvm he was released.

Speaking of which there's a rumor that the Lakers might try to sign Uncle Cliff for whats left of their MLE

Archived