J-rock Vocalists

Guest Olivia*sSlave*

Guest Olivia*sSlave*

This topic is for all the vocalists in the world of J-rock

post your favorite with profile and what band they are in, and pictures, lots and lots of pictures ^^

I shall start with a couple of mine

and for any additional info I fail to put up please write it in a post and I'll edit this post.

I also encourage to put up any news on bands such as cd releases, tours, dvds, what they're doing etc.,

409px-Kyokodou.jpg

Kyo

Bday: 2/16/1976

Band: Dir en grey

He's been my favorite since he first started getting me into J-rock 4 years ago, and I am proud to say I am still a fan.

15902338_m.jpg

Tatsurou

bday: 8/21/1979

Band: Mucc

I use to dislike tatsurou, yet his voice slowly grasped me and now I am a pretty big Mucc fan

10151_33744.jpg

# Name: Arimura Ryutaro/Ryuutarou

# Birth Date: March 6, 1973

Band: plastic tree

Again I didn't like Plastic tree at first, but after the release of Ghost I was hooked

baroque-ryou.jpg

Ryou

Bday: 7/24/1982

band: ex-baroque now Kannivalism

Ryou's voice captured me with there first mini album Tokyo Stripper

he's just amazingly cool

Yomi36.jpg

Yomi

bday: July 14th, 1981

Band: Nightmare

Yomi is just awesome and funny. I use to not like nightmare but after I got use to his voice I started

appreciating it for what it is, pure awesome. His stage presence and his ability to always stay on key.

On page 1: in order

Kyo(Dir en grey)

Ryou(Ex- Baroque now reinstated Kannivalism)

Ryutarou(Plastic Tree)

Yomi(Naitomea and Sendai Kamotsu)

isshi(kaggra)

kirito(ex-pierrot now Solo and in Angelo)

satsuki(RENTRER EN SOI)

miku(antikku cafe)

miyavi

ruki(THE GAZETTE <lame name Gazette looks better)

miyawaki wataru(12012)

asagi(D)

kaito/Kight(Ex-Shulla now Guy'sFamily)

Daisuke(Kagerou - disbanded)

hizumi(D'espairs Ray)

Hyde(l'arc~en~ciel)

Ryuichi Kawamura(tourbillion ex. luna sea)

yasu(Janne Da Arc)

kiyoharu(ex-Kuroyume ex-Sads now solo)

klaha(ex-malice mizer now sorta solo but sick)

hide

Page 2:

hakuei(penicillin)

Riku (Ex-Hiskarea now sorta phantasmagoria and going onto a side project)

Gackt(ex-Malice Mizer now solo soon to be in group with Yoshiki, Sugizo, Miyavi? and another bass player)

Shou(ex-givuss now Alice nine.)

Jui(ex Luinspear now vidoll and part of Kisaki Project)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Malice_Kaiser

Oh yay. :)

I've got two contributions for now.

7isshi1.jpg

Isshi from Kaggra,.

What a range! This man can hit notes like no other. A truly beautiful falsetto I find is not all too common in J-rock.

A lot of people find it hard to get used to his voice, but I honestly don't understand why. He's great.

(I decided to post a picture from when Kagrra, was still more visual... 'cos I miss those days. ;-; )

kirito06.jpg

Kirito from Pierrot (disbanded last year, Kirito is now a solo artist)

Again, a versatile voice that can be pretty and calm, or raspy and strong in more rocking songs. Not only is he a good vocalist, but a good song writer who writes with a purpose. I think Kirito is so admirable. (:

Guest OBSCURE Sin

Since you stole Kyo I can't put him up :lol:

Satsuki 砂月

Band: Rentrer en Soi (2001-)

Barely anything is known about Satsuki, but he has a stunning voice. Able to hit amazing high notes, and with a rather unique voice.

satsuki3hm.jpg

satsuki39os.jpg

Miku

Band: An-Cafe アンティック-珈琲店- (2003-)

Birthday: January 5, 1984

Miku has a very funky, quite thick voice, which I really like. He has a habit of imitating Donald Duck (:lol:) and doing abrupt shrieks in songs. He's also cute as a button xD

news5bf.jpg

news16cz.jpg

雅-miyavi-

Band: Solo artist, but was guitarist of Dué le quartz (under the name Miyabi) from 1999 until they disbanded in 2002. He then launched his solo career.

Birthday: September 14, 1981

Miyavi is the kind of person who needs no introduction. His voice seems to me unlike any other vocalist. It is quite croaky, it has to be said, but wonderful, in my opinion. Miyavi is known for his hyperactivity, and can often be found in clips terrorizing members of other bands xD

Oh and he's sexy too XP

miyavi0ez.jpg

miyavi11fa.jpg

Guest ladyyehse

Ruki ルキ of Gazette

fmdec06ruki.jpg

Birthday: 2/1/82

Band: The GazettE

One of my favorite jrocker/vocalist.

more pictures:

zy029gazetteruki00235tj.jpg

ruki-55.jpg

ruki105.jpg

ruki95.jpg

Wataru

ranshin-wat26.jpgranshin-wat27.jpg

Birthday: July 23, 1980

Band: 12012

love the band<3

Guest Olivia*sSlave*

Kirito is not only a solo artist but he has joined up with his brother and former bandmate kohta along with formerbandmate takeo to form Angelo

they have released one single/mini album called reborn and are releasing a new single next month

Guest accursed_desire

Hahaha, Sean, you actually made it? XD I wonder how long till we get a Guitarists, Bassists, and Drummers threads? XD

Awww, Ginny already called Satsuki. T___T

Asagi

asagi11jd.jpg

asagi21ws.jpg

asagi32wx.jpg

Birthday: August 29

Bands: D [2003-Present] ex. Syndrome [2001-2002] ex. Je*Reviens [1998-2001]

Asagi is one of my favorite vocalists. His voice is rather deep and thoaty, and he has quite a vocal range, but it seems he prefers to stay towards the lower end of it in most of his songs. He has quite a unique way of singing, and I've yet to hear another vocalist quite like him. ^^ As for news on his band, they'll be releasing their first live DVD soon, that includes footage from their "Tafel Anatomie" tour.

Kight (formally known as Kaito)

From the the moment I first heard Kaito about 2 years ago, I've LOVED him. He's got such and unique voice and an interesting way of singing. It's really hard to explain. His voice is lovely, and what I find interesting about him is, at times he sounds like he can actually sing and growl at the same time. XD That's the best way I can describe it anyways. He can makes lots of interesting noises and sounds. I also like when he sings kinda high and sorta squeaky, like he's mocking someone. XD His band, Shulla, sadly had their last live on November 21, 2006. In October 2006, his new band Guys Family played their first live. Their first single "Sansenchi" was released on December 12th, and has now sold out. They plan on releasing a second press of the single on February 21st, which includes a new 4th song, and they're releasing their second single April 18th.

kaito10lx.jpg

(Kaito)

kaito29jj.jpg

(Kaito)

kight11tg.jpg

(Kight)

kight26jy.jpg

(Kight)

Birthday: May 18

Bands Guys Family [2006-Present] ex. Shulla (known as Kaito) [2001-2005]

Daisuke

Daisuke is another one of my favorite vocalists, of one of my favorite bands. He always had an interesting way of doing things, singing and performing. I'd say he was the most interesting member of the band Kagerou. He was unique in that he could be screaming his lungs out one minute, and the next he's singing so softly and so fragile like, and then he'd sing normally, but powerfully. On January 7, 2007, Daisuke and the rest of Kagerou played their last live as a band together. And that truely saddened me, and I'll miss Daisuke and the band. I don't know, but I hope there's a possibility of a DVD of their last live, as I would love to see it.

daisuke12ul.jpg

daisuke29ip.jpg

daisuke36iz.jpg

Birthday: July 30

Bands: ex Kagerou [1999-2007] ex Fatima (as drummer) [1998-1999]

Guest precious4e

LoL was this because we kept on discussing random vocalists in the Gaze thread??

anyways Kyo will always be my favorite vocalist.

don't forget Hizumi from D'espairsRay!!

BDay: 3/2/78

Blood Type: B

Height:169.6 cm

hizumi2.jpg

hizumidvd0139bd.jpg

shoxx00.jpg

folmate01.jpg

folmate05.jpg

and hyde from L'arc~en~ciel

BDay: 1/29/69 (other sites say 68)

Height: 158 cm (eR is he?)

Cool Fact: hyde is colorblind

hyde_main.jpg

hydefaith.jpg

hyde1.jpg

hyde2.jpg

Also Ryuichi ex LUNA SEA...heheh my introduction to JRock....the voice I loved :blush:

Current Band:Tourbillon

BDay: 5/20/70

Blood Type: O

Height: 171 cm

ryuichi.jpg

ryuichi2.jpg

ryuich1.jpg

ryuichi3.jpg

Tatsuro's voice is very nice too. MUCC is an awesome band...but I need more time to get into them.

Too busy with Diru and Despa lol.

Guest OBSCURE Sin

^ you fool! :lol: j/k

Awww, Ginny already called Satsuki. T___T

I purposely left you Asagi! Because he belongs to you xD I'm just a n00b. I want to make a drummers thread. They don't get enough exposure in my opinion. At least if I make it I can lay claim to Shinya XD

Should I?

Yasu

Band: Janne da Arc

Birthday: January 27, 1975

I like his voice. The end xD

yasu3xd.jpg

Kiyoharu

Band: Former vocalist of Kuroyume and SADS, he began his solo career in 2003.

Birthday: 30th October, 1968

He has an amazing voice and style. He is also one of the most influential people in Jrock, inspiring vocalists like Kyo, etc.

kiyoharu3nf.jpg

kiyoharu11hl.jpg

Klaha

Band: Former Malice Mizer vocalist, he launched a solo career when they finally disbanded. However, Klaha has been MIA for quite a while, though there are promises that he will resume his career soon.

He has a very powerful voice, very smooth and with good range. I actually prefer his voice to Gackt *ducks from Gackt fangirls throwing things* XD;;;

klaha4mf.jpg

klaha23jo.jpg

Guest accursed_desire

I purposely left you Asagi! Because he belongs to you xD I'm just a n00b. I want to make a drummers thread. They don't get enough exposure in my opinion. At least if I make it I can lay claim to Shinya XD

Should I?

Yasu

Band: Janne da Arc

Awwww, that's so nice of you! ^__^ I don't mind that you called Satsuki. XD

Oooo, YOU SHOULD MAKE A DRUMMERS THREAD! And I should make a guitarists thread, cuz I love me's dem geetarists. XD And someone else should make a bassists one. =D

AHHHH!!! AND YOU PUT YASU! I <3 YASU AND JANNE DA ARC!! And Yasu's such a cutie. =X

Blarg.. imageshack is being stupid. It won't upload stuff for me. T____T

Guest precious4e

Someone should do Hakuei!

Since i'm not a huge fan of his vocals I won't post him up...but I am a fan of his modelling cuz he's hot kekekeke.....

@ Shirley: tsk tsk..I thought you would post Hizumi right after Ruki! lol...but it's ok I got him ^^ I basically got all my favs up there.

Guest OBSCURE Sin

@Sean

Something you should put under the Kyo section is that he has the solo album Daisan Teikoku Gakudan, that was released with the poem book. Also, about he is famous for his screaming and controversial lyrics.

Drummer thread is up.

Guest accursed_desire

Drummer thread is up.

I saw! I figured you'd pick Shinya and Kai. XD

Now I want to make a guitarists thread... because I always seem to favor and talk about guitarists the most. XD

Sean I had an idea! In the first post, you should put a list of the vocalists who've already had profiles made for them, and have links to those posts. So that way we don't have doubles, or if someone has something to add, they can say it and ask the person who posted the profile to edit it. And it'd make finding stuff about the vocalists easier and stuff. ^___^ Just an idea.

Guest OBSCURE Sin

^ You're so organized XD I can see you making a shrine website to Diru or something in the future.

If you did make a guitarist thread it would work out well, because when you think about it, there's twice as many guitarists.

Guest accursed_desire

Hahaha, yeah, I like to be organized. ^^ (except for my room... I never know where anything is. ><)

XD I've actually attempted to make a few Diru fansites... thing is.. I'm too lazy to finish them, and I can never put all the stuff I want to on them, because I'm too poor to afford a site with lots of space.

Yeah, that's true! XD I think I might make one tomorrow, and add some drummer to the Drummers thread, and some more to here. ^^ (because imageshack is being a butt muncher and so is photoshop so I can't resize the hugea** photos I have, cuz I don't like imageshack thumbnails o______O)

hide

Birth name: Hideto Matsumoto

Born: December 13, 1964

Died: May 2, 1998

Genre(s): Alternative rock

Occupation(s): Singer, guitarist, songwriter

Instrument(s): Guitar, vocals

Years active: 1980s - 1998

Hidexjapan.jpg

not only was he the guitarist of the band X-Japan, but he was also a solo artist who moved/touched thousands of people through his beautiful voice and music. He is the first person in my entire life to make such an influence in my love and passion for guitars. His music, his guitar skills , his flamboyant nature and personality he put into his music will never ever be forgotten.

stay forever free

<3

Guest heartkiller

Hyde

Born: January 29,1968

Band: L'arc en ciel 1991 to present

also he has put out 4 solo albums he has starred in 2 movies Moon Child( with gackt) and also in the movie Last Quarter or better known as kagen no tsuki hes an only child and married his wife megumi on christmas of 2000. he is rumored to be color blind

72a6dd09.jpg

Hyde-suitandtie.jpg

Archived